• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Sandbox: Make test posts here

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
OK, lets see if we can figure this out. Test 1.
View attachment 11626
Test 2
image005.jpg

Having trouble figuring this out. It may not be possible...

Oh, maybe it CAN be done...

OK, I could have fixed that if I had gotten to it early enough. Now I know.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, in case anyone is interested, when actually attaching photos it is much harder to combine posts than when you are linking to a hosting site. When doing the latter it is just like a simple post cause it is going elsewhere for the image. The attached image is just a little harder to combine and actually seems to require attaching it again rather than just pointing to the previous attachment. Ya cant just copy it like you can do with text.

Live and learn. That second photo disproves the Golden Girl made up asphyxiation from Goldfinger.

cybrguy,
Reactions: arb

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
VonG3.jpg

Pointing to an image is still working...

cybrguy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, are you guys intending to bring back local image storage or will we be using hosting services for the foreseeable future? Not a problem for me but obviously many users don't really get how to do that.

Nevermind. I noticed in another thread that you intend to bring it back.

Last edited:
cybrguy,
Reactions: Jill NYC

dron19

So, are you guys intending to bring back local image storage or will we be using hosting services for the foreseeable future? Not a problem for me but obviously many users don't really get how to do that.

Nevermind. I noticed in another thread that you intend to bring it back.
I keep searching and nothing pops up on posting pics.... can you post the links of this discussion please?? I posted in clasdifieds not knowing I couldn't post s pic any more using this site... i closed down my post image account and don't get if i need to open another one or wtf...
thanks!! I def appreciate any help

dron19,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Currently you need to use a image hosting site like imgbb.com. You upload a picture there and then point to it in a link here. I have described that a few times in this thread. Here is one of those descriptions...

I put asterisks in the image links to stop the images from showing. You don't want to use the asterisks.

Imgbb.com is only one of several image hosting sites...

cybrguy,
Reactions: Jill NYC

dron19

But what happened to posting pics directly on this site?? Am I crazy or wasn't I doing that a few weeks ago?

dron19,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The mods are working on something apparently and have temporarily suspended attaching images. It's not hard to use hosted images and doesn't require FC to give up storage space for them. We used it this way for years.

cybrguy,

SixStringToker

Naked member
Testing Flickr to see if I can use one of their various resized download links so that I can post images w/o having to manually resize them to something the forums won't reject with an ambiguous message.

Test #1 - Original Image (9504px x 6336px), 100% chance of failure:
51632333830_8006b637b5_o_d.jpg

Test #2 - Xtra-Large Image (6144px x 4096px), likely gonna fail:
51632333830_9d9915633d_6k_d.jpg

Test #3 - Large Image (2048px x 1365px), this one should work:
51632333830_4723ab73ba_k_d.jpg

:: drum roll ::

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

Attachments

• IMG_3125.JPG
    IMG_3125.JPG