The Nova FX by Ardent

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
the FX is awesome, imho. anything i can clean this easily and this completely is just great design and engineering. NOVA proved to be a little flimsy for my regular use.

i wish the article had given a shoutout to the design & engineering team.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: shredder

daoist

As far as i know it is not a two party system. You can vote for others, there is aways some philantropic nutcases doing a run for president.

In my country we have muliple parties in the government, and while this may appear fair at first it is just as corrupt as it can get, because some politicians just sell their soul and principles to run the government. So basicly none of the shit they promised to you, will ever happen, and they have to negotiate with other parties to get something done. it is all time consuming, and it is a corrupt system. because to these politicians the shit they promised you is not so important, they only care about a position of power in the end.

They even hire politicians that were fired a few years back for incompetence or lies etc.. and than 2 years later they hire the same guy back.

If you fuck up your accountant job, they will not hire you again, and your name gets flagged somewhere at whoever regulates accountants. If you are responsible for fucking up the entire governments finances, they may get fired, but these people will get hired again in the next government. It is really fucking weird that it works like that. they should have a safety system that if you fuck up your government job you are not allowed to work there for the next 20 years. besides. these politician only make 100k a year or something but most of them have millions of dollars on their back account. how does that add up?

I don't even vote anymore because of this. But i don't want this topic to derail into political rants.

Last edited:
daoist,

strech

She's right though. So there's that.
Right about what social equitable is just a fancy term for racism. Here in Illinois it was all praised as it was written in the law for minorities to get all these shops and business. Guess what it's been over a year and half and they still haven't got any. You either have the means or you don't. Your skin color shouldn't make any difference on your application.
As far as i know it is not a two party system. You can vote for others, there is aways some philantropic nutcases doing a run for president.

In my country we have muliple parties in the government, and while this may appear fair at first it is just as corrupt as it can get, because some politicians just sell their soul and principles to run the government. So basicly none of the shit they promised to you, will ever happen, and they have to negotiate with other parties to get something done. it is all time consuming, and it is a corrupt system. because to these politicians the shit they promised you is not so important, they only care about a position of power in the end.

They even hire politicians that were fired a few years back for incompetence or lies etc.. and than 2 years later they hire the same guy back.

If you fuck up your accountant job, they will not hire you again, and your name gets flagged somewhere at whoever regulates accountants. If you are responsible for fucking up the entire governments finances, they may get fired, but these people will get hired again in the next government. It is really fucking weird that it works like that. they should have a safety system that if you fuck up your government job you are not allowed to work there for the next 20 years. besides. these politician only make 100k a year or something but most of them have millions of dollars on their back account. how does that add up?

I don't even vote anymore because of this. But i don't want this topic to derail into political rants.
Same shit happens here too. Political power has a way to corrupt. Hunan nature makes it easy to allow it.

strech,

shredder

As a grower that doesn't smoke or vape herb, I take a sample of buds from a new to me variety, decarb in my fx, last time was 3.2 grams, grind the decarbed herb in a coffee grinder until powder and I mixed it with a little liquid lecithin and I fill a small beaker to 15ml with coconut oil, mix well under gentle heat ( I won't lie it was the microwave, lol), then filled 15 size 00 gel capsules with roughly 40mg each. I don't filter off the herb so it's like a semi thick gravy. I cut the tip off a plastic pipette to make it easier (bigger) to suck up the thick mix to fill caps with.

By my last count I had 5 small batches like this.

For me it's the most like smoking/vaping in an edible buzz wise. The same buzz, although it takes longer and lasts longer than vaping. And it's really simple to make, and for me a way to evaluate new buds, or just to enjoy the full spectrum effects of herb.

For night time meds I make basically the same type of capsule but I make it stronger than normal (50mg over a desired 40mg) and decarb 1/2 of the herb twice. This is my version of a sleep inducing medicine. The double decarb degrades some of the thc into cbn, and cbn is good for sleep. Works well for my wife and I.

Also I use the fx to decarb concentrates. For rosin I use a small glass beaker and cover the top with foil. I place it in with a silicone tipped tong. And I use the cbd mode for decarbing rosin on the fx, because it seems to do better decarbing rosin. For sift hash and herb I use the thc mode and it works fine.

