• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Nomad From Morwood

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Here you @Modicum

Screenshot-20220523-163740-Instagram.jpg

Vaporware

Thank you! Pics don’t do it justice. Every time I pick it up, I’m in awe of the craftsmanship and shaping.

Also, happy to report that the nippled stems made by @mistvaporizer for the nomad 1 fits the nomad 2.

I was about to ask if that was one of the mistvape stems! I’m glad I got one, but I’m guessing there’s no one selling the same type of stem anymore… :disgust:

I’m sure the standard stems with balls should do at least as good a job on the cooling front, but that’s a lot more tiny pieces to clean and keep track of.

seriousTone

Thank you! Pics don’t do it justice. Every time I pick it up, I’m in awe of the craftsmanship and shaping.

Also, happy to report that the nippled stems made by @mistvaporizer for the nomad 1 fits the nomad 2. I may try to get more made.
I bet the pics don't. And I was actually thinking how much I liked that style stem, even though I'm not really partial to glass stems in general.

seriousTone,
Reactions: flammy

flammy

I was about to ask if that was one of the mistvape stems! I’m glad I got one, but I’m guessing there’s no one selling the same type of stem anymore… :disgust:

I’m sure the standard stems with balls should do at least as good a job on the cooling front, but that’s a lot more tiny pieces to clean and keep track of.

The glass stems with cooling beads does offer similar degree of cooling if not slighting more. This said, I generally use the Blackwood stem from Dan with no beads. Vapor really isn’t that warm imo.

Unfortunately the nippled stems have been sold out for a while. I have a few spares and may throw some up on classifieds here but again I really don’t feel they are necessary at all.

Last edited:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
For anyone who has one of these, how useful is it to feel the heat while learning the technique for this vape?

Zuhdj,
Reactions: Ripstar

flammy

For anyone who has one of these, how useful is it to feel the heat while learning the technique for this vape?

I have a slightly different take. I think heat feedback is obviously useful but I don't personally rely on it anymore. Pressure builds up inside the stem chamber once there is sufficient heat and I use that pressure build up to gauge when I should let off the button.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Unfortunately the nippled stems have been sold out for a while. I have a few spares and may throw some up on classifieds here but again I really don’t feel they are necessary at all.

Hopefully maybe someday Dave will be able to make them again, he's been getting his workshop set up in California, vape stuff not really doable anymore because of the mail ban, but perhaps he can do accessories again if they are classified properly...

And because I'm a glutton for punishment, they are not nippled by the way, those are actually indents, dimpled if anything, spikes. They are not nipples, because nipples are porous, if the top of the stem was narrowed a bit, then it would become a nipple mouthpiece stem though... ;) :rofl:

I actually have a surprise, glass cooling stem to test, when my Toad finally arrives... Sorry to tease, but it was relevant now! :brow:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Man I want to try my nomad so bad but she's still but a beautiful chunk of wood. Im trying to be patient but with all these roads rolling out I'm too excited to see how it evolves to the final product! What was that like? Seeing it slowly become your vape.

Zuhdj,
Reactions: Ramahs

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
That curly koa is gorgeous. One of my favorites from the batch. Congrats!
I remember when he demonstrated his wood finish using your chunk of wood. This thing turned out so pretty. Out of curiosity, are you the one who ordered Koa to match your instrument? I could've sworn someone ordered koa to match their ukelele or guitar or something like that.

On an unrelated side note, what does the brass look like once it's patina has developed?

Top Bottom