The Screwball by Vapvana

2pumpchump

Any of the prize draw winners receive their prize yet? My Dyna is coming with my screwball.
Yes i have received my grand prize. Lovingthescrewball
20230730-223948.jpg
I am coming up about the same 50 % difference on the pid vs gems as cal said. This is my first desktop so some learning curve but easy for the most part other than my chest congestion can't wait till I can really rip this baby lol
20230731-034915.jpg

20230731-035001.jpg

20230731-035103.jpg

20230731-035212.jpg

Also cal said something about using a 13/16 -------21 mm screen and not pushing it all the way down I find using dome screen upside down as a spacer works really well for micro doses

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

Yes i have received my grand prize. Lovingthescrewball
20230730-223948.jpg
I am coming up about the same 50 % difference on the pid vs gems as cal said. This is my first desktop so some learning curve but easy for the most part other than my chest congestion can't wait till I can really rip this baby lol
Love it Necra, Just waiting on my screwball getting across the Atlantic.
Anyone have the bong. I seen a similar one in the cheap bubbler thread.

2pumpchump

I got one of the bong’s but USPS decided I need to wait longer and beat the hell out of the box/glass. Sadly she didn’t make it and I gotta say she looked beautiful even in pieces. Spoke with Cal and he is going to get another one headed this way with the next parts drop/order. I suggested we try UPS since USPS has always been a crap shoot for me with Glass.

Got to enjoy a nice long outdoor session with the screwball last night after doing yard work. I’m finding I like it around 460 with just flower and that I like the results better around 480-500 for twaxing. I really love the flavor I get out of this device but I wish there was an easier way to easily place a screen about halfway up the bowl to microdose.
My package was in real bad shape I thought it might was my po driver mad because my dog?
Love it Necra, Just waiting on my screwball getting across the Atlantic.
Anyone have the bong. I seen a similar one in the cheap bubbler thread.
Nice can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Raskolnikov

The screwball package has now arrived just need to go pick it up once I am home and then it's off to the moon.

Had a wee look on YouTube last night and a few videos of the screwball in action are up. Holy feck it doesn't half produce some clouds.

Thank you Cal, excellent job getting it here in 6 days including the weekend. Love my little baseball puck with my number on it. I have number 31.

Vapvana have been excellent to deal with and I have loads of people dying to see it in action as most I have shown it to want one.

Again, thank you Cal. Highly recommend to deal with and I'm sure the screwball will be a homer.

Raskolnikov

Got my tracking for the Early Adopters package that I won from the comp. I am in the UK so I expected it to be a while . All good things come to those who wait , and all that :tup:
Are you using an adapter for the EU plug? Or have you acquired a uk power cable.

Last edited:
Raskolnikov,

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
My Screwball arrived in best shape here in Germany the day before yesterday.

First of all Vapvana did a great job putting a lower price on the invoice on the parcel and saved me lots of VAT and customs. Thanks!

Had only time to vape a few bowls between work and sleep, but up to now I’m really impressed.

Some pros and a few cons after my first two days with the Screwball:

pros:
- loving the huge bowl, literally a great format
- can’t say the exact heat up time, but it’s usable after only a few minutes. Thought it would take longer with this huge heater
- perfect airflow (for me)
- absolute fantastic extraction
- taste is good to very good, have to test some other setups and materials

con(s):
- the handle of the coil looks and feels quite cheap

The PID controller seems to be a bit of lower quality compared to my Auber, but this is only a personal subjective feeling.

Raskolnikov

My Screwball arrived in best shape here in Germany the day before yesterday.

First of all Vapvana did a great job putting a lower price on the invoice on the parcel and saved me lots of VAT and customs. Thanks!

Had only time to vape a few bowls between work and sleep, but up to now I’m really impressed.

Some pros and a few cons after my first two days with the Screwball:

pros:
- loving the huge bowl, literally a great format
- can’t say the exact heat up time, but it’s usable after only a few minutes. Thought it would take longer with this huge heater
- perfect airflow (for me)
- absolute fantastic extraction
- taste is good to very good, have to test some other setups and materials

con(s):
- the handle of the coil looks and feels quite cheap

The PID controller seems to be a bit of lower quality compared to my Auber, but this is only a personal subjective feeling.
Thank you Alex, you basically just wrote my review for me lol.

Good job Cal on the customs price of 50$
Taste is excellent for me but this is my first ball vape so nothing to compare to. The bowl is perfect size for me and the machining is done well imo. Extraction is very good and like you say heats relatively quickly. The pid I don't care about as long as it works. They are also very easy to get replacements in the UK of the same kind. If I remember correctly the wiring is different on the ones at RVS but I imagine they will start stocking a Screwball compatible pid as they are going to be a UK retailer of the Screwball. Easy enough to change the wiring anyway. Wish it was the same wiring as RVS do an enail kit using the same pid.

The coil handle is my only gripe so far but I understand that it keeps the price down. I've been checking out custom UK wood workers so going to get a full set made for bowl and coil. Not sure what to go for but either cocobolo or ebony I think.

Very happy with my purchase, it was love at first hit and can't wait to see the next creation from Vapvana. Hopefully a unit for dabbing.

I hope there is going to be some different items in stock for the grand opening as I would I get 33% off as an early adopter but have the unit already. If it's allowed I would probably just gift the code to someone on here. Have been showing it off in my green groups on TG and Cal has a few customers waiting for the retail release. Loads are gutted they missed the early adopters unit.

Most importantly it gets you extremely baked.

I would definitely recommend this product and Vapvana. Cal is a chill dude to do business with.

2pumpchump

E mail him Zow. I've had quicker responses from e mail.

Has everyone received their prize from the naming comp? I'm beginning to think some thieving postal worker has my Dyna tip and stem. They were sent separately and the Screwball only took 7 days.
Good? I will check to verify who but the winner of the WP was waiting on a replacement ? My box looked ruf but Cal packed it so well everything was OK ........
As far as a review?
Well I have nothing to compare it to trying to ask got me no wear because as of now they is nothing!
So with keeping in mind this is the $300us+_ BASE kit the cheap Handel ... witch I do hear is getting tighten up a bit ... OK so let's talk pid not top of the line but seems to be with in 50% f as stated ..... no I'm not checking at coil or the number my pid says ... from my room temperature of 96% it took around 11 minutes to reach 400% on the pid 360 by the time stamp on the video from cold start ... and unless I'm missing the part on FC wear this pid is unreliable!??? I'm sure if people want the deluxe kit @Vapvana will gladly work with you ....
But at 300 bones this Screwball got knocked out the park 🏞 i

coolbreeze

But at 300 bones this Screwball got knocked out the park
It's a fantastic deal.
I just realized last night that the screwball is the only vape I have not complained about the airflow .and the fact of packaging a bowl to tight as well
I tested it on a couple recyclers and it does really well among baller heads.

Zow237

I just realized last night that the screwball is the only vape I have not complained about the airflow .and the fact of packaging a bowl to tight as well
This is great to hear. I am so sensitive to the draw restriction. Any bit of restriction will destroy my neck muscles for whatever reason. I cant wait to snag one

2pumpchump

I
I have to no reply! But in no rush
I have to talk with cal @Vapvana on a few things I will ask him about it as well . I do know last time I talked with him and asked about retail times he said not all contests prizes have been sent out .and wanted all that taken care of first I know he has been extremely busy trying to get everything lined up for a flawless grand opening

Raskolnikov

I'm falling more and more in love with the screwball every hit.
The taste is amazing. The difference in the taste of different strains is quite remarkable. I don't have another ball vape but it's certainly way better than TM2 for clouds and flavour.

I've been using an old 18mm bubbler I borrowed from a friend atm. All my glass is 14 and I have no reducers. The globe and cage I wanted are out of stock, or the cage is anyway. Maybe a good thing in the end up.

Can I ask my more learned friends, are there styles of bubbler which are better for diffusion type ball vapes? Or is it all just personal preference.

Could not be happier with my purchase. Price I got the Screwballfor was a steal and free shipping because of shipping dyna tip and stem made it all the better. Dyna still hasn't arrived and I was really looking forward to trying it.

Edit.
Had a go of some top shelf hash in with the degummed cotton and it worked very well. Kept bowl clean. Beautiful taste.

Pcloudy

I'm falling more and more in love with the screwball every hit.
The taste is amazing. The difference in the taste of different strains is quite remarkable. I don't have another ball vape but it's certainly way better than TM2 for clouds and flavour.

I've been using an old 18mm bubbler I borrowed from a friend atm. All my glass is 14 and I have no reducers. The globe and cage I wanted are out of stock, or the cage is anyway. Maybe a good thing in the end up.

Can I ask my more learned friends, are there styles of bubbler which are better for diffusion type ball vapes? Or is it all just personal preference.

Could not be happier with my purchase. Price I got the Screwballfor was a steal and free shipping because of shipping dyna tip and stem made it all the better. Dyna still hasn't arrived and I was really looking forward to trying it.

Edit.
Had a go of some top shelf hash in with the degummed cotton and it worked very well. Kept bowl clean. Beautiful taste.
Check out saml’s new eBay store. Running a 5 dollar off coupon and shipping took two weeks for me here in Virginia. There is a thread under the glass section with recommendations. I ordered one of the older models and it is very high quality. I’ll definitely be ordering another piece or two.

Top Bottom