Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Darb

Just got my 4ohm test carts. 15 days. Slow shipping to Canada.
Came in a shoebox sized box.
Ordered a second box of carts at the same time.
Shipping and customs killed me...$88.10 for two five packs!!
Not bashing W9. They were nice enough to let me test the carts for free.
Will follow with review.

SlideOrDie

Nice review... Very thorough.
And I think you accomplished as much testing in a couple days, that I have accomplished in 2 weeks in three carts. Must have been some fun testing, I don't think I'm capable of testing more than .2/.3 per day....nice work.

Thanks man, I took the past week off of work so I was definitely prepared for the 4 days of testing lol... made a bunch of Bubba wax in advance for the week :)

Was definitely a fun week... I dab avg of 1-1.5g of oil/wax/budder daily so my tolerance is a bit ridiculous lol. That being said, consuming the 5-6g in 4 days was a task in the Persei because it's so efficient when compared to dabbing.

I've still got a half oz of Master Kush BHO and 10g or so left of OG wax so the rest of these 4ohm testers are in for one hell of a work out :D

Krazy

Been gone, life and such. Multiple family and friends in the ICU actually. While I do promise to catch up on this thread I really hope that someone can help me out with a bit of quick information.

Is the digital top Persei hitting the market any time soon? If so I will hold off. Otherwise I will cowboy up and order a Persei this weekend. I have a few g of budder in the freezer just waiting to vap. Took a quick look at delta9vapes and saw the 8. Is that something I need to be aware of before ordering a Persei?

Thanks in advance for anyone that helps me out with info.

Krazy,
I think both the 8 and LCD top are both attachments for the future. ETA...no one knows. But the persei will fit all of the new goodies, so it might not be a bad buy now to get used to it? My opinion is it f*****g rocks, and is only getting better in time.

havealight101,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

OF

I think both the 8 and LCD top are both attachments for the future. ETA...no one knows. But the persei will fit all of the new goodies, so it might not be a bad buy now to get used to it? My opinion is it f*****g rocks, and is only getting better in time.

I agree with the Brother. Every day without it is another day without it. Very little to gain by waiting and you could be getting to know it. The current one is way more than needed to drive a cart and will be the basis for all the cool stuff to come. I don't think you'll regret it.

Sorry to hear of your family problems, Krazy.

OF

hatfieldsmama

can anyone provide some nice specific directions on how to use a multi meter to check the voltage output from the persei? thanks in advance

hatfieldsmama,

SlideOrDie

can anyone provide some nice specific directions on how to use a multi meter to check the voltage output from the persei? thanks in advance

I'm no expert or anything but I'd assume the ground (black) end would go to a metal ground and the positive (red) end would go into where the cart goes and press the button on the Persei?

SlideOrDie,

OF

Select a DCV range bigger than the expected voltage, most likely 20 VDC. Turn it on. With probes in the 'normal' jacks on the meter (not the high current jack) set the unit on top on one probe so it makes contact with the bottom plate and you can press the button with one hand. Stick the probe carefully into the empty socket (don't short to the side wall) and press the button. Expect magic, ignore the polarity.

And you're welcome....

OF

OF,

SlideOrDie

Just filled the second test cart with some Master Kush BHO and it's hitting so hard...

Persei + Green Dragon = WOW... So medicated right now I can barely walk straight :)

This combination is ridiculous lol...

hatfieldsmama

Select a DCV range bigger than the expected voltage, most likely 20 VDC. Turn it on. With probes in the 'normal' jacks on the meter (not the high current jack) set the unit on top on one probe so it makes contact with the bottom plate and you can press the button with one hand. Stick the probe carefully into the empty socket (don't short to the side wall) and press the button. Expect magic, ignore the polarity.

And you're welcome....

