The Nova FX by Ardent

1nd3cEnt

Meet Ardent's Nova FX ($350, free s/h):

https://ardentcannabis.com/product/nova-fx/

From the Ardent website:
"We are so excited to announce the FX all-in-one portable cannabis kitchen aka the Easy Bake Ardent! You can do it ALL in this wonder device. Almost 4x bigger than the Nova with separate settings for activating all your favorite cannabinoids plus infusing and baking all of your favorite edibles right inside!! Be one of the first to get FX, and in time for 4/20!

The Nova FX is an all-in-one activation, infusion, melting, and baking appliance requiring no prior cannabis, cooking, or baking experience to use.
  • Decarboxyate, extract, infuse, melt, and bake all in one appliance
  • Full activation and infusion of THC, CBD, CBD and other cannabinoids
  • Use any plant material (including flower, kief, and concentrate)
  • Odorless
  • Stainless steel cavity
  • 4 different settings for a full range of activation, infusion, melting, baking and more
  • Detachable base for easy clean up
  • No minimum material amount, work with up to 4 oz of plant material at a time
  • Perfect as a personal cooking and crafting device in addition to all of it’s cannabis capabilities
Suitable for smaller kitchen spaces and workspaces without kitchens (no need for an oven, double boiler, or crock pot.) Switch between modes by pressing the “M” button, and start the cycle by pressing the Ardent “A.” The Nova FX is compatible with Ardent’s full line of kitchen tools and kits. Be part of the first wave of FX owners for exclusive access to Ardent’s new releases."

Pagliachi

From the Ardent website:
"We are so excited to announce the FX all-in-one portable cannabis kitchen aka the Easy Bake Ardent! You can do it ALL in this wonder device. Almost 4x bigger than the Nova with separate settings for activating all your favorite cannabinoids plus infusing and baking all of your favorite edibles right inside!! Be one of the first to get FX, and in time for 4/20!

The Nova FX is an all-in-one activation, infusion, melting, and baking appliance requiring no prior cannabis, cooking, or baking experience to use.
  • Odorless
  • Stainless steel cavity
  • 4 different settings for a full range of activation, infusion, melting, baking and more
  • Perfect as a personal cooking and crafting device in addition to all of it’s cannabis capabilities
Suitable for smaller kitchen spaces and workspaces without kitchens (no need for an oven, double boiler, or crock pot.) Switch between modes by pressing the “M” button, and start the cycle by pressing the Ardent “A.” The Nova FX is compatible with Ardent’s full line of kitchen tools and kits. Be part of the first wave of FX owners for exclusive access to Ardent’s new releases."
Sounds interesting.

From the Ardent website:

• Odorless
  • Stainless steel cavity
sounds interesting

Pagliachi,

okc0mputer

I just received a Nova fx and am running my initial decarb tests. Hopefully this will help take my edibles to the level of dispensary products without paying $25 for 10 gummies, etc. I'll report back with my findings

Baron23

From the Ardent website:

• Odorless
  • Stainless steel cavity
It slices, it dices, it juliennes potatoes! But wait, there's more! haha

okc0mputer

So I've decarbed some flower, concentrates, and keif at this point all with excellent results. I've also infused some honey and hemp milk, also with great results. It was super easy using the infusion mode on the device, and required very little herb. Keif was cool because I was able to just sprinkle it in my matcha tea without even tasting it (but it was super potent!)
I've also read vaping decarbed weed has benefits and gave that a try with my session ending as I type this. While I've heard from multiple sources that convection vapes decarb the herb while vaping, I think that's only partially true. Decarbed flower is much more potent when vaping, although lacking in the flavor department.
I mainly purchased this thing for its potential in the edibles department however, and it really does work well for decarbing and infusing. If you've ever made cannabutter in a crockpot or double boiler, etc. I think you'll really appreciate this thing. One understated feature is that it doesn't make your entire house smell like a grow room, contrary to crockpot methods. While they advertise its ability to bake inside it I won't be trying that feature myself as I have a kitchen, but it might be handy for someone in a small apartment or looking for maximum discretion.
Quality seems excellent on this new nova fx as well. The exterior is a purple aluminum shell and the interior is stainless steel. The unit has a very solid feel as well, and is heavier than I expected. Overall I'm real happy with this thing, which is good since I spent the money I was going to buy a Tetra P80 with on this instead. It performs its main function, decarboxylation, extremely well and with minimum effort on my part and that's worth waiting another month for a Tetra :)

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i have a Nova, and got a FX for spouse who likes edibles for sleep. it has separate modes for decarbing THC and CBD. very nice upgrade from the Nova, love the stainless steel chamber. i also got the strainer/press to make it easier to drain the infused oil. came with a carrying case, which i think is a bit overkill, but nicely done.

shredder

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
as a testimonial to the FX, spouse is using it all by herself!!!

i love how it cleans up - totally waterproof, so soap and water is no issue. they say dishwasher safe, but i think that is stretching it a bit - at least i wouldn't try it.

