The Nomad From Morwood

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Just did a complete cleaning of all contact points and am ready for another 3 months or so. 10 minute job, give or take. Just keep your magnets orientated properly and your good.
Hard to believe I'm going on 3 1/2 years with this beauty. Almost that long on the list for my next one. :D I was on pace for batch 2 of the original nomad when the Nomad 2's became an option.
Heres Nomad 001 with an E nano stem for home use, the gong is perfect length for on the go, or for bong usage, which I don't do with the Nomad.
Caveat: not all of my E nano stems fit in the Nomad, a couple are a bit to thick.

PXL-20211129-174845735.jpg
God I'm so excited for this vape. 123 seems a long way away :(

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
@Zuhdj

Just gave an update on when batch 1 people can expect the last of the batch to go out.

Shipping out the first half of the batch in smaller groups has seemed to work really well, allowing me to hone the rest of the process and get better with each pass. This last little batch was the fastest by far.

A big improvement came from speeding up the shaping and sanding steps that transform the bodies into their final shape. By practicing more on the sanding wheels and using more reference templates I went from being able to only shape/sand 1 Nomad II body in a day.... to 6. If you break that down over a batch of 30-40, that's around a month of saved time, just in that step alone. Gotta love that!

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
@Zuhdj

Just gave an update on when batch 1 people can expect the last of the batch to go out.

Shipping out the first half of the batch in smaller groups has seemed to work really well, allowing me to hone the rest of the process and get better with each pass. This last little batch was the fastest by far.

A big improvement came from speeding up the shaping and sanding steps that transform the bodies into their final shape. By practicing more on the sanding wheels and using more reference templates I went from being able to only shape/sand 1 Nomad II body in a day.... to 6. If you break that down over a batch of 30-40, that's around a month of saved time, just in that step alone. Gotta love that!
Do these updates only go out to those in that current batch, or everyone on the waiting list? Just want to make sure I’m not missing any notifications as the waitlist moves forward. Thank you.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
@Zuhdj

That's a fuckin sick time saver there

seriousTone

Waiting on #079. Trying not to think about it too much, perseverating over the mock-up pictures. How about you?
ha damn I purposefully deleted the email that had my mockup as I figured it might be cool to not continuously stare at it but to sort of forget what it looked like before I receive the real thing.

Well let me tell you several times now, at least, I've tried searching for that long lost email just for a glimpse and it's apparently nowhere to be found through gmail 😬

gingerbier

Space Ranger
I'm usually good about putting it out of my mind until there's some action in the thread.
ha damn I purposefully deleted the email that had my mockup as I figured it might be cool to not continuously stare at it but to sort of forget what it looked like before I receive the real thing.

Well let me tell you several times now, at least, I've tried searching for that long lost email just for a glimpse and it's apparently nowhere to be found through gmail 😬
That's the nightmare that haunts my dreams

NOLOGO

hello all,

I received Nomad II #18 of batch one a couple weeks ago and just wanted to quickly report in. I've only had the chance to run a few bowls through it, but DAMN do I love this thing!! As far as on demand, unregulated wooden vapes go, my only experience before this is a lil bud by vapwood. I never got along with that thing, and it has lived in a cupboard for about 3 years now. The precision that Dan uses in making the nomad appears to be simply unmatched out there. Every piece fits together perfectly, and I found it VERY intuitive to use. It's not just hyperbole when you see folks say its a "functional work of art." It may literally be the single nicest thing I own!

I'm in the process of moving house right now though, so I packed it up safely last week as to not lose it in the shuffle. I will take some photos to post here once I'm settled into the new house... but to everyone on the wait-list: IT IS SO WORTH THE WAIT!!!

More soon...

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
My straight grain Honduran rosewood is en route to dan as we speak! That combined with curly maple accents and a green lichen button is gonna slap. I've never been so excited about a vape before and I may never again.
Out of curiosity, I know this can be a terp slurper but is it also capable of roasting dark and fast?

mourningbell

Certified human
Painted my Nomad's sleeve! I never wouldve painted over Dan's art, but I'd opted for a kraft paper design. I started sanding and it was sanding off way too quickly in some areas an not enough in others, so I expedited the process and just put my primer over what was left. Some acrylic coats later with a DuraClear Satin Varnish, Albalone-inspired:
repaintalbolene.jpg20220104_162246~2.jpg20220104_162409-01.jpeg

:science:

Last edited:

mourningbell

Certified human
@mourningbell WOW! SO cool man! Love it! Colours are spot on, really compliments the abalone. :D

I always sort of envisioned people being able to paint their own sleeves.... it's neat to see that vision come alive!
Thank you so much! You've been more than helpful along the way... especially considering I wouldn't have had the "canvas" if not for you! I've been a neglectful Nomad owner and have never really cleaned the contacts... still hits like a brick!!!

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
I have been trying to figure out a new way of providing better contact cleaning advice.... since the pencil eraser method is rather crude. I found these Polishing Pads. They work AMAZINGLY well, almost like magic. Way better than the pencil eraser. They make fast work of cleaning all the contacts, and leave no dust behind either. They clean and polish in a single step, very cool.

I've already started sending these out with every order.

The above link is a good price, but you can get similar products on amazon as well. "Sunshine" cloths seem to do the same thing, but I have not tried them yet.

mourningbell

Certified human
I have been trying to figure out a new way of providing better contact cleaning advice.... since the pencil eraser method is rather crude. I found these Polishing Pads. They work AMAZINGLY well, almost like magic. Way better than the pencil eraser. They make fast work of cleaning all the contacts, and leave no dust behind either. They clean and polish in a single step, very cool.

I've already started sending these out with every order.

The above link is a good price, but you can get similar products on amazon as well. "Sunshine" cloths seem to do the same thing, but I have not tried them yet.
Like a magic eraser without all the shitty shavings!

Top Bottom