The Screwball by Vapvana

2pumpchump

@Vapvana does the Screwball work with shovelhead and other 22mm diffuser bowls? Just came into my mind and wanted to ask before I forget. Apologies if it’s been covered somewhere and I missed it.
If not this might be a slight change for retail kits as he told me he wanted this thing to be universal as possible .. and may also fix some of the glitches of it all in this same wack. 🫰

2pumpchump,
Reactions: Vapvana

Vapvana

Manufacturer
Ordered – really curious about this one and appreciate all the information and discussion before release.
Can't wait to try it out 😎
Thanks for your support! :rockon:

And welcome to the....

image_6487327_1.jpg

:evil:
Maybe offer a cable harness to correct the pinout for more universal compatibility

Looks like a neat screwballvape
This has been brought up to me on Instagram too.

One of the goals with the early adopters round is to focus on accessories.

80-90% of the focus went into making the best performing vape for low temp 'flower dabs'

Now I have faith in this community to help make the screwball a homerun :goon: (if you can't beat the puns, might as well join @coolbreeze here for the double play :freak:)
Got a message from the man himself this morning and he is holding a screwball for me till I get home on Monday.

All aboard the screwball train. Now Im off to look for something special now for my first bowl.
:rockon::tup::D
What Rigs are we thinking will be best to pair with the screwball . I have a Matrix sidekart . Good and stable with low center of gravity but the hot coils will be too close to my face when placed on top with a pass-through adapter. I dislike using whips. What every one suggestions . Thanks
On the topic of glass rigs and accessories.

Here is the current list of artists & makers confirmed for the early adopters round.
NameProduct TypeInstagram Link
Dohn Joe GlassGlass Rigs & Accessorieshttps://www.instagram.com/dohnjoeglass/
Gobs GlassGlass Rigs & Accessorieshttps://www.instagram.com/gobsglass/
Oblivion GlassGlass Accessorieshttps://www.instagram.comoblivionglass
Solid State ConceptsGlass Accessorieshttps://www.instagram.com/solidstateconcepts/
Tiny StemsWooden Accessorieshttps://www.instagram.com/tiny.stems/
The Club PipeWooden Accessorieshttps://www.instagram.com/theclubpipe/
Vapor SolutionsButane Vapes & Accessorieshttps://www.instagram.com/vapor.solutions/

Plus there might be some more collabs in the works... :science:

The goal is to have a bunch of local and imported glass & accessory options for 'Opening Day' :rockon:
I do wonder, yes. Especially in light of this, my favorite part of this whole exercise:

Talk about throwing us a screwball!

Also, there should be an "Opening Day" special version filled with (baseball) diamonds.
I'm glad someone picked up on this :lol:

I might have mentioned it in the livestream on Instagram - but I also found it ironic / meta how I chose the name after making the update post about not using the word 'ball' :mental:

(I'm just glad I forgot to mention that in the beginning... or @Necra may have kept the name hidden all along :brow:)

If there is something to take out of this - I hope you realize I am open minded and welcome everyones suggestions, ideas, criticisms, etc

The V in the logo represents all of the community members, makers, shakers, bakers, etc coming together to build the future and grow together :rockon:
27957.jpg

No worries I will tell everyone this evening . As I'm not grate with words and holding a solid thought so I have to edit out the ow bird .what was I saying lol

OK so how I came up with name is simple and complicated at the same time .. first read notes of what the company was looking for in a name !! Of course everyone wants a catchy name..
Something that easy to remember .OK I'm with hate trying to remember the name of a vape I was checking out when I go to tell a friend about it .. easy to spell Definitely me my spellchecker needs a spellchecker lol ... wanted the name to not have to do with the company name OK easy don't use vape lol or vona . So looking into Vapvana and seeing their goals and what they were about wanted to still sneak that in ...
Looked at the names people was given out though to myself is nobody actually going to take this for real . So I dropped my first name... OK now we are getting somwear as people started feeding from it with way better names . So still trying saw in a video it looked like the heater screw lock on to the bowl.. and we'll it's kinda a ball vape .
So I thought screwball... decided not to put it down that day as names was getting better ..looked later even more good names !!! At this point I said to myself YOU ARE A SCREWBALL IF YOU EVER THINK YOUR GOING TO COME UP WITH A GOOD NAME so that is when I tossed SCREWBALL in the hat . After hearing how it took cal back to good days was glad the name won not because I won but because he took something negative though and turned it into a positive 1 with out even knowing I was it was a negative thought towards myself..
And that my friends is what Vapvana is all about !!!!
Thanks so much for sharing this story! :love:

It's been one hell of a journey the past ~6 weeks going all in to get to this point.

(I underestimated the amount of time it would take to get a lot of this work done :bang:... but I'm more motivated than ever and keep getting better every day :cool:

Getting to hear about how much fun everyone had with this contest is the reason I get out of bed in the morning.

I want to provide y'all with the best experiences possible, whether its with a product, a contest, event, or even if you're returning your purchase.

Your satisfaction is my main priority :tup:
@Vapvana does the Screwball work with shovelhead and other 22mm diffuser bowls? Just came into my mind and wanted to ask before I forget. Apologies if it’s been covered somewhere and I missed it.
This has not been officially tested - however I will say this.

Even if it's compatible - the retail ready version of our bowl will create an airtight seal with the housing.

This impacts the performance by ~10-15f and IMO it makes sense to prioritize the 'airtight system' vs having more bowl options (hopefully SCC can come up with a glass option too :love:)

I'm curious about this as well, what bowls will all fit it?
I'm expecting dfreeze and a few others to make wood bowls as well
What I do want to make compatible is the threading for the handles so they work with the shovelhead bowls :rockon:

And although @DFreeZ_Designs isn't on the official list yet... I have a kit aside for them :tup:

Plus any other changes based off of the early adopters feedback will be implemented on the next round of prototypes for the bowl.
I took the plunge.

Interested to see how this one performs.

I'll report back 🫡
Thanks for joining the journey :rockon:

I can't wait to hear yours and everyone else's feedback :D

Closing Thoughts​

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, project, contest, etc :bowdown:

The vibe in this thread is dope AF and I can't wait to keep this momentum going with y'all :rockon:

Social Media :puke:

Six weeks ago I started going live every morning on Instagram to hold myself accountable for getting shit done.

But I realized the content I was making wasn't a great viewing experience for people...

So about a week ago I started making Reels and more engaging content on Instagram with the goal to bring more awareness to our awesome community

Here's a little montage of some skits:

(Timestamp links open in a new window - use 'chapters' feature on video player to stay in tab)

00:00 - Screwball Announcement
00:55 - Blueberries Skit
02:17 - Glass Artist Pitch
03:47 - Kit Shipment Day

Shipping Update​

My plan is to ship out US Kits + Prizes tomorrow and International Kits + Prizes on Thursday :rockon:

Talk soon,
Cal

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Thanks for your support! :rockon:

And welcome to the....

image_6487327_1.jpg

:evil:

This has been brought up to me on Instagram too.

One of the goals with the early adopters round is to focus on accessories.

80-90% of the focus went into making the best performing vape for low temp 'flower dabs'

Now I have faith in this community to help make the screwball a homerun :goon: (if you can't beat the puns, might as well join @coolbreeze here for the double play :freak:)

:rockon::tup::D

On the topic of glass rigs and accessories.

Here is the current list of artists & makers confirmed for the early adopters round.
NameProduct TypeInstagram Link
Dohn Joe GlassGlass Rigs & Accessorieshttps://www.instagram.com/dohnjoeglass/
Gobs GlassGlass Rigs & Accessorieshttps://www.instagram.com/gobsglass/
Oblivion GlassGlass Accessorieshttps://www.instagram.comoblivionglass
Solid State ConceptsGlass Accessorieshttps://www.instagram.com/solidstateconcepts/
Tiny StemsWooden Accessorieshttps://www.instagram.com/tiny.stems/
The Club PipeWooden Accessorieshttps://www.instagram.com/theclubpipe/
Vapor SolutionsButane Vapes & Accessorieshttps://www.instagram.com/vapor.solutions/

Plus there might be some more collabs in the works... :science:

The goal is to have a bunch of local and imported glass & accessory options for 'Opening Day' :rockon:

I'm glad someone picked up on this :lol:

I might have mentioned it in the livestream on Instagram - but I also found it ironic / meta how I chose the name after making the update post about not using the word 'ball' :mental:

(I'm just glad I forgot to mention that in the beginning... or @Necra may have kept the name hidden all along :brow:)

If there is something to take out of this - I hope you realize I am open minded and welcome everyones suggestions, ideas, criticisms, etc

The V in the logo represents all of the community members, makers, shakers, bakers, etc coming together to build the future and grow together :rockon:
27957.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing this story! :love:

It's been one hell of a journey the past ~6 weeks going all in to get to this point.

(I underestimated the amount of time it would take to get a lot of this work done :bang:... but I'm more motivated than ever and keep getting better every day :cool:

Getting to hear about how much fun everyone had with this contest is the reason I get out of bed in the morning.

I want to provide y'all with the best experiences possible, whether its with a product, a contest, event, or even if you're returning your purchase.

Your satisfaction is my main priority :tup:

This has not been officially tested - however I will say this.

Even if it's compatible - the retail ready version of our bowl will create an airtight seal with the housing.

This impacts the performance by ~10-15f and IMO it makes sense to prioritize the 'airtight system' vs having more bowl options (hopefully SCC can come up with a glass option too :love:)

What I do want to make compatible is the threading for the handles so they work with the shovelhead bowls :rockon:

And although @DFreeZ_Designs isn't on the official list yet... I have a kit aside for them :tup:

Plus any other changes based off of the early adopters feedback will be implemented on the next round of prototypes for the bowl.

Thanks for joining the journey :rockon:

I can't wait to hear yours and everyone else's feedback :D

Closing Thoughts​

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, project, contest, etc :bowdown:

The vibe in this thread is dope AF and I can't wait to keep this momentum going with y'all :rockon:

Social Media :puke:

Six weeks ago I started going live every morning on Instagram to hold myself accountable for getting shit done.

But I realized the content I was making wasn't a great viewing experience for people...

So about a week ago I started making Reels and more engaging content on Instagram with the goal to bring more awareness to our awesome community

Here's a little montage of some skits:

(Timestamp links open in a new window - use 'chapters' feature on video player to stay in tab)

00:00 - Screwball Announcement
00:55 - Blueberries Skit
02:17 - Glass Artist Pitch
03:47 - Kit Shipment Day

Shipping Update​

My plan is to ship out US Kits + Prizes tomorrow and International Kits + Prizes on Thursday :rockon:

Talk soon,
Cal
You got this brother, personally I think you're positive attitude is much needed in this hobby, lots off oddly angry stoners😂😂

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I'm so glad the SCREWBALL is not a ball vape.

It's a coil driven temp control heat retention vape.

To much drama in ball vape land right now 🥎
Wondering what the difference is? The beads, shards in this case act as a thermal battery. The air comes straight down through the balls/shards onto the load. It depends how they are positioned as to where the air is dispersed. The is absolutely no functional difference between the 2. Think of the air coming down like water from a faucet. Then hitting the balls/shards. What would the water look like passing through? It would be separated until it found room to come straight down. In like a rainshower form, but still straight down over the weed. So balls and shards are the same in function like I said.:myday:

Custom Flower Hardware,
Reactions: caliganja420

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
Yea, so anywho.

The manufacturer sent me a personal message which I thought was a nice touch! Also very public with the process and agenda for the product with collaborations. Not expecting anything landscape changing, but this whole experience has been a lot of fun to watch.

Vapvana

Manufacturer
Glad to have snagged one of the last early adopter kits and be getting into the bullpen before the big game :)
Excited to have an Aussie onboard! Welcome to the Team :rockon:
You got this brother, personally I think you're positive attitude is much needed in this hobby, lots off oddly angry stoners😂😂
Thank you! Luckily hatorade is my drink of choice :freak:
I bought the last one :)
Gems instead of balls :rockon:
Ya'll... it was so frickin cool when I found out 420Eng hopped onboard! :love:

I remember when the CouchLog was first released during our R&D phase... (still pissed I didn't scoop one the first round :bang:)

Thanks for your support! :bowdown:
Cal, this has been one of the funnest product intros and your attitude set the tone. Hope the Screwball gemstoner is a hit!
Thank you for the kind words! :rockon:

I've had the dream of throwing the most epic first contest here for months...

Was so cool to finally bring the idea to life and I couldn't be happier with the results :love:
Wondering what the difference is? The beads, shards in this case act as a thermal battery. The air comes straight down through the balls/shards onto the load. It depends how they are positioned as to where the air is dispersed. The is absolutely no functional difference between the 2. Think of the air coming down like water from a faucet. Then hitting the balls/shards. What would the water look like passing through? It would be separated until it found room to come straight down. In like a rainshower form, but still straight down over the weed. So balls and shards are the same in function like I said.:myday:
Thanks for stopping in! :wave:

In case you missed it, I posted my performance tests of 2.5mm gem cut vs 3mm balls on page 1

Performance Test: 2.5mm Gem Cut Rubies vs 3mm Sapphire Pearls​

I made a video featuring the performance differences using 2.5mm gem cut rubies vs 3mm sapphire pearls

(timestamps open in new tab - use the 'chapters' feature in the video player to stay within this thread)

00:00 - 1st Bowl
00:14 - 450f - Gem Cut
01:14 - 1st Bowl AVB
01:38 - 550f - Gem Cut
02:35 - 2nd Bowl AVB
03:36 - 450f - Pearls
04:37 - 3rd Bowl AVB
05:00 - 550f - Pearls
05:53 - 4th Bowl AVB
06:04 - AVB Comparison

Here are some of my notes:​

• I tried to keep the heater media as the only variable change
    • Same coil, housing, PID, rig, dry catch, and flower strain.
  • Two .4g bowls of ground herb were used per test
    • 450f with a ~10 min heat soak
    • 550f with a ~10 min heat soak
  • I conducted one test at night (gem cut rubies) and one test in the morning (sapphire pearls)
    • I let the housing completely cool down before swapping out the media
  • I cleaned the rig in between tests
    • Dry catch was not cleaned
  • I tried my best to use the same inhale speed throughout the tests.

AVB Results Pic:​

vapvana-test-gem-vs-pearl-avb.jpg

Old Performance Test from July, 2022​

I found an old performance test on my phone and was surprised it's already been over a year since I recorded it... (July 13th, 2022) :o

In the video I take the first hit with 3mm ruby balls at 420f. The second hit is with 2.5mm gem cut rubies at the same 420f.

The bowl was not emptied / replaced in between hits.

Although the AVB isn't shown, you will notice a visible difference in vapor production using the 2.5mm gem cut at the same temp.

Personal Opinion​

Over the past ~15 months I've gone through ~2lbs of flower testing over 9 iterations of the Screwball. Although my tests are N = 1, all my decisions have been calculated based off of my personal experiences / testing :science:

However I'm always open to new information, tests, feedback, constructive criticisms, etc.

If you have any videos or tests that show different results than my personal experience, I'd love for you to send them my way :D

I'm also happy to answer any questions regarding my designs or decisions I've made throughout the process :rockon:

Yea, so anywho.

The manufacturer sent me a personal message which I thought was a nice touch! Also very public with the process and agenda for the product with collaborations. Not expecting anything landscape changing, but this whole experience has been a lot of fun to watch.
Glad you enjoyed the message!