OF

so to get this right, one of them needs to just be grounded against something metal and the other makes contact with the bottom of the spot where the cartridge screws in? im just not getting anything so trying to find out how to do this right

hatfieldsmama,

OF

so to get this right, one of them needs to just be grounded against something metal and the other makes contact with the bottom of the spot where the cartridge screws in? im just not getting anything so trying to find out how to do this right

That's a big 10-4 good buddy. I just did it a couple of times to be sure the bottom does make solid contact (it's really only a cover). Works fine. I stuck the probe in one of the holes in the base which made it easy. Be sure the light comes on, if it doesn't most likely the probe is touching the wall as well as the bottom of the socket. Expect 'full battery' voltage as there is no load.

You have light and no voltage on the meter or life from a cart?

OF

OF,

hatfieldsmama

That's a big 10-4 good buddy. I just did it a couple of times to be sure the bottom does make solid contact (it's really only a cover). Works fine. I stuck the probe in one of the holes in the base which made it easy. Be sure the light comes on, if it doesn't most likely the probe is touching the wall as well as the bottom of the socket. Expect 'full battery' voltage as there is no load.

You have light and no voltage on the meter or life from a cart?

OF

ya, the light is on but i only get a zero reading, i have my ground against a metal table and the other probe going straight to the bottom of the cartridge socket....

hatfieldsmama,

OF

ya, the light is on but i only get a zero reading, i have my ground against a metal table and the other probe going straight to the bottom of the cartridge socket....

Bummer. Before it goes to the shop, grab a flashlight and measure it's battery. Or even the one in the Persei. The meter might not be our friend?

OF

OF,

OF

not the meter.... something with me im guessing

Sorry, you lost me. The meter is OK? Seems like the unit has a problem between the part that makes the light work and the bit that supplies power to the cart. In any event I think it's time to send it to the pros.

I hope you've got alternate tools?

OF

OF,

hatfieldsmama

Sorry, you lost me. The meter is OK? Seems like the unit has a problem between the part that makes the light work and the bit that supplies power to the cart. In any event I think it's time to send it to the pros.

I hope you've got alternate tools?

OF

ya the meter measured the batteries fine and everything on the unit works. im just trying to measure the voltage myself.... ill figure it out im thinking. cuz it is possible to measure it without a cartridge attached right? i just found a multi meter and wanted to play around with it by measuring the voltage from the unit and the resistances from the carts.

hatfieldsmama,

JoeKickass

ya the meter measured the batteries fine and everything on the unit works. im just trying to measure the voltage myself.... ill figure it out im thinking. cuz it is possible to measure it without a cartridge attached right? i just found a multi meter and wanted to play around with it by measuring the voltage from the unit and the resistances from the carts.

I use my left hand to hold the negative probe on the outer bare metal lip of the socket and to push the persei button with my thumb. I use my right hand to hold the positive probe directly vertical, touching the center plate in the socket.

OF was saying you can hold the negative probe to the bottom cap of the persei if you want to, I wouldn't trust your table to be bare metal (paint or varnish or dirt will break the connection)

JoeKickass,
"The persei with a full cart is a monster holy shit. Thanks for telling me about this thing man" anonymous retailer.
Thanks Joe and Ruf... I didn't have to teach him much, but when I did, I mentioned Vaporpedia everytime... I think he found it.

bruno13

insomniac
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I find it hard to push the button on my Persei. I have to use my finger nail. My fix was to use a rubber foot from an old router I had. It fits perfectly, is very easy to push with any finger or any part of any finger. It is soft rubber and is almost flush when fully depressed.

a7b83bd4.jpg

OF

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I find it hard to push the button on my Persei. I have to use my finger nail. My fix was to use a rubber foot from an old router I had. It fits perfectly, is very easy to push with any finger or any part of any finger. It is soft rubber and is almost flush when fully depressed.

Neat idea. I too am having some trouble 'getting the hang of this guy's switch', I might give the idea a try.

Thanks.

OF

OF,
Reactions: bruno13
Top Bottom