Gear The Source by Extract Craft - a closed loop system for alcohol extractions

uncanni

I just stepped into the 10t dabpress with strong way and am in love. It depends on your material, but right now I am returning 30% on certain strains. Beautiful gold, 165* presses.

What kind of yields are you getting from start to finish (dabble material)?

Not sure if you're asking me, but I got a very good amount of dabbable sap--for weeks and weeks. I didn't weigh or measure before I made it. Not much help...

uncanni,

Deleted Member 1643

i am stucked between buying a rosin press, the source or a destill...

The beauty of QWET is that you don't need any special equipment to get a good result. Of course, special equipment can help, but you can get started cheaply and then decide if and how to upgrade. You don't even need a vacuum pump - a faucet aspirator works fine. (Personally, still use a faucet aspirator - even doing a QWET each week.)

QWET followed by purging takes time, but it's not laborious. The extraction is easy and takes only a few minutes. Purging the ethanol (at low temp) takes days, but it's little work - just break vacuum and flip every so often.

Still basically following SkunkPharm's protocol combined with @Monsoon's. Recently documented a QWET in @Monsoon's thread, adding a few tips picked up along the way.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Old thread, anyone here still using SOURCE TURBO?

Part of a post I left in edible thread, as I’m considering buying one of these:

I’m in my research phase, and was originally considering buying a Levo 2, to make infusions, but even though some use that machine with 190 proof alcohol, (manufacturer does not condone use with alcohol), you obviously still need the raw flower, and getting it potent enough like a true tincture seems a bit limited by the design of the device. I’m also not interested in using infusions for cooking, so.....

.... now considering buying the SOURCE TURBO, this for making CBD tinctures or gummies (some purge further for shatter). Hemp flower is very affordable and legal delivery to my door. This machine is mostly for the reclaim of the fairly expensive 190 proof alcohol. The machine is not cheap at $600, but looks a lot safer then more open alcohol methods, and as it’s under vacuum, the distillation times are greatly reduced, read about 3 hours for 1 cup. Buds are prepared with ice quick wash, so less plant material, and vacuum distillation temps are below 120f, so more terps retained.

That’s about all I’m interested in so far, one important upside for me is I don’t need to use an oven or another device to decarb. The CBD oil from the Source Turbo, can be decarbed after distillation, just like shatter, which might be even better in regards to preserving terps etc., from any inconsistent oven heat.”

Any feedback is welcome, thanks.

RustyOldNail,
Top Bottom