Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

OF

So I could do oil. Them stop. Swap carts and do herb.
That is what i am looking for. Does the Hercules 3.7v that you sell on your web site do that? If not where can I get the one that does?

That you can do with no problem. Run some oil in an Omicron cart on your Persei (2.4 Ohms at 3.7 Volts recommended) then "stop. Swap carts and do herb" (I assume you meant "then", not "them"). All you need to do is keep the herb in the 'herb only 3.7 Volt Hercules cart' and keep the oil in the 'oil only Omicron cart' and you're golden.

The 'swap the carts' part being the key.

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
You want to get the 7.4v Herc cart, ok so that's going back up soon as we get the Teflon parts.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

Bugsy

VapeHare
It seems like there are 2 dates for the updated Herc parts, mid and end of Feb. G are you sending parts out twice or doing it all at once?

Tanhands

That you can do with no problem. Run some oil in an Omicron cart on your Persei (2.4 Ohms at 3.7 Volts recommended) then "stop. Swap carts and do herb" (I assume you meant "then", not "them"). All you need to do is keep the herb in the 'herb only 3.7 Volt Hercules cart' and keep the oil in the 'oil only Omicron cart' and you're golden.

The 'swap the carts' part being the key.

OF

I have never had a problem doing both. I have multiple portable vapes. Your car can work as a truck if you mount a truck bed to the back every time you want to use it. (Ya I know that's stupid but I smoke pot, and have done it once)

Scientific figured out what I want. The 7.4v Herc looks like all you have to do is take that little round oil chamber out and then you are set for herb. Or remove the herb and fill the little oil chamber. See NOT trying to do herb and oil at the same time. That is what I want and he says it will be here soon.

Tanhands,

OF

Scientific figured out what I want. The 7.4v Herc looks like all you have to do is take that little round oil chamber out and then you are set for herb. Or remove the herb and fill the little oil chamber. See NOT trying to do herb and oil at the same time. That is what I want and he says it will be here soon.

Great, glad to hear you're getting what you want.

FWIW I'm betting that switch routine will also call for a careful cleaning 'both ways'. Unless it's different from mine in final version bud will be sticking to the residual oil and bud ending up in with the oil configuration is going to be burning before the oil vaping gets going first. Residual oil in the herb may or may not be a problem depending on your tastes and desires?

I'd still be switching carts (as I do now I guess) but it sounds like the 7.4 Volt Hercules (when it's again available) is what you want to try and it is your call.

Good luck with your search.

OF

OF,

dingramunit4

so i basically made an account here just to ask this question:
im planning to get a portable pen vape soon, most likely a persei but im so confused. i want to vape herbs and ejuice. do i need the persei vaporizer kit AND the hercules? or can i get this (http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=The-Hammer-with-Persei-Black-Top) and the hercules? or another combination...? i dont really want to spend $280 or whatever it isfor the vape kit and hercules if i dont need to.

dingramunit4,

DubCRider

Persei comes with carts for oil. You will need the Hercules or Bender to Vape herb on the Persei. The bender is more of a convection Vape where Herc is conduction.

DubCRider,
Reactions: OF

DubCRider

Yes, all attachments can be run on the tops included with a Persei. The Hammer comes with it's own top(on/off switch rather than momentary) but it can be run on the normal top too(bender comes with just the cart and not the on/off top).

DubCRider,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
It seems like there are 2 dates for the updated Herc parts, mid and end of Feb. G are you sending parts out twice or doing it all at once?

Mid Feb we ship out the replacement parts ie bottom connector, shield and mouth piece, end of Feb-mid March we should have the prototype heater for testing. Hope this clears it up.

dingramunit4

Yes, all attachments can be run on the tops included with a Persei. The Hammer comes with it's own top(on/off switch rather than momentary) but it can be run on the normal top too(bender comes with just the cart and not the on/off top).
alright i think i get it now. so if i got the hammer with the base and the hercules for herbs and oils, i should be able to do everything im trying to do since theyre both 7.4v... right? would there be any significant differences between that set up and the persei vape kit, besides the on/off button?

dingramunit4,

OF

The bender is more of a convection Vape where Herc is conduction.

Interesting. I'd always considered Bender radiation based, at least for the most part. I don't recall having to pull a lot on it to get it up to temperature like you would with HA and other more conventional convection vapes. I'd better go dig mine out and have another look. I figured the discoloration on the top of the bulb was because there was no convection to clear stuff out?

OF

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Was feeling lazy today using the Persei I I got tired of switching back between 3.7 and 7.4 for oil and ejuice. so I was using the 5 ohm on 3.7 and its working surprisingly well with a fresh load and being broken in with over 1.5g's now I suppose. A few long and slow pulls on it and I was surprised at how large the clouds are considering that I am running at 1/4 of the power then normal. I'm somewhere around 3 1/2 watts with a fully charged battery compared to the 14 watts that I push with stuff on 7.4 with a full battery. The Persei is such a beast :tup:

VapeStL

I just received a Persei head with the SS tubes. Even w/fully charged 18650 batts the blue button just blinks, I can't get the Persei to fire. Is there a trick or a button code to press to get it on?

VapeStL,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Was feeling lazy today using the Persei I I got tired of switching back between 3.7 and 7.4 for oil and ejuice. so I was using the 5 ohm on 3.7 and its working surprisingly well with a fresh load and being broken in with over 1.5g's now I suppose. A few long and slow pulls on it and I was surprised at how large the clouds are considering that I am running at 1/4 of the power then normal. I'm somewhere around 3 1/2 watts with a fully charged battery compared to the 14 watts that I push with stuff on 7.4 with a full battery. The Persei is such a beast :tup:

Thats what id been saying all along. Even though its much less power it still drills it. The Battery lasts forever and the cartridge contents last even longer than normal.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I just received a Persei head with the SS tubes. Even w/fully charged 18650 batts the blue button just blinks, I can't get the Persei to fire. Is there a trick or a button code to press to get it on?

have you tried different cartridges? does it do it without the cartridge?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

VapeStL

I got it to work fine, just can't screw the cart in all the way or the lights blink again. Thx!

VapeStL,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I got it to work fine, just can't screw the cart in all the way or the lights blink again. Thx!

Try a different cart screwed in all the way if it still does it and you got the unit recently and have a receipt then send it in and we will replace it, as this might be a defective top.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: ataxian

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hercules Replacement parts are ready to be shipped out, bottom pieces, shells, and mouth pieces.

If you ordered from us, please call in with your order number and you will verify your address on the Hercules order and we will send out replacements.

Anyone who did not order from us, please contact us and we will give you directions how to follow.

OF

Persei Replacement parts are ready to be shipped out, bottom pieces, shells, and mouth pieces.

If you ordered from us, please call in with your order number and you will verify your address on the Hercules order and we will send out replacements.

Anyone who did not order from us, please contact us and we will give you directions how to follow.

Cool. Is there any reason not to wait until the rest of the upgrade is ready.....not that I don't relish an extra trip to the PO to sign for the package but if it's not going to fix the Hercules I'd rather do it once than twice.

TIA

OF

OF,
Reactions: Darb

oddvegan

oddvegan
Ok here with another question or two...
Can cartridges be reused and if so do they have to be cleaned and how?

oddvegan,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
yes, you need to bring in your old parts if you wish or when your here you need to bring a copy of your reciept so we can verify in our database.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom