The Pinky: an open-source DIY injector style thermal extraction device

DRAG-0n

a great way to use this is to buy two #8 alumina ceramic tig parts. Use a silicone o ring over the bottom part of #1 alumina ceramic tig part connecting to an 18mm joint of bubble/waterpipe. This creates a full seal. Then use a dremel with part 9901HP to hollow out the larger part of #1 piece. This will allow the #2 alumina ceramic (with rubies, saphire balls etc),to sit flush with the #1piece and allow for almost full airflow, pics coming soon. Hits great thank yall for all the input

Flow

a great way to use this is to buy two #8 alumina ceramic tig parts. Use a silicone o ring over the bottom part of #1 alumina ceramic tig part connecting to an 18mm joint of bubble/waterpipe. This creates a full seal. Then use a dremel with part 9901HP to hollow out the larger part of #1 piece. This will allow the #2 alumina ceramic (with rubies, saphire balls etc),to sit flush with the #1piece and allow for almost full airflow, pics coming soon. Hits great thank yall for all the input
Hi @DRAG-0n,
Any pics please ?

Flow,

DRAG-0n

quick pics,just helps seal the air a bit better for me, i might grind some more out but honestly dont want to mess up what is already working well

Displaying 20220211_104614.jpg Displaying 20220211_104601.jpg Displaying 20220210_131656.jpg Displaying 20220211_104700.jpg

DRAG-0n,

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
I have a disorderly conduction controller, can someone link me a good cheap coil that's compatible with the pinky? My other coil is in use and too big I think (20mm, yeah?). Is there a parts list for the brain somewhere; I don't trust the alumina.

Edit: The brain piece is here.

Last edited:

manakata

if anyone is looking for PID and coils i bought 2 sets of PID and Coil. High Five Enails has a promo right now if you buy a PID and Coil kit you get another for free. so i ended up with 2 PIDs and 2 20mm coils for $211.. maybe you can go halfers with someone but the promo ends in 18 hours from this message and the code is on their website.....they work great with my FP i tested one and i actually like it better than the auber i got of CH also the coils are not compatible with CH PID or Auber. just thought i let you guys know FYI since im working on a DYI ball vape myself. just experimenting.

SavageCore

Here's a build list for the UK.

For the Pinky:

1. #8 53N61S TIG Nozzle (eBay)
  2. 1/2" Stainless Steel Pipe Screen (Amazon)
  3. 3mm Ruby balls (Recommended Vape Supplies)
Injector Bowl:

1. Ispire Wand Banger (Vapefiend Straight/Angled)
  2. 3/4" Stainless Steel Pipe Screen (Amazon)
Extras/Safety:

1. QaromaShop Stand (Recommended Vape Supplies)
  2. Coil/Enail
    • Flowerpot 20mm Coil (Vapefiend (Black XLR Plug))
    • Flowerpot Coil + Controller (Vapefiend)
  3. Wood Handle (Recommended Vape Supplies) or Flowerpot Handle (Vapefiend)
Other ball options:
  1. Corundum
  2. Borosilicate

Also will add to this thread AWistfulNihilist's video building theirs:

(starts at 3:50)

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
Pinky international parts list
Taken from 420Vapezone discord (credit to HarryWC, minor edits by me)

Pinky injector & PID:
Bowl:
So then all you need is an AC power cable (depending on the power socket you chose) and a way to cut the holes for the sockets in the back plate of the enclosure if you decide to install it.
If you want to avoid doing any wiring yourself you can get this kit and skip the first five items from the PID list. It also includes a carrying case and some other stuff but it's 30€ more expensive: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002267928962.html

You can don't have to get an enail handle as the Pinky is very light. Regarding the stand there isn't any particularly good budget option out there (that includes a heatshield) but you can simply use a ceramic coffee mug.

P-FINAL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
concerned about the pinky material for daily or long term use

I was looking into this right now as I'm deciding on the material of the body of the injector (alumina for pinky, boro for brain, titanium for titi).
From what I found the cup used in the pinky is made from pink alumina oxide which is itself made from aluminum oxide and chromium oxide. Safety Data Sheets for both materials (1,2) show that while unhealthy to inhale (as is any kind of mineral dust) they don't cause any big problems. There are always impurities of course.
The material is extremely tough and heat resistant however so I guess there's no need to worry.

