The Screwball by Vapvana

Vapvana

Manufacturer

Happy November y'all!​

Hope everyone had a great October & Halloween.

Let's dive into some recent questions.
Are you considering designing accessories that can convert it to an all glass air path?
I think the next step is working on an all glass bowl, and possibly an all quartz version in the future.

My very first ball vape design / concept was for an all quartz version, because I was 100% convinced metal would impact the flavor (like in dabs).

IMG_5894.jpg

After testing the BZero along with our first Titanium injector version, I realized that temperature had a bigger impact on flavor than any other variable (IMO) and started working towards a Titanium diffuser design.

Also, I might have just written a bunch of rubbish, but in an Aussie subreddit on ball vapes, I posted about the presale of the Screwball and one of the guys asked me - "What does the Screwball have over the Taroma 360 or the B1?"
Really appreciate all the feedback!

Next website update will have a 'Community' section under the Resources tab to help direct people here (and bring more awareness to the OG spot for all vape knowledge :myday:)

For the differences of the Screwball vs the B1 / T360:​

• The SB uses a 25mm coil vs a 20mm coil
    • this increases the surface area by over 50%
    • IMG-7374.jpg

• The SB uses ~750 2.5mm ruby gems (round cut) compared to 3mm pearls
    • SB holds ~220 3mm pearls for volume comparisons
    • From my testing, the gems retain heat and perform better at lower temps than 3mm pearls
      • Recommended PID temps of 420f-520f (combustion is possible around 550f and above)
    • IMG-8329.jpg

• The SB bowl + housing creates (nearly) an airtight seal, which improves performance IMO
    • The bowl uses 20mm screens for easy replacement
    • The wide and shallow bowl makes stirring optional (not recommended)
    • The bowl screen can be placed for a full size bowl (~.3g - .4g of ground herbs) or a half sized bowl (~.1g - .2g ground herbs)
    • IMG_8730.jpg

You're gonna love it, I bet. I haven't really heat-soaked (more injector experience) but I wonder if you can turn down even more?
I personally didn't heat soak at all, or even consider it an option, until Troy & Jerry recommended it on their show.

It seems like a 5 to 10 second pre-soak can be beneficial - but that's the fun thing with the Screwball, there are multiple variables you can adjust to fine tune your experience.

I like to experiment with how much herb I load / tamp, the PID temp, the glass rig I use, and my inhale speed. Changing any of these variables will change your experience from my testing.

Thinking you could get some conduction going with some finer grind, a good tamp, and pre-soak as mentioned above. But yea.. a sprinkle to cover the screen with a bit added on top, some good heat, and a lot of airflow I’d what I’m looking forward to 🌬️💨
My latest experiment has been using the half sized bowl and filling it / tamping it as much as possible.

Because the half sized bowl is so shallow, you can 'overpack' it and not restrict the airflow. It seems like the more tamped 'puck' increases the vapor production at lower temps.

Exactly, its going to allow for that micodose to spread evenly over a large surface area for a very quick full extraction.
I don't think there is a better convection heavy system.

I guess when the Freight Train Pro (or flower or fusion) I couldn't ever get that... really physically relaxed state, it was always more excitable, energetic where as the Taroma 360 can bring out that deep relaxation and even a little sedation (which I find hard to achieve with any medication). with the bowl being so large I am hoping that with a presoaked bowl, the radiant heat will have a similar effect. I don't think it will work as well as the T360 for hard / old hash, but that's a edge case really.
I've found from my testing that the temp is the biggest factor for flavor and medicinal experiences.

Lower temps = more flavor, more energetic & upbeat high, etc
Higher temps = more stony, more relaxed and sedative high, etc

The SB was designed with the idea that you set your PID to your max desired temperature, put the heater on the bowl and inhale until vapor stops producing. My theory is if you set a 'max temp' that isn't too high - you will never experience the 'burnt popcorn' taste.

hey will the cap for the housing be different than the early adopter kit? I remember seeing a render for something different but was it ever used?
Right now the updated cap is only a render / concept, and still needs a prototype made to be tested.

Screen_Shot_2023-08-20_at_5.28.41_PM.png

The idea is by putting the airflow holes on the sides, it will help retain heat better, and keep dust out of the heater.

My goal is to work towards offering accessories separately, a deluxe kit, glass options, etc come Q1 next year.
Cheers for the update Cal. I hope the new bowl holds the gauze better a lip, any improvement really. My only complaint is the gauze comes out too easily and think you should get more with it or sell them in 50s or something.

I assume my dyna tip and stem will be included. How much is the postage to UK?

I would certainly agree that Cal getting back to you is a rarity unless I'm different to everyone else.

Mods can you merge please. First time on in a while.
I'm hoping to improve the mesh screens along with other accessories in the near future. The bowl is designed to work with 20mm screens (a common size) and I've been using generic ones I've gotten from Amazon.

Your dynatip & stem will be shipped out with the updated bowl. Even though I said Early Adopters were responsible for shipping, I will be covering all costs.

If I still owe you a prize from the contest I'm working towards getting caught up before the next round of Starter Kits arrive. So if you've been waiting, thanks for your patience :rockon:

My Contact Info​

I know my communication has been subpar, and I've been pretty much non-responsive to the DMs here for the past couple of months. I'm working towards getting caught up by the New Year, and apologize if I haven't gotten back to you yet.

Being available to communities and community members is important to me, so thanks for everyones' patience as I get this business setup.

If you need to contact me the best way would be via email.

I'm also happy to connect on a video call if you'd like to schedule a time with me

Closing Thoughts​

Thanks again to everyone for the early support, questions, comments, etc.

The allotted presale units are almost sold out - with 3 US kits and 6 INT kits remaining on the site now.

I've also sent out invoices to anyone who filled out the Presale Form for FC members. It's the same price whether you order through the website or submit the form.

If the presale is sold out on our site then you can fill out the form by clicking here.

I'm in the process of finalizing details for the Starter Kits, and will make a post when I have an updated timeline.

Cheers,
Cal

Raskolnikov

Happy November y'all!​

Hope everyone had a great October & Halloween.

Let's dive into some recent questions.

I think the next step is working on an all glass bowl, and possibly an all quartz version in the future.

My very first ball vape design / concept was for an all quartz version, because I was 100% convinced metal would impact the flavor (like in dabs).

IMG_5894.jpg

After testing the BZero along with our first Titanium injector version, I realized that temperature had a bigger impact on flavor than any other variable (IMO) and started working towards a Titanium diffuser design.

Next website update will have a 'Community' section under the Resources tab to help direct people here (and bring more awareness to the OG spot for all vape knowledge :myday:)

For the differences of the Screwball vs the B1 / T360:​

• The SB uses a 25mm coil vs a 20mm coil
    • this increases the surface area by over 50%
    • IMG-7374.jpg
  • The SB uses ~750 2.5mm ruby gems (round cut) compared to 3mm pearls
    • SB holds ~220 3mm pearls for volume comparisons
    • From my testing, the gems retain heat and perform better at lower temps than 3mm pearls
      • Recommended PID temps of 420f-520f (combustion is possible around 550f and above)
    • IMG-8329.jpg
  • The SB bowl + housing creates (nearly) an airtight seal, which improves performance IMO
    • The bowl uses 20mm screens for easy replacement
    • The wide and shallow bowl makes stirring optional (not recommended)
    • The bowl screen can be placed for a full size bowl (~.3g - .4g of ground herbs) or a half sized bowl (~.1g - .2g ground herbs)
    • IMG_8730.jpg

I personally didn't heat soak at all, or even consider it an option, until Troy & Jerry recommended it on their show.

It seems like a 5 to 10 second pre-soak can be beneficial - but that's the fun thing with the Screwball, there are multiple variables you can adjust to fine tune your experience.

I like to experiment with how much herb I load / tamp, the PID temp, the glass rig I use, and my inhale speed. Changing any of these variables will change your experience from my testing.

My latest experiment has been using the half sized bowl and filling it / tamping it as much as possible.

Because the half sized bowl is so shallow, you can 'overpack' it and not restrict the airflow. It seems like the more tamped 'puck' increases the vapor production at lower temps.

I've found from my testing that the temp is the biggest factor for flavor and medicinal experiences.

Lower temps = more flavor, more energetic & upbeat high, etc
Higher temps = more stony, more relaxed and sedative high, etc

The SB was designed with the idea that you set your PID to your max desired temperature, put the heater on the bowl and inhale until vapor stops producing. My theory is if you set a 'max temp' that isn't too high - you will never experience the 'burnt popcorn' taste.

Right now the updated cap is only a render / concept, and still needs a prototype made to be tested.

Screen_Shot_2023-08-20_at_5.28.41_PM.png

The idea is by putting the airflow holes on the sides, it will help retain heat better, and keep dust out of the heater.

My goal is to work towards offering accessories separately, a deluxe kit, glass options, etc come Q1 next year.

I'm hoping to improve the mesh screens along with other accessories in the near future. The bowl is designed to work with 20mm screens (a common size) and I've been using generic ones I've gotten from Amazon.

Your dynatip & stem will be shipped out with the updated bowl. Even though I said Early Adopters were responsible for shipping, I will be covering all costs.

If I still owe you a prize from the contest I'm working towards getting caught up before the next round of Starter Kits arrive. So if you've been waiting, thanks for your patience :rockon:

My Contact Info​

I know my communication has been subpar, and I've been pretty much non-responsive to the DMs here for the past couple of months. I'm working towards getting caught up by the New Year, and apologize if I haven't gotten back to you yet.

Being available to communities and community members is important to me, so thanks for everyones' patience as I get this business setup.

If you need to contact me the best way would be via email.

I'm also happy to connect on a video call if you'd like to schedule a time with me

Closing Thoughts​

Thanks again to everyone for the early support, questions, comments, etc.

The allotted presale units are almost sold out - with 3 US kits and 6 INT kits remaining on the site now.

I've also sent out invoices to anyone who filled out the Presale Form for FC members. It's the same price whether you order through the website or submit the form.

If the presale is sold out on our site then you can fill out the form by clicking here.

I'm in the process of finalizing details for the Starter Kits, and will make a post when I have an updated timeline.

Cheers,
Cal
Cheers for the update Cal
The prize is no problem pal, I know you are a busy guy and I know you will send with updates. We are all good.
When you bringing out a dabbing device?
Just to let you know again, I absolutely love my screwball and have never been more stoned off of flower. So happy I got the early adopters as its now an essential part of my life. I've even had it camping with a generator lol.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
The prize is no problem pal, I know you are a busy guy and I know you will send with updates. We are all good.
Just to let you know again, I absolutely love my screwball and have never been more stoned off of flower. So happy I got the early adopters as its now an essential part of my life. I've even had it camping with a generator lol.
they did a starter kit for the EZ nail a while ago (here)

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I'm going to link the Reddit post to your post, cheers.

Last edited:

2pumpchump

If people are having a hard time getting ahold of Cal and they have simple questions, I’d recommend following Vapvana on Instagram. I’ve only been following for a week or so, but I’ve seen him do 3 or 4 live Q&A sessions and he answers people’s questions in the comments.

Just a random thought. Hopefully it’s useful for somebody.
For those who wonder.... this is also my main way for input given .. from Cal to you ladies and gentlemen.. I do rarely get a DM regarding different things but do get some.
I just act as a Relay to bring that information to
The FC cuminity!!!!

Gomaruana

Just ordered mine, can't wait!
Does anybody know the screen sizes used for the bowl?
20mm for the bottom one and 21mm for the mid sized bowl?

Gomaruana,

2pumpchump

Just ordered mine, can't wait!
Does anybody know the screen sizes used for the bowl?
20mm for the bottom one and 21mm for the mid sized bowl?
I believe it's the same 20mm. Although iv been trying different ones from local shops a 13/16inch aka 21 can be the better fit depending on brand .....

So with less than ten days till lift off .can I please start video bomb you guys lol 😂 ...but seriously if any one has any questions I can answer that way as the paper is rubbish and you guys need to see it lol

2pumpchump,

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I believe it's the same 20mm. Although iv been trying different ones from local shops a 13/16inch aka 21 can be the better fit depending on brand .....

So with less than ten days till lift off .can I please start video bomb you guys lol 😂 ...but seriously if any one has any questions I can answer that way as the paper is rubbish and you guys need to see it lol
How does it compare as you go through the temp range?

2pumpchump

How does it compare as you go through the temp range?
As I noticed you showed interest in it as the session device ..not just it as a power house I will shoot a session video starting at 400F and working my way up till we have our desire rost ... for you ..or would you like me to start lower

80Sixed

Tried to complete my invoice and it was pulled from my cart🥺 also have still yet to receive my prize. Suppose I can cop the Thermal Twist and eventually hopefully cop this one once production is ironed out

80Sixed,

2pumpchump

Tried to complete my invoice and it was pulled from my cart🥺 also have still yet to receive my prize. Suppose I can cop the Thermal Twist and eventually hopefully cop this one once production is ironed out
I saw all us kits was sold out and international was low.. With the grand opening less than 9 days away till grand opening I will ride it out ..

That's just me ..

@Zuhdj as I was shooting 1 video last night this made me realize I forgot to ask if you wanted I8 more convection or conduction shesh .. ???????

This vape is a powerful tool in my vape life ...
It has the potential to slam large bowls in a flash..as is has been said this thing will go through more grass than a billygoat that was put on a diet 😂.
It all has the same ability to do be a slow hitting sesh device as well

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I saw all us kits was sold out and international was low.. With the grand opening less than 9 days away till grand opening I will ride it out ..

That's just me ..

@Zuhdj as I was shooting 1 video last night this made me realize I forgot to ask if you wanted I8 more convection or conduction shesh .. ???????

It has the potential to slam large bowls in a flash..as is has been said this thing will go through more grass than a billygoat that was put on a diet 😂.
It all has the same ability to do be a slow hitting sesh device as well
Conduction is nice. I love the mighty and the b-2 signature compared to my z8

Zuhdj,

Raskolnikov

What did you win 80? Cal said my prize would come with the revisions to my early adopters kit. Maybe he is sending your prize then too.
Did anyone manage to get the dabbing device? I was in hospital when it was announced so missed it.

Raskolnikov,

Vapvana

Manufacturer
As someone who has used the SB out in nature too, I'm glad other people seem to be enjoying the device as much as I do :love::rockon:

Dabbing Device Update​

I decided to move in another direction with the coil prototype, and ended up refunding the pre-orders that came through.

After testing for 6+ months, I realized the metal wire for the coil wasn't the best solution for the problem I'm trying to solve.... However, I have new prototype designs mocked up that I will start working towards after the SB starter kits get going.

They'd both be 20mm. Same screen, 2 options
This is correct.

I've been preferring the half sized option at the moment, and will make a video demo soon. I think the next step is refining the type of mesh screens that go inside the bowl (Does Ti vs SS make a difference? Wire Gauge? etc)

I apologize that happened! I'm still learning how Shopify's inventory system works.

I updated your invoice and the other orders that came through the presale form. Please let me know if you have any other issues

Starter Kit Presale Update​

If you still want a kit (110V or 220V) you can fill out this form and I will honor the presale pricing (for FC members) until the kits officially land.

With the grand opening less than 9 days away till grand opening I will ride it out ..
Glad you've been enjoying your device!

Grand Opening Update​

The 'grand opening' will most likely happen Q1 of 2024. The countdown on the website is for the opening day giveaway, and will most likely be updated as well.

The reason I've phrased it as a 'grand opening' is because I'm in the process of building the foundation of this business, and the pricing / discounts reflects the uncertainty that comes along with supporting a startup.

I've officially funded the first order of starter kits, and it wouldn't have been possible without the support of this community.

What did you win 80? Cal said my prize would come with the revisions to my early adopters kit. Maybe he is sending your prize then too.
Did anyone manage to get the dabbing device? I was in hospital when it was announced so missed it.
I'm pretty sure 90%+ of all non screwball prizes have to still be sent out. :doh:

It was important to me to make a good first impression presenting this project to FC... and I'll admit it led me to over promise and under deliver in certain areas (communication, prizes being sent, etc).

All prizes will be sent out this month... And I want to get caught up on all early adopter and presale orders before listing kits on the site again.

(Thanks to everyone who has been patience and understanding as I work through some early stage bumps in the road :bowdown:)

SB Deluxe Kit + Individual Accessories Update​

After the SB starter kit gets going, I plan to offer individual accessories and work towards a Deluxe Kit offering too.

Here's some things I had in mind so far:
  • Screwball Heater​

• Would come assembled with housing, gems, coil, and coil handle
    • Available in two materials - Titanium and SS (cheaper option)
  • SB Bowl​

• Available in three materials - Titanium, SS (cheaper option), and glass* (cheapest option)
      • Glass option still needs to be prototyped
    • Offer the metal versions with multiple joint sizes
      • 18mm and 14mm options
  • SB Stand​

• Work towards a deluxe version of a stand
      • prototypes / ideas still needed
  • SB Carrying Case

• Ideally the case would have a heat resistant lining for the SB to cool down in after use.
      • One problem when traveling is how long it takes the SB to cooldown (~20-30 mins)
  • Side Airflow Lid

• As seen in the images posted before. Prototype still needs to be made.
  • Glass Rig & Accessories​

• I'd like to offer both imported and local options for glass rigs and accessories
      • Please let me know if there are any requests for certain types of rigs, accessories, etc
    • I will make a new thread soon when I have more info prepared.
  • Portable Battery Powered PID​

• Our manufacturer has been working on a battery powered PID that powers 36v coils
    • Updated coils will be available for the SB
  • Tetherless Coils​

• My idea for a tetherless SB system is to keep the coil on the housing, rather than lift the housing out of the coil.
    • This wasn't possible with the 110v coils, but will be tested with the 36v coil system.
      • More info will be shared when available

Closing Thoughts

Thanks again to everyone who has supported me and this project so far! :rockon:

Although some things haven't gone 100% as planned, I promise I am learning from my mistakes each time and working towards a better future for all of us.

One of the most challenging parts of this journey has been overcoming my 'imposter syndrome' :mental:

After spending years researching FC for my own purchases, it feels like I already know a lot of members here. I have a ton of respect for everyones opinions, and wanted to come prepared to answer the tough questions I knew were coming.

It still blows my mind I have the opportunity to serve this community, and am grateful for the early support I've received so far. I am confident our community is at the tip of the iceberg still, and I'm excited to see where we can take things moving forward, together

Cheers,
Cal

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
The 'grand opening' will most likely happen Q1 of 2024. The countdown on the website is for the opening day giveaway, and will most likely be updated as well.

The reason I've phrased it as a 'grand opening' is because I'm in the process of building the foundation of this business, and the pricing / discounts reflects the uncertainty that comes along with supporting a startup.

I've officially funded the first order of starter kits, and it wouldn't have been possible without the support of this community.
So just to confirm, the presale kits that have been purchased, they wont be sent out until 2024? and the opening day prize concept that has been on the homepage is being extended as well?

Just trying to understand what I committed to when buying the presale

Last edited:
VapingYogi,
Reactions: 80Sixed

Vapvana

Manufacturer
So just to confirm, the presale kits that have been purchased, they wont be sent out until 2024? and the opening day prize concept that has been on the homepage is being extended as well?
The presale kits are still on track to be shipped out between the 13th and 30th of this month.

After I receive the tracking info I will make an update on the shipping timeline.

Once all the preorders, early adopter bowls, and contest prizes have been sent out then I will list the remaining starter kits on the site.

There is a form on our site for an ‘opening day giveaway’ - the winner of this will (most likely) be selected Q1 of next year.

Hope that helps clarify my estimated timeline for things. Let me know if there’s any other questions.

Thanks,
Cal

Vapvana,
Reactions: Bababouy

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
The presale kits are still on track to be shipped out between the 13th and 30th of this month.

After I receive the tracking info I will make an update on the shipping timeline.

Once all the preorders, early adopter bowls, and contest prizes have been sent out then I will list the remaining starter kits on the site.

There is a form on our site for an ‘opening day giveaway’ - the winner of this will (most likely) be selected Q1 of next year.

Hope that helps clarify my estimated timeline for things. Let me know if there’s any other questions.

Thanks,
Cal
Thanks, cleared up my concerns

VapingYogi,

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
As someone who has used the SB out in nature too, I'm glad other people seem to be enjoying the device as much as I do :love::rockon:

Dabbing Device Update​

I decided to move in another direction with the coil prototype, and ended up refunding the pre-orders that came through.

After testing for 6+ months, I realized the metal wire for the coil wasn't the best solution for the problem I'm trying to solve.... However, I have new prototype designs mocked up that I will start working towards after the SB starter kits get going.

This is correct.

I've been preferring the half sized option at the moment, and will make a video demo soon. I think the next step is refining the type of mesh screens that go inside the bowl (Does Ti vs SS make a difference? Wire Gauge? etc)

I apologize that happened! I'm still learning how Shopify's inventory system works.

I updated your invoice and the other orders that came through the presale form. Please let me know if you have any other issues

Starter Kit Presale Update​

If you still want a kit (110V or 220V) you can fill out this form and I will honor the presale pricing (for FC members) until the kits officially land.

Glad you've been enjoying your device!

Grand Opening Update​

I'm pretty sure 90%+ of all non screwball prizes have to still be sent out. :doh:

It was important to me to make a good first impression presenting this project to FC... and I'll admit it led me to over promise and under deliver in certain areas (communication, prizes being sent, etc).

All prizes will be sent out this month... And I want to get caught up on all early adopter and presale orders before listing kits on the site again.

(Thanks to everyone who has been patience and understanding as I work through some early stage bumps in the road :bowdown:)

SB Deluxe Kit + Individual Accessories Update​

After the SB starter kit gets going, I plan to offer individual accessories and work towards a Deluxe Kit offering too.

Here's some things I had in mind so far:
  • Screwball Heater​

• Would come assembled with housing, gems, coil, and coil handle
    • Available in two materials - Titanium and SS (cheaper option)
  • SB Bowl​

• Available in three materials - Titanium, SS (cheaper option), and glass* (cheapest option)
      • Glass option still needs to be prototyped
    • Offer the metal versions with multiple joint sizes
      • 18mm and 14mm options
  • SB Stand​

• Work towards a deluxe version of a stand
      • prototypes / ideas still needed
  • SB Carrying Case

• Ideally the case would have a heat resistant lining for the SB to cool down in after use.
      • One problem when traveling is how long it takes the SB to cooldown (~20-30 mins)
  • Side Airflow Lid

• As seen in the images posted before. Prototype still needs to be made.
  • Glass Rig & Accessories​

• I'd like to offer both imported and local options for glass rigs and accessories
      • Please let me know if there are any requests for certain types of rigs, accessories, etc
    • I will make a new thread soon when I have more info prepared.
  • Portable Battery Powered PID​

• Our manufacturer has been working on a battery powered PID that powers 36v coils
    • Updated coils will be available for the SB
  • Tetherless Coils​

• My idea for a tetherless SB system is to keep the coil on the housing, rather than lift the housing out of the coil.
    • This wasn't possible with the 110v coils, but will be tested with the 36v coil system.

Closing Thoughts

Thanks again to everyone who has supported me and this project so far! :rockon:

Although some things haven't gone 100% as planned, I promise I am learning from my mistakes each time and working towards a better future for all of us.

One of the most challenging parts of this journey has been overcoming my 'imposter syndrome' :mental:

After spending years researching FC for my own purchases, it feels like I already know a lot of members here. I have a ton of respect for everyones opinions, and wanted to come prepared to answer the tough questions I knew were coming.

It still blows my mind I have the opportunity to serve this community, and am grateful for the early support I've received so far. I am confident our community is at the tip of the iceberg still, and I'm excited to see where we can take things moving forward, together

Cheers,
Cal
Finger crossed for the 13th :)

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer

Tetherless Coils​

Nice! :tup: We've just designed these in 16 and 20mm. :nod: Might have seen it on the SX video, works kick ass!:rockon:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
A cordless vapes that still keeps the coil?
I read your post and I couldn't help but wonder... Maybe it has some sort of stand that the assembly clicks into that connects it to the power supply and that kicks in the normal PID functions to bring it up to the desired heat. Randomly if that was the case I'd almost want the ability to have the bowl and the assembly both sit in some sort of holder that allows you to presoak the bowl at the same time as heat up the assembly to the desired temp, both the bowl and the assembly preheated would be cool as a tether-less option.

Will be interested to see what Cal has in mind as my imagination an't that good

Top Bottom