skynews-africa-lion-kenya_6433698.jpg
300152741-480px.jpg

*Revised

intro-1604420262.jpg

71cBducEzuL._AC_UY1000_.jpg

florduh

Trump's America.
0d17bcc3-5788-40fb-a78c-79a8013f494f.jpeg

These are the people who believe we need to accept a certain number of schoolchildren being torn apart by bullets every year because one day we might need assault rifles to defeat the US military and overthrow the government.

After all, the Viet Cong and the Taliban were able to humiliate the most advanced military on earth. Here's the problem with that...

post-1_image0-53.jpg

AP21231369084677.jpg

The VC and the Taliban didn't produce fighters whose hearts would explode after climbing a single flight of stairs.

florduh,
Reactions: Vitolo
A Recent Dawn in Palm Springs
IMG-3155.jpg
We had another one of those beautiful Palm Springs mornings again. I hate the weather here this time of year (I love the Summers) but with all the clouds, the sunrises and sunsets are pretty darn awesome. I awoke this morning and my entire bedroom was all lit up in red. I went out and grabbed a quick shot. The picture doesn't really do it justice because this fire is all around you 360 degrees, not just in the Eastern sky. Something to do with being surrounded by the mountains. Our best sunsets at night are in the Eastern sky. Pretty darn beautiful here.

florduh

^^^This one took me by surprise. Really enjoyed Carl Weather's movie roles and his stint on The Mandalorian.

Goodbye "Chubbs"

Same, dude. He was a fixture in pop culture for pretty much my entire life. As a little kid in the 90's Predator was a common pick at Blockbuster for sleepovers.

carl-weathers-talks-about-working-on-predator-and-how-it-was-a-constant-competition-to-look-badass.jpg

And when you're like 8 years old Happy Gilmore is like the funniest shit you've ever seen. Then he did his Arrested Development stint when I was in High School/College. And I was watching him in Mandalorian like, last year.

This was an unexpected kick in the nuts.

Pukka

You're telling me these aren't two pictures of the same guy?
Perhaps, but I don't believe so. Eyes are more almondish on bottom; lower lip more pouty on below; lower face quadrant more triangular on below.

Pukka,

florduh

Have you read _11/22/63: A Novel_? I haven't recommended King since he fucked up the Dark Tower series but this fits here.

Loved it. And it's obviously fiction. But ignoring/downplaying Oswald's ties to the Intelligence Community always struck me as a little silly. I don't know if the CIA masterminded the hit. Or if Lee was just an asset who went rogue. But I do know that there was a concerted effort to cover up his ties to the CIA.

If some omniscient alien offered me a billion dollars if I could correctly answer who was most responsible for the JFK assassination...I'd say it was this man:

151013-warren-dulles-tease_wfydhh

Allen Dulles. The first director of the CIA. Until Kennedy fired him. Kinda weird that a "former" spook who hated Jack ended up on the Warren Commission. Probably just a coincidence.

ChooChooCharlie

Sorry to repost this new arrival, but the "sunstone striations" in the sunshine are stellar, the colors glow and shift. Placed on a slate turntable to watch colors change at different angles -- a fancy fidget spinner

Sunstone-Striations-in-sunshine-1.jpg

Sunstone-Striations-in-sunshine-2.jpg

Edit: Changed into evening wear

Sunstone-Striations-at-night.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom