Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grifo

So far I find myself plugging up the 2 extra holes to get thicker vapor in wattage mode. Might be different with a water pipe but thats why i got the 4 hole so i can do both. But we shall see im still messing with it.

Last edited:

analytika

So far I find myself plugging up the 2 extra holes to get thicker vapor in wattage mode. Might be different with a water pipe but thats why i got the 4 hole so i can do both. But we shall see im still messing with it.
Higher wattage (or boost) + accelerating inhalation for the high flow.

analytika,
Reactions: Summer

budblue

Aup
Can someone please help me get the best out of my new splinter ??
I have gone from my broken crafty which while it worked tasted good ! to my new splinter ,whic( I am struggling with :( I decided on the splinter as I liked the look and simple design and also all the folk I read who have them saying how nice they taste ,I 1st tried mine with a friends cheap mod and couldn’t get no vape ,I soon learned that I was drawing way way to fast to get vape so slowed things down and got vape but no taste ,I was a bit gutted to say the least as I was expecting super flavour :( so I thought it was the cheap mod ,I then see the vapefiend vid where the chap is using a Wismec gen 3 dual and it looked like it did the job perfectly so today I have bought one and tried at the lower watt as I see most folk do on YouTube with excellent results from what I could see ,I started at 25w and went Upto 44w I don’t seem to be able to get any vape until I get Upto 44 w where I can produce a decent cloud but with no nice flavour ,am gutted can some one tell me where am going wrong and show me the way :)

analytika

I use splinter the way a Dynavap works naturally (with its "click" system): calibrated for quick extraction rather than terp flavor chasing.

You at least, with the splinter, have the option of moving wattage around on the mod or fingering the button, if you're in a basic mode without boost. Replay mode on a DNA "c" is intelligent boost straight to full extraction temps.

You can terp flavor chase on a milaana, which is fixed wattage but all about the fingering.

Still nothing tastes like my mighty when slowly, manually rolling up temperature. Do I reach for it, for that reason? Not much.

Last edited:

budblue

Thanks for the quick response folk
It's a two hole version and am using a Wismec gen 3 dual ,as far as I know am in just the basic mode and it times out after 10 secs I've tried again at 30w and got vapour to my surprise ,I think I have still been drawing to fast ,shortly I will trying lower again to see if the flavour improves :) any more tips on the splinter and mod especially would be very helpful

Lozo

@budblue I got a Splinter Z that I picked up here on the classifieds and have that same mod, never used a Splinter but I have a Milanna. I have the mod on Wattage mode, fill the stems by sucking a medium grind with a light tamp and keep my draw slowish and just before the mod times out I release the button and hit it again. I don't think I'll cause any damage to the mod nor the Splinter Z doing this (just my opinion) but I needed to in order to get a good hit. Typically I start at 30 W with 2-3 draws then go to 35 W and do 2-3 more. Sometimes a stir sometimes not but always a draw for more than 10 sec. I'm not sure if there's a way round this with this mod or if this is OK to do (anyone please advise if not) but it works well for me.....recently picked up an adapter for my glass...combusted at 38 or 40 W.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@budblue, well, looks like you are on your way with getting vapor. Play with your wattage, you draw, your grind, your packing & decide on what firmware you want to update your mod with, if, in fact, do. And then experiment with TCR mode.

A tip: The Gen Dual is one of mods that Ryan the creator of this vape uses. I believe he's using the my_sur evic software for the benefit of cruise mode.

Here's a highly useful link to get you on your way:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-splinter-by-rbt.23476/page-111#post-1330279

And until you update your software, if 10 sec. is 2 short for your draw, just press the button 2x during your draw.

Last edited:

Lozo

@Summer thank you for the links, great help. The funky junk firmware didn't want to load from that link but I found the bin file that works well here https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/comment/81197

Edit: I set the 'AutoFi' to on and the 'Atime' to infinity. I'm not sure where to change the mode from Watt to Temp. Am I right in thinking that this only works on Temp mode?

Last edited:
Lozo,

Lozo

@KeroZen thank you for the confirmation. Running Funky Junk with the RX Gen 3 Dual, I'm in Temp mode now using SS setting (choices we Ti / Ni/ SS) with AutoFi on and time set to infinity but mod still switches off at 10 sec. Kinda lost as to what to do now.

Lozo,
Reactions: KeroZen

budblue

@budblue I got a Splinter Z that I picked up here on the classifieds and have that same mod, never used a Splinter but I have a Milanna. I have the mod on Wattage mode, fill the stems by sucking a medium grind with a light tamp and keep my draw slowish and just before the mod times out I release the button and hit it again. I don't think I'll cause any damage to the mod nor the Splinter Z doing this (just my opinion) but I needed to in order to get a good hit. Typically I start at 30 W with 2-3 draws then go to 35 W and do 2-3 more. Sometimes a stir sometimes not but always a draw for more than 10 sec. I'm not sure if there's a way round this with this mod or if this is OK to do (anyone please advise if not) but it works well for me.....recently picked up an adapter for my glass...combusted at 38 or 40 W.

Thanks for that :)
Am there just about and lovin' it

budblue,

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Lozo, do you think you have to be in TCR not TC mode to change the firing time? Don't know, just speculating. Will wait to hear what @KenZero says.

Summer,
Reactions: Lozo

budblue

@KeroZen thank you for the confirmation. Running Funky Junk with the RX Gen 3 Dual, I'm in Temp mode now using SS setting (choices we Ti / Ni/ SS) with AutoFi on and time set to infinity but mod still switches off at 10 sec. Kinda lost as to what to do now.
Lozo am sure the mod draw can be upped to 15 secs before it times out
@budblue, well, looks like you are on your way with getting vapor. Play with your wattage, you draw, your grind, your packing & decide on what firmware you want to update your mod with, if, in fact, do. And then experiment with TCR mode.

A tip: The Gen Dual is one of mods that Ryan the creator of this vape uses. I believe he's using the my_sur evic software for the benefit of cruise mode.

Here's a highly useful link to get you on your way:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-splinter-by-rbt.23476/page-111#post-1330279

And until you update your software, if 10 sec. is 2 short for your draw, just press the button 2x during your draw.
thanks I’ll check the link after a bit more time tinkering in power mode :)

budblue,

Lozo

@Lozo, do you think you have to be in TCR not TC mode to change the firing time? Don't know, just speculating. Will wait to hear what @KenZero says.

@Summer Thanks, tried the TCR too but same thing happened though it did seem to fire a bit longer once or twice and now gone back to timing out. Back on wattage mode before I can figure this out.

Lozo,

Hippie

In the vaping section of the sur_myevic menu look for a setting labelled Prot (for protection) and increase that number for a longer maximum draw time

I meant to say before to be careful using the infinite settings - I've managed to trigger the autofire mode a few times by accident and dread to think what would happen if you're in wattage mode and didn't notice autofire was engaged

Hippie

It's like what Funkyjunky calls Cruise mode in his tubomyevic firmware

Once enabled the mod behaves as it would if you were pressing the fire button.
So it's great for session vaping or hands free thro water or whipping it

Funkyjunky has a timer on his that you can set as you like, whereas sur_myevic is limited up to 25 seconds maximum or the infinite setting mentioned earlier.

I don't think there are any other firmwares that have a cruise or autofire mode

Lozo

@Hippie, that's great thank you. Adjusted the Prot Value to 25 and now don't need to worry about getting to that cut off point, reset everything else to default. Thank you!

Would you recommend staying in W or changing to TC or TCR, if TC I presume SS. With TCR I have another value I can adjust between 90 / 100 and 110 though I do not know what these refer to.

Lozo,
Reactions: Hippie

Hippie

I think I was using TCR mode set at about 170, 45W max power, and temp set at around 185 degrees C with my Splinter before I picked up a DNA75c mod for it.

The TCR is the rate of change of resistance with temp so increasing the TCR will increase the temp of the coil but it may mean that increasing/decreasing the temp on-screen by a degree altho it will be consistent it might actually cause the coil temp to change more or less than a degree.
Increasing the set resistance will also increase the coil temp

With that in mind you should be able to find your own preferences as I've seen a lot of different TCR values posted for the Splinter - which I think is probably down to different mods needing slightly different settings.

Grifo

So the splinter I bought last week is gonna be different from the splinter being shipped on January? Wtf

buddingglasshead

So the splinter I bought last week is gonna be different from the splinter being shipped on January? Wtf

It's already gone through like three revisions. The one coming in January will be the mass produced one from China. Current ones should all be made by Ryan atm and as far as performance there is no difference.

buddingglasshead,
Reactions: TNT_error

Grifo

It's already gone through like three revisions. The one coming in January will be the mass produced one from China. Current ones should all be made by Ryan atm and as far as performance there is no difference.
Ohhhh okay im good with that. The ultra pure ceramic part threw me off and thought these were gonna be upgraded and even cheaper. I'm okay with upgrades just not a week after I've made my purchase lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom