Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
This should work up to 300°C, provided you give it enough time to react >> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dig...rmometers-Cooking-Termometro/32718930913.html

But accurate temperature is a bit over-rated. As long as you can restrict to low, mid and high temperature it's enough in practice.

EDIT: what I mean is precision is more important than accuracy. Having a stable and repeatable temperature is a must to prevent charring and get consistent sessions. But knowing what the exact temperature is down to a tenth of a degree is pretty useless. Or well, it is not useless for the TC regulation to work properly of course, but for the end user it's not that important.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Weren't we supposed to see 30% off at rbt today? Ryan had the site down over the weekend with a teaser to that effect. Weird to make the site live on Monday if the sale is tomorrow or something.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@cjang: I should think twice before posting, and just realized it's the Splinter thread and not the iHeat, so the unit is sealed down and you can't see the heating element anyway (apart through the screen at the bottom of the female joint)

Best you could do would be to measure the outgoing air temperature right at the screen level.

modmyvape

@modmyvape, as I haven't updated my stock software yet, I can't help you with anything concerning firmware or its installation, but read the 1st post here, it might be helpful. Best I can do.

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/comment/81197

If & when you have any success, do post back to let us know how the hell you did it! :lol:

I also posted this link on reddit where you replied to that firmware installation thread. ;)
Hey! Not sure how to download that .bin file in that post, but I'm just gonna find a Evic vape, mainly because I like the much smaller form factor and then I'll install the Funky Junky software, wouldn't do this if these mods weren't so cheap lol

But thank you for the response though, very much appreciated!

modmyvape,
Reactions: Summer

FMSQ

Dab Scientist here seeking knowledge
Weren't we supposed to see 30% off at rbt today? Ryan had the site down over the weekend with a teaser to that effect. Weird to make the site live on Monday if the sale is tomorrow or something.

It looks like "30% OFF Week Starts Midnight EST". I assume that means tonight.

Code will be: WTW

t6wg45.png

I may have to start an instagram account so I can start following...

There are also some fresh images of a Splinter quick start guide posted an hour ago.
https://www.instagram.com/rastabuddhatao/

Edit: added the code for the 30% off savings this week. Heard it on the instagram stream. Code will be “WTW” (for White Tuesday Week).

Last edited:
FMSQ,
Reactions: bossman

softkore

The White Tuesday code "WTW" is not working properly for me. I have a 2-hole Splinter in my cart, I believe it's the last one in stock, and the coupon code is only applying an 18% discount instead of 30%. :( I don't know if I should just bite the bullet, I'm really nervous about not getting the coupon corrected before the sell out.

softkore,

Summer

Long Island, NY
@softcore, don't know what to tell you to do as you are correct in that only 17.8% is being realized. And the only Splinter stock available is the 2 & 4-hole Bubingas. If you really want it I'd say go for it & then send an email to info@rastabuddhatao.com advising them that you need a credit. Don't forget to throw in a 19/19 water adapter if you intend to use it through water & maybe a long 19/19 stem because you'll probably only receive a short stem. The XBLr stems are currently OOS.

softkore

I emailed them and now I guess I'll wait, seems like there's a good chance they'll sell out in the meantime but I don't have much choice - was planning on buying with a prepaid Visa card I got as a holiday bonus from work this year, but the card is only for $125 and the total after shipping with the improper discount is $139. I'll be crushed if they sell out, this is just my type of luck :(

softkore,

FMSQ

The WTW code appears to only be removing 30$ not 30%.

I have just the 19/19 adapter in my cart ($10). The code takes off $30. This can’t be right.

I sent an email to alert them of the issue and will wait till it is fixed to make my order.

softkore

I didn't want to wait and miss out so I went ahead and put it on the credit card with the incorrect discount, and sent an email to info@rastabuddhatao.com asking if they'll still honor the 30% and refund me the difference.

I'm wondering if the store just hasn't been restocked with new Splinters yet for the sale, or if they've almost all sold out since last night's sale (or Monday when the store went live again before the sale)? I don't think Bubinga would've been my first choice but I do think it's very pretty and I really didn't want to take my chances waiting until more were available :)

Last edited:
softkore,

FMSQ

The WTW code works correctly now, removing the 30%.

Just picked up the 19/19 adapter!

FMSQ,

Summer

Long Island, NY
When I emailed RBT about the code not working correctly, Ryan emailed me back:

"I am still waiting on Stephanie to add stock... much more stock to be added soon and more for the weekend." Have no idea what will be added, but assume it will be Splinters. Don't know about Zs or XLrs. If anyone checks the website & sees new stock, please be sure to post.

Summer

Long Island, NY
OK, before I'm off, just checked the site & there are 2- & 4-hole Bubingas & 2-hole Leopard Wood & 4-hole Lacewoods available. Anyway, the sale is going through the 3rd so you guys that are interested just have to keep checking. Ryan posted instagrams pics of wood shells, heating innards & such over the last several days so I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the processing of assembling them.

Grifo

excellent choice the splinter
thanks i didnt really have time to see what i was getting since i was at lunch and late to get back to work but i pulled the trigger on the 4 hole since i could just cover the other 2 holes.

Grifo,
Reactions: wilky

BlazeDis

Hi managed to load the FJ Firmware (newest version ) but can only get Tubo mode not TCR mode does anyone know how I can change the TCR M1, M2 etc settings on Tubo mode please ? It’s only says Tubo mode at the top but no M1 etc . Hope that makes sense ...

BlazeDis,

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Hi managed to load the FJ Firmware (newest version ) but can only get Tubo mode not TCR mode does anyone know how I can change the TCR M1, M2 etc settings on Tubo mode please ? It’s only says Tubo mode at the top but no M1 etc . Hope that makes sense ...
In the latest firmware, Tubo is the name for the TCR mode. FJ's little branding on his firmware.
You change the M setting in the Coils section, in the Tubo set slot. Press fire/+ same time to get to editing, scroll to coils, then Tubo set.

SloJimFizz,
Reactions: Hippie

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Hi I have set M1 , 2 and 3 but they don’t show in the Tubo mode screen so you can’t change between them .
I've never had the need to select different M's. But I did notice when you edit the main screen in Tubo mode, there is a blank spot when you scroll from flashing Tubo, to flashing watts. The blank spot could be the different M select, perhaps bypassed by FJ, or could be a hidden selection, ghost flashing we just can't see it, video game Easter egg style. Just guessing out loud here...:D

SloJimFizz,
Reactions: BlazeDis
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom