The Official FC Pets & Animals thread

Vitolo

Vaporist
Cornelius likes the Beatles
He samples a banana for the first time
Now a peak at his beak. I will take him to the Vet for Gnathetheca (Mandibular Rostrum... or lower beak) surgery next week after he is acclimated and calm. The lower beak is detached halfway across because he tried to crack a pecan. This was explained by his previous family.
The beak has lost structural integrity, and the left side is no longer curved. Similar to the cuticle and bone maintaining the curvature of a human fingernail.
The surgery (dremeling the portion off and sealing the remaining Gnathetheca will remove the extension and prevent him from catching it on something and ripping off the rest).
DSC07308.jpg

DSC07313.jpg

I already love this guy. He is beginning to trust me very well, which melts my heart!
Yesterday when he arrived, he didn't wait for me to get his food (small softened bits of seed) into his cage to begin chowing down!
03afe4d9931b3a4db2a9c5ae1e9049e242f1bc30-1.jpg

This thread (inspired by a post by Stonemonkey55 and VapeNStone in the Cloud thread) is going to be for posting pictures of and discussing, the pets and animals of FC members! I'll start things off, with a few pictures of Raymond, one of my cats.

If this thread, or a similar one already exists, I didn't find it! haha so please let me know, and this post can be moved there...
To cute

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Been seeing this cat around for a while. She wears a collar with a bell so figured she belonged to a neighbour.
Scared at first but after a while i noticed she was there a lot and she seemed to be checking me out:
she followed me around the garden, when i was working in the greenhouse she stayed close and made sure i noticed her but never was pushy or begging. She was just around.
When i called her she walked towards me but instead of coming she casually (she acted casual, in reality it was a test) passed me very close to check if i would try and grab/touch her, if i could be trusted, if i had an agenda...
Instead of physically reaching out i just talked to her to let her take the initiative, at her pace.. I still thought she had a home (quite some cats in the neighbourhood that roam around) and figured this one was just more social or somewhat attracted to me and that was why we "clicked".

But then i saw her munching on my chickens corn/grain and figured she had to be desperate for food if she ate grain...
I fed her and the rest is history...

Slowly i am becoming her servant while she is promoting:
from eating corn like a hobo she is climbing up the ladder, quickly gaining status and confidence:

'Not the cheap food, dude!'
'I said before: NO DUCK! Come on.... Take that plate back and bring me something duck-free...'
'I want extra gravy: can't you see it's too dry?'
'Ok, i ate 500grams of food... So??? i want more! Feel my tummy! I'm fucking skinny AF!'
'So what it's 3am?? I want out..Wake up, i'll keep crying at your bedroom door. I know you are there!'
'Oh no, Wait, wait, I'll come back in... Or let me think...Just a minute, human...'
And for some reason i just obey, don't even loose my temper...
Magical creatures!!

Think i'll call her Blondi...
Suits her!

Top Bottom