The Nova FX by Ardent

Has anybody dealt with ardent support? It's been eight days and I haven't heard a peep from them. I've sent them a couple emails seeing if there's a reset or if I can send my unit to them. I'm not sure if they're just backlogged from the holidays or if they're ignoring me.

Hopefully they're working behind the scenes and they're waiting for an answer from the head engineer 😶

Robert Paulson,
Reactions: shredder

Krazy

My experience waaay back in the day was outstanding CS; except when they get slammed during a huge sale. Even then they were very good, just slow.

shredder

Thanks! I'll order some of those caps.

I'm curious does your ardent get to 240°? Mine is about 30° shy of that. I don't think anybody has measured these things but me.
If mine is running a lot cooler than normal I'd like to send it back for replacement before 30 days is up.

I should try running a different cycle on mine. Maybe try baking something later on
Not sure if you ever heard from ardent yet, but this link goes into more details as the decarb temps in a nova fx.

The Ardent Cannabis Nova FX provides the user with the option to choose which Cannabinoid to convert, CBDA into CBD, CBGA to CBG or THCA into THC. The THC/CBG cycle (A1) activates at a top temperature of 220 degrees fahrenheit, while the CBD cycle (A2) is at a slightly higher temperature and a little longer in duration. Besides THC and CBD, the Nova FX can also activate CBG and other Cannabinoids; Ardent Cannabis has testing results for CBGA converting to CBG.

Thanks shredder! I haven't heard anything from Ardent yet. I know my bake mode is far from functioning at 300°. I ran that cake mix through twice which took 3 hours and it was still mostly liquid.

I've also did an oven decarb at 230° last week. There's definitely a noticeable difference in effects from the oven vs ardent. Oven being stronger. I think all the modes on my ardent are running low especially bake mode

I was just looking around their website and realized they had a phone number listed. I'll have to give them a call in next few days. I've been trying to contact them on their support email listed on the warranty page.

Robert Paulson,

buddahmaster

Thanks shredder! I haven't heard anything from Ardent yet. I know my bake mode is far from functioning at 300°. I ran that cake mix through twice which took 3 hours and it was still mostly liquid.

I've also did an oven decarb at 230° last week. There's definitely a noticeable difference in effects from the oven vs ardent. Oven being stronger. I think all the modes on my ardent are running low especially bake mode

I was just looking around their website and realized they had a phone number listed. I'll have to give them a call in next few days. I've been trying to contact them on their support email listed on the warranty page.
always make sure the ardent is plugged into an outlet that isn't being used by other items sucking the electricity. its best to put to in a location where the current if running powerfully

WalkOfLight

I have the Ardent FX, just got the Magic Butter Machine, and now I am ordering this as a back up - STX Activation 420 Decarboxylator Herbal Activator. It is a 1/3 of the price of the ardent, and you can get a 4 year warranty for 29.99 also.

always make sure the ardent is plugged into an outlet that isn't being used by other items sucking the electricity. its best to put to in a location where the current if running powerfully
I tried it on a couple different plugins through my house, none of them have much electrical load. Didn't notice any change between them.

I will run the Ardent on my Sinewave UPS next time.
I have the Ardent FX, just got the Magic Butter Machine, and now I am ordering this as a back up - STX Activation 420 Decarboxylator Herbal Activator. It is a 1/3 of the price of the ardent, and you can get a 4 year warranty for 29.99 also.
Just did a quick glance at that decarboxylator. Price looks right. Hope someone picks one up and tells us all about it:)

Robert Paulson,

shredder

Did you read the reviews of the stx? The reviews on amazon we're not very good.

I've used mine in a variety of rooms without any issues. Once in my grow room with tons of things drawing electric power.

I store it in a cabinet in our unheated garage. So it's usually cold when I start it. Other than it takes a little longer it works fine if it starts cold.

WalkOfLight

Yep, theres like 2-3
Did you read the reviews of the stx? The reviews on amazon we're not very good.

I've used mine in a variety of rooms without any issues. Once in my grow room with tons of things drawing electric power.