For me the nova fx has been great and I use it a lot for big and small batches. Once I decarbed 85 grams of sift hash at once, and sometimes just a couple grams.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

Use code LD25 at checkout for 25% off sitewide -- this weekend only!
I was looking at their site a few weeks ago. They had the Nova with the silicone sleeve on a combo deal for $175 with free shipping. Now for their grand Labor Day sale, they jacked the price up to $285 and give a 25% discount, which amounts to a sale price of $213.50. Now that's marketing.

Last edited:

1nd3cEnt

They had the Nova with the silicone sleeve on a combo deal for $175 with free shipping.
That's a very nice deal for the Ardent Nova with the silicon infusion sleeve thrown in as a bonus. But I've tracked the Ardent Nova on Amazon for a couple of years using the Amazon app & the lowest price I have seen so far was $170 (Currently on Amazon: $260).

The lowest price so far for the Ardent FX has been around $250. Right now with the Labor Day weekend 25% discount, the Ardent FX is $262.50.
Caveat emptor, I guess.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
At the time, Amazon was selling it (Nova) for $260, so $175 did seem like a very good deal. I even had it in the cart, but I just wasn't sure I wanted it. I like the idea of set it and forget it, but didn't like the cost for something that only has one setting. Many reviews I've read say it does its job, but the build quality could be better.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

I paid $280 for the fx on a x-mas sale. Included was the silicone sleeve and a french press thingy to strain oil.

I've probably used it a hundred times this year, I decarbed 17 grams of green crack today, so no regrets.

shredder,
Reactions: strech

strech

I had a bunch of issues when I first got mine but it all came down to the surge protector I was using was not working correctly. Once I plugged it straight into the wall socket it worked just as described. A1 for THC has done everything I've stuck in it. I did bake in it a few time. If your making just one cookie or something then yeah go for it but anything more then that your better off sticking it in the oven.

shredder

I had a bunch of issues when I first got mine but it all came down to the surge protector I was using was not working correctly. Once I plugged it straight into the wall socket it worked just as described. A1 for THC has done everything I've stuck in it. I did bake in it a few time. If your making just one cookie or something then yeah go for it but anything more then that your better off sticking it in the oven.

I've learned to use the A2 setting for decarbing rosin, and if I want to decarb 15 grams of hydrated buds I start with 17 grams. I used to pre dry my buds before decarbing. This summer has been pretty humid, and I got impatient, so I just started decarbing regular buds stored with humidity packs, and add 2 grams per 15 to make up for the water weight loss. And for making sleepy time meds I decarb half the herb/hash twice to make cbn.

shredder,

strech

I've learned to use the A2 setting for decarbing rosin, and if I want to decarb 15 grams of hydrated buds I start with 17 grams. I used to pre dry my buds before decarbing. This summer has been pretty humid, and I got impatient, so I just started decarbing regular buds stored with humidity packs, and add 2 grams per 15 to make up for the water weight loss. And for making sleepy time meds I decarb half the herb/hash twice to make cbn.
I've used all the concentrates available at the local dispensary. Shatter, sugar, crumble, live resin, live sauce and what not.A1 has turned it all on for me. I haven't tried flower or rosin yet.

shredder

I've used all the concentrates available at the local dispensary. Shatter, sugar, crumble, live resin, live sauce and what not.A1 has turned it all on for me. I haven't tried flower or rosin yet.

I came to this conclusion by accident. I tried decarbing rosin in the A2 mode to make cbn as an experiment. It didn't work at all making cbn, but it was stronger than other rosin decarbed with the A1 mode. Since then I've decarbed more and experimented more and now just use the A2 mode for rosin. A1 for sift hash, and buds.

BTW, I never used to decarb rosin for medibles. I still got high, not as high, but it was very enjoyable. And once in a while I still don't decarb rosin because I like the effects. Less stone and more happy go lucky.

And after going back and forth for a while (years) with it, I don't decarb my homegrown cbd any more, although I do use a cbd isolate (decarbed) at times in medibles. Quite a bit of difference in effects between the two. I find the undecarbed cbd (buds, hash rosin) more uplifting. And ive read somewhere that cbda is in some respects more powerful medically than cbd. I like the cbd isolate more at night.

Top Bottom