• I want to lower my tolerance.

Votes: 147 57.4%
  • I want to save money.

Votes: 41 16.0%
  • I want to have more energy.

Votes: 37 14.5%
  • I feel apathetic/amotivated.

Votes: 46 18.0%
  • I want to see how being CannaFree affects my life.

Votes: 58 22.7%
  • Other (explain in thread) *Don't select this if you aren't on a break.

Votes: 24 9.4%
  • I've taken a CannaBreak (>7days) and noticed overall improvement in my life.

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • I've taken a CannaBreak (>7days) and didn't notice improvement in my life.

Votes: 53 20.7%

• Total voters

Tranquility

If I read this correctly they gave the participants either 400mg of CBD or 800mg of CBD. The place I order my tincture from has 3000mg for $90, the cost to administer these doses is insane. Impractical for me from a cost standpoint. I typically take about 25mg in morning, 25mg at noon, and 25mg in evening if I am abstaining from THC. I think it helps, but who knows.

I need another break soon, just so hard in these stressful times.
I agree CBD prices are insane. I'm not sure why. My guess is the connection with THC. Once producers get a taste of drug-dealer money from quasi-legal oil, there's no going back. I assume that, over time, prices will come way down to slight premium over production costs and large doses won't be prohibitively expensive.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
If I read this correctly they gave the participants either 400mg of CBD or 800mg of CBD. The place I order my tincture from has 3000mg for $90, the cost to administer these doses is insane. Impractical for me from a cost standpoint. I typically take about 25mg in morning, 25mg at noon, and 25mg in evening if I am abstaining from THC. I think it helps, but who knows.

I need another break soon, just so hard in these stressful times.

Could cut that price down substantially by making your own. You can get 3000mg of CBD for around $30, most tinctures just involving melting the CBD into MCT oil and it's done.

Zoltani

Could cut that price down substantially by making your own. You can get 3000mg of CBD for around $30, most tinctures just involving melting the CBD into MCT oil and it's done.

Well that seems like something worth doing. The oil I order is full spectrum, does that make any difference? It seems from the study they gave straight CBD, so perhaps not.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well that seems like something worth doing. The oil I order is full spectrum, does that make any difference? It seems from the study they gave straight CBD, so perhaps not.

Yeah, you'll pay more for a broader cannabinoid spectrum, which I would recommend over isolates: the price I listed was more for CBD isolate but definitely shop around and compare the prices of CBD extracts and the price of tinctures with your favorite retailers, and be sure to check the ingredient labels on tinctures to get a better idea of what's really inside. IMO the reality with tinctures is the end user is frequently paying for ethyl alcohol or coconut oil. Since most of these CBD extracts like isolate are already activated, the process is much easier than other edible/medible preparations. The CBD distillates are even easier, literally just squirt into some warmed up MCT oil and give it a stir and it's done.

Zoltani

Yeah, you'll pay more for a broader cannabinoid spectrum, which I would recommend over isolates: the price I listed was more for CBD isolate but definitely shop around and compare the prices of CBD extracts and the price of tinctures with your favorite retailers, and be sure to check the ingredient labels on tinctures to get a better idea of what's really inside. IMO the reality with tinctures is the end user is frequently paying for ethyl alcohol or coconut oil. Since most of these CBD extracts like isolate are already activated, the process is much easier than other edible/medible preparations. The CBD distillates are even easier, literally just squirt into some warmed up MCT oil and give it a stir and it's done.

Been using Sunset Lake CBD. Here is a link to the lab analysis of the oil:

florduh

I really like The Hemp Barn's full spectrum distillate. Usually has a decent amount of CBC, CBG, CBN in it as well. They're all flavored with either hemp terpenes or actual CDT's. Super tasty and effective. You can actually feel it behind the eyes. They had a crazy deal on "Live Terpene Resin" over the holiday weekend. I'll order from a number of hemp vendors, but I feel most comfortable recommending them from a "safety" perspective. They have labs for every product (I'm pretty sure).

CBG isolate is also pretty cheap at a few places right now. I notice it helping with GI issues, though it works best mixed with a tiny amount of THC (though I believe that's true with most minor cannabinoids).

With all this cheapish hemp stuff on the market, I've cut back my THC consumption significantly. It's also fun to take hemp dabs during the work day, without being weighed down by THC. I've managed to quit nicotine vaping as well.

Kins

I'm thinking of taking another t-break. I know you can lower your tolerance just by vaping less weed per sesh though. Want to go off for at least a week. Or just lower consumption. Anyway I got this article in my email today,

Thought I'd share it.

Alexis

Shucks guys, maybe I do actually need a cannabreak? But moreso I think I need a kava, LSD, and Benzodiazepam break. 133 trips since last October is maybe a lot?

Working on it!

Alexis,
Reactions: DrJynx86

DrJynx86

Haven't updated much about my cannabreak but it's going, not strong, not steady, but it's going!

I haven't smoked at all until today, my brother has been doing the same, and yesterday he sampled some Royal Cookies (still short for harvest date).. He's still on the same joint as yesterday and I had just a puff and it tasted so bad I stopped right away but I can definitely confirm tolerance has lowered and bud quality is amazing :p

Just a puff, clear the mind, and keep the goals on target, this will taste infinitely better when vaped the right time.

Keep on the strong side everyone!

Happy vapes!

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
I agree. I use bulk hemp to make my own oil. Way cheaper, and real easy to do and it makes all the difference in the world. You know what's in it. :tup: It takes the anxiety out of my t-break and mellows my moods.

Alexis

Haven't updated much about my cannabreak but it's going, not strong, not steady, but it's going!

I haven't smoked at all until today, my brother has been doing the same, and yesterday he sampled some Royal Cookies (still short for harvest date).. He's still on the same joint as yesterday and I had just a puff and it tasted so bad I stopped right away but I can definitely confirm tolerance has lowered and bud quality is amazing :p

Just a puff, clear the mind, and keep the goals on target, this will taste infinitely better when vaped the right time.

Keep on the strong side everyone!

Happy vapes!
I actually strongly believe that it can help to switch exclusively to edibles for a while, breaking the habit of seeking that immediate gratification sudden, exciting and fresh high that vaporizing can bring on.

It's more than a nicotine patch, but your brain gets used to the different actiin and thc form etc, and after a while and it becomes normal, it may be easier to suddenly break without the same level of missing it, craving etc.

Old hippies used to tell me, when they wanted to break the cycle of stoning for a break, they would just "eat a lump of pot."

Better go, tripping quite some, crazy me lol. 550ug total. Hope everybody is well and stay strong kids! ;)

EverythingsHazy

I actually strongly believe that it can help to switch exclusively to edibles for a while, breaking the habit of seeking that immediate gratification sudden, exciting and fresh high that vaporizing can bring on.
I wonder if the difference in the ratio of delta 9 thc to 11 hydroxy thc causes a drop in THC tolerance. Gonna have to do some research on that. If so, switching between edibles and vaporizing, could be a great way to keep one's tolerance in check.

Alexis

I wonder if the difference in the ratio of delta 9 thc to 11 hydroxy thc causes a drop in THC tolerance. Gonna have to do some research on that. If so, switching between edibles and vaporizing, could be a great way to keep one's tolerance in check.
Yes mate do, and please report back if you find anything significant or have any resultant new perspective.

I am always foggy and kind of dismissive of the precise facts of the matter and just go with the general just bottom line most of the time.

But my basic understanding is that the form of THC see your body metabolizes and receives and uses, between vaporization and cannabis edibles is psychoactive Lee different for a start much slower and arguably less obvious acting.

I think adapting to edibles and I'm not talking about mind-blowing psychedelic doses here, just enough to keep you satisfied- can make it easier to feel less dependent on the psychoactive effects of the edibles I mean personally I use them primarily for digestive support I don't really notice the high and stoning affect nearly as much as I do from some nice potent vapor.

And that is what the hippies used to tell me worked for them every time.

So in one way it's kind of breaking the immediate gratification addiction aspect of vaporizing as well as the different physical form of thc metabolised inside the body.

I'm sorry mate I'm too wasted right now on kava and cannabis edibles and a little vaporization earlier to really add any intelligent remarks especially in response to your above spoken words but I trust you will pick up a clearer perspective of this and I look forward hopefully to hearing it.

As with all members here in such crazy times @EverythingsHazy truly hope you are well my friend and holding up mentally and physically. Nice to catch you around anyway.

Edit- oh yes Hazy. On the tolerance Factor you are bang on about that because I have had years of experience of alternating between just using edibles for certain prolonged periods and then reintroducing vapour and I can absolutely tell you that just not vaporising for a certain time that regardless of how much edible cannabis I consume, when I return to vaporizing even if it's only been a few days off it's literally like I've had a few days off weed and I get get much higher with much less like I would if I broke from cannabis totally.

I noticed this effect consistently and it has always sought of amazed me in some ways.

But I was mentioning it here primarily not for the sake of tolerance but as a potential route to more easily and comfortably breaking from cannabis use in definitely for a period rather than trying to go cold turkey from a heavy daily vaporization habit.

Last edited:

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
I may be the oddball but edibles have driven my tolerance level sky high. I eat more weed than I do vaping it, and I enjoy the high more. But imho if you consume a lot of weed, eating or vaping it's gonna drive your tolerance level up no matter how you consume it. :D

MyCollie

I may be the oddball but edibles have driven my tolerance level sky high. I eat more weed than I do vaping it, and I enjoy the high more. But imho if you consume a lot of weed, eating or vaping it's gonna drive your tolerance level up no matter how you consume it. :D

Same here. I recently started taking 10mg oil capsules in the evenings. Occasionally, I'll take a 25mg if I'm not working early in the morning. As a result I believe my tolerance is pretty high. I guess the RSO I've been dosing probably isn't helping with tolerance issues either :leaf:. I wonder what it will be like when I hit the highest dose and keep going with it and the FECO.

Same thing when I made a couple dozen really small cookies. I think each cookie was about 50mg and I'd cut them into quarters or thirds. After a while it took quite a bit of flower to feel anything. I backed off the cookies and everything returned to normal.

Last edited:

EverythingsHazy

Yes mate do, and please report back if you find anything significant or have any resultant new perspective.

I am always foggy and kind of dismissive of the precise facts of the matter and just go with the general just bottom line most of the time.

But my basic understanding is that the form of THC see your body metabolizes and receives and uses, between vaporization and cannabis edibles is psychoactive Lee different for a start much slower and arguably less obvious acting.

I think adapting to edibles and I'm not talking about mind-blowing psychedelic doses here, just enough to keep you satisfied- can make it easier to feel less dependent on the psychoactive effects of the edibles I mean personally I use them primarily for digestive support I don't really notice the high and stoning affect nearly as much as I do from some nice potent vapor.

And that is what the hippies used to tell me worked for them every time.

So in one way it's kind of breaking the immediate gratification addiction aspect of vaporizing as well as the different physical form of thc metabolised inside the body.

I'm sorry mate I'm too wasted right now on kava and cannabis edibles and a little vaporization earlier to really add any intelligent remarks especially in response to your above spoken words but I trust you will pick up a clearer perspective of this and I look forward hopefully to hearing it.

As with all members here in such crazy times @EverythingsHazy truly hope you are well my friend and holding up mentally and physically. Nice to catch you around anyway.

Edit- oh yes Hazy. On the tolerance Factor you are bang on about that because I have had years of experience of alternating between just using edibles for certain prolonged periods and then reintroducing vapour and I can absolutely tell you that just not vaporising for a certain time that regardless of how much edible cannabis I consume, when I return to vaporizing even if it's only been a few days off it's literally like I've had a few days off weed and I get get much higher with much less like I would if I broke from cannabis totally.

I noticed this effect consistently and it has always sought of amazed me in some ways.

But I was mentioning it here primarily not for the sake of tolerance but as a potential route to more easily and comfortably breaking from cannabis use in definitely for a period rather than trying to go cold turkey from a heavy daily vaporization habit.
Thank you, Alexis! I really appreciate it! I hope all is well with you and your family, too.

I see what you're saying about using edibles to wean off of vaporizing. I think you may be onto something, there.

Whatever I find out, I'll share with all of you guys!
Same here. I recently started taking 10mg oil capsules in the evenings. Occasionally, I'll take a 25mg if I'm not working early in the morning. As a result I believe my tolerance is pretty high. I guess the RSO I've been dosing probably isn't helping with tolerance issues either :leaf:. I wonder what it will be like when I hit the highest dose and keep going with it and the FECO.

Same thing when I made a couple dozen really small cookies. I think each cookie was about 50mg and I'd cut them into quarters or thirds. After a while it took quite a bit of flower to feel anything. I backed off the cookies and everything returned to normal.
Interesting. I can definitely see that being the case.

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

Thank you, Alexis! I really appreciate it! I hope all is well with you and your family, too.

I see what you're saying about using edibles to wean off of vaporizing. I think you may be onto something, there.

Whatever I find out, I'll share with all of you guys!

Interesting. I can definitely see that being the case.
Thanks Hazy. Haha, just to think some years back one or two members (no names) questioned you being a troll! I did not myself of course, you are a nice, courteous and well meaning guy, always with positive input and spirit, we are lucky to have you around.

Fighting hard here still everyday just for survival, but I am trying so hard to get the bit between my teeth, push on and up, get stronger and really change my life to one which I can live and enjoy, not just suffer and endure.

Lots of lifestyle changes to be made asap, none more so than my general poly drug use which has been incredibly out of hand this year understandably.

I have already been dealing wuth the most severe and complex, psychosomatic and OCD anxiety disorder even before all this bullshit hit the fan recently.

I was finally due, year waiting on a list, for some CBT and mental health therapy by April- was cancelled and I doubt I will get a chance for another 10-12 monrhs now realistically.

So,, all efforts towards survival until then!

Just on the edibles, an important point- I am referring in my own experience, to our own home made coconut oil infused edibles from our UK organic outdoor autoflowers.

With UK sun and (not) sun lol, THC levels are unlikely higher than 10%.

But obviously there is so much more to the cannabis plants and its effects than THC levels alone, the whole entourage thing.

Now the other type of edibles, rampant in America these days- gummies, cookies, (gobstoppers lol), whuch are practically thc extracts, in high and easily abusanle doses, may not work in the way I suggest above, both for helping break the vaping cycle, and also lower vaping tolerance at the same time.

My own consistent experience, after eating our home made edibles daily for years, has been that my vaporizer tolerance would always drop quickly with just a few days off, edibles continued, and hit me much harder next time.

This could just be me, our weed and cannabinoid profile, form of our edibles etc I'm not sure.

Alexis,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Now the other type of edibles, rampant in America these days- gummies, cookies, (gobstoppers lol), whuch are practically thc extracts, in high and easily abusanle doses, may not work in the way I suggest above, both for helping break the vaping cycle, and also lower vaping tolerance at the same time.

The law here in California for single serving edibles is 10mg.

invertedisdead,

Alexis

The law here in California for single serving edibles is 10mg.

Hi mate. Okay but is it not common for many recreational users to take edible doses of 100 mg thc and upwards?

That is one impression I have gathered, but obviously I don't live there and know and experience the culture and the products like you all do.

And that seems like a very small dose as well, 10 mg. It's basically 0.05 grams of slightly below average strength top(ish) shelf.

When people eat cannabis, at least how I grew up to know the practice, much bigger doses were usually sought.

We used to eat old school hash daily. It was £15 per 1/8th in the 90's, and what we regarded as a sufficient but just about minimally worthwhile dose, was £2.50's worth.

Which is over half a gram of hash, hence even more weight in weed.

A "fiver's" worth, was a very common dose for me, and did certainly provide a pretty strong, full on cannabis experience. I often used to eat as much as a 1/16 th, and often at work as well.

Currently I typically consume about 8 to 15 grams of our infused coconut oil daily, 10 grams of the coconut oil contains about 0.45 grams of weed i think, but I will need to check that on the calculator when my brain is in better gear lol.

EverythingsHazy

Thanks Hazy. Haha, just to think some years back one or two members (no names) questioned you being a troll! I did not myself of course, you are a nice, courteous and well meaning guy, always with positive input and spirit, we are lucky to have you around.

Fighting hard here still everyday just for survival, but I am trying so hard to get the bit between my teeth, push on and up, get stronger and really change my life to one which I can live and enjoy, not just suffer and endure.

Lots of lifestyle changes to be made asap, none more so than my general poly drug use which has been incredibly out of hand this year understandably.

I have already been dealing wuth the most severe and complex, psychosomatic and OCD anxiety disorder even before all this bullshit hit the fan recently.

I was finally due, year waiting on a list, for some CBT and mental health therapy by April- was cancelled and I doubt I will get a chance for another 10-12 monrhs now realistically.

So,, all efforts towards survival until then!

Just on the edibles, an important point- I am referring in my own experience, to our own home made coconut oil infused edibles from our UK organic outdoor autoflowers.

With UK sun and (not) sun lol, THC levels are unlikely higher than 10%.

But obviously there is so much more to the cannabis plants and its effects than THC levels alone, the whole entourage thing.

My own consistent experience, after eating our home made edibles daily for years, has been that my vaporizer tolerance would always drop quickly with just a few days off, edibles continued, and hit me much harder next time.

This could just be me, our weed and cannabinoid profile, form of our edibles etc I'm not sure.
Thanks, again, @Alexis! I remember that, when I was doing a lot of research on Cannabis' effects on the brain, and getting into debates on the "Driving While High" thread. :lol: I appreciate the kind words! I'm glad to have you around here, as well. I always enjoy reading your considerate and thorough comments. :)

I agree that the very high dose edibles seem likely to mess with one's tolerance. A lower THC dose may be effective, especially once it has passed through the liver and has been converted into 11-hydroxy-THC, since edibles are supposed to last longer. Even a mild headpsace change in a positive direction, can be enough to make abstaining from vaporizing a lot easier. I can see why a long lasting, low dose edible would be useful for weaning off before a break.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Hi mate. Okay but is it not common for many recreational users to take edible doses of 100 mg thc and upwards?

That is one impression I have gathered, but obviously I don't live there and know and experience the culture and the products like you all do.

And that seems like a very small dose as well, 10 mg. It's basically 0.05 grams of slightly below average strength top(ish) shelf.

When people eat cannabis, at least how I grew up to know the practice, much bigger doses were usually sought.

We used to eat old school hash daily. It was £15 per 1/8th in the 90's, and what we regarded as a sufficient but just about minimally worthwhile dose, was £2.50's worth.

Which is over half a gram of hash, hence even more weight in weed.

A "fiver's" worth, was a very common dose for me, and did certainly provide a pretty strong, full on cannabis experience. I often used to eat as much as a 1/16 th, and often at work as well.

Currently I typically consume about 8 to 15 grams of our infused coconut oil daily, 10 grams of the coconut oil contains about 0.45 grams of weed i think, but I will need to check that on the calculator when my brain is in better gear lol.

A lot of people do like larger dosages, but a lot of people don't, it just depends.
When I make edibles I like them to be around 250mg a piece.... a friend gave his co-worker a 5mg edible and they thought they were dying.

Interesting to note: before CA implemented recreational, you could readily get 1000mg edibles on the medical market.

Alexis

A lot of people do like larger dosages, but a lot of people don't, it just depends.
When I make edibles I like them to be around 250mg a piece.... a friend gave his co-worker a 5mg edible and they thought they were dying.

Interesting to note: before CA implemented recreational, you could readily get 1000mg edibles on the medical market.
Inyeresting to hear that, but as with all things consumable, we can vary so much individually.

Now 250mg- yes bro, that is what I am talking about! About a gram of good weed basically, except I believe you make your edibles with rosin at times.

But that is the ball park I am talking about. Although those sort of doses would likely push overall tolerance up faster.

100mg per day as a maximum I feel would be a more successful approach to using edibles to wean out of the routine and habit of vaping.

Just kind of guessing at that figure though to be honest.

Thanks for sharing the factual information. 👍

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Inyeresting to hear that, but as with all things consumable, we can vary so much individually.

Now 250mg- yes bro, that is what I am talking about! About a gram of good weed basically, except I believe you make your edibles with rosin at times.

But that is the ball park I am talking about. Although those sort of doses would likely push overall tolerance up faster.

100mg per day as a maximum I feel would be a more successful approach to using edibles to wean out of the routine and habit of vaping.

Just kind of guessing at that figure though to be honest.

Thanks for sharing the factual information. 👍

I agree that the high dosage ones can definitely raise tolerance quickly, when used moderately the effects are much more recreationally intense than any of my vaping sessions. I'm a big fan of the idea of using edibles to displace some of the vaping habit, I just never really get fully into it for some reason. I do like the idea of edibles getting past some of the instant gratification we get used to from vaping.

I was on a gummy making binge for a bit, but I was making them so potent they were just disgusting lol, now I pretty much just do rosin capsules and eat anything I want. My newest modification is I like to leave about 25% of the rosin non-decarbed to modulate the cannabinoid spectrum.

Alexis

I agree that the high dosage ones can definitely raise tolerance quickly, when used moderately the effects are much more recreationally intense than any of my vaping sessions. I'm a big fan of the idea of using edibles to displace some of the vaping habit, I just never really get fully into it for some reason. I do like the idea of edibles getting past some of the instant gratification we get used to from vaping.

I was on a gummy making binge for a bit, but I was making them so potent they were just disgusting lol, now I pretty much just do rosin capsules and eat anything I want. My newest modification is I like to leave about 25% of the rosin non-decarbed to modulate the cannabinoid spectrum.
Good logical thinking there, fuller spectrum arguably, and I thought that I picked up a very clear understanding of the concept, that consuming raw unheated cannabis was by far the most medicinal way.

And in your own case like you describe it is not at all as if you are missing out on the psychoactive effects you also seek like the rest of us, but just are able to add an extra super medicinal element to it.

Obviously Rosin is slightly heated and not raw but the same principle will still apply to an extent surely.

Top Bottom