• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Nomad From Morwood

If anyone is looking to get pouches made, I just wanted to put it out there that I am thinking about offering custom pouches for the Nomads... so maybe hold off until I've figured that out... or not.. whatever ya like! ha.

Here is a little album of some old pouches I used to make with my pipes. All reclaimed leather.
SWEET!

Mr. Gweilo 420,
Reactions: GetLeft

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@Dan Morrison you are a fucking creepy nerd!!
Is there anything you can't make yourself in an excellent way??

I'm really not an envious man but I'm getting so while seeing your crafting skills and your sense and ability for perfection :bowdown:

BTW....beautiful pouches :tup:

Pre-order one made of ray shagreen!! (Also a nice material for the sleeve)

Last edited:

duff

Well worn
The African Blackwood heater module insulators might shrink as they are put through the initial heating cycles. This is normal. The tiny hex screw on the side is there so that you can monitor and tighten the connection point if needed.

After the break-in period, the blackwood should remain stable, and won't require adjustment.

If your blackwood insulator shrinks too much, it's possible to pull the insulator out accidentally if you were removing the heater module. This could pull the center pin, along with the heater coils. If pulled hard enough.. this will permanently deform the heater coils, and your heater module will be toast.

Those with PEEK insulators, no need to worry about this issue. But something to keep an eye on... it's possible the hex key could loosen... for whatever reason. Though, I have not experienced that.
About the heater insulators, back when these were being discussed, I decided to ask for the blackwood instead of the PEEK due to safety and purity/artistic concerns.
The insulators don't get anywhere close to hot enough to be an issue. I can remove the sleeve and keep my finger on the insulator the entire hit since it stays so cool.

As Dan alludes to in the quote above, the PEEK insulator is the more mechanically robust solution with fewer potential points of failure and in hindsight I should have gone with PEEK.

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
@Hogni, hahah, I don't mind being a 'fucking creepy nerd'.....I think... :science: Thanks!

@duff, awesome to see your videos! Glad you're having so much fun!

I am still debating exactly what to include for these care packages... I don't want to send them out pre-maturely and then realize I should have included some extra something or other.. hmm.

VAPEHUNTER

tD0ruva.jpg

Vaping in the park here and thought I would share a little tip while using the Nomad.
Ambient temperature makes a huge difference in heat up times and cloud size.
Especially when it’s 108*F
LgGzSvD.jpg

EDIT: I guess it’s not that bad after all it is a dry heat.
jK0B6Bg.jpg

Last edited:

GetLeft

With temps like that you could probably pull out a two foot bong and no one would notice. Everyone's hangin out inside :tup:

GetLeft,
Reactions: cpk

Mr. Me2

tD0ruva.jpg

Vaping in the park here and thought I would share a little tip while using the Nomad.
Ambient temperature makes a huge difference in heat up times and cloud size.
Especially when it’s 108*F
LgGzSvD.jpg

EDIT: I guess it’s not that bad after all it is a dry heat.
jK0B6Bg.jpg
Wait...you’re in Vegas surrounded by green? Weird desert.

LOVE your Nomad!!!

Last edited:

sixstringsmash

what are people using the high temp module button action and draw technique like? As well as your results in terms of vapor, ABV, and stuff like that.

I've been using pretty much the same draw speed across both heater modules. Slow and steady with this one and you'll be rewarded. The high heat module seems to be my preferred heater so far though. You can combust if you're not careful but I find it just extracts quicker and easier. With the high heat I usually just take a 5-7 second draw while with low/medium I go for around 15 seconds. Usually around a 4-5 second preheat for both. Go for the low/med if you want a long mellow session and med/high for some nice big rips.

ABV seems to be pretty uniform except at the top of the bowl where you sometimes get some slight scorching, but not combustion.

Bdubbdiblets

The sound of silence.....:popcorn:

.....In my dreams it's just that owners have been feverishly abusing their nomads all just to post pics/vids/reviews....for us no Nomad less fortunate folk....

Soon....:cheers:

Feeling the Nomad itch......anyone?

:rockon::drool::rockon::drool:

sixstringsmash

So I've been holding off on doing this for awhile, but here's my abridged review of my nomad:

To sum this little thing up in a few words, it just kicks ass plain and simple. In terms of vapor quality once you get the correct draw speed down vapor production and taste are right on par with my other favorite unregulated convection vapes, the milaana and splinter, which is pretty good in my opinion. In terms of aesthetic, nothing beats the Nomad though.

I had a rough start to using my Nomad experiencing combustion quite a few times with the high heat module until I overcame the learning curve and figured out the sweet spot to get that perfect hit. Over the past day or two I've been using the low heat module more and more often and I'm liking it more and more the more I keep using it. The learning curve to getting a really good hit out of the low heat module is a lot steeper than using the high heat module, but holy shit is the flavor that much better when using it. It can produce some pretty big clouds too, even reaching the edges of combustion if you milk it out long enough.

I also love that this thing is pretty much entirely self serviceable. With the button assembly and all being completely removable, I was able to disassemble the button with the assistance of Dan and his instructions to clean the back plate and completely fix my arcing issue, all on my own. 95% of the other vapes I own would have required me to send it in for service to fix something like that, so the fact that this is something that we can easily service and fix on our own if need be without having to send it in to Dan is a huge plus for me.

I did end up putting a screen in the Nomad and ended up taking out the top basket screen in the stem, only opting for the one screen at the bottom of the stem. This is entirely preference on my part, but I find it to be a much more convenient way of loading and unloading my stems. It doesn't effect the vapor quality at all, but I find it is just worlds more convenient. Just be careful if you do this as Dan mentioned in his previous posts if you seat the screen in the Nomad incorrectly you can cause a short and immediately destroy your screen and risk inhaling that nasty shit into your lungs. Proceed with caution.

All in all this is a super solid vape with a lot of pros and very few cons. Long live the Nomad!

Pros:

- Very good taste

- Absolutely stunning

- Efficient battery life with 18650's

- Entirely self serviceable

- Wide variety of ways to vape with both heater modules

- Did I mention it's absolutely stunning?

- Good ventilation for batteries

Subjective Cons:

- I would have loved to have seen this using 21700 batteries.I completely understand the reasoning behind using 18650's for keeping it small, but man I would have loved a 21700 edition nomad. You'd be able to put a 40t in there and puff on the bad boy all day long without a battery swap.

Cons

- Unit can get rather hot if you are chain vaping

-I would have liked the battery hole to be a smidge wider, as a lot of my batteries are very tight coming in and out of the unit. One brand of batteries, my 30q's, won't even fit in the hole. This issue also seems to happen with a good amount of my re-wrapped batteries. I've been sticking to just using LG HG2's as I find these batteries have the thinnest wraps and generally don't have any resistance coming in and out of the Nomad. I've had quite a few incidents with my VTC5A's getting stuck in there and needing a pair of pliers to gently lift them out so I'd recommend to sticking with LG HG2's as the battery of choice for now.

Well that it for now! Off to puff on my Nomad.

Last edited:

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
@sixstringsmash , Wow, awesome little review man! I am so happy to hear your thoughts, whatever they may be, negative or positive.

It's such a special thing to have this community here to bounce fresh product designs off of... and it'll only serve to improve the design in future batches... which is something the big manufacturers can't do.

I'm glad that the "user serviceable" aspect is being put to the test with positive results! That was one of my main design points...and it's exciting to see it come full circle.

And, I've sorta been waiting for the 21700/20700 dust to settle a bit... just feel it out..see where it goes, and then perhaps I will introduce a 21700 model. It's good to have things on the backburner!

I'll probably change my technical drawings to make the battery hole just a tiny bit bigger... I think just a quarter/half millimeter will allow for all batteries to fit... but it's also hard to keep the balance, because I'm so attached to the purrrfect sliding fit with my LG branded cells. I'll wait to see how others feel.

Anyhow, thanks! :D

When the positive first-impressions started rolling into my inbox... man.. the relief I felt was huge. There is always that little nagging thought that your project will somehow flop. :rip:

Top Bottom