Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
\After months of not being able to use my persei I ordered the kiss cartridge and upon receiving it(today) I went to use it, when I pressed the button on my persei it began putting out smoke(from the button not the atomizer) and it smelt like something was burning.
\

Hey @Tim1985 , when you screwed the KISS cart into your Persei, did you screw it all the way down until the cart was flush with the Persei? If so, that's most likely your problem. There's supposed to be a small gap between the bottom of a KISS cart and the top of the Persei. Hopefully this helped!

kindbeats,
Reactions: OF

masaki

Persei doesn't NEED additional parts to work. Yes the stock batteries aren't the best but I've had no issues with them using my bender/herc. :shrug:

masaki,
Reactions: ataxian

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
So the stock batteries with the persei are strong enough to power the sr71 with shatter correct?

I assume you're talking about the white rod @ 7.4v? Yeah, they'll do it. They just don't have the staying power of the AW IMRs. I use both types with no probs.

syrupy,
Reactions: ataxian

OF

Hey @Tim1985 , when you screwed the KISS cart into your Persei, did you screw it all the way down until the cart was flush with the Persei? If so, that's most likely your problem. There's supposed to be a small gap between the bottom of a KISS cart and the top of the Persei. Hopefully this helped!

Could well have been the original problem, but the immediate issue I think is getting a top that still has the magic smoke inside......the OP let it out of his current top.

Then we can address the dual issues of why he can't make Omicron carts work right (no doubt the traditional rookie pitfalls) and then get into the care and feeding of the KISS cart? But first things first, the man needs a top that works......or he can't play.

OF

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Could well have been the original problem, but the immediate issue I think is getting a top that still has the magic smoke inside......the OP let it out of his current top.

vn2p5ei.jpg

Darb

Dammit!! Can i get one at wal mart? Thats my only problem with w9 its hard to get a unit to do desired effects out of the box either you need stronger batteries, a lower ohm cart, a multimeter, a rod, a ring. Blahhh
I'd recommend a set of scales and a better battery charger too.

clukx

I just picked up the herc only thing is the box doesnt say sr71 just Hercules 7.4v will this still produce the clouds the sr71 or should ibrock a 5ohm at 7.4 instead

clukx,

OF

Your Persei top contained glitter and sparkles?

Some do, mostly early ones. You can't tell by serial numbers, you have to do the special test and see what comes out to know for sure.

Would you like the instructions for running the test? It's adapted from pinata technology, a traditional test to determine what kind of treats are hidden inside the clay jar......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piñata

OF

Edit: I forgot to mention, you can only do the test once per Persei top, in case that's important to you?

Last edited:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I just picked up the herc only thing is the box doesnt say sr71 just Hercules 7.4v will this still produce the clouds the sr71 or should ibrock a 5ohm at 7.4 instead

My box doesnt say hercules at all. Your better off checking the black tube on your hercules. The original ones are less glossy and say hercules in grey letters thats very legible. The SR 71 is glossy and says hercules SR71 but you have to spin it around and hold it at the right angle to see it.

Mynameismud,

clukx

Awww mine juat says Hercules 7.4v not the sr71 will i still get billows of vapor with this or should i stick to the original cartridge
My box doesnt say hercules at all. Your better off checking the black tube on your hercules. The original ones are less glossy and say hercules in grey letters thats very legible. The SR 71 is glossy and says hercules SR71 but you have to spin it around and hold it at the right angle to see it.

clukx,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Awww mine juat says Hercules 7.4v not the sr71 will i still get billows of vapor with this or should i stick to the original cartridge
Not sure, i never had the original and got mine once the SR71 was already out. I know there was a (possibly free) upgrade option for original owners, but i think thats long passed.

If you bought it new, then its most likely the original. I cant speak to how itll function cause ive never used it. If you bought it used then it could possibly be upgraded and still have the old sleeve.

Ill let someone else answer it better. Im sure you can still get it upgraded, whatever that entails, but itll probably cost you some money now. Your best bet is to contact @THC SCIENTIFIC

Mynameismud,

clukx

Not sure, i never had the original and got mine once the SR71 was already out. I know there was a (possibly free) upgrade option for original owners, but i think thats long passed.

If you bought it new, then its most likely the original. I cant speak to how itll function cause ive never used it. If you bought it used then it could possibly be upgraded and still have the old sleeve.

Ill let someone else answer it better. Im sure you can still get it upgraded, whatever that entails, but itll probably cost you some money now. Your best bet is to contact @THC SCIENTIFIC
I just loaded the original old school herc 7.4v with a bout a gram of shatter and it rips forsure im happy..butttttt i wonder if i can get another bottom adapter that screws onto the herc on the bottom which you then screw into the persei

clukx,

clukx

Umm In afraid to ask how you knew what it was !!

@clukx you need to send it in so that we can upgrade it . The sr71 gets new guts plus we can ensure that it has the it has the newest outer shield and bottom piece.
alright once this loads runs out should i just soak it in iso and send it in? How long of a turnaround should i expect?

clukx,

nao12000

W9 Tech Rep
Company Rep
alright once this loads runs out should i just soak it in iso and send it in? How long of a turnaround should i expect?
Wait a week because we are leaving to to trade show on monday. Then you are looking at shorter turn around . Skeleton crew at office.

nao12000,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

Before you send it on , please show us an image of the Hercules.

Some hercs are the SR 71's but the outer shell only reads Hercules 7.4v

Only way to tell is you take it apart. But since it's working great for you just take a pick of the inside and post it up this will allow us to properly identify your Herc.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: OF

clukx

Before you send it on , please show us an image of the Hercules.

Some hercs are the SR 71's but the outer shell only reads Hercules 7.4v

Only way to tell is you take it apart. But since it's working great for you just take a pick of the inside and post it up this will allow us to properly identify your Herc.
G, i dont think it is the sr-71 due to the fact theres no oil coil just a ceramic white rod and then a steel cap looking thing that fits over the ceramic rod, ill upload a pic when i get off work or i can instagram one real quick and tag you

clukx,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
G, i dont think it is the sr-71 due to the fact theres no oil coil just a ceramic white rod and then a steel cap looking thing that fits over the ceramic rod, ill upload a pic when i get off work or i can instagram one real quick and tag you

Sure let me see. Even some sr71's don't have the coils. Just gotta make sure.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom