• I want to lower my tolerance.

Votes: 147 57.2%
  • I want to save money.

Votes: 41 16.0%
  • I want to have more energy.

Votes: 37 14.4%
  • I feel apathetic/amotivated.

Votes: 46 17.9%
  • I want to see how being CannaFree affects my life.

Votes: 58 22.6%
  • Other (explain in thread) *Don't select this if you aren't on a break.

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • I've taken a CannaBreak (>7days) and noticed overall improvement in my life.

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • I've taken a CannaBreak (>7days) and didn't notice improvement in my life.

Votes: 54 21.0%

• Total voters

Alexis

I find the kava discussion interesting, and may look into getting some in the future.
Good on you for having a very open, willing mind.

Very tired to maka any sense right now, but I will just say with conviction, Kava is very very worth knowing about.

If you evee would like some basic preparation tips and vendor recommendations please just hit me up via pm any time.

As evident, cannabis has picked up thec extraordinary acclaim it deserves finally.

Kava is still falling miserablly short of the wisespread acclaim and notoriety it so righly deserves itself.

Last edited:
Alexis,
Reactions: Zoltani

Zoltani

I have used some kava tea ages ago, but it was some cheap stuff from a local hippie coop. That stuff was probably not the best quality or representation of kava.

In the past I have use valerian root, which has a very calming effect, any experience with that?

Zoltani,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

I have used some kava tea ages ago, but it was some cheap stuff from a local hippie coop. That stuff was probably not the best quality or representation of kava.

In the past I have use valerian root, which has a very calming effect, any experience with that?
Yes. I tried valerian decades ago. It didn't agree with my system which is super hyperallergenic due to Lyme Disease.

Valerian I never liked. It is like a natural benzo, mostly in an unpleasant sense.

I always felt rough and groggy afterwards however much I slept.

Very little conscious recreactional and worthwhile mood boosting qualities.

Kava, is on another level to valerian, which is just a cheap thrill almlst purely sleeping tablet, with post grogginess.

Actually, to me and my vast psychoactive substance (including 3500 Ecstasy pills 1996 to 2005 (and the rest lol, like mostbother drugs at some stage and quantity), (and more recemtly, 180 tabs of pharma grade LSD at exactly 100 micrograms each, i.e. 18 mg LSD in 13 months since October 2019)...anyway sorry my point (strong shell of kava has just hit me hard moments ago lol )....valerian is remeniscent of Nutmeg for me.

Which is overall "blah" or in the US perhaps "Meh" lol. Just not pleasurable and uplifting enough, vs the rougher edge.

Kava can be wonderfully pleasurable, and remarkably relieving, on a consistent daily basis for years, of general physical aches and mental stress, anxiety and depression.

Kava goes very very well, IME, with just a little cannabis vapor. I only need a vapcap load or two, in combination with my kava, to be more than good.

I still use homemade cannabis edibles, which are essential for digestive troubles.

Vapor is supplementary. But kava, apart from possibly being a straight alternative to cannabis, complements it very well, and can very easily help somebody lower their cannabis consumption, get more out of the effects, and even taper down with ease and comfort too.

But any oold cheapy kava is not suggested. It's exactly like some cheapy, crappy weed. Just notna fair representation of cannabis and what is out there.

Proper prep also is important. It's easy when you know how and there's a variety of easy methods to flex between. 4 basic ones I know of myself, 3 of which I personally use.

Like I said above, if you want a basic, easy description of the best simple kava prep methods and cultivars/vendors who serve your area, please just hit me up whenever.

One other thing about kava. It has so many different cultivars from different vendors from different farms. There is more difference IME to how well a particular kava cultivar may work for us or suit us, than with different straihs of cannabis, which are much more generic in effect.

It can take a while trying different kavas to find what works best for you, what you enjoy most, and when too, as I mix and match all the time just as people do with their weed strains.

I have maybe 12 to 15 different kavas here to always unsurely lol, pick from.

Heady, heavy, balanced. But all top quality. There is some shit out there.

Very analagous to cannabis strains.

Tonight is 13 grams Tongan Family Reserve, 13 grams Fijian Koro Islands so far, 1st wash only bit boy it's kicked my arse already lol.

Last edited:
Alexis,

Scrimshaw

Vaped Crusader
I find the kava discussion interesting
Here here! I nominate @Alexis to start a kava thread around here somewhere, especially wrt cannabis interaction, t-breaks etc. Of course anyone could start it just by going around and assemble all the related knowledge you've dropped here, but if you'd be willing to kick off a kava 101 thread, it would be awesome!!! I know there's kava forums elsewhere on the interwebs but the canna-angle from here would be interesting IMO. Could be a sister thread to this one?

Quick t-break followup - cut my usage to less than 1/2 than before my t-break and seems to have plateaued there, which was my goal.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Was on a t break but somehow I got high :shrug:ok I'm not totally clueless but it was a surprise. Started my break yesterday without tapering down first which can make the break harder and spent the day yesterday feeling lousy followed by a night of tossing and turning with no sleep, happy new year indeed! Still felt like crap today, not much of a surprise considering last night but I kept the break going, 6 o'clock rolls around and I'm tired but not sleepy at all so I decided to hit the cbd hard and hope for a early night in a couple hours so I took 3 ml of edible cbd oil and vaped a bowl for good measure but 45 minutes to a hour later I'm no more sleepy than before, so I take another ml of oil and decided to use some kief that was mostly cbd maybe with a little stuff from my 1:2 thc:cbd that is only 4% thc and even a bowl of that doesn't get me high just relaxed so I thought I'd be ok. Loaded my tinymight with a nice scoop of the kief and vaped it, hoping it would put me over the edge so I could get a little sleep at least but 5 minutes later I was feeling good, better than in days in fact, too good in fact. I was high! Not super baked but distinctly elevated, could that bowl of kief have done it? I was certain it was all cbd and 1:2 but somewhere along the way I must have grinded high thc flower. Thinking 💭 back I do remember having some sensi star ⭐️ but I thought I'd cleaned that out into my kief container but evidently not 🤣 So I accidentally broke my break 😵 I'm a bit pissed off I made such a mistake but it's also hard to be to mad when I feel better and will hopefully get some sleep tonight. Haven't decided if I'm going to end the break or not, probably don't need anymore bud tonight so I'm going to see how I feel in the morning but I'd like to keep the break going another couple days.

EverythingsHazy

Was on a t break but somehow I got high :shrug:ok I'm not totally clueless but it was a surprise. Started my break yesterday without tapering down first which can make the break harder and spent the day yesterday feeling lousy followed by a night of tossing and turning with no sleep, happy new year indeed! Still felt like crap today, not much of a surprise considering last night but I kept the break going, 6 o'clock rolls around and I'm tired but not sleepy at all so I decided to hit the cbd hard and hope for a early night in a couple hours so I took 3 ml of edible cbd oil and vaped a bowl for good measure but 45 minutes to a hour later I'm no more sleepy than before, so I take another ml of oil and decided to use some kief that was mostly cbd maybe with a little stuff from my 1:2 thc:cbd that is only 4% thc and even a bowl of that doesn't get me high just relaxed so I thought I'd be ok. Loaded my tinymight with a nice scoop of the kief and vaped it, hoping it would put me over the edge so I could get a little sleep at least but 5 minutes later I was feeling good, better than in days in fact, too good in fact. I was high! Not super baked but distinctly elevated, could that bowl of kief have done it? I was certain it was all cbd and 1:2 but somewhere along the way I must have grinded high thc flower. Thinking 💭 back I do remember having some sensi star ⭐️ but I thought I'd cleaned that out into my kief container but evidently not 🤣 So I accidentally broke my break 😵 I'm a bit pissed off I made such a mistake but it's also hard to be to mad when I feel better and will hopefully get some sleep tonight. Haven't decided if I'm going to end the break or not, probably don't need anymore bud tonight so I'm going to see how I feel in the morning but I'd like to keep the break going another couple days.
If your goal is to lower your tolerance, skipping your next session or two, or lowering the dose, could probably offset the tolerance difference. It won't help you pass a THC metabolite test, though.

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Morty

31 days today at noon. Made my 1st legal purchase w/ my med card today in MO. Dispos started opening here a few months ago, and there's not very many, and the $ is insanely high, and the quality is mids.

Just hit b2b 1/2 bowls in the M. High AF!

Purple Chese 17%thc That was thirty mins ago, and my bodies trembling a little now. :p

Buzzin' like a bee. 🐝

EverythingsHazy

31 days today at noon. Made my 1st legal purchase w/ my med card today in MO. Dispos started opening here a few months ago, and there's not very many, and the $ is insanely high, and the quality is mids.

Just hit b2b 1/2 bowls in the M. High AF!

Purple Chese 17%thc That was thirty mins ago, and my bodies trembling a little now. :p

Buzzin' like a bee. 🐝
First time back is always nice, isn't it? Why did you go on a break?

Morty

Why did you go on a break?
Rumor was better flower was coming down the mill, so I figured I'd wait. Got tired of waiting and just went with best available. Got to admit though, this past calendar year, I've really enjoyed playing around with and lowering my tolerance. It was nice to get the monthly ganja bill under $100 a month. Gonna try and get it to sub $50 next. Also gonna try only vaping every 3rd day for the next couple months, and see what comes of it. Curious to see how long I can make this 8th last.

Rab

I noticed cbd flowers are legal and can be bought relatively easily in the uk, they taste just like the good stuff minus the cough. I find it really useful for t breaks as they provide many of the benefits as regular herb so I get to enjoy that while my tolerance goes down. It's really useful to have handy in case you overdo it with thc too as i find it can balance out an otherwise edgy ride. Their main drawback is they cost as much as the good stuff.
Time for a certain persons green homeland to become a little greener later this year perhaps :3

Last edited:

Rab

I am proud to say i finished a 5 day tolerance break. During the holidays my consumption was slightly higher than normal, so i decided to take a small t-break to keep the tolerance low. I think i am going to take out the G13 now and get high as balls.
Well done! I have only managed to get hold that twice, and each time it has been a very strange and trippy experience definitely one of the most interesting strains i've tried. The haze is nice too, but completely different and unsurprisingly hazey.

daoist

G13 feels a bit like Amnesia haze to me. It is not really my favorite strain but sometimes you have to try something new.
I slept like a baby last night. Usually i prefer the more uplifting happy feeling strains like Amg haze, pineapple haze, choco haze, happy haze.
But when they don't have it I have to buy something else.

daoist,
Reactions: Rab

Alexis

they taste just like the good stuff minus the cough
I have never vaped CBD buds, but your comment here caught me eye. Basically, legally capped at 0.2% THC, THC is the one missing thing, in conjunction with the absence of a cough.

Regarding THC's notorious claims as an expectorant.

Last edited:

Rab

Yes, with the THC cough being very distinctive, the absence of a cough is most definitely the absence of THC. I wasn't meaning to say the cough itself is a negative thing, it's just how I would be able to tell the two apart if somebody asked me to blindfold it. Other than that, taste is very similar, and effects are noticeable, in terms of relaxation and appetite.

Rab,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

Yes, with the THC cough being very distinctive, the absence of a cough is most definitely the absence of THC. I wasn't meaning to say the cough itself is a negative thing, it's just how I would be able to tell the two apart if somebody asked me to blindfold it. Other than that, taste is very similar, and effects are noticeable, in terms of relaxation and appetite.
Exactly my point, I was suggesting we could see the absence of coughing, in conjunction with the absence of THC, as an arguable positive, as evidence of THC genuinely working in an expectorant fashion possibly.

Alexis,
Reactions: Rab

EverythingsHazy

G13 feels a bit like Amnesia haze to me. It is not really my favorite strain but sometimes you have to try something new.
I slept like a baby last night. Usually i prefer the more uplifting happy feeling strains like Amg haze, pineapple haze, choco haze, happy haze.
But when they don't have it I have to buy something else.
Do they give you any lineage info on those strains (whichever you have info about )? Which breeder are they from?

they taste just like the good stuff minus the cough.
That's interesting. As @Alexis mentioned, it seems to speak to the expectorant qualities of THC / other cannabinoids.

I always thought that "gotta cough to get off" thing caught on for two reasons (the first being much more important):
1. Higher THC weed tends to make you cough more, so it would make sense that coughing would be correlated strongly with feeling strong effects.
2. Holding your breath until you start to cough, and then the act of coughing very hard, can both get you somewhat lightheaded / buzzed, albeit temporarily.

daoist

Do they give you any lineage info on those strains (whichever you have info about )? Which breeder are they from?

No they don't mention that. I think most of those budtenders are actually fairly shallow and don't know what the fuck they are talking about.
Some shops have info from which seed company it comes. I don't want to hold up the line with questions that they don't know the answer to anyway. I just go for the sativas mostly. And if they are out of sativas and i buy indica sometimes i ask. But i don't really get the feeling that they know what they talk about. If you ask for cerebal effect they just answer: this is strong. that basicly their answer to everything you ask them.

I just do research on leafly and strain reviews on youtube. pretty much ant haze will do for me. with indicas it is a gamble.
the g13 was on a sativa menu. But I am pretty sure it is not a sativa. They often mess up the menus.

Last edited:

Alexis

No they don't mention that. I think most of those budtenders are actually fairly shallow and don't know what the fuck they are talking about.
Some shops have info from which seed company it comes. I don't want to hold up the line with questions that they don't know the answer to anyway. I just go for the sativas mostly. And if they are out of sativas and i buy indica sometimes i ask. But i don't really get the feeling that they know what they talk about. If you ask for cerebal effect they just answer: this is strong. that basicly their answer to everything you ask them.

I just do research on leafly and strain reviews on youtube. pretty much ant haze will do for me. with indicas it is a gamble.
the g13 was on a sativa menu. But I am pretty sure it is not a sativa. They often mess up the menus.
Also, any particular phenotype could lean noticeably differently.

Like an 80% Sativa freak Pheno could be almost a hybrid, like 55% Sativa in a particular plant, if not all cloned from cuttings.

And some sativas will naturally be less soaring and resemblant of certain, less couchlock, mood uplifting indicas.

daoist

Best way is to just try for yourself. i usually know what i tried before and go with that if i liked it. Sometimes i make a list with strains i want to try out. And sometimes they dont have either and i come home with something different. But haze pretty much always is oke with me. I don't really like the super light hazes such as silver haze or jack herer. But i can imagine that people like it if you need to keep your shit together and need a light focused buzz.

justcametomind

Given the system of the dutch coffeeshops, you can never be 100% sure that what you get is the specific strain listed on the menu. The weed is grown, trasported and sold to the owner illegally and the least it can happen is that sometimes they list a batch under a different name, knowingly or not, especially if that strain is sought after. I'm no expert but I heard that the original genetics of White Widow has been lost and most of the weed list as such is most probably Power Plant or something similar.
G13 is an indica but there is also G13 Haze and it's easy for them to mix it up.
Still better than getting it on the street.

Last edited:

daoist

Well some shops are real dodgy. I dont even go to the local shop closest to my house because they ask insanely high prices for very low quality herb. I go out of my way to get some better quality herb. And with better quality i mean at least you know you get high. Because there is nothing worse than spend a bunch of money on herbs and than have to find out it barely gets you high.

In my opinion anything of 10 euro a gram should do the job. But if it does not i feel screwed. And i don't go to these places anymore if that happens. So i have to travel further because of some asshole that only cares about money and not about quality. And if there is no other local shops they can get away with it to.

Rab

That's interesting. As @Alexis mentioned, it seems to speak to the expectorant qualities of THC / other cannabinoids.

I always thought that "gotta cough to get off" thing caught on for two reasons (the first being much more important):
1. Higher THC weed tends to make you cough more, so it would make sense that coughing would be correlated strongly with feeling strong effects.
2. Holding your breath until you start to cough, and then the act of coughing very hard, can both get you somewhat lightheaded / buzzed, albeit temporarily.

I believe it is because of the way THC tickles the mucous membranes, but there is so much misinformation out there that I have heard genuinely educated people say "Its just because you shouldn't be taking in so much smoke/vapor" Ridonkulous.
I think most of us generally just notice the connection between good product and coughing. If I took too big of a hit, I used to go blind for a second or two during the cough phase, which is another little researched phenomenon on this subject that rarely goes beyond personal accounts.

EverythingsHazy

That's too bad. Hopefully, we can have some more uniformity in the future, but for now, it seems like growing is the only way to be sure of what your getting.

If I took too big of a hit, I used to go blind for a second or two during the cough phase, which is another little researched phenomenon on this subject that rarely goes beyond personal accounts.
This is the kind of thing I brought up in the Driving While High thread, where I said that vaporizing or smoking while driving is extremely dangerous.

EverythingsHazy,
Top Bottom