The Screwball by Vapvana

EasyVape

I've been working with GOBs glass on making a new desktop rig prototype with a built in dry catch. I also requested two versions made, one with hole percs and one with slit percs to test the different styles side by side.
Wow, these look amazing. Love the reinforced perc and flame polished perc slits/holes. Do you think there is value in making a recycler version that pops the bubbles closer to the mouth piece?

General Disaster

A Country Member
Thanks for the feedback!

This was a design choice with the idea that it would be safer to have the coils away from the PID controllers where hands would touch them.

However you bring up something that I didn't consider regarding the ergonomics and visibility returning the heads. This is something I'd like to correct in another revision when I have more free time.

Update: Ok so I had an earlier triangle shape I wanted to do before going for the literal baseball diamond approach. Here is a rough pen on paper sketch of that, plus refinements made from General Disaster's critique.

Also, here's a receipt sketch of what I think a single coil unit '1st Base' might look like.

Nice, I especially like the single version (probably because I wouldn't want a double coil myself? ;o)).
I can see where you're coming from with the safety aspect (keeping stray fingers uncooked!) - if the coil(s) were a little near the display and controls, maybe a really lightweight skeletal 'fingerguard' that would be just protruding from the case enough to stop a finger sliding off a button and into a coil recess, such as if the whole unit shifted when trying to press a button? I mean something real small, maybe 3 cm high (from bottom to top of coil), and sticking out about 1 cm at most? Just a small simple vertical barrier running near the coil 'cut-out' of the case, between the coil and the controls. Hope that kinda makes sense? Just stops that finger sliding too far and touching that coil?
May even be nicer to build into the casing itself as a raised lip running up either side of the coil cut-outs, but nicely integrated with the case, less obtrusive?
But I tend to have ideas that I think are really neat, and everyone else scratches their heads over and wonder when I'll be collected up and locked away again, so tread carefully! 😏😁

Tried to put an image here, but failed miserably!

Nice, I especially like the single version (probably because I wouldn't want a double coil myself? ;o)).
I can see where you're coming from with the safety aspect (keeping stray fingers uncooked!) - if the coil(s) were a little near the display and controls, maybe a really lightweight skeletal 'fingerguard' that would be just protruding from the case enough to stop a finger sliding off a button and into a coil recess, such as if the whole unit shifted when trying to press a button? I mean something real small, maybe 3 cm high (from bottom to top of coil), and sticking out about 1 cm at most? Just a small simple vertical barrier running near the coil 'cut-out' of the case, between the coil and the controls. Hope that kinda makes sense? Just stops that finger sliding too far and touching that coil?
May even be nicer to build into the casing itself as a raised lip running up either side of the coil cut-outs, but nicely integrated with the case, less obtrusive?
But I tend to have ideas that I think are really neat, and everyone else scratches their heads over and wonder when I'll be collected up and locked away again, so tread carefully! 😏😁

Tried to put an image here, but failed miserably!
When I do sketch refinements on Procreate, I'll look into exploring the finger guard. Probably also going to find some material samples to add more realistic rendering of a steel body as well.

I got a Monday estimate on mine. My flower has since lost it's estimate as it was supposed to be delivered today but didnt even have arrival scans in my city. It still hasnt shown arrival scans so I'm worried about saturday delivery on my flower.

Might be blessed with both on monday which will be funny and still work out.

Vapvana

Manufacturer

Quick Presale Shipping Update​

All presale orders (US & international) have officially been sent out! :rockon:

IMG_0051.jpg

I still have to do QC and ship out two more wholesale orders tomorrow, along with some prizes and I'll be about 100% caught up on shipping :freak:

Extra Screwball Kits​

There are still some extra screwball kits, so if you're interested in one at the presale pricing - please send an email to hi@vapvana.com :tup:

New Quick Start Guide​

I completed a quick start guide that went into each order - let me know if you have any feedback to improve the instructions :rockon:
Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_2.20.03_PM.png

Behind The Scenes: Day In My Life​

For those that don't follow me on Instagram, I've started a 'day in the life' series.

Here's one featuring our shipping day recently:

Next Update​

I should hopefully be caught up on everything by Tuesday or Wednesday, and will be able to give a more proper update then.

Thanks again for everyones support! I'm looking forward to seeing more reviews trickling in over the next week or so :)

Talk soon,
Cal

ubardog

Quick Presale Shipping Update​

All presale orders (US & international) have officially been sent out! :rockon:

IMG_0051.jpg

I still have to do QC and ship out two more wholesale orders tomorrow, along with some prizes and I'll be about 100% caught up on shipping :freak:

Extra Screwball Kits​

There are still some extra screwball kits, so if you're interested in one at the presale pricing - please send an email to hi@vapvana.com :tup:

New Quick Start Guide​

I completed a quick start guide that went into each order - let me know if you have any feedback to improve the instructions :rockon:
Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_2.20.03_PM.png

Behind The Scenes: Day In My Life​

For those that don't follow me on Instagram, I've started a 'day in the life' series.

Here's one featuring our shipping day recently:

Next Update​

I should hopefully be caught up on everything by Tuesday or Wednesday, and will be able to give a more proper update then.

Thanks again for everyones support! I'm looking forward to seeing more reviews trickling in over the next week or so :)

Talk soon,
Cal
I have never hit my screwball on 500f. The hottest I have ever been and intent on going is 490 but that's too hot for most strains IMO. Maybe suggest a lower temp and advise raising temp to personal pref. Its basic knowledge to us vapologist but to a new vaper it might not be know to them . I always thought 420 was good advice to people start off with this device

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
So far I’m really enjoying it.
I only have a j hook right now but I’m waiting on a vgoodies orb and pass through tomorrow.
It’s real efficient and vapes effortlessly.
It’s hot and producing vapor quicker than I expected.
I’m still dialing in the temp for my draw.
The only problem is it holds four times as much as the tempest and I’m accustomed to just two bowls from it.
I’m hitting 4x what I typically do. 😂
Between a concert, errands, and a low tolerance I’ve only used it three time in the last twenty-four hours.
I’m looking forward to getting the most out of it.
I actually want to invest in a nice piece of glass now. I can’t wait to see what Cal has to offer.

Definitely happy with it and happy to be apart of the Vapvana ecosystem.

TedJones

Maybe suggest a lower temp and advise raising temp to personal pref.
I agree. 490 is my preference on the higher side. That’s from a cold start too. Think the initial burn off allows for a “super soak” if ya will. Remember my first heated run with the beast :nod:
Hey all. Got mine today :rockon:Done a full and half bowl so far so very early impression and I'm pleasantly IMPRESSED! Great looking unit and the extraction is phenomenal. My first go was almost a full bowl, coarse grind, and at 495. About 4 milky pulls with a weaker follow up and was floored ;) Very comparable to a QC-18 experience with how I use that. Came out a bit darker than my preference .. but none of it tasted bad!:
:uhoh:
For the half bow, I dropped the grind to medium, and the temp to 485. Now we're talkin:
The bowl has got stuck in this pass through each time, but the second time it released quicker during cooldown. Maybe the adapter just needs to adapt, lol.
Also, my coil slides just a bit on the heater. Should there be a bit of play on that?

Can't wait to dive deeper with this beauty and for others to do the same ✌️
Want me one of them new stickers .. awesome! Great job on everything Cal, particularly the detailed comms here:tup:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The only problem is it holds four times as much as the tempest and I’m accustomed to just two bowls from it.
I'm not sure how much the tempest holds, but I recommend the half bowl setting on the Vapvana bowl. I think it makes for a much more efficient roast and the flavor is better. The screwball tends to work well with a fully loaded chamber so I think the half bowl setting accomplishes this best. Have fun!

LordOfTheVapes

I have never hit my screwball on 500f. The hottest I have ever been and intent on going is 490 but that's too hot for most strains IMO. Maybe suggest a lower temp and advise raising temp to personal pref. Its basic knowledge to us vapologist but to a new vaper it might not be know to them . I always thought 420 was good advice to people start off with this device

Agree with this; I tried it at 500F and immediately lowered it down to 485F which worked great for me. I'm getting outstanding results. Fast, thorough extractions.

ApparentlyStoned

I'm not sure how much the tempest holds, but I recommend the half bowl setting on the Vapvana bowl. I think it makes for a much more efficient roast and the flavor or better. The screwball tends to work well with a fully loaded chamber so I think the half bowl setting accomplishes this best. Have fun!
I have the tempest and screwball both set to half bowl.
I still haven’t tried a full bowl yet.
I have been fully packing the half bowl. Flush with the top and tamped a little.

One bowl is good for me but I just want to keep hitting it so I’ve been hitting two bowls per session.

I’m getting real even results but sometimes there’s a hot ring with it being lighter in the center.
I think it has something to do with my draw or the j hook I’m using.
It isn’t with every bowl and I haven’t been pre-soaking.

It’s been fun figuring it out.

TedJones

@ApparentlyStoned think you’ll start really enjoying when the orb arrives. Curious what temp do you use with the hook? I haven’t tried yet with this. I’ve loaded a bit under the brim in half bowl at times.. trying for a one hit extraction. Works good as long as the entire screen is covered.

2pumpchump

I have the tempest and screwball both set to half bowl.
I still haven’t tried a full bowl yet.
I have been fully packing the half bowl. Flush with the top and tamped a little.

One bowl is good for me but I just want to keep hitting it so I’ve been hitting two bowls per session.

I’m getting real even results but sometimes there’s a hot ring with it being lighter in the center.
I think it has something to do with my draw or the j hook I’m using.
It isn’t with every bowl and I haven’t been pre-soaking.

It’s been fun figuring it out.
I have noticed when I'm doing more of a session type bowl if I get side tracked while the heater is still on the bowl and forgot to hit it as often can do that at lower temps .

ApparentlyStoned

I think so too.

I’ve been bouncing around.
I was doing 450-60. Multiple hits.
I tried it at 500 and really ripped it.
1-3 good hits.
It cooked it a little too much. Next one I’ll try a little lower.

The j hook has some beads but it still gets a little uncomfortable toward the end.

How is this thing running for long periods?
I’ve never owned a ball vape. 🤔

2pumpchump

I think so too.

I’ve been bouncing around.
I was doing 450-60. Multiple hits.
I tried it at 500 and really ripped it.
1-3 good hits.
It cooked it a little too much. Next one I’ll try a little lower.

The j hook has some beads but it still gets a little uncomfortable toward the end.

How is this thing running for long periods?
I’ve never owned a ball vape. 🤔
If you are using the Vapvana pid it should be on a 2 hr timer ...THIS can be changed all the way to no timer ! I believe the longest I have left mine on is about 72 hours ! If I know I'm going to be home all day it gets cut on in the morning and off when I go to bed .. the 72hr pired I left and forgot to cut it off .. so I do like the pid having the timer option ( just incase)

2pumpchump,
Reactions: Grass Yes

ApparentlyStoned

@TedJones
I just tried it at 490 with one sqp and one hit. It worked great. It fully extracted maybe a little too much.
I’ll try it again a little lower.

@2pumpchump
The first few times I let it preheat but I realized I can just set it on and rip.
Hitting it harder avoided the ring.

That’s awesome. I just had it running until it shut off and went outside periodically to get a hit or two.
I keep thinking the temp will continue to rise. It maintains it so well.
That’s good to know.

I’ll only really use it in the evenings or weekends. I don’t really vape in the house so it’s nice having it hot and ready outside.
I just switched to my mids so I can get more use out of it. 😆

One fat dab like one hit extraction is all I need for a little bit.
So many ways run it. Creativity and tolerance is the only limit. And not having any glass.

Last edited:
Top Bottom