Discontinued The NEO by Prrl Labs

3drt

I finally got my package from Prrl Labs and want to start with compliments to their stellar customer care 👏 I made my order during the October sale, with white neo (even though I really wanted the black one, I just couldn't justify paying the full price while the white neo was just 129$), walnut TS, crystal bowl, silicone adapters, 3 quartz capsules and some extra screens, but my package got lost by USPS😭 Mark from Prrl Labs was extremely responsive, and once the package loss got confirmed he got back to me offering a replacement shipped with more expensive DHL this time at no extra cost. As I saw that in the meantime the black neo went on sale, I asked Mark if it was possible for me to pay the difference and get the black one instead, and he was kind enough to swap the units no charge! Unfortunately, the quartz caps were out of stock, but I got a pack of 20 concentrate pads, extra TS titanium bowl in gray and few more extra screens packs instead, everything beautifully packed, and the velvety bag crystal bowl comes in is such a cute touch. The overall buying and unboxing experience was simply great.

I ordered it because VAS, because it is different from everything I own and from other vapes on the market and because I thought it would make a perfect vape for traveling - it doesn't smell and I can easily "sell" it to the airport security as an anti-wrinkle beauty device lol.
But now that I've tried it I actually think it will become my go-to Sunday morning vape, I just love the slow and ritualistic side of using it, plus the flavor is amazing and it definitely slaps (I haven't tried the crystal bowl / concentrate pads yet). Also, the combo of black neo and Walnut TS with gray bowl is easily the most gorgeous, elegant and "adult"-looking vape I own, so I'm overall very happy with this purchase🥰

coolbreeze

I finally got my package from Prrl Labs and want to start with compliments to their stellar customer care 👏 I made my order during the October sale, with white neo (even though I really wanted the black one, I just couldn't justify paying the full price while the white neo was just 129$), walnut TS, crystal bowl, silicone adapters, 3 quartz capsules and some extra screens, but my package got lost by USPS😭 Mark from Prrl Labs was extremely responsive, and once the package loss got confirmed he got back to me offering a replacement shipped with more expensive DHL this time at no extra cost. As I saw that in the meantime the black neo went on sale, I asked Mark if it was possible for me to pay the difference and get the black one instead, and he was kind enough to swap the units no charge! Unfortunately, the quartz caps were out of stock, but I got a pack of 20 concentrate pads, extra TS titanium bowl in gray and few more extra screens packs instead, everything beautifully packed, and the velvety bag crystal bowl comes in is such a cute touch. The overall buying and unboxing experience was simply great.

I ordered it because VAS, because it is different from everything I own and from other vapes on the market and because I thought it would make a perfect vape for traveling - it doesn't smell and I can easily "sell" it to the airport security as an anti-wrinkle beauty device lol.
But now that I've tried it I actually think it will become my go-to Sunday morning vape, I just love the slow and ritualistic side of using it, plus the flavor is amazing and it definitely slaps (I haven't tried the crystal bowl / concentrate pads yet). Also, the combo of black neo and Walnut TS with gray bowl is easily the most gorgeous, elegant and "adult"-looking vape I own, so I'm overall very happy with this purchase🥰
Fwiw, it's also a great excuse for a gorgeous little dab rig. The combo is
Halloween Chefs Kiss GIF by giphystudios2021

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
What’s going on with the closeout sale? Are they going out of business or are they gearing up for a new release?

Octavia,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Hi there,

We hope that you are enjoying this holiday season with family and good friends!

Unfortunately, we are writing to let you know that we’ve decided to close up shop and dissolve Prrl Labs by the end of December. This was a painful and sad decision to make. Over the last few months, we’ve been debating the continued viability of the business as we have tried to balance marketplace realities, funding constraints, and increasing costs of both goods and marketing.

This has been an incredible journey, and we’re so glad that you’ve been a part of it! Five years ago, we were captivated by the simple idea of replacing the butane lighter with perfectly heated air so that we could enjoy our cannabis from any pipe or bong without the harmful byproducts of combustion. And, while health was foremost in our minds at first, we discovered that the real magic is in the incredible tastes and effects unlocked by the pure, convective heating. Moreover, the ability to vary the vapor density with your breath gives you complete control over your vapor experience.

We are so grateful to you and your belief in our products! Your tremendous response and reviews have sustained us through the many challenges of these past few years. We were energized by the many stories of how the Neo has changed your lives and lungs for the better.

The last day of web sales will be on Thursday, December 21st until 7:27 PM Pacific time (which, for the nerds out there, is the precise moment of Winter Equinox at our longitude). All products have been discounted by 40% and, because you are a valued customer, we want to offer you an additional 20% off your order when you use the code: GLOWFORTH *

What’s next for us? We’re still pondering that. We included “Labs” in our name because we can’t help but continue to innovate and experiment. There are several design concepts that we weren’t able to build out. Perhaps, after some much-needed rest, we’ll dust some of those off.

In the meantime, we hope that you will continue to prioritize your wellbeing, stay curious, and make time to take a breath.

Be well,

- Mark, Josh, Harvey, and the rest of the Prrl Labs Team

Kreator87

Very sad to hear, the Neo was my first vaporizer and I got it on the classifieds here. I have had great customer service and gotten a bunch of their products from the company directly since then. A fantastic device with superb accessories and great customer service. There will always be a place in my rotation for my Prrl Labs stuff.

sansei

I'm not here for a long time, but for a good time
I've gone and done a little Neo-proofing, sorry to have to say. Hopefully I'll still be enjoying it years from now. What a special device.

Thanks, Prrl Labs.
Just did the same. I recently started medicating after a hiatus of a few decades, but through edibles. I missed the ritual of combustion, but not everything else that came with it. Somehow stumbled onto the Neo and haven't looked back. Mark and team had always been great with answering any questions and providing tips. Great concept with great ppl who ran with it.

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
Hey, everyone!

Apologies for being remiss on communicating here in the forum... business and life have been consuming.

As you know by now, we've made the difficult decision to close down operations. In the end, we needed to raise capital to offset increased costs of goods and transportation--not to mention wanting to draw a salary for the first time in 5 years. And, perhaps more importantly, we really needed to hire a sales team and pay $$$$$ for marketing to compete with the bigger players out there. I have lots to say about the "pay to play" product sites that no longer serve the consumer, but instead are giving air time to sensationalized and shoddy products. Alas, we weren't able to find the investors... and, there are several product designs that will remain on the drawing board. Sigh. 😞

Anyway, we're really sad... this has been a labor of love to be sure! We set out to make something completely different. In fact, before I began prototyping, I'd only tried a shitty convection-based vape that looked like a giant Zippo and I didn't even know that this forum existed. 😂 That was probably for the best, because I wasn't influenced by any other designs which meant that I really started from the basics of thermodynamics and airflow.

Fortunately, I eventually discovered this community and realized that there were others out there who loved their herb, but didn't want the harmful effects of combustion. Thank you, thank you to the founders and long-term members of this forum who patiently schooled me (@Stu and @Summer) and whose feedback helped our products become so much better!

And, a huge thank you to all you customers from 24 countries and 49/50 states (are there no tree-lovers in South Dakota?)! It's been a fun ride and we've been thrilled by all of the "holy fuck!" comments we've received. We hope that your Neos and Terp Surfers continue to bring you many years of delight!

May your herb be forever fresh...

-Mark

P.S. We do have a few white Neos and some Terp Surfers available, but will shut off all sales on December 21...

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I just picked up the new DIY neo repair kit:

I am glad to have this for future-proofing. I want my neo to keep running for a long time.

coolbreeze

I am glad to have this for future-proofing. I want my neo to keep running for a long time.
Thank you so much for posting this! Man, just perfect.

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
Wow. That is really sad. I love my Neo.

I also really wish I had bought some quartz capsules. 😐

Anyone know of a similar capsule I could source somewhere else?

Here's a relatively easy hack to replace the quartz dosing capsules. Simply find someone to cut and polish a 14mm length of 16mm diameter borosilicate tubing, or find them on e-bay(?). This will fit nicely on top of the screen in the Terp Surfer and will give you essentially the same performance as the capsule. It helps to have the o-ring to hold the tube in place and create a better seal, but it'll work okay without one.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock

Same here. Bought a white Neo as a back up to my black one too. Just in case. Should keep me squared away for several years hopefully.

sansei

I'm not here for a long time, but for a good time

Thanks for posting! Just picked a few up to go with the white backup.

Roffa

Hey, everyone!

Apologies for being remiss on communicating here in the forum... business and life have been consuming.

As you know by now, we've made the difficult decision to close down operations. In the end, we needed to raise capital to offset increased costs of goods and transportation--not to mention wanting to draw a salary for the first time in 5 years. And, perhaps more importantly, we really needed to hire a sales team and pay $$$$$ for marketing to compete with the bigger players out there. I have lots to say about the "pay to play" product sites that no longer serve the consumer, but instead are giving air time to sensationalized and shoddy products. Alas, we weren't able to find the investors... and, there are several product designs that will remain on the drawing board. Sigh. 😞

Anyway, we're really sad... this has been a labor of love to be sure! We set out to make something completely different. In fact, before I began prototyping, I'd only tried a shitty convection-based vape that looked like a giant Zippo and I didn't even know that this forum existed. 😂 That was probably for the best, because I wasn't influenced by any other designs which meant that I really started from the basics of thermodynamics and airflow.

Fortunately, I eventually discovered this community and realized that there were others out there who loved their herb, but didn't want the harmful effects of combustion. Thank you, thank you to the founders and long-term members of this forum who patiently schooled me (@Stu and @Summer) and whose feedback helped our products become so much better!

And, a huge thank you to all you customers from 24 countries and 49/50 states (are there no tree-lovers in South Dakota?)! It's been a fun ride and we've been thrilled by all of the "holy fuck!" comments we've received. We hope that your Neos and Terp Surfers continue to bring you many years of delight!

May your herb be forever fresh...

-Mark

P.S. We do have a few white Neos and some Terp Surfers available, but will shut off all sales on December 21...
Quick question. I wanted to order but there's only shipping to US addresses? I need to future proof a little....

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@Black_Prrl sorry to see that you are shutting down. Our community needs more out of the box thinkers like Prrl. I wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavors.

I picked up a replacement chimney kit. My current chimney is intact but loose. Is there a video or instructions on how to repair it?

Smknbud

So I went ahead and ordered two 20 packs of concentrate pads and the next day I realized I should have probably bought more pads for back-up supply. Went to order and of course they were out...............fast forward to today when my order arrived and what did I find? four 20 packs of pads, double of my original :tup:, and a York Peppermint Patty.

Thanks so much @Black_Prrl ! Know that your customer service is second to none and you folks will be greatly missed. May your future journeys be prosperous.

Last edited:

martinstraka8282

Is there anything out there comparable to this?

Somehow, I'd completely missed this product entirely. First I heard of it is when they're shutting down.

And if I were to buy one of these just for kicks, do they work with any bowls or do you pretty much need the proprietary bowls and pipe?

Last edited:
Top Bottom