Discontinued The NEO by Prrl Labs

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
Yeah, they're just spares, plus the one is dark grey, so a color choice. As soon as they became available though I hoped i'd see something done with them. Didn't occur to me to do it myself. :\

Edit: Just tried it with the O'Connell Infinity bowl and it works with or without the sleeve; maybe a little better with the sleeve.
I thought spare meant ones I could use while the others were soaking in ISO because I'm horrible about remembering to clean shit ;-) lmao

So, I ordered a number of spare parts, second terp surfer, bowls/screens. I didn't really use the capsules much, I did pick up a bunch of the concentrate pads and am stoked to try those out (normally I don't by extract).

Still funny that an old post I had wanting to put the Neo firmware on a black Rim C is what spurred the Black/Tuxedo Neo (I think... I'm going to say it did lmao) and I never got around to buying one fml

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I thought spare meant ones I could use while the others were soaking in ISO because I'm horrible about remembering to clean shit ;-) lmao

So, I ordered a number of spare parts, terp surfers, bowls/screens. I didn't really use the capsules much, I did pick up a bunch of the concentrate pads and am stoked to try those out (normally I don't by extract).

Still funny that an old post I had wanting to put the Neo firmware on a black Rim C is what spurred the Black Neo (I think... I'm going to say it did lmao) and I never got around to buying one fml
We'll be surfin' terps well into retirement.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I don't know if I would be using it often enough that it would be worth having the spare (would have liked the raw color but only the dark gray is available even with the surfer) especially with other options for bowls... I like the white, although I know the black would be stronger, more bummed I missed the crystal bowls and concentrate pads lol

Edited to Add:
Oh well looks like I waited too long, the checkout won't work anymore... Still before 9pm PST but I didn't look that closely to the time of the 21st (Yeah it's at 7:27 exact time of the equinox lol totally wasn't paying attention and missed it by a little over an hour haha typical just as well)

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Oh well looks like I waited too long, the checkout won't work anymore... Still before 9pm PST but I didn't look that closely to the time of the 21st (Yeah it's at 7:27 exact time of the equinox lol totally wasn't paying attention and missed it by a little over an hour haha typical just as well)
Oh, man. Well, you can borrow mine someday. : )

ProfessionalHandJob

Last edited:

rollerskater

really unfortunate news! i had always been interested in a neo but kept putting the purchase off for this or that reason. well, i have it now and its awesome. i had used a different box mod dry herb vape before and had to stop myself from throwing it in the actual trash. in contrast, this works amazingly; really impressed at the extraction with zero diamonds after a preheat, it gets the abv dark tobacco brown how i like it and the vapor is so gentle.

i got the terp surfer in maple as well, and it is a nice pipe, although ergonomically the pebble style is not my most favorite. i didnt realize the bowl docked magnetically to it; i wish we lived in the timeline where prrl were able to produce a bunch of pipe bodies sharing the same bowl! mostly though ive been using it with my cdxx neo pipe, which i initially bought thinking i would never use it with the neo, since i didnt own one at the time. that... would have been a mistake! its a *very, very nice* pairing, almost as if it was made for the dang thing :lol:

martinstraka8282

I guess I fence sat too long lol. If anyone really feels like they missed out, looks like you can buy it here for a much higher price.

martinstraka8282

Lordy, you weren't kidding about the price :freak:

Looks like they only ship within Canada though - bit of a bummer.
I just realized it's a Canadian retailer, so those are cdn prices. More like $180 US, so not the deep sale, but reasonable.

Are you sure about the shipping? I tried an Alabama state and zip code and it gave me a cheaper quote than shipping to the Yukon in Canada. That said, they only take etransfer and Sizzle, no credit cards.

Last edited:

gmocooties

I just realized it's a Canadian retailer, so those are cdn prices. More like $180 US, so not the deep sale, but reasonable.

Are you sure about the shipping? I tried an Alabama state and zip code and it gave me a cheaper quote than shipping to the Yukon in Canada. That said, they only take etransfer and Sizzle, no credit cards.
No shipping to Australia unfortunately ☹️ Usual story!

Sounds like payment would be a pain even if they did though...

coolbreeze

Wowee! That's by far the coolest one I've seen!
il_1140xN.4032834280_9bds.jpg

martinstraka8282

No shipping to Australia unfortunately ☹️ Usual story!

Sounds like payment would be a pain even if they did though...
Lame. Sorry to hear that.

The grey market online dispensaries I buy from in Canada only accept etransfer as well, so not unheard of here, but certainly a pain and lacks the protection you get from using a credit card.

martinstraka8282,
Reactions: gmocooties

ProfessionalHandJob

@Black_Prrl would you consider archiving the diy instructions. If you could leave us some specs so we can rebuild the coil ourselves (what resistance, material, numer windings, length etc) that would be awesome.

Also: terpsurfer where were you all my life?
Just clarification.. Are DIY instructions posted somewhere already? Or is this asking for that initial post so it becomes “archived” via posting?

Archiving is easy if they’re already posted somewhere/in this thread/wherever and a fun hobby :-)

ProfessionalHandJob,

Roffa

Just clarification.. Are DIY instructions posted somewhere already? Or is this asking for that initial post so it becomes “archived” via posting?

Archiving is easy if they’re already posted somewhere/in this thread/wherever and a fun hobby :-)
Yes, on the shopping page for the DIY kit. I used them to change the coil on the nebulizer and they're very good instructions! Also, replacing the coil is not that complicated and coil wire can be bought anywhere, so if we know which material or replacement, and how many Ohm, we can rebuild and fix.

ProfessionalHandJob

Yes, on the shopping page for the DIY kit. I used them to change the coil on the nebulizer and they're very good instructions!
For this part, i gotchu I think ;-)

Realized we’ve lost a lot of info when companies sites go offline so I’m trying to be a bit more proactive about that whenever someone announces they’re closing up shop. So I probably captured the guide with the wayback machine but if it’s changed it’s easy to run again. https://web.archive.org/web/20231222140111/https://www.prrllabs.com/

I have a copy of archivebox running on a server I will point at it later too, have to expand the drive and other stuff first though.

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
Yes, on the shopping page for the DIY kit. I used them to change the coil on the nebulizer and they're very good instructions! Also, replacing the coil is not that complicated and coil wire can be bought anywhere, so if we know which material or replacement, and how many Ohm, we can rebuild and fix.
I'll definitely post a video after the holiday crazies...and, doing the paperwork to wrap things up with the tax folks.

-m

martinstraka8282

I'll definitely post a video after the holiday crazies...and, doing the paperwork to wrap things up with the tax folks.

-m
Hi, I sat on the fence too long and missed your sale. I decided I still want one of these gems if I can get one and there's a retailer up here in Canada, Urbanistic.ca with 11 in stock according to their site. I can't find much of any info about the retailer and I'm nervous about sending payment as they only accept etransfer, but I placed an order since they don't require payment at time of your ordering. They haven't replied to an email I sent yet. It's the holidays, so no response makes sense, but any chance you are able to confirm if Urbanistic.ca is a legit retailer of the Neo in Canada?

martinstraka8282,
  • Wow
Reactions: Shit Snacks

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
Hi, I sat on the fence too long and missed your sale. I decided I still want one of these gems if I can get one and there's a retailer up here in Canada, Urbanistic.ca with 11 in stock according to their site. I can't find much of any info about the retailer and I'm nervous about sending payment as they only accept etransfer, but I placed an order since they don't require payment at time of your ordering. They haven't replied to an email I sent yet. It's the holidays, so no response makes sense, but any chance you are able to confirm if Urbanistic.ca is a legit retailer of the Neo in Canada?

Urbanistic îs/was a legit dealer in Canada and in the UK. Unfortunately, they never paid us for the inventory that they have in stock. We shipped it to them on consignment and even paid shipping fees. They never returned our correspondence.

martinstraka8282

Urbanistic îs/was a legit dealer in Canada and in the UK. Unfortunately, they never paid us for the inventory that they have in stock. We shipped it to them on consignment and even paid shipping fees. They never returned our correspondence.
Wow. W T F. Well, thanks for the reply. I see their UK site is shut down, so they appear to have bowed out there.

I guess I won't be getting one after all. I can't support that type of behavior and I'm really sorry to hear they did that to you.

Top Bottom