• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Nomad From Morwood

mourningbell

Certified human
I don't know if this will quell any suspense, but I went out of my way trying to expend a battery (Molicel P26A) in my Nomad the other night (using Dan's hybrid heater). I got through 7 bowls and the battery was still kicking. Fell asleep, woke up in the morning and had the 8th bowl--definitely noticed a pretty steep performance drop off around then; it can still get hot enough, just takes much longer.

Every bowl I packed was full, lightly tamped. And each cooked to a dark brown. Really impressive heater efficiency Dan!!

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
@mourningbell

Thanks for the feedback! As far as I know the Nomad heater uses the lowest wattage of any unregulated vape out there. I believe this has to do with the efficient heater design and the fact that any waste heat is recycled back into the air-stream. The 316ss heater shell is designed to wick away as little heat as possible, while having just enough mass to properly transfer electricity without any meaningful power loss.

The heater also sits as close as possible to the herb chamber, so there is less heat wasted as the air travels from the heater to the chamber.

Dreadvik

Hello Nomaders!

So the VAS had hit me hard after finding this forum and I was reading the Toad thread when I saw these Nomads and Nomad2s. I've found the IG and seen more of this art but then saw there will be no more Nomads :( I really like the one with the sleeve and the wood and the design having a bit more too it than the simplistic design of the toad. I wondered is there anywhere one might find a secondhand one? I know if it was me I'd never sell but thought I'd have a look! I have a few more items on my list to fix my VAS issues too and wonder have I missed a buy and sell area here?

Failing that I'm gonna get on the list for Nomad2 and wait it out! I'm in the UK btw so closer links appreciated! Keep seeing things I want that are seperated from my by the big pond!

One love vapers!

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Hello Nomaders!

So the VAS had hit me hard after finding this forum and I was reading the Toad thread when I saw these Nomads and Nomad2s. I've found the IG and seen more of this art but then saw there will be no more Nomads :( I really like the one with the sleeve and the wood and the design having a bit more too it than the simplistic design of the toad. I wondered is there anywhere one might find a secondhand one? I know if it was me I'd never sell but thought I'd have a look! I have a few more items on my list to fix my VAS issues too and wonder have I missed a buy and sell area here?

Failing that I'm gonna get on the list for Nomad2 and wait it out! I'm in the UK btw so closer links appreciated! Keep seeing things I want that are seperated from my by the big pond!

One love vapers!
Lol. Good fuckin luck finding one of these on the exchange. That’s pretty much about as rare as getting one brand new. You just have to watch the exchange, on here or on Reddit. I guarantee there’s a UKentexchange

Dreadvik

hahaha!
Good luck with your second-hand search!

when I have the pleasure of receiving a device from Dan... I will keep it!

after my death - decades from now - it will go to my children or be buried with me!!
Hehe same as! I can see it costing arm and a leg if I do find one!

Cheers to poster above too will check reddit too!

The nomad just so pretty the graffiti one in his insta is so me!

Vaporware

@Dreadvik I’ve seen one sell soon after the original owner got it; maybe money problems or they just liked something else they had better?

That’s the only one I’ve even heard of selling second hand, but I would also buy just about any Nomad that was put up for sale if I had money at the time. I couldn’t and shouldn’t keep a bunch of them, but it would be cool to see them in person, and there are some I might not be able to let go of… :luv:

I’d absolutely get on the Nomad II list, let Dan know you’re interested in the Toad, and see which you like best moving forward. Or maybe someone will offer to sell you a Nomad I, but I think it’s a long shot!

Dreadvik

@Dreadvik I’ve seen one sell soon after the original owner got it; maybe money problems or they just liked something else they had better?

That’s the only one I’ve even heard of selling second hand, but I would also buy just about any Nomad that was put up for sale if I had money at the time. I couldn’t and shouldn’t keep a bunch of them, but it would be cool to see them in person, and there are some I might not be able to let go of… :luv:

I’d absolutely get on the Nomad II list, let Dan know you’re interested in the Toad, and see which you like best moving forward. Or maybe someone will offer to sell you a Nomad I, but I think it’s a long shot!
Cheers I will message him my email now!

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
@letter never sent , Thanks man! I love the old tools... and would much rather buy things used. Someday I dream of being that old man with a shop that feels like a nest of cool stuff.

For those curious to see:
First of all, this makes me so excited about these updates. Mine aren't rolling in yet but seems like it could be any day now :). Also, that outdoor shop looks so cozy in the snow. Living in Texas, I don't get to see much of that

DillGaff

Already put in my will that I'm to be buried with it & I haven't even received mine yet!

And if I die before I get one, my family is already "on notice" to exhume my body & place it in my right hand with a fully charged battery :rofl:

seriousTone

I hope it is ok that I am posting this video here as the Okin's thread is basically dead.

As my Nomad II is being worked on I've been anticipating and excited to make a special video for it when it's arrival is finally here.

At long last I was inspired and had the realization that it would only be right to first make a video for the Okin.

So for the last week I've been putting this together; for those that will never have the great pleasure of using an Okin, I hope this video is a good representation of the experience.

Hope you guys don't find it too self indulgent in length. I could have spent many more hours filming every last detail and aspect in every angle of the device and box but I was able to contain myself for the most part.

Vaporware

@xtraclipsforxtrashit Really well done, man! It was a little long, but as someone who was too late to get an Okin and would have loved to get in on it, I would have been happy to see even more. :love:

…also, as a bit of a filmmaker myself, I wanted to say your shots are nice and I think you show what it is and how it works pretty well. I hope we see some similarly cool shots of your Nomad…minus the flames. :lol:

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
We are almost there! Here's what I've been finishing up over the last... long time.

DSCF7096.jpg

DSCF7099.jpg

DSCF7100.jpg

DSCF7101.jpg

DSCF7102.jpg

DSCF7103.jpg

DSCF7104.jpg

DSCF7105.jpg

DSCF7107.jpg

DSCF7108.jpg

DSCF7109.jpg

DSCF7110.jpg

DSCF7111.jpg

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
I hope it is ok that I am posting this video here as the Okin's thread is basically dead.

As my Nomad II is being worked on I've been anticipating and excited to make a special video for it when it's arrival is finally here.

At long last I was inspired and had the realization that it would only be right to first make a video for the Okin.

So for the last week I've been putting this together; for those that will never have the great pleasure of using an Okin, I hope this video is a good representation of the experience.

Hope you guys don't find it too self indulgent in length. I could have spent many more hours filming every last detail and aspect in every angle of the device and box but I was able to contain myself for the most part.
Fantastic!

Top Bottom