Last edited:
vaporoufixtras,
Reactions: Planck

Vasgas

I was looking into this right now as I'm deciding on the material of the body of the injector (alumina for pinky, boro for brain, titanium for titi).
From what I found the cup used in the pinky is made from pink alumina oxide which is itself made from aluminum oxide and chromium oxide. Safety Data Sheets for both materials (1,2) show that while unhealthy to inhale (as is any kind of mineral dust) they don't cause any big problems. There are always impurities of course.
The material is extremely tough and heat resistant however so I guess there's no need to worry.

Vasgas,

Spleeeno

Horsin around
now we all know that inhaling glass dust is fucking horrible while inhaling from a glass airpath is fine. this is the same thing as far as I can tell: as long as there's no powder involved, you're good. also I havent seen anyone get green powder from his pinky yet, so...

Last edited:

Vasgas

now we all know that inhaling glass dust is fucking horrible while inhaling from a glass airpath is fine. this is the same thing as far as I can tell: as long as there's no power involved, you're good. also I havent seen anyone get green powder from his pinky yet, so...
I sure hope so. It says exposure through mouth and skin which is exactly how we use it. That got me worried cos welding don't involve mouths but vaping does. I think the green is raw material. Says colorant for ceramics. I've got my Pinky parts on the way so am looking for some assurance myself. Thankfully switching to brain isn't much of a hassle. DIY rocks :rockon:

Spleeeno

Horsin around
yeah obviously me saying it's safe is just broscience until someone does some tests on offgasing.
I just dont see anyone doing those pricey tests until the material is co-opted by bigger volume manufacturers, and maybe not even in that case...
cause when I look at all those "fda approved material!" stickers on vapes, even though the fda only tests if its foodsafe, not wtf happens with it at vaporization temps... I have some serious doubts :sherlock:

also quite ironic that the only company that provided those (again, very pricey) results for their vapes was S&B, with their mostly plastic and aluminium vapes, both materials with a rich history of alzheimers, infertility and cancer :D vapor seems to be clean though. atleast on the brand new devices used in those tests, now if you'd do the same test with a mighty that had 2 years of constant use... :worms:

Glorg

I use a blend of that green stuff as a honing compound for knife sharpening and stropping, it’s amazingly effective for that and I’ve had no issue with it. Definitely no skin reaction I’m assuming you’d need a decent amount of powder to cause issues. Kind of reminds me of when a specific company was trying to say terp pearls in a quartz banger could cause silicosis but that was a more cartoonish take.

DRAG-0n

now we all know that inhaling glass dust is fucking horrible while inhaling from a glass airpath is fine. this is the same thing as far as I can tell: as long as there's no powder involved, you're good. also I havent seen anyone get green powder from his pinky yet, so...
also there is the pyrex glass option if those are afraid of the alumina ceramic, just in case

Hippie

Is there a standard pyrex nozzle that we can use in the same way?
Or an Alumina nozzle we can use with a 25 or 30mm coil?

I ordered a pyrex #8 nozzle to try but the outside diameter is about 25.9mm so that's no good for a 20mm coil but you may be able to stretch 25mm coil to fit (I don't have one of those to test).
The #8 pyrex nozzle is a pretty good fit on an 18mm female joint so it should work well, if the coil fits.

Hippie,

Spleeeno

Horsin around
well yeah you have to use the pyrex nozzle with 20mm OD for the brain (cause its pinky and the brain...): https://aliexpress.com/item/1005001571424091.html
cause just like with the alumina ones, there are multiple "#8 nozzles" and the more important bit is the part number

edit: oh yeah and keep in mind: installing the screens is a hassle in the pinky, its on a whole nother level in the brain cause its just glass. so unless you plan on sanding some parts to make the screens stick this is the inferior version of the vape in any regard besides taste.

Top Bottom