The Pinky: an open-source DIY injector style thermal extraction device

Glorg

Got my last bits to put this together, Auber rdk300 with Auber coil, 4mm quartz beads. Holy hell this vape slaps! I had fun with the highlighter diy kit but that vape just isn’t my jam really and I never liked the coil on a elev8r compared to native torch mode, but this pinky is perfect and I have some random bowls that are working great, a old bubble style flower slide that fits a 1/2 basket screen and seals perfect and a heady horn slide that fits a basket or weirdly the metal bowl from a vleaf go that’s working wildly well for hash. So far after testing my ending temp was 555 I’m curious what temps others are rolling with. Time to make a little handle and stand and call it done. I feel like I might finally get my money’s worth out of that Auber lol I got it for the elv8r and a enail and then just realized I like torches better for dabs and the elev8r.

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
Got my last bits to put this together, Auber rdk300 with Auber coil, 4mm quartz beads. Holy hell this vape slaps! I had fun with the highlighter diy kit but that vape just isn’t my jam really and I never liked the coil on a elev8r compared to native torch mode, but this pinky is perfect and I have some random bowls that are working great, a old bubble style flower slide that fits a 1/2 basket screen and seals perfect and a heady horn slide that fits a basket or weirdly the metal bowl from a vleaf go that’s working wildly well for hash. So far after testing my ending temp was 555 I’m curious what temps others are rolling with. Time to make a little handle and stand and call it done. I feel like I might finally get my money’s worth out of that Auber lol I got it for the elv8r and a enail and then just realized I like torches better for dabs and the elev8r.

Nice! I saw a great handle idea on r/vaportent here. Using a 3d printed handle wrapped in some paracord, pretty neat.

shopdognyc

Has anyone tried to use one of these with a sticky brick? I would love something like this for my Maxx to make it more user friendly for friends.
The seal isn’t so great so don’t think works so well at least not for me.

Works great on the flip and noisy cricket

shopdognyc,

Kushfriendly420

most stoned dutch person
Hello, i am looking for a alternative for the inspire wand banger, im EU based i would love to know the size i need to insert a pinky ,, hehe

Kushfriendly420,
Reactions: Glorg

Therapy

How different is it to the DC-elev8r? I love mine with the balls and wonder if building one of these would be worth it.

Also, has anyone tried it with a Eleva8r bowl?

Therapy,

SavageCore

Just wanted to come back and update everyone now that I've built my Pinky. My part list has the wrong screens linked. The 3/4" I got from eBay and the 1/2" basket I didn't find a good UK source for but thankfully already had a couple lying around. Follow vaporoufixtras's advice for sourcing those.

She rips and seems to offer more flavour over my showerhead B1 combo. The only hard part is getting the coil on, my Nozzle seemed real stubborn, ripped my hands to bits twisting that in there.

Final advice... get some spares. No doubt a friend or two will want one :lol:

VincentTheHealer

Hello, i am looking for a alternative for the inspire wand banger, im EU based i would love to know the size i need to insert a pinky ,, hehe
I know there is a guy on reddit that used a longer nozzle with the same width that make it fit more "conventionnal" injector bowls such as the el8vr bowl and the like. Maybe that could be an avenue for you.

badbee

I found using a tinymight basket screen pushed together with the rimed screen provides a more positive fit and gave a nice “click” when pushed in tight.
Is that what is holding the beads in place? Do you have any pictures of the screen outside the glass and/or as it is ready to be inserted? It doesn't seem very secure, how would you judge the risk of a hot ball disaster?

badbee,

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer

Hey man, I'm EU based too. Why are you looking for an alternative, do you want a specific design or because of cost? Because you can get it delivered for 30€ from LCV, even cheaper than VGoodiEZ.

vaporoufixtras,
Reactions: Rainerw97

Kushfriendly420

most stoned dutch person
Hey man, I'm EU based too. Why are you looking for an alternative, do you want a specific design or because of cost? Because you can get it delivered for 30€ from LCV, even cheaper than VGoodiEZ.
hi yes i could order that one , but i would like to keep it under 10 bucks, i wanna make it as cheap as possible just for the hell of it , hahah

Kushfriendly420,

Taco

Can anyone suggest a compatable bowl on Amazon or DHgate? Some mentioned it works with standard 14mm bowls that come with bongs, but I'd like to get an extra just to be safe.

wubba-lubba-dub-dub

did you do anything to keep the coil on the glass as both materials may expand at different rates?
No, I had to tighten my coil a little but that’s it. I’ve been using for for two weeks now and had no movement, it’s still nice a tight.

Is that what is holding the beads in place? Do you have any pictures of the screen outside the glass and/or as it is ready to be inserted? It doesn't seem very secure, how would you judge the risk of a hot ball disaster?

I’ve found it to be secure, I’ve given it a fair few test taps and not been able to make it pop out. It’s wedged in there pretty tight, I don’t see it ever being an issue. Sorry no photos as I keep forgetting to take one before heating it up! Lol but it’s just a standard rimmed basket screen (like original instructions you kinda squish it) then I’ve just added extra rimless basket almost like shim. This giving me a nice click tight fit. Honesty you have to whack it hard af to get the thing to come out

wubba-lubba-dub-dub,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Vitolo

Vaporist
I'm really proud of this one.....
You should be proud!
The simplicity, dimensions, and function are ideal.
DSC07227.jpg

Last edited:

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
You should be proud!
The simplicity, dimensions, and function are ideal.
DSC07227.jpg

Hi Vitolo. I'm looking for a stand and the idea of cigar ashtrays crossed my mind. I see you're using an ashtray too, what material is that? Does the hot part of the coil ever come in contact with it?

vaporoufixtras,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I see you're using an ashtray too, what material is that?
The Ashtray is made of Bakelite, which is the hard black plastic compound used for old liquid medicine jars (ie: cough syrup), as well as handles for Cookware.
It does not at any time now touch the ashtray. (but it did earlier)
While it does not burn, I am taking no chance here, as I only rest the wooden handle on this ashtray. There is a heavy stone in the ashtray holding it solidly weighted in it's position so that the coil stays put. Prior to the stone, I used the cigarette notches to hold the coil... without damage, but I felt insecure about the weight. Pinky is a light weight tool. The stone balances the equation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom