The Screwball by Vapvana

ubardog

Introducing...​

vapvana-screwball-banner_2x_144807e9-9d3d-4dff-8e63-0d833c53e6ce.png

Congrats to the Grand Prize Winner of the Naming Contest - @Necra :clap::rockon::tup::bowdown::science::party:

and thanks to everyone who contributed to the contest!

We had 43 members participate, with over 250 unique name entries!

Shoutout to:
@snackmaster @RustyOldNail @coolbreeze @Hackerman @Kreator87 @Raskolnikov @Bologna @HyDrOpOnIc1987 @vapviking @macbill
@Shit Snacks @GoldenBud @Farid @olysh @Sativapo @Pcloudy @nicknobody @Razshiro @Buildozer @Monk Debate @666Honeybadger
@Necra @Hippie @DadaBoo @Timps27 @80Sixed @erka @BabyFacedFinster @someTooL @Perfect_Speed4069 @TigoleBitties @Misterhyde
@Shrike @Grass Yes @TangibleHangnail @tinctorus @Xclerk @Darth Gram Gram @DocNicksche @MinnBobber @ubardog @fangorn @Bababouy

The randomly selected winners were chosen on Instagram live today.

Winners Chosen:​

Grinder_Prize.jpg

Grinder #1 - @80Sixed
Grinder #2 - @Pcloudy
Grinder #3 - @fangorn

Briefcase_Prize.jpg

Briefcase - @coolbreeze

Bong_Prize.jpg

Fab Bong - @Monk Debate

Stem_Prize.jpg

Prototype Stem + Dynatip - @Raskolnikov

DSC00729.jpg

Screwball Early Adopters Kit - @ubardog

33% Off Coupon (For Our Grand Opening) - All Participants! (I will message you the coupon code prior to our grand opening)

A SUR(PRIZE) FOR ALL NON WINNERS

For anyone who contributed and did not win a prize, I'd like to offer you the option to receive a '2nd quality' herb scoop for... FREE :rockon:
DSC00751.jpg

Shoot me a message if you're interested in receiving one :tup:

Why did we choose the name "The Screwball"?

There are a few reasons I went with this name:
  1. It spoke to my background in baseball :goon:
    1. In baseball there is a pitch called a 'screwball' - where the ball moves in the opposite direction of a 'curveball'
    2. To me this is a symbol of how we are trying to move in a different direction than the 'industry norm'
  2. It's a play on words when our 'ball vape' doesn't use any ruby balls - aka 'screw balls' :evil:

3. It unlocked a nostalgic 'core memory' from my childhood :love:
    1. Does anyone remember these ice cream treats?
      resize
    2. These were one of my favorite things from the ice cream truck, and I thought it was ironic it is in a cone which is a similar shape to the gem cut rubies our vape uses.
  4. I thought it would be a good conversation topic - "why is it called the screwball?"

Closing Thoughts​

Thanks again to everyone who participated and contributed! :bowdown:

It was extremely hard picking a winner. :cry:

I will be contacting everyone over the weekend arranging their prize shipments.

Until our next contest... :science:

(Next update coming tomorrow :rockon:)

Cheers,
Cal
Oh wow !!! The Screwball is gonna be my 1st ball vape ! Thank you so much @Vapvana . I tried to stay up for the livesteam on IG but it was late for me ,this was a wonderful morning surprise . Big congrats to @Necra with a solid name .

Vapvana

Manufacturer
I think Vapvana Screwball is an absolute homerun. Congrats, @Necra
Thank you! And I see what you did there... :clap::rockon::goon:
Thankyou for my prize and got to admit that its a good name. Congrats @Necra and all other winners.
Glad you like the name and congrats!!:love::clap:
Thank you from me, too! Congrats everyone, that was fun.
Congrats! and I'm glad you had fun :love::rockon:
It was that. Love the third off for their grand opening too. Basically get a retail unit for early adopters price. It's looking good in those videos. May be my first ball vape.
You got it! The plan is to give people an opportunity to buy in early and be a part of the refinement process.

Or buy in later after it's more refined, still at a discounted rate - because I fookin love y'all :nod::love::rockon:
I'm in for an early adopter kit. I can't imagine the retail will be to different from the retail kit.
Right on! The performance has been been ready for months - now it's time to get it 'retail ready' :science:

And I can't do it without the early adopters help :bowdown: anyone who buys in early is greatly appreciated and will be taken care of many times to come :D

Thanks for the opportunity @Vapvana. Congrats to all winners!
Thanks for your contributions! :clap::rockon:
Oh wow !!! The Screwball is gonna be my 1st ball vape ! Thank you so much @Vapvana . I tried to stay up for the livesteam on IG but it was late for me ,this was a wonderful morning surprise . Big congrats to @Necra with a solid name .
:o:o:o congrats!!! :clap:

Cant wait to hear your initial thoughts :science:
It's a great name :love: with very seductive arguments
Congrats to the winners !
Thanks for the game I enjoyed
Thanks for joining!! :bowdown: Glad to hear you enjoyed it :love:

I will be doing more contests like this in the future, and have some other fun interactive ideas for this community :science:
Sorry for my name jokes early on lol. Looking at all these happy members you made makes me happy. Nice work vv and good luck!
Oh I totally took your comment in jest! :rofl: - and got a kick out of your sarcasm :lol:

Looks like we are all finding ways to win! :D

(My goal is to do my best to make sure everyone is happy with their experience - whether they like the product or not)

Appreciate you being open minded :rockon:
So the early adopter units haven't been sent out yet, right? That's a really tempting price.
Not yet! more info below! :evil:
Wow didn't see that curveball coming
I guess it was a SCREWBAL coming at me lol.
I never expected to win but it's a great birthday present . I'm still kind speechless right now!
I love when life throws you a screwball, and you still swing for the fences :rockon::love::D

Congrats again! :clap:

Early Adopters Timeline Update​

IMG-6863.jpg

The early adopters kits are scheduled to land this Tuesday!! :o:D:rockon:

My plan is to have everything sent out by Wednesday or Thursday if all goes well :cool:

Current Available Inventory​

I have a limited amount of kits left with open availability (aka they are on the site right now)

US Kits
Int Kits - 4

Once these sell that will be it until the retail ready version is done.

REMINDER:
Don't need a PID? Use this code to save $50
NOPID50

Next Update​

Next update will be about my design philosophies for the Screwball.

And why I made some of the decisions I made along the way.

Until then I hope you all have a kickass start to your week :tup:

With love,
Cal

PS - I will get back to all my messages tomorrow morning! Thanks for your patience :bowdown::love:

2pumpchump

Ordered – really curious about this one and appreciate all the information and discussion before release.
Can't wait to try it out 😎
Agreed I have really been digging into information and talk about it ever since I relise I won being new to ball vapes and any other desktop ore enail this was 1 of my choice of desktop ball vape. Well desktop gem vape!! LOL
As the early adoption piece was around my max budget .. so yes evey 1 knows what my others is left so was trying to grasp pid coils bowls injector every thing
...but after I won I have looked into this every wear I can expect redid ! This thing seams to be a really solid setup for a startup kit

MoltenTiger

Thanks for stopping in and the support! :rockon:

You are correct, I made some updates to the listing to better manage my inventory for the early adopters round.

If you'd like to purchase the kit without a PID, please use the following coupon code for a $50 off discount.

NOPID50

I'm working on posting both video and written updates, so you can choose which format works best for you :tup:

Pin Layout:​

I made an updated image for the coil & pid compatibility, and added it to the kit listing.

Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

Vapvana-Coil-Pid-Compatibility-Chart-2023.png

Naming Contest Update:​

The official naming contest thread has been posted, and I'm just waiting for approval from the mods before it goes live.

I will make another post here once it is approved.

Early Adopters Kit / Timeline Update:​

There will be an update in regards to the early adopters presale & timeline this weekend / Monday after I finalize some details with our manufacturer.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
-Cal
Maybe offer a cable harness to correct the pinout for more universal compatibility

Looks like a neat screwballvape

Last edited:

2pumpchump

Maybe offer a cable harness to correct the pinout for more universal compatibility

Looks like a neat screwballvape
I like this thought as a option or ad on witch now I think about it I can't recall seeing any adapters to correct pinout in either direction ... I might have just overlooked them. But if what I understand is correct the coils are compatible other than the pin out right?

ubardog

What Rigs are we thinking will be best to pair with the screwball . I have a Matrix sidekart . Good and stable with low center of gravity but the hot coils will be too close to my face when placed on top with a pass-through adapter. I dislike using whips. What every one suggestions . Thanks

ubardog,

Pcloudy

I like this thought as a option or ad on witch now I think about it I can't recall seeing any adapters to correct pinout in either direction ... I might have just overlooked them. But if what I understand is correct the coils are compatible other than the pin out right?
They make them. Here is an example.

Raskolnikov

What Rigs are we thinking will be best to pair with the screwball . I have a Matrix sidekart . Good and stable with low center of gravity but the hot coils will be too close to my face when placed on top with a pass-through adapter. I dislike using whips. What every one suggestions . Thanks
Don't know about the best but I'm ordering a mega globe bubbler from RVS in the UK. They also sell a metal cage to surround the globe so as my clumsy ass don't break it. Comes with a glass stem so I'm not too near the heat source when using a pass through and it has 3 holes so I can also add my dyna tip and stem which I won in the competition if I want to over do it. Low centre of gravity too when the water is added.

2pumpchump

Don't know about the best but I'm ordering a mega globe bubbler from RVS in the UK. They also sell a metal cage to surround the globe so as my clumsy ass don't break it. Comes with a glass stem so I'm not too near the heat source when using a pass through and it has 3 holes so I can also add my dyna tip and stem which I won in the competition if I want to over do it. Low centre of gravity too when the water is added.

Congratulations on your winnings that looks like a really nice dynavap stem btw ! I'm glad you was able to get 1 reserved for when you get home! I went cube instead of sphere.. have you considered a mk2 version? I would think the way the port for the 2nd hole is merge into the downstem so low would be better to prevent blowing back as bad as adding a pass through on top .. I also love how mouthpiece options are endless for this style of WP . @ubardog not sure if either of these are best for you as was currently looking into a really low center of gravity dry rigs myself but put on hold for now till I have hands on with this beast of a vape . Never use anything like it so I want to see how it feels before any decisions.
Also relise I forgot to CONGRATULATE EVERYONE ELSE ON THEIR WINNINGS
And every 1 that Participated even if you name was ment as a joke you never know still might have won!
Has anybody wondered how I came up with the name screwball as it really does not make sense ? Edit. B4 it gets taken out of context I was the only person I call a screwball in my thoughts for the name !!!!

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

Congratulations on your winnings that looks like a really nice dynavap stem btw ! I'm glad you was able to get 1 reserved for when you get home! I went cube instead of sphere.. have you considered a mk2 version? I would think the way the port for the 2nd hole is merge into the downstem so low would be better to prevent blowing back as bad as adding a pass through on top .. I also love how mouthpiece options are endless for this style of WP . @ubardog not sure if either of these are best for you as was currently looking into a really low center of gravity dry rigs myself but put on hold for now till I have hands on with this beast of a vape . Never use anything like it so I want to see how it feels before any decisions.
Also relise I forgot to CONGRATULATE EVERYONE ELSE ON THEIR WINNINGS
And every 1 that Participated even if you name was ment as a joke you never know still might have won!
Has anybody wondered how I came up with the name screwball as it really does not make sense ?
Yes it's the V2 dark glass one I'm going to buy but was adding the pass through just to protect the globe from the bowl expanding with the heat. Seems perfect for what I need and that metal cage is a godsend for me. If you have read, " Of mice and men " I am like Lennie Small without the mental deficiency. My wife got me a T shirt a few years ago for my fortieth birthday with My name is D_____ and I break things.
The Dynavap I am very happy about and it does look very cool too. Never owned a Dyna as I always felt the chamber is too small for my needs but when added to a bubbler at the same time as the screwball, that's more my style. Just realised I could stick a dab nail on it too at the same time as the screwball. I can't wait to get my hands on this device.

coolbreeze

Has anybody wondered how I came up with the name screwball as it really does not make sense ?
I do wonder, yes. Especially in light of this, my favorite part of this whole exercise:

One Note I Forgot To Mention:​

Since this heater uses 2.5mm gem cut rubies, there aren't any 'balls' used in this 'ball vape'

I'd prefer not to use the word 'ball' or 'balls' at all - and think the word 'gem' might be a better alternative :sherlock:

Why did we choose the name "The Screwball"?

There are a few reasons I went with this name:
  1. It spoke to my background in baseball :goon:
    1. In baseball there is a pitch called a 'screwball' - where the ball moves in the opposite direction of a 'curveball'
    2. To me this is a symbol of how we are trying to move in a different direction than the 'industry norm'
  2. It's a play on words when our 'ball vape' doesn't use any ruby balls - aka 'screw balls' :evil:

3. It unlocked a nostalgic 'core memory' from my childhood :love:
    1. Does anyone remember these ice cream treats?
      resize
    2. These were one of my favorite things from the ice cream truck, and I thought it was ironic it is in a cone which is a similar shape to the gem cut rubies our vape uses.
  4. I thought it would be a good conversation topic - "why is it called the screwball?"
Talk about throwing us a screwball!

Also, there should be an "Opening Day" special version filled with (baseball) diamonds.

2pumpchump

I do wonder, yes. Especially in light of this, my favorite part of this whole exercise:

Talk about throwing us a screwball!
No worries I will tell everyone this evening . As I'm not grate with words and holding a solid thought so I have to edit out the ow bird .what was I saying lol

vapvana-x-fc-naming-contest-banner-draft_2x_8d85b012-a561-4315-95d2-41d1804bdaae.png

(Links open in a new window - use 'chapters' feature in video player to stay in tab)

00:00 - Welcome Message
00:33 - Hit for the OGs
01:50 - Contest Overview
03:49 - Grand Prize
05:51 - Bong Prize
07:00 - Grinder Prize
07:58 - Briefcase Prize
09:26 - Stem Prize
11:47 - Closing Thoughts

Overview:​

Project E-Vap wouldn’t exist without the contributions that have been made on FC.

As a way to give back and say thank you to this community, we are doing a contest to name this vape:

Contest Info​

Working Name:

E-Vap (Short for E-Vaporator)

Notes:

• We would like a name that is easy to remember and spell.
  • Something people can refer to by itself, without using our brand name (Vapvana).

How It Works:

How To Enter:

There are two ways to enter the contest:
  1. Reply to this thread with at least one product name suggestion
  2. Reply to this thread telling us why you enjoy vaping cannabis

How To Win:

There are two ways to win.
  1. Have your product name chosen to be the grand prize winner.
    • Unlimited product name entries allowed
  2. Have your username selected at random to win runner up prizes for participating.
    • One entry per username max (1 post = 1 entry)

How Winners Will Be Chosen:​

Grand Prize: We will select our favorite name from all the entries*

*We reserve the right to not select any of the entries. If a name is not chosen, the grand prize will be moved into the runner up prizes and selected at random

Runner Ups: Randomly selected on Instagram live using an online random selector tool

Prizes:​

Grand Prize (1 Winner)

Win An Early Adopters Kit & Free Products For Life by Becoming an Official Vapvana Beta Tester*

*Winner must complete our beta tester onboarding process in order to be eligible for the grand prize

The onboarding process consists of:
  1. Filling out a questionnaire form
  2. Having a video call with me (Cal)
  3. Signing an NDA
Grand prize winners can opt out of being a beta tester in exchange for $1,000 store credit on www.vapvana.com

Runner Up Prizes:​

Early Adopters Kit (1 Winner)​

DSC00729.jpg

(E-Vap Early Adopters Kit image for visual reference only - products you receive may look slightly different)

18" Fab Bong Prototype (1 Winner)​

Bong_Prize.jpg

8mm Glass Stem Prototype + SS Dynavap Tip w/ Limited Edition Cap (2/2/22 - #153) (1 Winner)

Stem_Prize.jpg

Smell Proof Briefcase Prototype (1 Winner)​

Briefcase_Prize.jpg

3 Piece Magnetic Grinder Prototype (3 Winners)​

Grinder_Prize.jpg

33% Off Coupon (Unlimited Winners)​

As a thank you to all members who participate, you will receive a 33% off coupon* for our grand opening on www.vapvana.com

*Not valid on early adopter kits, 2nd quality products, and does not work with additional coupons or discounts.

Rules:​

1. No purchase necessary
  2. Open to worldwide members on www.fuckcombustion.com
  3. Must be 21 years or older, or have a medical marijuana card.
  4. Must be legally able to receive the prize in your country shipped from the United States.
  5. Must agree to the Vapvana Beta Tester Terms & Conditions and complete the onboarding process to be eligible for the grand prize (free products for life).
    • Grand prize winners can opt out of being a beta tester in exchange for $1,000.00 store credit on www.vapvana.com
    • The onboarding process consists of a questionnaire form, video call, and signing a NDA.
  6. Contest will run until July 9th at 11:59pm PST.
  7. The contest winners will be announced on YouTube Live & Instagram live (@Vapvana) on July 14th at 4:20pm PST
    • The runner up prizes will be selected randomly on YouTube Live & Instagram live using an online random selector app
  8. All prizes will ship out once the early adopters kits are received from our manufacturer*
    • *Receiving the early adopters kit from our manufacturer is contingent on us completing our early adopters presale
  9. If a winning name isn't selected from the entries, the grand prize will be moved into the runner up prizes and selected at random.
  10. All shipping costs covered by Vapvana

OK so how I came up with name is simple and complicated at the same time .. first read notes of what the company was looking for in a name !! Of course everyone wants a catchy name..
Something that easy to remember .OK I'm with hate trying to remember the name of a vape I was checking out when I go to tell a friend about it .. easy to spell Definitely me my spellchecker needs a spellchecker lol ... wanted the name to not have to do with the company name OK easy don't use vape lol or vona . So looking into Vapvana and seeing their goals and what they were about wanted to still sneak that in ...
Looked at the names people was given out though to myself is nobody actually going to take this for real . So I dropped my first name... OK now we are getting somwear as people started feeding from it with way better names . So still trying saw in a video it looked like the heater screw lock on to the bowl.. and we'll it's kinda a ball vape .
So I thought screwball... decided not to put it down that day as names was getting better ..looked later even more good names !!! At this point I said to myself YOU ARE A SCREWBALL IF YOU EVER THINK YOUR GOING TO COME UP WITH A GOOD NAME so that is when I tossed SCREWBALL in the hat . After hearing how it took cal back to good days was glad the name won not because I won but because he took something negative though and turned it into a positive 1 with out even knowing I was it was a negative thought towards myself..
And that my friends is what Vapvana is all about !!!!

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Jcvap sells adapters, not sure if they have this particular pinout but they're nice units

@Raskolnikov ibhave that exact setup the smoked globe in the rec vapes cage, it's a fantastic setup and so stable which makes it great for group sesh

coolbreeze

OK so how I came up with name is simple and complicated at the same time .. first read notes of what the company was looking for in a name !! Of course everyone wants a catchy name..
Something that easy to remember .OK I'm with hate trying to remember the name of a vape I was checking out when I go to tell a friend about it .. easy to spell Definitely me my spellchecker needs a spellchecker lol ... wanted the name to not have to do with the company name OK easy don't use vape lol or vona . So looking into Vapvana and seeing their goals and what they were about wanted to still sneak that in ...
Looked at the names people was given out though to myself is nobody actually going to take this for real . So I dropped my first name... OK now we are getting somwear as people started feeding from it with way better names . So still trying saw in a video it looked like the heater screw lock on to the bowl.. and we'll it's kinda a ball vape .
So I thought screwball... decided not to put it down that day as names was getting better ..looked later even more good names !!! At this point I said to myself YOU ARE A SCREWBALL IF YOU EVER THINK YOUR GOING TO COME UP WITH A GOOD NAME so that is when I tossed SCREWBALL in the hat . After hearing how it took cal back to good days was glad the name won not because I won but because he took something negative though and turned it into a positive 1 with out even knowing I was it was a negative thought towards myself..
And that my friends is what Vapvana is all about !!!!
Well done! People are gonna feel like they got beaned by it!

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
@Vapvana does the Screwball work with shovelhead and other 22mm diffuser bowls? Just came into my mind and wanted to ask before I forget. Apologies if it’s been covered somewhere and I missed it.
I'm curious about this as well, what bowls will all fit it?
I'm expecting dfreeze and a few others to make wood bowls as well

Top Bottom