Gear The Source by Extract Craft - a closed loop system for alcohol extractions

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I've been thumbing through the last hundred posts, and hunting for pictures... nobody seems to be posting pics of their results. Can you please post a few pics of your finished dab-able material?

I am super curious as to what it looks like, THANKS!

FlyingLow,

Fightingteam

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
going back and forth whether to invest in this or a quality press.

Thank you for the link.
What are you all using for vacuum?

Is any other additional equipment required?

FlyingLow,
Reactions: zor

uncanni

going back and forth whether to invest in this or a quality press.

Thank you for the link.
What are you all using for vacuum?

Is any other additional equipment required?

Hi, Sorry to take so long to get back to you; I was away. The Source creates the vacuum when you screw the screw closed. It's a fantastic machine IF IF IF you want to make concentrates, juices, dabs, etc.

uncanni,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Yes, mostly interested in dabs.
What sort of returns are you all seeing with the source when creating dabables?

FlyingLow,

uncanni

Yes, mostly interested in dabs.
What sort of returns are you all seeing with the source when creating dabables?

I haven't made dabs yet because my bud was already decarbed, in which case you get an oil in the end rather than dabbable stuff. Using say half an oz or slightly less, the return of oil is small. I mix it with MCT oil to make vape pen juice and get a few mls of juice which actually lasts a good amount of time.

MileHighHuman

If I've got 100ML of dark amber ABV soaked ethanol. Around how much oil will this yield?

.1 ?

.5 ?

1.0 ?

Obviously the amount of THC in my ABV will depend on the exact amount, but the alcohol is dark amber color and has been fully filtered.

MileHighHuman,

Dubmonkey

Just did a run with a oz of trim/shake of random stuff. Used the nova to decarb then QWET in the freezer for an hour while checking on it every 10 mins or so. Pulled apart material from everclear based on a dark amber color. Ran it through a Burner (so) filter. Comes out golden colored. Then into the Source. Took about 2.5 hr to finish the run in the Source.

From the oz I got 1.6gr of dabbable or edible oil. Pretty good yield I think for trim/shake.

Dubmonkey,
Reactions: Joaon

uncanni

I love this machine, and I've learned how to make vapeable concentrate so easily!! I also use this machine to concentrate my tinctures, and it recycles the alcohol, which has saved me some $$$. Each bottle of Everclear 190 proof I don't have to buy anymore lowers the price I paid for the Source. I saved $100 on Ebay where I purchased from a licensed seller.

The sap I made was a beautiful clear golden brown; I left it curing in a cool dark place for a while, and then I decarbed it in my Nova decarber. Vapes beautifully.

uncanni,

PoopMachine

Ive had one for a couple of years. Love it. I extract in dry ice so I can do extended soaks.

Havent used it in a while. Hopefully soon.

PoopMachine,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

btka

I love this machine, and I've learned how to make vapeable concentrate so easily!! I also use this machine to concentrate my tinctures, and it recycles the alcohol, which has saved me some $$$. Each bottle of Everclear 190 proof I don't have to buy anymore lowers the price I paid for the Source. I saved $100 on Ebay where I purchased from a licensed seller.

The sap I made was a beautiful clear golden brown; I left it curing in a cool dark place for a while, and then I decarbed it in my Nova decarber. Vapes beautifully.
can you tell more about the process of making vapeable concentrates... can you use this concentrate with a cartridge... or how do you vape it (wax pen, e-nail...)

i am stucked between buying a rosin press, the source or a destill...

what would be the pros and cons of a rosin press and the source?

mephisto

Well, the pros of a rosin press is the lack of any solvent. The con is the price point to purchase a decent press.
The Source is going to use a solvent to extract the goodness from your herb, then you can recover most of your solvent and use the extract.
Depending upon methods, your solvent extract may tend to hold more of the waxes and fats that gunk up traditional extract atomizers. Rosin extraction is less labor intensive, but the end result also can tend to run "rough" in conventional wax pen set ups. Pressing rosin takes very little time from start to finish. Using solvent to extract is a more laborious task, but can yield fantastic product as well.
Hope I gave you some points to ponder.....by the way, I have an old school Isomerizer and a Rosin press. They both can make good things better.

uncanni

can you tell more about the process of making vapeable concentrates... can you use this concentrate with a cartridge... or how do you vape it (wax pen, e-nail...)
i am stucked between buying a rosin press, the source or a destill...
what would be the pros and cons of a rosin press and the source?

Hi btka: You can see my process here: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/268943-making-cannabis-sap-from-trim

I had to purchase a buchner filter and once I did that, I could produce a clear yellow tincture with no plant material whatsoever in it. If you leave the plant material in, you get RSO oil. If you remove all the plant matter, you'll get a clear tincture.

I also gave the plant matter a very quick wash, and kept it in the freezer. I agitated for a few minutes and then strained, then ran through the buchner funnel 4 times. The vacuum hose (used with a buchner funnel) was attached to the vacuum pump on my Source extractor. You'll see in the pics.

I personally think a rosin press will waste too much, and it isn't versatile. The Source is very versatile.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I just stepped into the 10t dabpress with strong way and am in love. It depends on your material, but right now I am returning 30% on certain strains. Beautiful gold, 165* presses.

What kind of yields are you getting from start to finish (dabble material)?

Top Bottom