The Screwball by Vapvana

Vapvana

Manufacturer

Conduction: Friend or Foe for Flavor? [Part 2 of 3]​

This post is intended to explain my thought process and why I made various decisions designing the Screwball (aka my dream daily driver).

DHV Categories​

Based off of my research, this is how I would categorize DHVs:

DHV TypeHeater(s)Heating MethodNotes:
Convection DHVConvection onlyHybrid (Convection + Conduction)Convection is said to have better flavor, due to slower heatup times which activate more low temp terps.
Hybrid DHVConvection + ConductionHybrid (Convection + Conduction)Hybrid/Conduction is said to give more 'stoney' effects, due to more efficient heat transfer which activates more sedative cannabinoids at higher temps.
Conduction DHVConduction onlyConductionBad for flavor due to uneven and inefficient heating. Leads to overheating on the outside perimeter of the bowl

IMO, I think most/all vapes offered today are Convection or Hybrid focused. It seems like pure conduction vapes are outdated, and not recommended by users.

The 'Ideal Vaporization System'​

IMO, vaping cannabis is more than using a vaporizer/banger/e-rig/etc. It's a complete system / equation / mini science project to reach our desired end result.

Each variable of the equation (heater, flower, glass rig, etc) makes a difference when altered, and can change the overall consumption experience.

Because users have different preferences (joint size, inhale speed/duration, product type, etc) it adds context to the equation, and you can adjust certain variables to help reach your desired outcome.

"How Would You Like Your Steak Cooked?"​

(I apologize in advance to any vegetarians/vegans for using this reference)

IMO, the analogy of how people like their steak prepared is a good example for vaping cannabis too.

Iconic-Arts-Steak-Degrees-of-Doneness-Temperature-Chart-Food-Safety-24x36-Laminated-Poster_66489dc4-092f-41a5-86f4-5e59923696b4.0ca8e24014345e6bbaf1e6fd6fe7d139.jpeg

Dry Herb Vaping 'Doneness' Chart​

IMO, a 'herb doneness' chart would like something like this:

DonenessHerb Temp (F)Herb Temp (C)AVB Color (Not Reliable)
Extra Low Temp300f - 350f149c - 176cVery Lightly Browned
Low Temp350f - 375f176c - 190cLightly Browned
Medium375f - 400f190c - 204cBrown
Dark400f - 425f204c - 218cDark Brown
Extra Dark425f - 445f218c - 229cDarker Brown
Combustion450f+~232c+Black/Charcoal

Temperature Control = Experience Control​

Because different cannabinoids are activated at different temperatures, you can control your experience based off of your desired herb end temp.
71oimmXFR7L.jpg

The Thermodynamic Equation​

Based off of the variables in our control, there are different ways to reach our desired outcome.

In other words - the users consumption preference will provide the context needed to adjust the equation in their favor, aka "how we roast our herb for our desired outcome?"
The process can be thought of as a thermodynamic equation. The controllable factors in the equation for convective heating are temperature, pressure, surface area, mass, and flow rate.
The mass, shape, and density of the ground material is important to the equation. A puck shape, similar to that used when making espresso seems to work the best. If we want even extraction, the entire puck must be heated to the level needed to volatilize the desired plant oils.

Complete extraction also seems to be a tough point to define. The plant material contains a wide spectrum of oil densities. There are some heavy oils and tars within the plant material that we really don’t want to volatilize. Some are only released with the heat of combustion. The most flavorful oils are released at lower temperatures. It all depends upon how dense of oils you want to volatilize to determine your fully extracted point.

Designing The Screwball for Low Temp Vaping​

With the goal to operate at the lowest convection air temps possible, while still reaching our desired end herb temp, this is how I designed the SB around each variable in our control.

Temperature​

With a goal to lower convection air temps, my idea was to maximize heat transfer in all ways possible:
  • Using 750 2.5mm ruby gems operated at lower temps better than ~230 3mm pearls
    • The gems also retain heat better, allowing for a more consistent air temp
  • Using a diffuser style (vs injector) housing removes unnecessary air-path length
  • Allow the housing & coil to go over the bowl walls, adding conduction heating when necessary
  • Using Titanium which allows for fast and efficient heat transfer

Pressure​

Because all parts of the system are custom made to work together, it allows for a more refined/airtight seal. By lowering the atmospheric pressure, it allows for cannabinoids to vaporize at lower temperatures.

(This can also be controlled by your inhale speed.)

can.2021.0173_figure1.jpg

Surface Area​

The Screwball bowl ratio was designed to maximize airflow and surface area.
  • The full size bowl has a 2:1 ratio (20mm ID, 10mm height)
  • The half size bowl has a 4:1 ratio (20mm ID, 5mm height)
By keeping the herb in a puck sized shape, it allows for even heating and removes the need to stir (due to uneven heating).

Mass​

After testing both Titanium and SS versions, it seems like Titanium performs better due to there being less metal mass in the 'system'

Flow Rate​

The Screwball has a balanced airflow due to adjusting different variables in the system.
  • Using a 25mm coil provides more airflow than the common 20mm sized coil
  • IMG-7374.jpg
  • By maximizing airflow in different areas, it creates a balanced draw with using more restrictive media in the housing

Last edited:

Vapvana

Manufacturer

Conduction: Friend or Foe for Flavor? [Part 3 of 3]​

This post is intended to explain my thought process and why I made various decisions designing the Screwball (aka my dream daily driver).

[Reserved for part 3]

Vapvana,
Reactions: Zuhdj

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Does anyone know of cannabis hardware stands fit this? I'm looking at their Debowler stand for my future screwball but am unsure about the fit.

Edit: does the thumbs up mean they do or would you also like to know?

Last edited:

Vapvana

Manufacturer

Happy Thanksgiving​

Happy Holidaze to anyone who celebrated yesterday!

I'm sure everyone is feeding or fighting their VAS right now, so thanks for taking the time to read this :)

Presale Shipping Update​

Our manufacturer said the first 100 kits are ready to be shipped out this Monday, with the remaining going out shortly after.

Once I receive a tracking number, I will reach out to all preorders on an individual basis with the updated ETA. I appreciate everyones patience as things are getting up and running.

The purpose of the presale was to help generate funds for the initial order (kickstarter style), and I am grateful for everyone who has invested in me and my vision.

This wouldn't be possible without your support :love::bowdown:

Screwball Discount Timeline​

I've listed more presale kits on the website that will remain until this Monday at 11:59pm PST.

The price is listed at $269 with an automatic 10% off coupon that brings the total to $242.10

After all the presale orders are shipped, starter kits will go back up to retail at $369 with a 20% holiday discount for the remainder of the year.

Bringing the total to $295.20

Coupon Codes​

When the 'Grand Opening' happens in January/Q1 next year, I will introduce coupon codes for collaborators/partners/etc (10% off).

All holiday sales moving forward will have a max discount of 20% off (regardless if you purchase through us or one of our retail partners).

Vapvana Logistics​

I may make a dedicated post in the future about how I setup the business operations, but wanted to briefly touch on my plans for future logistics.

vapvana-sc-flowchart.png

Logistic/Sourcing Challenges​

Before I started working with our current manufacturer, I reached out to ~10 companies for various products (mainly glass) and dealt with problems like:
  • Quality Control - I received sample orders with '2nd quality pieces', cracks, etc
  • Trust / IP - I had a sample made for a unique design, and the glass company listed the design directly for sale on their dhgate store
  • Sourcing Coordination - It was difficult sourcing different pieces from multiple companies, and having all the products work well with each other.
  • Partnerships vs Sales - It felt like most companies were looking to make a sale with me, rather than build a partnership

Current Manufacturer Benefits

Although most companies didn't work out, I'm grateful that one ended up being a good fit, and that is who we've been working with since. The benefits of working with a sole manufacturer include:

• Assembly & QC - They work with all the individual suppliers to provide us with a complete kit, shrink wrapped and ready to go

• Team of Engineers - Because our manufacturer focuses on products for the cannabis industry, they have a team of engineers to bring these ideas to life. This allows me to focus on the design concepts, and not the fine details (that are out of my skillset).

• Economies of Scale - After the products are finalized, our manufacturer is able to stockpile inventory for us, bringing our costs down and shortening lead times.

• Shared Vision - Beyond our manufacturers capabilities, we both share the same vision of creating the best possible products for users. I'm grateful I've had the opportunity to build a relationship with the owner, and were able to meet this past April in San Francisco.
IMG_5994.jpg

(I also have plans to visit their operation in China sometime in the future)

Or maybe some new glass will satisfy
Speaking of glass....

Vapvana Glass Collaborations​

Along with always having kits in stock, I'm working on offering glass rigs & accessories designed specifically for the Screwball.

There will be both imported options ($) and US options ($$$) from various artists.

IMG-8148_53398966-e117-42af-8b51-3e3d2f431cbe.jpg

(These are 3 prototypes made by @GOBsGlass

Anyway, I keep trying to use my z8 like the screwball for sessions and it just won't work well. I can't wait for this thing.
IMO, this is because the z8 is designed for a one hit extraction - like a bowl snap.

I'll talk more about this and my theories on my next post (part 3 of the conduction series).
Been lurking for a bit but just put in my order and can’t wait to try it.

I just quit tobacco and combustion about a month ago with the help of a Dynavap M+ and while I love it, I decided take it up a level and was looking at ball vapes and I’m happy I found this page and the Screwball.

The reviews, lifetime warranty, pre sale discount and seeing that the creator is active in the community is what sold it for me. Also the chance to become a beta tester for future products is nice.

I’ve only just started this vaping journey but loving it so far and to me feels like being at the cutting-edge of bud (especially once I get the SB) and being part of that feels kinda cool too haha. I really can’t ever imagine going back to combustion besides being out with friends and I don’t have my Dynavap handy.
Thanks so much for taking the time to post and share your experiences so far!

Although I'm confident the Screwball will perform well enough to please a seasoned ENThusiast...

My ultimate goal is to make it as easy as possible for new users (like yourself) to get into the wonderful world of ball vapes, flower dabs, etc

So please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you on your combustion free journey :rockon:
Hey guys. 1st post on the forum here too. Have read thousands of posts on Ball Vapes and finally pulled the trigger. Couldn't go past this deal, and the Screwballs intuitive design. Also being from New Zealand, we don't have many options and saw they did international shipping was a bonus. Can't wait for this thing. It's my 1st Ball Vape too and I'm like a little kid at Christmas, checking my emails and the forums daily lol. So pumped to try. Cheers from New Zealand.
So awesome to hear! And also thanks for taking the time to join us here :wave:

As mentioned above, my goal is to make it as easy as possible for you to make your first vape purchase. Again, let me know if you have any questions or how I can assist :rockon:

The date was pushed back on the site. It says Dec 1 to dec 8 in the shipping info field. I don't know if it only applies to new pre-order.
I swear y'all are ninjas with information sometimes... :o

I updated the site this morning after receiving the update (mentioned above).

Orders will go out as soon as I have kits in my hands, and am still working on getting caught up on my inboxes/messages/prizes.

Hoping to be all caught up by Dec/Jan! Thanks again for everyones patience (especially if you're waiting on a response from me).

Does anyone know of cannabis hardware stands fit this? I'm looking at their Debowler stand for my future screwball but am unsure about the fit.

AFAIK, some people user the Cannabis Hardware stands with the SB, but theres a potential for sticking/ceasing together.

Next Update​

Next update will be the third part of the conduction series. I'll take a deeper dive in the different tests I've done, and use illustrations to help 'visual the screwball vaping experience'

If anyone needs anything please send me an email (hi@vapvana.com)

Cheers,
Cal

LordKahel

I also wanted to know.

LordKahel,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused

@LordKahel
Yes it does.
BUT it can stick. The hot head can slip perfectly onto the Ch stand and stick like a bugger.
At the moment I have it on a slight angle to avoid this. However I'm going to sand it down slightly so it won't stick.

Awesome Cal, love all the info and the fact you’ve shared your process with everyone here, It’s probably the main reason I decided to go with a SB.

I learned a fair bit from reading through this thread so thanks everyone that has contributed, when it arrives here in Australia I’ll be doing my part and letting you know how it is for someone like me who is newly converted to vaping and an ex heavy bong smoker.

I have a question too, apologies if it’s the wrong place to ask but I have a table next to my bed I use as my sesh table and that’s where I’m planing on putting my SB, I’m worried that if I was to drop the housing and spill gems under my bed I may not be able to quickly get them would that be a fire hazard? The floor is a thin carpet where the gems would be able to easily roll and touch other loose items/fabrics that are under there at the moment. I’m a dumbass so sorry again if this is also a stupid question.

Last edited:

TedJones

@Slimjob Dopamine Congrats on your purchase! I haven’t read any stories as of yet, of a fire resulting from a ball vape drop. Of course doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened or impossible. Plenty of instances of folks singeing/melting their carpet and ruining the coil/hosing though (and the coil is hotter than the rubies, right??). Also haven’t seen any mention of ball release from a drop either. Think the quality one’s retain them fairly well. My preference is just to have it turned off when not in use :uhoh: Enjoy and stay safe!

coolbreeze

Awesome Cal, love all the info and the fact you’ve shared your process with everyone here, It’s probably the main reason I decided to go with a SB.

I learned a fair bit from reading through this thread so thanks everyone that has contributed, when it arrives here in Australia I’ll be doing my part and letting you know how it is for someone like me who is newly converted to vaping and an ex heavy bong smoker.

I have a question too, apologies if it’s the wrong place to ask but I have a table next to my bed I use as my sesh table and that’s where I’m planing on putting my SB, I’m worried that if I was to drop the housing and spill gems under my bed I may not be able to quickly get them would that be a fire hazard? The floor is a thin carpet where the gems would be able to easily roll and touch other loose items/fabrics that are under there at the moment. I’m a dumbass so sorry again if this is also a stupid question.
Get yourself a metal serving tray with a rim, big enough for your setup. Put down a silicone mat for extra heat protection/non-slip. Now you have some ball-protection and portability: you can move the whole setup to the porch, or the living room, or...
IMG-4988.jpg

You could add some reassurance by substituting the hanger stand for a ceramic coffee mug stand.

Last edited:
@Slimjob Dopamine Congrats on your purchase! I haven’t read any stories as of yet, of a fire resulting from a ball vape drop. Of course doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened or impossible. Plenty of instances of folks singeing/melting their carpet and ruining the coil/hosing though (and the coil is hotter than the rubies, right??). Also haven’t seen any mention of ball release from a drop either. Think the quality one’s retain them fairly well. My preference is just to have it turned off when not in use :uhoh: Enjoy and stay safe!
Thanks for the reply. Im generally pretty careful (never broke a bong or any glass piece) and I’ll take extra care with a hot ass piece of metal in my room haha so I should be ok, for me I'd also put safety and not ruining the coil/housing over convenience so I’ll probably be doing the same as you and have it turned off if I’m not using it.

Edit- @coolbreeze saw your comment after my post, thats a great idea, I’ve been thinking about a mat but didn’t think about a tray like that, cheers :rockon:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Post a function video of that new glass. Also, check out skyglassinc on insta for a future collab. They do custom work and have CRAZY function. I'm sure they'd work with you on a design for something very scientific

jbm

Post a function video of that new glass. Also, check out skyglassinc on insta for a future collab. They do custom work and have CRAZY function. I'm sure they'd work with you on a design for something very scientific
I can’t wait to get my SB on my lunar bubbler/splashcatcher. Been using it with my bak and liking it more and more all the time.

JohnnyTorres

Thanks for the reply. Im generally pretty careful (never broke a bong or any glass piece) and I’ll take extra care with a hot ass piece of metal in my room haha so I should be ok, for me I'd also put safety and not ruining the coil/housing over convenience so I’ll probably be doing the same as you and have it turned off if I’m not using it.

Edit- @coolbreeze saw your comment after my post, thats a great idea, I’ve been thinking about a mat but didn’t think about a tray like that, cheers :rockon:
I'm going to be hooking mine up to a wi-fi outlet for a compromise between convenience and safety. I hate finding a plug every time, but I've got dogs that get rowdy so I can't leave it on.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.

480f the video uploading will update also have a video sesh video in 30 minutes sections wear I started at the temperature down to 300 I believe
The consistency of the roast is so much better than the Freight Train Pro at the same temperature (only pure convection ball vape I have for comparison) and looks more like its come out of my 360. Impressive.

VapingYogi,
Reactions: Vapvana

2pumpchump

The consistency of the roast is so much better than the Freight Train Pro at the same temperature (only pure convection ball vape I have for comparison) and looks more like its come out of my 360. Impressive.
As promised here is the video of that roast sorry my net took so long.

Vapvana

Manufacturer

Conduction: Friend or Foe for Flavor? [Part 3 of 3]​

Cooking Variables: Time vs Temperature​

When cooking something, there are typically two main variables in play - time & temperature

If the temperature increases, it takes less time to reach our desired internal temperature.
If the temperature decreases, it takes more time to reach our desired internal temperature

It's also important to note that the amount of product (herb) you're cooking impacts the variables.

One Hit Extractions vs Sesh Style​

IMO, one hit extractions and sesh style vaping are users method for solving the variables above: time and temperature.
  • One Hit Extraction​

• When you want a 'one hit extraction', it means we are trying to fully cook (extract) our herb in one breath - aka a defined amount of time.
    • From my experience, it seems like a 'one hit extraction' means you want to reach your desired herb end temp within one 3 to 10 second inhale.
    • Because we are solving for the time variable, it means we are going to adjust our air temperature to reach our desired herb temp within the length of one inhale (~5 seconds).
  • Sesh Style​

• When you want to vape your herb 'sesh style', it means we are trying to fully cook (extract) our herb to our desired end temp by adjusting the temperature variable instead.
    • IMO, sesh style implies we are going to slowly roast our herb by setting our desired end temp and continuing to inhale until we get there.
    • Because we are defining the temperature variable, it means the time variable will solve itself.
    • (Higher temps = less time. Lower temps = more time)

Visualizing The (Screw)Ball Vape Experience​

(this section is intended to use the various temperature tests I've ran to help visualize the vaping experience. Some numbers may be estimates and not exact.)

(the video is only meant to show how I conducted the tests below)

Tests Conducted:
  • Conduction heat test by taking the internal temp of the bowl with herb
    • Same test was done without herb in bowl
  • Convection heat test with herb in bowl
Test Results Graph:
conduction-test-results.png

My Interpretations:

• IMO, it was interesting to see the heating capabilities of using conduction only.
    • I wouldn't recommend a preheat for more than 30s
    • I'd imagine the heater would look something like this:
      sb-30s-preheat-illustration.png

• It seems like the SB and ball vapes are mainly convection devices (regardless of diffuser vs injector style)
    • and the convection works off heat retention with the rubies/media, which is why the air temp decreases over time because they cool off as you inhale.
  • It was interesting to see the yellow temp decrease from 30s to 40s while the SB housing was still on the bowl
    • this tells me that the conduction isn't strong enough to heat the herb as high as the convection air can

One Hit Extraction vs Sesh Style Chart​

Because your air temp changes the time it takes to roast your herb, I'd imagine a chart would look like:
SB_Convector_Power_Curve.png

Notes:
  • Depending on your personal preferences, you can adjust the temperature to reach your desired herb doneness (internal temp) in multiple ways

• I prefer to go 'low and slow' to stay in the 'flavor zone' as long as possible.
  • Preheating your herb changes the starting temp, which changes the end temp.​

