The Nova FX by Ardent

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Ardent says it's because people are used to overdecarbing
I was thinking this might be the case.

I think people expect all that extra body buzz from edibles as well and when they don't get it, they think they're weak.

I definitely will try CBD mode next time, thanks.

VapeEscapist,
Reactions: shredder

hunter548

Thanks! I'll order some of those caps.

I'm curious does your ardent get to 240°? Mine is about 30° shy of that. I don't think anybody has measured these things but me.
If mine is running a lot cooler than normal I'd like to send it back for replacement before the 30 days is up.

I should try running a different cycle on mine. Maybe try baking something later on
I've tested my Nova Lyft. Calibrated digital probe inserted through spare plastic and silicone caps. Mine hit 223F and leveled off at 221F. Ardent tells me peak is supposed to be 230, but I think they're either fooling themselves or maybe there's a wider range of temperatures present across all units. It's also possible Ardent is relying on a longer time/lower temp to get the job done.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
I tried the A2/CBD setting on the FX and it gave me results similar to my convection oven @250 for 25. I used to infuse in the crockpot for 1 hour so I did half an infusion cycle (1.5 hours). They say it should be done after 45 minutes but a cycle is up to 3 hours for those who prefer it.

The reduction in smell is quite good, but preservation of terps means noticeably more cannabis flavor to the end product. I guess this at least means an entourage effect closer to the strain used.

I like the ease of use and the simple design is great but I would prefer something with more flexibility in temperature controls rather than being tethered to their 4 settings (2 of which are mostly useless imo). For the $220 I paid, I'm pretty happy. It works as advertised if you ignore the first setting. The non-stick interior is a high quality finish and once you unscrew the rim it's a super easy clean-up.

VapeEscapist,
Reactions: Vizyt91

shredder

The reduction in smell is quite good, but preservation of terps means noticeably more cannabis flavor to the end product. I guess this at least means an entourage effect closer to the strain used.

I think the retention of terpenes is best in capsules made with and including ground decarbed buds. They seem to be more like vaping the variety used than any other method I've tried.

If you havnt already take a look at the gel capsule thread.

cannabrad

Meet Ardent's Nova FX ($350, free s/h):

https://ardentcannabis.com/product/nova-fx/

From the Ardent website:
"We are so excited to announce the FX all-in-one portable cannabis kitchen aka the Easy Bake Ardent! You can do it ALL in this wonder device. Almost 4x bigger than the Nova with separate settings for activating all your favorite cannabinoids plus infusing and baking all of your favorite edibles right inside!! Be one of the first to get FX, and in time for 4/20!

The Nova FX is an all-in-one activation, infusion, melting, and baking appliance requiring no prior cannabis, cooking, or baking experience to use.
  • Decarboxyate, extract, infuse, melt, and bake all in one appliance
  • Full activation and infusion of THC, CBD, CBD and other cannabinoids
  • Use any plant material (including flower, kief, and concentrate)
  • Odorless
  • Stainless steel cavity
  • 4 different settings for a full range of activation, infusion, melting, baking and more
  • Detachable base for easy clean up
  • No minimum material amount, work with up to 4 oz of plant material at a time
  • Perfect as a personal cooking and crafting device in addition to all of it’s cannabis capabilities
Suitable for smaller kitchen spaces and workspaces without kitchens (no need for an oven, double boiler, or crock pot.) Switch between modes by pressing the “M” button, and start the cycle by pressing the Ardent “A.” The Nova FX is compatible with Ardent’s full line of kitchen tools and kits. Be part of the first wave of FX owners for exclusive access to Ardent’s new releases."
Found that this site has coupons for Ardent, haven't tried it yet myself but seems cool and easy. Hope my kids don't think it is part of their easy bake oven set...it's my easy bake oven, not theirs'!!!!!

Anybody know how to make something that is super easily dissolvable in mouth/tongue area, even a basic oil but a more dissolvable oil base?

cannabrad,

shredder

Anybody know how to make something that is super easily dissolvable in mouth/tongue area, even a basic oil but a more dissolvable oil base?

Yes, try a mct oil infusion. Perfect for this or in coffee, tea and about any food.

A tincture (alcohol) works but it's like liquid fire.

This might help

shredder,

cannabrad

Yes, try a mct oil infusion. Perfect for this or in coffee, tea and about any food.

This might help
I remember early days trying an alcohol spray and man was worse than Binaca (not sure spelling, that painful alcohol mint spray). I've seen MCT oil for tinctures and is good for you overall obviously, wasn't sure if that was the best carrier shit has gotten complicated with words like nano emulsion and shit which I can't do but would love to get the same sort of quick effects.

cannabrad,

shredder

I remember early days trying an alcohol spray and man was worse than Binaca (not sure spelling, that painful alcohol mint spray). I've seen MCT oil for tinctures and is good for you overall obviously, wasn't sure if that was the best carrier shit has gotten complicated with words like nano emulsion and shit which I can't do but would love to get the same sort of quick effects.

For speed of onset nano emulsions are probably best, but mostly unavailable currently for the average Joe (or Jane) making edibles at home.

The best I can do speedwise is roughly 15 minutes with decarbed cannabis oil in a hot drink on an empty stomach. And that's just the onset, the "peak" comes later.

Powdered cannabis oil, infused sugar, and infused mct oil are about the same in speed for me. And I greatly prefer all 3 to a tincture, although they are relatively quick as well.

A massive dose can start quick, but can come with "issues" lol.

A full stomach slows down absorption of edibles, and an empty stomach helps. Not sure how a nano emulsion would work on a full stomach.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

I’ve experimented with a decarbed gram of shatter (750mg), in both 15ml and 10ml of 190 ethanol, to get between approximately a 50mg to 75mg dose in a single 1ml glass syringe. Delivery “sublingual”, that’s about the highest dosage achievable, and it really BURNS, after 10-15 seconds I add a shot glass of water to my mouth, and try to not swallow for 2-3 minutes. I don’t believe it would be healthy long term to mouth tissues.

This is to medicate, for pain relief, as it’s not enjoyable, and so far I’m not convinced it’s working as I hoped. I believe I have a natural high tolerance, as I’m not a heavy vaporist. My experiments with quality MCT coconut oil, lecithin, were all too weak for me. The journey continues….

RustyOldNail,

shredder

I’ve experimented with a decarbed gram of shatter (750mg), in both 15ml and 10ml of 190 ethanol, to get between approximately a 50mg to 75mg dose in a single 1ml glass syringe. Delivery “sublingual”, that’s about the highest dosage achievable, and it really BURNS, after 10-15 seconds I add a shot glass of water to my mouth, and try to not swallow for 2-3 minutes. I don’t believe it would be healthy long term to mouth tissues.

This is to medicate, for pain relief, as it’s not enjoyable, and so far I’m not convinced it’s working as I hoped. I believe I have a natural high tolerance, as I’m not a heavy vaporist. My experiments with quality MCT coconut oil, lecithin, were all too weak for me. The journey continues….

Have you tried straight rso? A piece the size of a medium grain of rice usually does it for most people.

sickmanfraud

You can add the ethanol right into a small amount of water in the beginning and not wait 2-3 minutes in distress.

I add tincture to hot coffee all year with the exception of the summer.

Tincture in coffee has been my wake and bake for years! The ethanol flashes off and then you are left with the cannabis oil in the milk.

@RustyOldNail have you tried adding lecithin to your MCT oil? For some people, lecithin is a game changer.

sickmanfraud,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
You can add the ethanol right into a small amount of water in the beginning and not wait 2-3 minutes in distress.

I add tincture to hot coffee all year with the exception of the summer.

Tincture in coffee has been my wake and bake for years! The ethanol flashes off and then you are left with the cannabis oil in the milk.

@RustyOldNail have you tried adding lecithin to your MCT oil? For some people, lecithin is a game changer.

Lecithin was mentioned in my post. Sublingual is to avoid “bypass” the liver, fastest response.

RustyOldNail,

shredder

Tincture in coffee has been my wake and bake for years!

In coffee for a wake n bake I've tried infused mct oil, infused powdered tapioca maltodextrin, tinctures, and infused brown sugar. I like the infused sugar the best.

For breakfast, as long as we're at it, I like an infused honey butter on toast/muffin/waffle/bagel as well. I make strong canna butter (using ghee) and mix in 1/3rd honey. Very tasty and effective. I've also added infused mct oil to scrambled eggs to surprise friends before. You don't really taste it. So beware, legends are born this way. 💫🪐

shredder,

shredder

I decarbed a batch of buds today and then cleaned the top of my fx removing the silicone that is attached and found tons of resin under it, lol.

I don't remember if I ever took the silicone off before today. My fx is several years old and I ran a bunch of hash and buds through it.

So this is my public service announcement lol. Check under that silicone thingy once in a while.

WalkOfLight

Heyo. How might one decarb some rosin with the FX? should I use the purple sleeve with the glass container in it? or do i have to scrape out the rosin into the purple sleeve?

WalkOfLight,

shredder

Heyo. How might one decarb some rosin with the FX? should I use the purple sleeve with the glass container in it? or do i have to scrape out the rosin into the purple sleeve?

I use a small beaker or a shot glass and put the glass in and take it out with tongs. No need for the sleeve.

A helpful hint, if you use the same vessel for decarbing then mixing later its nice to pre weigh and record the weight of the vessel for later calculations.

For what it's worth my personal observation is I like rosin decarbed in the cbd mode better than in the thc mode in my nova fx.

k420

i bought the nova flex and i must say apart from the extremely long shipping time to the uk, about 10 weeks and the shafting i got from UK customs this bit of kit is absolutely superb. very little mess and as the nova doesn't chop up the weed like the MBM it doesn't seem to transfer as much of the chlorophyll as the MBM and gives a much better taste, i take 5ml spoonful's at a time and the taste doesn't make me want to throw up.
its aimed for running smaller amounts which to be fair is perfect for the average user, if i recall my last run was 250ml avocado oil and 100g of trim which returned enough oil to send me to the moon and back. its not cheap but it does the job very well and seems so far to be very well constructed.
How much did customs charge you? I'm looking to order 1 directly from their website but now considering buying off amazon to avoid import charges.

Top Bottom