The Nomad From Morwood

jds

I'm batch three. Looking forward to that 2024-25 delivery date haha. (Truly looking forward to it whenever I get it. No sarcasm y'all. Don't worry)

I will be happy if that's the delivery date for batch 2!

I don't mind waiting for it though. I love getting the batch updates and seeing everything slowly come together. It's a whole journey.

jds,
Reactions: jbm

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
im curious how the batch determination went/ goes down. i paid late 2019 i think december and im in batch 3. Who knows maybe im lucky and really in batch 2. i doubt it though. its been a while since an email update. id love to hear whats going on w batch 2. My one keeps me grounded tho. Everytime i hold it im reminded of the work and craftsmanship that went into it. wood still silky smooth like a piece of soap.The wait is well worth it. Till then ill just imagine how nice it will look finished

Last edited:

jds

If I'm being honest, I never imagined I would still be waiting in 2023 since getting on the waitlist in May of 2019.

But, as they say, good things come to those who wait. I cherish the one I already have here and every time I use it, I think about how much craftsmanship went into it. I haven't bought any other vape since getting it. When I get this batch 2 Nomad II, my vape collection will be pretty much complete, for the rest of my life. No exaggeration.

Last edited:

sickbabies

Here's my timeline: Discovered the OG Nomad in early 2018 and then joined FC as well as the Nomad watilist in Dec 2018 after realizing I had to get off my ass and get on the list!

Time passed and in November of 2019 I was sent an email for an open spot!

This promptly ended up in my spam folder without my knowledge, as well as another update from Dan announcing the Nomad II shortly thereafter.

April of 2020 I messaged Dan to check in on my spot and he informed me of the horrific and dirty deeds my Gmail inbox had done to me, and that he was in fact sending out a new round of invites for the Nomad II the very next day. Perhaps google did me a favor?

Patiently waiting on Nomad II No. 43 in batch 2!

Sometimes I think I spot bits and pieces of mine in the updates and it's such a blast!

seriousTone

jds

You got an update recently? Last e-mail I have from Dan is on 8/11 saying the next update would be coming in a few days. Haven't seen another e-mail though...

It seems I somehow didn't see the update from 7/19 until now, with all the vacationing and weed vaping, but you're right, there hasn't been any since then.

namasteIII

Molicel P26A still the optimal battery for Nomads and Toads?

Been using the same 4 I bought when I received my Nomad years ago. I want to buy some fresh and new ones, but I don’t keep up with battery tech so I don’t know if something better has come along in that time. If anyone knows whats best, please let me know.

As a small aside, I still Daily Drive my Nomad and still completely love it. I’ve settled on keeping the low heater in the Nomad, and the new high heater in the Toad. (It just feels right that way, and a bit wrong when its not) So I use whichever I want in the instance. The Toad honestly performs a bit better with the design updates compared to my Nomad 1 (the button is much better, and fully responsive with no mush, and the circuitry and required cleaning of the contacts is much better as well.

But god damn do I love the Nomad probably more then the Toad, and the low heater when you master it is really incredible as well. The Nomad is so classy and special, its been years but my feelings when I look at and hold it really haven’t changed, only strengthened if anything.

kanal

Molicel P26A still the optimal battery for Nomads and Toads?

Been using the same 4 I bought when I received my Nomad years ago. I want to buy some fresh and new ones, but I don’t keep up with battery tech so I don’t know if something better has come along in that time. If anyone knows whats best, please let me know.

As a small aside, I still Daily Drive my Nomad and still completely love it. I’ve settled on keeping the low heater in the Nomad, and the new high heater in the Toad. (It just feels right that way, and a bit wrong when its not) So I use whichever I want in the instance. The Toad honestly performs a bit better with the design updates compared to my Nomad 1 (the button is much better, and fully responsive with no mush, and the circuitry and required cleaning of the contacts is much better as well.

But god damn do I love the Nomad probably more then the Toad, and the low heater when you master it is really incredible as well. The Nomad is so classy and special, its been years but my feelings when I look at and hold it really haven’t changed, only strengthened if anything.
Molicel P28A as far as I am aware - but the difference to the P26A is negligible in my opinion

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Glad y'all brought it up. My Panasonic batteries that I use in my Nomad I and my Toad are three or more years old, so I just ordered four new Molicel P28As to update my batteries. I never used Molicels before in my vapes. But it sounds like I should like them.

Last edited:

jds

How do you tell when a battery should be replaced? I've been using the same Molicel P28As for quite a while now, rotating them through various vapes, induction heaters and my Nomad. They seem to hold a good charge still, but not as good as when they were new I suspect.

@davendk93 Don't lose hope. It's a long time, but once you get it, you will have a device that will likely become a family heirloom because of how well made and timeless it is. There is really nothing else like it!

Over a month since the last batch 2 update, just saw another new batch of Toads announced. Anyone heard anything?

Definitely a bit frustrating seeing batch after batch of Toads rolling out and very little in the way of Nomad updates. I get they are easier to make, but are the Toads really just a “side project” at this point?

Top Bottom