I store it in a cabinet in our unheated garage. So it's usually cold when I start it. Other than it takes a little longer it works fine if it starts cold.
yea I saw, but I also saw poor reviews for ardent. Like it suddenly doesn’t work and support don’t answer. I was Leary about shipping 400 for something that’s going to breakdown someday. I’ll ship the STX back if it’s not up to par. Will keep you all posted. It arrives Thursday.
Was also considering the magic butter box for decarb. Looks like a sturdy back up option...

I'm not sure if ardent support exists. I haven't heard anything from them since my first emailing around the 1st of the year. I haven't been rude to them, just asking if there's anything I can do to fix it or if it can be sent in for calibration.

A1 and bake mode are useless on my machine. A2 mode works good in place of A1. Infuse also seems to work.

Has anybody else on the forums had no response from support? I've seen a number of people saying support is very slow.

I've sure been getting tons of advertising emails from Ardent since I purchased my unit.

WalkOfLight

I'm not sure if ardent support exists. I haven't heard anything from them since my first emailing around the 1st of the year. I haven't been rude to them, just asking if there's anything I can do to fix it or if it can be sent in for calibration.

A1 and bake mode are useless on my machine. A2 mode works good in place of A1. Infuse also seems to work.

Has anybody else on the forums had no response from support? I've seen a number of people saying support is very slow.

I've sure been getting tons of advertising emails from Ardent since I purchased my unit.
I spoke to them two weeks after black friday last year. I know this because I paid the full price, and then its on sale for like 280. When I asked for a better price, they responded right away saying no. Which is a shame because I'm in a legal area with medical reach.

shredder

I have used the contact button on their site to ask questions. They got back to me in a few days. But then again my fx works fine.

spoke to them two weeks after black friday last year. I know this because I paid the full price, and then its on sale for like 280. When I asked for a better price, they responded right away saying no. Which is a shame because I'm in a legal area with medical reach.

Good point for anyone thinking of buying one. They have been having sales on the normal holidays and 4/20. I lurked for a while and bought one on a holiday sale. And 4/20 is coming up next month.

daoist

So is this Ardent really better than using an oven? I decarb in my airfryer like a true pauper. Seems to work fine.
I am not really convinced this ardent stuff is actually better. I read comments in this topic that the regular oven has stronger results. That does not sound very promising. But this girl that runs the Ardent company seems like a nice lady (she was in the troy and jerry show) so I don't want to trash it right away, especially if i did not try it yet, but I am not really to sure if it actually is any better so i look for real life experiences here.

Last edited:

shredder

So is this Ardent really better than using an oven? I decarb in my airfryer like a true pauper. Seems to work fine.
I am not really convinced this ardent stuff is actually better. I read comments in this topic that the regular oven has stronger results. That does not sound very promising. But this girl that runs the Ardent company seems like a nice lady (she was in the troy and jerry show) so I don't want to trash it right away, especially if i id not try it yet, but I am not really to sure if it actually is any better so i look for real life experiences here.

If your happy with using your air fryer, why change?

Before getting my nova fx I had inconsistent results. No two batches seemed alike.

So for most of medibles I used my homemade feco that was decarbed in the making process. Feco in medibles works great, but I wanted more.

I wanted to know if I could do better by decarbing rosin, and I started making sift hash and wanted to decarb that and use it for medibles.

So I a sale I bought the nova fx. Since then I've used it frequently. I'm a caregiver/grower so it's just not for my household.

The only con I found is when I decarbed herb directly in the unit and then poured out the oil herb mix some warm oil ran down the unit and got under the bottom plastic.
The next time I used it it left a little oil on the base, and some odor.

I resolved it by putting it in our dishwasher. The hot dishwasher water got all the oil out.

Other than that it's worked fine, and I use it once or twice a week. Lately my loaded chocolate bars have been a big hit with my patients. In fact I made 6 chocolate bars today with decarbed, in the nova fx, sift hash.

Shredder...I'm pretty sure that top black rim on the nova FX screws off for cleaning.
Yes exactly why change...
I got an nova FX for convenience and safety.
Stealth would be a good reason to get it too.

I'm also the one that said my oven results were stronger than my fx. I've started using A2 mode since I wrote that. That mode gets up to 220° and runs a few minutes longer on my unit. The results are much closer to the oven.

shredder

Shredder...I'm pretty sure that top black rim on the nova FX screws off for cleaning.

I got an nova FX for convenience and safety.
Stealth would be a good reason to get it too.

I'm also the one that said my oven results were stronger than my fx. I've started using A2 mode since I wrote that. That mode gets up to 220° and runs a few minutes longer on my unit. The results are much closer to the oven.

I read somewhere, probably on ardent's web site that some people are used to over decarbing their herb, thereby getting thc degrading to cbn's for a sedating type effect, and are disappointed that they do not get the same results with a nova/nova fx.. And ardent makes it seem like its a communication or education type problem, and provide testing to back their claims up.

Im not discounting your issues, or am I saying that is what is going on with your unit, it doesn't sound like that to me, but that might explain ardent's reasoning in their dealings with you. :hmm:

I've been experimenting to get cbn's on the other hand, lol. Next time I make coconut capsules for sleep I wanna try decarbing indica rosin in the cbd mode. If that's lacking, idk yet, I may try adding more sedating type terpenes to the capsules.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I read somewhere, probably on ardent's web site that some people are used to over decarbing their herb, thereby getting thc degrading to cbn's for a sedating type effect, and are disappointed that they do not get the same results with a nova/nova fx

That's really interesting because I've been wondering if that was occurring. A lot of old school methods involve very long infusion times, often 12-24h in a slow cooker. I figured it was because a lot of old school methods didn't decarb either, but people seem to want stony, sedative CBN type effects.

My method used to be 230°F between 40 to 50 minutes. I know if I left it on longer It really knocks me out. Which I don't really care for. I could definitely be in the process of converting into CBD. Just not full on cbd quite yet.decarboxylation-graph-b.jpg

Last edited:

shredder

That's really interesting because I've been wondering if that was occurring. A lot of old school methods involve very long infusion times, often 12-24h in a slow cooker. I figured it was because a lot of old school methods didn't decarb either, but people seem to want stony, sedative CBN type effects.

Back when we were vaping a lot of herb, I made oil from the abv. Naturally licking my fingers and tools when done. One day my 90 something year old mother came over for a Sunday dinner. At dinner I actually couldn't stay awake, it was like I had narcolepsy or something. I excused myself and went to my bed and laid down for a couple hours. My wife was pissed, lol.

That oil was excellent for sleep inducing capsules and id like to replicate that in an easy way but avoid using abv for the starting material. I tried a double decarb with herb in my nova. It worked to a degree, but it was weak because I think I destroyed too many cannabinoids. So next time I wanna try decarbing rosin in the cbd mode.

When I asked ardent about decarbing thc type material in the cbd mode they just said "go for it". Not exactly the technical support I expected. But I will go for it when our current capsules run low.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Back when we were vaping a lot of herb, I made oil from the abv. Naturally licking my fingers and tools when done. One day my 90 something year old mother came over for a Sunday dinner. At dinner I actually couldn't stay awake, it was like I had narcolepsy or something. I excused myself and went to my bed and laid down for a couple hours. My wife was pissed, lol.

That oil was excellent for sleep inducing capsules and id like to replicate that in an easy way but avoid using abv for the starting material. I tried a double decarb with herb in my nova. It worked to a degree, but it was weak because I think I destroyed too many cannabinoids. So next time I wanna try decarbing rosin in the cbd mode.

When I asked ardent about decarbing thc type material in the cbd mode they just said "go for it". Not exactly the technical support I expected. But I will go for it when our current capsules run low.

I wonder if you can really convert to CBN without using higher temperatures. I've seen lab results for liquid live resin which is fully decarbed for vape pens, and they were decarbing for a few days at like 170F. And the guy had the lab results to show decarboxylation without losing terpenes.

Maybe you could use UV light to force the oxidation, instead of temperature. I believe some parts of Afghanistan dry and cure until the next season before sifting into hash. And Afghani (real) hashish is often further decarbed when heated and "pulled" during production. And some still cure the hash itself for considerable time in that state before consuming. That might be the trifecta of time + heat + light to get the most sedative stone.

Top Bottom