My background is in tech startups where some companies prioritize transparency and UX (user experience) over profits :clap:

I'd like to bring some of those philosophies and methodologies to the vape space as well :rockon:

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to improve your experience :tup:
Yes I got a personal message as well! That’s a first for me 😊 Mine should be here Monday. Very excited to try it out and post some function videos.
I'm excited for you to get some function videos too! :nod:

And on the topic of shipments...

Early Adopters Shipment Update​

All US orders have been sent out as of yesterday (there's a couple US prize items I still need to get out tomorrow :\)

Our first international order went out today - to Israel!

And now that I went thru that process... (I'm new to shipping international packages :mental:) I will be getting the rest of the orders out tomorrow/Monday.

Then the remaining kits are being sent out to our list of collaborating artists / makers :rockon:

About ~5-6 kits should land tomorrow, with more coming Monday and the following days :D

Closing Thoughts​

Thanks again to everyone's support and killer vibes so far! :bowdown:

I'm all in on this project and spend 99% of my time awake thinking / working towards building the future of cannabis vaporization.

But at the end of the day I can't do it alone - and I need the community's help to take this to the next level.

Hope you all have a kickass weekend,
Cal

Raskolnikov

Cal, this has been one of the funnest product intros and your attitude set the tone. Hope the Screwball gemstoner is a hit!
My sentiments exactly. He messaged me too and the way he has done this intro has really created a buzz. His marketing strategy is on point. Lovely guy and very accessible. Just the fact that he held a unit for me means I I'll probably end up buying all the products Vapvana produce. Love the way Cal explained about wanting to produce vapes for commercial businesses like coffee machines as I'm a coffee snob and have a coffee shop espresso machine in my home. I have shown lots of people my prize, thanks again Cal and have been promoting the screwball in all my Cannabis groups on TG. I wish Cal all the luck in the world in his journey but I don't think he needs it. This product will take a good part of the market share in the ball vape sector imo. Hopefully some vendors will feel it as the sector is full of price gouging.

AussieBattla

I agree the marketing approach has been 11/10 so far and it's cool to see Cal share a bit about his background....good to see with his UX leanings he is about being customer-focused (which is clear so far), so let's all give him some good feedback and help built the ultimate dry herb vape brand out there!

Way more excited for this to arrive than anything from CH or OWW so far :)

pomogirl

Excited to have an Aussie onboard! Welcome to the Team :rockon:

Thank you! Luckily hatorade is my drink of choice :freak:

Ya'll... it was so frickin cool when I found out 420Eng hopped onboard! :love:

I remember when the CouchLog was first released during our R&D phase... (still pissed I didn't scoop one the first round :bang:)

Thanks for your support! :bowdown:

Thank you for the kind words! :rockon:

I've had the dream of throwing the most epic first contest here for months...

Was so cool to finally bring the idea to life and I couldn't be happier with the results :love:

Thanks for stopping in! :wave:

In case you missed it, I posted my performance tests of 2.5mm gem cut vs 3mm balls on page 1

Performance Test: 2.5mm Gem Cut Rubies vs 3mm Sapphire Pearls​

I made a video featuring the performance differences using 2.5mm gem cut rubies vs 3mm sapphire pearls

(timestamps open in new tab - use the 'chapters' feature in the video player to stay within this thread)

00:00 - 1st Bowl
00:14 - 450f - Gem Cut
01:14 - 1st Bowl AVB
01:38 - 550f - Gem Cut
02:35 - 2nd Bowl AVB
03:36 - 450f - Pearls
04:37 - 3rd Bowl AVB
05:00 - 550f - Pearls
05:53 - 4th Bowl AVB
06:04 - AVB Comparison

Here are some of my notes:​

• I tried to keep the heater media as the only variable change
    • Same coil, housing, PID, rig, dry catch, and flower strain.
  • Two .4g bowls of ground herb were used per test
    • 450f with a ~10 min heat soak
    • 550f with a ~10 min heat soak
  • I conducted one test at night (gem cut rubies) and one test in the morning (sapphire pearls)
    • I let the housing completely cool down before swapping out the media
  • I cleaned the rig in between tests
    • Dry catch was not cleaned
  • I tried my best to use the same inhale speed throughout the tests.

AVB Results Pic:​

vapvana-test-gem-vs-pearl-avb.jpg

Old Performance Test from July, 2022​

I found an old performance test on my phone and was surprised it's already been over a year since I recorded it... (July 13th, 2022) :o

In the video I take the first hit with 3mm ruby balls at 420f. The second hit is with 2.5mm gem cut rubies at the same 420f.

The bowl was not emptied / replaced in between hits.

Although the AVB isn't shown, you will notice a visible difference in vapor production using the 2.5mm gem cut at the same temp.

Personal Opinion​

Over the past ~15 months I've gone through ~2lbs of flower testing over 9 iterations of the Screwball. Although my tests are N = 1, all my decisions have been calculated based off of my personal experiences / testing :science:

However I'm always open to new information, tests, feedback, constructive criticisms, etc.

If you have any videos or tests that show different results than my personal experience, I'd love for you to send them my way :D

I'm also happy to answer any questions regarding my designs or decisions I've made throughout the process :rockon:

Glad you enjoyed the message!

My background is in tech startups where some companies prioritize transparency and UX (user experience) over profits :clap:

I'd like to bring some of those philosophies and methodologies to the vape space as well :rockon:

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to improve your experience :tup:

I'm excited for you to get some function videos too! :nod:

And on the topic of shipments...

Early Adopters Shipment Update​

All US orders have been sent out as of yesterday (there's a couple US prize items I still need to get out tomorrow :\)

Our first international order went out today - to Israel!

And now that I went thru that process... (I'm new to shipping international packages :mental:) I will be getting the rest of the orders out tomorrow/Monday.

Then the remaining kits are being sent out to our list of collaborating artists / makers :rockon:

About ~5-6 kits should land tomorrow, with more coming Monday and the following days :D

Closing Thoughts​

Thanks again to everyone's support and killer vibes so far! :bowdown:

I'm all in on this project and spend 99% of my time awake thinking / working towards building the future of cannabis vaporization.

But at the end of the day I can't do it alone - and I need the community's help to take this to the next level.

Hope you all have a kickass weekend,
Cal
I missed the last US one, but I'll be excited to see it start getting reviews--and thanks for the fun IG vids!

pomogirl,
Reactions: Vapvana

Darth Gram Gram

You might be my favorite maker / vendor on here right now! I haven't been able to snag anything yet, but when I eventually upgrade this is looking like the option. I seriously love the marketing approach here (coming from someone who has done marketing and is freelance now) and openness with everything, as well as the funny, carefree attitude. It sets you apart!

Vapvana

Manufacturer
My sentiments exactly. He messaged me too and the way he has done this intro has really created a buzz. His marketing strategy is on point. Lovely guy and very accessible. Just the fact that he held a unit for me means I I'll probably end up buying all the products Vapvana produce. Love the way Cal explained about wanting to produce vapes for commercial businesses like coffee machines as I'm a coffee snob and have a coffee shop espresso machine in my home. I have shown lots of people my prize, thanks again Cal and have been promoting the screwball in all my Cannabis groups on TG. I wish Cal all the luck in the world in his journey but I don't think he needs it. This product will take a good part of the market share in the ball vape sector imo. Hopefully some vendors will feel it as the sector is full of price gouging.
:love:
I agree the marketing approach has been 11/10 so far and it's cool to see Cal share a bit about his background....good to see with his UX leanings he is about being customer-focused (which is clear so far), so let's all give him some good feedback and help built the ultimate dry herb vape brand out there!

Way more excited for this to arrive than anything from CH or OWW so far :)
:rockon:
I missed the last US one, but I'll be excited to see it start getting reviews--and thanks for the fun IG vids!
:luv:
You might be my favorite maker / vendor on here right now! I haven't been able to snag anything yet, but when I eventually upgrade this is looking like the option. I seriously love the marketing approach here (coming from someone who has done marketing and is freelance now) and openness with everything, as well as the funny, carefree attitude. It sets you apart!
:bowdown:

Thanks so much for everyones support and messages!

Things have been non stop crazy the last few days - even with some 'curveballs' thrown at me getting these kits out.

There was a slight family emergency I had to attend to today - so international kits are going out Monday with UPS shipping. I'll reach out to all customers via email in case you're seeing this now.

Otherwise some reviews are already starting to come in on IG, Reddit, and Discord - I'm looking forward for more content to make its way to this thread :rockon:

Marketing Strategy​

Since the term 'marketing' has a ton of different connotations, I figured I'd explain my marketing methodologies a little.

IMO - Marketing is about getting more awareness about your company / brand. There are various avenues / paths to get to this point - whether it be social media ads, billboard ads, commercials, or word of mouth marketing.

My goal is to focus on two groups using the 80/20 rule

Word Of Mouth Marketing​

I'd like to put 80% of our marketing budget into word of mouth marketing - aka investing in our communities.

I love building things from the ground up, and believe we need to do it by bringing together people locally first. This is my motivating reason to do fun contests, events, etc

Modern Marketing (Paid Ads)​

With a majority of the resources (80%) going into community building - I'd like to allocate the other 20% into more traditional / modern marketing (Instagram Ads) to bring more awareness to our community and lifestyle.

About 10 days ago I mentioned I was going to start creating more engaging content on Instagram to provide a better user experience. Well apparently when you put in more time and effort into your content (and sprinkle a little $ to boost the post too) the algorithm likes that :hmm:

For full transparency - here are some of the reason stats from my experimenting:

IMG_7329.jpg
IMG_7330.jpg

IMG_7331.png
IMG_7332.png

Screwball Onboarding Walkthrough​

I created an onboarding walkthrough video for screwball early adopters

(timestamps open in new tab - use 'chapters' feature in video player to stay in this window)
00:00 - Intro
00:20 - Unboxing
05:50 - Glass Overview
07:15 - Loading Bowl
09:27 - Heater + Bowl Combo
10:15 - 1st Demo Hit
13:20 - Debowling
14:00 - Cleaning Bowl
17:10 - 2nd Demo Hit
19:15 - Closing Thoughts

Next Update​

Once I'm all caught up on international orders sending out makers kits, I'll start working on my blog post for how I designed the screwball, and why certain designs were made along the process.

If I haven't gotten back to your messages I'm working on getting thru my inboxes tomorrow.

Talk soon,
Cal

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

I have received my package as grand prize winner not opened as I'm not home.
Can't wait. Update coming soon thanks @Vapvana not just for the prize but for you uplifting spirit this whole time!
Can't wait to hear your views on the Screwball. Just waiting on Cal getting back to me so as I can pay for my unit. Desperate to hear others views before I receive my own.

olivianewtonjohn

Can't wait to hear your views on the Screwball. Just waiting on Cal getting back to me so as I can pay for my unit. Desperate to hear others views before I receive my own.
So far I saw a user on 420vapezone discord give some positive first impressions

"Well fuck me...this Vapvana Screwball gives me a better extraction at <500F with the included bowl than my B1 gives me at 600F using the CH Shovelhead bowl."

"It's a genuinely good ball vape despite the early pre-rtail blemishes and rough edges. Fantastic performance.
You get the balls closer to the flower than most other diffusers. So a warning not to let it sit on the bowl heat soaking would be a good idea. For forgetful stoners this could easily over toast and combust.
I think that closeness coupled with the turbulent airflow is why I'm getting such a good extraction at so much lower a temp than my other ball vapes. "

Bababouy

Just received my Screwball and looking forward to trying it out with the onboarding video after work is over.

If you have a Cannabis Hardware post that you use for your other vapes DO NOT put the screwball on it. I was performing my burn off and it got stuck on there pretty damn good to the point where I thought I may have to get dry ice. Loving the quality of the machining and I wish it was after 5 PM already ❤️

Top Bottom