• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Picture Thread

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I just got back from a week at an adult acoustic-oriented music camp. It was heaven! Here is a look at one of last night's impromptu jams.
PSGW.gif

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
If that is what your babe is into, you can do better... :rolleyes:

I have always found Nebulae fascinating and the Butterfly Nebula is a gorgeous one.

The Pillars of creation is one of my other favorites...
pillars_of_creation.jpg

I love thinking of them as star nurseries. And I have always loved Carl Sagan's statement that we are all made of "star stuff"...

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Perseus Galactic Cluster data “sonicfication” (shifting inaudible frequencies from ultra low
To human audible frequencies)

Sonification of Milky Way’s Sagit A visual data
( Assigning different light intensities to different tones/instruments )

A novel way of assigning datasets into audible frequencies, another NASA innovation

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
9381-1280a.jpg

This was the first Sci-Fi movie I saw in the theater, Forbidden planet. Leslie Neilson in a non comedic role, Anne Francis and Walter Pidgin.
When I first heard that black hole sound above in the space thread, I was immediately transported to my childhood experience seeing this movie. If you go to 4:20 of the clip that follows you will see why. The sound effect of the invisible alien approaching their ship is very similar, and it scared the living shit out of me as a child. When the monster started climbing the stairs with them bending under it's weight, I couldn't take it and ran screaming from the theater. Took my brother a couple minutes to calm me down. Amazing in a way that Sci-Fi became my favorite movie genre.

This movie was also the first place we saw Robbie the Robot. He/it appeared in many films after. I had one as a kid, wish I still had it.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
rare rainbows, for your ice man cave

Photos by Matthew Nichols

Meanwhile, far above Mt Rainier on the Kp index of 0-9 , both September 3rd, and 4th, are Kp 6 which translates into lively Auroras down into the upper 48, with Sept 5th having displays further north, with a Kp of 5.

Top Bottom