• IMO, this is why hybrid/conduction vapes make you feel more 'stoney' -> because you are able to reach a higher internal temp of the herb using conduction to make the convection heat transfer more efficiently

sb-preheat-powercurve-graph.png

• Ball vapes work off of heat retention, which is how the wireless ones work well without an attached coil.​

• Because the air is heated via retained heat, there is a finite amount of time you can inhale for
    • If there isn't enough stored heat to roast your herb in one inhale, you need to let your 'heat chamber' recharge before inhaling again
    • If you set your temp too low, you won't have enough stored heat to finish your herb in one inhale
    • I'd imagine a temp chart of a sesh style would look like this:
      ohe-vs-sesh-heatup-ref.png

• Injectors should have better flavor for one hit extractions (than diffusers) because there is lower starting air temperature (Assuming the PID is set to the same temp)​

• Since injectors have to preheat the air path, it leads to starting with a lower air temp before reaching an equilibrium
    • IMO, because the air is starting at a lower temp, it is activating more terps which is giving it more flavor.
    • I recommend turning your PID (air) temp down when using a diffuser to compensate for the temp difference
    • I'd imagine a heating chart would look something like:
    • diffuser-vs-injector-air-temp.png

Conclusions​

Based off of my tests and personal experience, these are my opinions about ball vapes, conduction and flavor:
  • Flavor comes from your starting material (terp %) and how you heat your herb (terp activation)​

• To maximize flavor, use a starting material with high terpene %
    • To maximize flavor, activate 100% of your terps without overheating
    • Conduction doesn't lead to bad flavor, it leads to overheating
      • overheating your herb will cause bad (burnt popcorn) flavor, not the heating method.
      • both convection and conduction can overheat your herb
      • if you never overheat heat, you will never experience the bad flavors
  • Conduction helps with more efficient heat transfer​

• Conduction helps your convection air exchange heat more efficiently
      • this allows for your herb to reach a higher internal temp than using convection alone
      • this is why people feel more 'stoney' from conduction
    • You can lower your convection air temps when utilizing conduction
      • users should adjust their convection air temps when using a hybrid vaporizer
    • 100% of convection vaporizers utilize conduction heating
      • Because conduction and radiant heat are inevitable - how do we use these factors to our advantage?
  • Ball vapes work mainly from heat retention​

• Most/all ball vapes are able to retain enough heat for one hit extractions
      • If your goal is a one hit extraction, you can turn the PID hot enough to reach your desired herb temp
      • Injectors may be better for a more flavorful hit due to the inefficient heating
    • The lower your PID/air temp, the more efficient your vape has to be with heat transfer
      • If your goal is sesh style extraction, it's important to maximize the amount of stored heat that gets transferred into your herb
      • Because there is a finite amount of heat, you may have to let your vape 'recharge' before inhaling again.

Final Thoughts​

IMO, roasting/vaping your herb is a lot like cooking a steak.

There are different preferences for the user's desired doneness (internal temp) and various ways to reach that goal.

You can cook your steak hot and fast on the grill (one hit extractions), or go low and slow with a sous vide (sesh style). Either way, we are getting to the same end point.

Regardless of your personal preference, knowing how these devices (ball vapes) work and the different variables in play, we can make informed decisions on how to get our desired outcome.

There is no right or wrong way to cook your herb, just our perception on what's best for our individual goals.

Happy vaping,
Cal

Vapvana

Manufacturer
@LordKahel
Yes it does.
BUT it can stick. The hot head can slip perfectly onto the Ch stand and stick like a bugger.

Deluxe Stand Ideas​

I've thought about some ideas for an upgraded stand, but haven't come up with much yet.

Here are my current concerns:
  • Using a stand with a post turns it into a heat sink
    • Because the SB uses hybrid heating, anything that goes into the housing will continue to absorb heat
    • Using a post also slows down the heat up time compared to a hanger style
  • The hanger style isn't 100% secure from slipping/pulling
    • the benefit of the post style is the increased security
    • how can we get the benefit of dedicated stand without using a heat post?
I still need to work through some ideas, but I'd imagine the deluxe version uses some type of wood + metal combo to make it more elegant + functional.

Please let me know if you have any concepts or ideas for a deluxe stand :)

Glad you've been enjoying the info!

In regards to the gems falling out - I need to do further stress testing with the current version (that has a c-clip for safety), but I highly doubt any gems will fall out from dropping the heater.

My biggest concern would be the coil melting the carpet / floor - but there are plans for a coil guard in the future.

Another benefit of the SB having an efficient heater - the coil temps operate lower than alternatives, which make it slightly safer (400f - 500f coil temps compared to 500f-700f)

The PIDs have a built in auto shutoff timer too - so you can have it shutoff after 0-5 hours.

Although I have accidentally left my vape on overnight.... so be careful when choosing the 0 hour auto shutoff :)
Get yourself a metal serving tray with a rim, big enough for your setup. Put down a silicone mat for extra heat protection/non-slip. Now you have some ball-protection and portability: you can move the whole setup to the porch, or the living room, or...
IMG-4988.jpg

You could add some reassurance by substituting the hanger stand for a ceramic coffee mug stand.
Love the vape setup!

Good idea with the tray - and I also use an anti slip mat to help with my PID/stand slipping.
There are a bunch of artists/companies I plan on sending a SB to at some point, like Ashme, 2kglassart, Sky, Fluid, etc

My goal is to have more artists focus on glass specifically for dry herb vaping.

Next Update​

I'm in the process of getting organized for the first round of kits being sent.

100 out of 175 are on the way, and once the tracking updates I will start reaching out to presale orders on an individual basis with an updated ETA.

Please let me know if you have any questions before then.

Thanks again to everyones patience!

Talk soon,
Cal

purplenurple24

Wi

Deluxe Stand Ideas​

I've thought about some ideas for an upgraded stand, but haven't come up with much yet.

Here are my current concerns:
  • Using a stand with a post turns it into a heat sink
    • Because the SB uses hybrid heating, anything that goes into the housing will continue to absorb heat
    • Using a post also slows down the heat up time compared to a hanger style
  • The hanger style isn't 100% secure from slipping/pulling
    • the benefit of the post style is the increased security
    • how can we get the benefit of dedicated stand without using a heat post?
I still need to work through some ideas, but I'd imagine the deluxe version uses some type of wood + metal combo to make it more elegant + functional.

Please let me know if you have any concepts or ideas for a deluxe stand :)

Glad you've been enjoying the info!

In regards to the gems falling out - I need to do further stress testing with the current version (that has a c-clip for safety), but I highly doubt any gems will fall out from dropping the heater.

My biggest concern would be the coil melting the carpet / floor - but there are plans for a coil guard in the future.

Another benefit of the SB having an efficient heater - the coil temps operate lower than alternatives, which make it slightly safer (400f - 500f coil temps compared to 500f-700f)

The PIDs have a built in auto shutoff timer too - so you can have it shutoff after 0-5 hours.

Although I have accidentally left my vape on overnight.... so be careful when choosing the 0 hour auto shutoff :)

Love the vape setup!

Good idea with the tray - and I also use an anti slip mat to help with my PID/stand slipping.

There are a bunch of artists/companies I plan on sending a SB to at some point, like Ashme, 2kglassart, Sky, Fluid, etc

My goal is to have more artists focus on glass specifically for dry herb vaping.

Next Update​

I'm in the process of getting organized for the first round of kits being sent.

100 out of 175 are on the way, and once the tracking updates I will start reaching out to presale orders on an individual basis with an updated ETA.

Please let me know if you have any questions before then.

Thanks again to everyones patience!

Talk soon,
Cal
Thanks for the regular updates Cal!

I’m curious if you’re shipping orders in the order they came in? I ordered back in mid-October so hoping I’ll be within those first 100 orders, but I guess I’ll find out one way or another soon.

Top Bottom