• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Nomad From Morwood

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I'm really loving everyone's reactions when Dan posts new models. It's amazing that all of these vapes are made from just two woods (I bet Dan has an order where the color and bottom and pulls are all different and he will prove me wrong on this). It's amazing the different look and feel that two simple choices can have. The pear is beautiful and is almost grainless. Very modern and sleek.

The fun thing is all the different ideas and preferences that we all have. It's really cool. When I was selecting, I typically would go with a light main body but I really liked the dark African Blackwood so I really committed myself to that. For me it's perfect. Now that doesn't mean I'm not drooling over a lot of the others. I am. It would be fun to have all the Nomads together for a Covid safe cookout and vape session (I was going to say smoke but I have to be careful with my choice of words (LOLOLOLOLOLOL)). I would probably forget to eat looking at all the variations close up. The photos are amazing but I bet in person they are even more stunning.

Peace. David

seriousTone

I’m 123rd in line. I gotta wait so loooong 😩. Where are we on the list again?
Almost batch 2 so like maybe 40-50 would be my guess.
Settle Down Lets Go GIF by Wolf Entertainment

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
If you don’t have a Nomad find a good alternative in the meantime. Buy lots of weed. Get high and enjoy the wait. That’s what I did. I kept my patience until the last two-months. It was very hard waiting that last month but for all the months before I was super chill.

plus it leaves plenty of time to work on wood choices.

kanal

I don't know exactly how long i am in the line for a Nomad - I think somewhere close to 2 years now... But the Nomad is pretty much the only thing I am willing to wait that long (and longer) and I don't know exactly why, but I am still 100% sure that it will be worth it!

Last edited:
Good day, one and all. I finished reading this thread from page one, to present time. I wish I could have posted more as I moved through this epic journey Unfortunately, I got a message from a mod in regard to posting back to back without waiting for another post before posting again.

On the mod’s defense, it was explained how to get around this. Being somewhat computer illiterate, I could not figure out how to navigate, and was stumped.

Anyhoo, it would behove you to read this thread from the beginning, if you can find the time. If you are familiar with on demand vapes, no need. Unless you’d like to read how Dan Morrison first envisioned the Nomad OG, from pencil on paper, to becoming a reality.

if you do decide to read, you’ll find that Dan Morrison was very much involved with the folks posting on the thread giving their thoughts on the project. Just about everyday, there was back an forth between Dan Morrison and folks as the idea became a reality.

I’d like to take time to thank Dan Morrison and all the good people that chimed in with their thoughts and experiences with on demand vapes. After reading the importance of regulating the breath, I went and took out the Simrell vortex Ti tip OG cap and the VapeHotBox. I had given up on trying to get nice milky hits like in the videos.

Loaded up the Simrell and turned on the VHB, it took 9 seconds for the first two clicks and 7 seconds for the next two clicks. Took a nice easy draw, with the carburetor completely covered. And, wow! I got two very nice smooth tasty hits. First and second hits, nice a milky.

If hitting the Nomad OG and the NMII is anything like hitting the Simrell with the aid of the VHB, then bring it on! While I await for my time to come up. I can practice with the Simrell, 2019 M, and 2018 M, with the aid of the VHB till then.

Last edited:

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I've been using the new Nomad now for two weeks and I noticed it wasn't heating as much. I had a light bulb moment and read the quick start guide. I needed to "clean" the contacts with an eraser. Found one and carefully cleaned the brass and viola - runs great. Now I have a sense of what the on-going maintenance is. Overall, very low. Obviously I clean the glass tube in iso and then the rest looks like I just "erase". I may take a q-tip (no iso) and try rubbing the collar area but honestly I don't see or feel any build-up in the collar. I think all the flow is going thru the tube (which of course is what is the design). Cool stuff.

The discussion seems to be split between those that have them and are discussing them and those on the waiting list. It's a bit unusual feeling being on the owning side right now. It's still so new. Here's to a great weekend and lots of Nomadic thoughts!!!!

D

PS: How do you like my Avatar????

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
I've been using the new Nomad now for two weeks and I noticed it wasn't heating as much. I had a light bulb moment and read the quick start guide. I needed to "clean" the contacts with an eraser. Found one and carefully cleaned the brass and viola - runs great. Now I have a sense of what the on-going maintenance is. Overall, very low. Obviously I clean the glass tube in iso and then the rest looks like I just "erase". I may take a q-tip (no iso) and try rubbing the collar area but honestly I don't see or feel any build-up in the collar. I think all the flow is going thru the tube (which of course is what is the design). Cool stuff.

The discussion seems to be split between those that have them and are discussing them and those on the waiting list. It's a bit unusual feeling being on the owning side right now. It's still so new. Here's to a great weekend and lots of Nomadic thoughts!!!!

D

PS: How do you like my Avatar????
THAT is a fiiiiine avatar :drool:
I'm inspired to change mine!

EDIT: 'cept I can't 🤔

Last edited:
Top Bottom