Krazy

OK then. I had mixed results with my own Nova use. But obsessive research and the experiences of users here convince me I just had shite luck in that regard. It happens with the best of products. And better me than someone without free meds. As a result I've uped my rough and ready old dude cooking skills to lab grade.

So I don't really need this thing. Ya, I'm probably getting a kit.

Krazy,

shredder

as a testimonial to the FX, spouse is using it all by herself!!!

i love how it cleans up

So your the dishwasher?

Im hoping my wife will take to using it when it comes. She already has enough kitchen gadgets to supply a restaurant, what's one more?

Of course I have enough vapes to supply a medium size reform school, lol.

I had mixed results with my own Nova use
Rut ro, could you explain a little more? You got me nervous, ours is set to be here tomorrow.

shredder

My ardent nova fx came 2 days ago. I've decarbed some tumbler hash in it so far. I'm making some hash capsules today at approximately 33mg each. (I'm assuming my hash is 500mg per gram).

But so far it seems to work well, and we didn't notice any weed smell. When it was done and cooled there was a slight roasted nut smell.

And of course I had to test. I took a pinch of the hash and ate it. It was about what I'd have used by myself smoking/vaping. I didn't weigh it.

The buzz was about the same as smoking that amount of hash, but it took about an hour to really get going. I felt a little before that but not much. The good news was that it lasted about 8 hours peaking at 5-6 hours.

The taste was a little odd, kinda nutty but not like weed at all and texture was gritty.

So far we're pleased with our our purchase.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I read a bunch of reviews and ordered one tonight. I've been looking at ways to decarb sift hash and rosin, without my wife freaking out at the smell, lol.
Recently you had posted that you didn’t feel decarbing rosin made a difference, do you still feel that way?

invertedisdead,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

Recently you had posted that you didn’t feel decarbing rosin made a difference, do you still feel that way?
I don't know, we haven't used this nova fx to decarb rosin yet.

My previous decarbing of rosin was in oil, in the oven. I know now, not the best way. Idk if I actually decarbed it, lol.

I do like using a gram of not decarbed rosin in a brownie mix, it's worked well like that for us. And it seems like the right amount for 16-20 brownies.

Last edited:

Krazy

I got mine whilst they were scaling up and scrambling to meet demand. My replacement worked fine for quite a while until I tested it to destruction. https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/100-decarb-with-the-nova.20534/

"I did many back to back runs at full capacity for the same reasons, and without the cool down period. All within the product guidelines; but still. After 40 runs the temp control went out (UP!) and I effectively vaped rather than decarbing a load, lol. Not a big deal for me with free meds but potentially catastrophic for a poor person in a non legal state.

HOWEVER: I was knowingly pushing it within the stated guidelines to see how it held up. :p (doctor, doctor, it hurts when I do this...).

By the end of it all I had decarbed, oiled, and fudged enough meds for all my people to have a 1/2 year minimum medicine back up. I will probably get another Nova in 1/2 a year. My future usage will be slightly below capacity and have a cool off period between batches."

I received my FX holiday bundle a week ago. Just using it for the second time now. I kept my Maverick temp probe inside my unit this time and it stays very steady at 210.6 F. It took almost 20 minutes to reach that temperature. Right around 50-60 minutes in it starts flashing red and enters cooldown mode for 30 to 40 minutes. Has anybody else checked the temperature of their Ardents? I ran my unit on A1 both times. I'm going to retest in a few days.

Robert Paulson,

shredder

I received my FX holiday bundle a week ago. Just using it for the second time now. I kept my Maverick temp probe inside my unit this time and it stays very steady at 210.6 F. It took almost 20 minutes to reach that temperature. Right around 50-60 minutes in it starts flashing red and enters cooldown mode for 30 to 40 minutes. Has anybody else checked the temperature of their Ardents? I ran my unit on A1 both times. I'm going to retest in a few days.

Was your gear decarbed?

Ive just used mine once, with hash, and it seemed to work pretty well. For me thats the bottom line, does it work? And does it constantly decarb as advertised.

shredder,
I've only tried from the first batch. It felt like it wasn't fully decarbed. So I ran a second test with small amount material and my temperature probe so I can monitor it wirelessly.

I'm used to decarboxylating in a preheated wide mouth mason jar in the oven @ 230F for 50 minutes. The effects seem stronger with the oven. Definitely more sampling is needed then the two or three doses I've tried.

Part of me really wishes the FX would fit a wide mouth jar and also have some temperature adjustment. Standard colors would be nice too

Robert Paulson,
FX is really convenient to use and it work well. It definitely decarbs at a lower temperature than I'm used to. I believe it runs close to 100 minutes and gets up to and maintains 210° Even at the end of the cycle it's still at 140° F

My initial impression was the FX produced 10 to 15% less potent material than my oven method. To be honest I'm not sure anymore. I ran out of my oven supply and I would need to run side by side with the same product. Not sure when I'll try that but I still want to. As of right now I'm happy with my purchase. It' simplified a process

Top Bottom