• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The NEO by Prrl Labs

coolbreeze

The Neo-Waldo:
IMG-0882.jpg

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Yes, this. Ordered one May 3, still waiting for it to ship. Everything I’ve gotten from OWW so far has been excellent, so can’t wait to give it a try.
Same here. Also, fwiw, Dreamwood also makes nice bowls and while they don't make one specifically for the Neo, I bet they will if you ask!

The titanium screens were a game changer for me. Now that the docking ring is being sold separately, it might be a fun project to try and get it working with one of the various wood injector bowls that are out there to make a terp surfer inspired wpa.
Kind of opens it up to all aftermarketers...

Last edited:

StringTheorista

Can confirm this bowl works excellently with the Neo--you specify it’s for the Neo and he tapers the interior to work with it. Also, I was able to fit a terp surfer quartz bowl into it (because OWW‘s stuff is gorgeous but I need a smaller bowl). The glass capsule nests perfectly into the wood bowl using the o-ring that comes with it. If you’re looking at OWW’s site, his inception j-hooks are also excellent
D10-BB9-F4-9-E04-4031-972-C-28-E1-FCE7-D968.jpg

Last edited:

ConvectCode1

I recently got a Neo as a gift and am having a difficult time finding a bowl that makes a deal without having to use a poorly fitting 5/8” or 3/4” screen making it overall just..kind of suck. I’ve tried the Octobowls and injector bowls with no luck. Do I pretty much just need to buy the $80 Schott bowl that Purr Labs made specifically for the Neo? I’d rather not, obviously, but it’s seeming more and more like that’s sort of the best way to get actually good results with this thing. I’ve tried 19 combustion bowls, some with glass screens some without but they’re either placing the herb too far from the heater or not making a hood enough seal. Maybe I should try a wooden pipe?

ConvectCode1,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Can confirm this bowl works excellently with the Neo--you specify it’s for the Neo and he tapers the interior to work with it. Also, I was able to fit a terp surfer quartz bowl into it (because OWW‘s stuff is gorgeous but I need a smaller bowl). The glass capsule nests perfectly into the wood bowl using the o-ring that comes with it. If you’re looking at OWW’s site, his inception j-hooks are also excellent
Who whittled that j-hook stand for you? Need something like this but I have no whittlin’ skills.

coolbreeze

I recently got a Neo as a gift and am having a difficult time finding a bowl that makes a deal without having to use a poorly fitting 5/8” or 3/4” screen making it overall just..kind of suck. I’ve tried the Octobowls and injector bowls with no luck. Do I pretty much just need to buy the $80 Schott bowl that Purr Labs made specifically for the Neo? I’d rather not, obviously, but it’s seeming more and more like that’s sort of the best way to get actually good results with this thing. I’ve tried 19 combustion bowls, some with glass screens some without but they’re either placing the herb too far from the heater or not making a hood enough seal. Maybe I should try a wooden pipe?
I've had pretty good luck using an 18mm female joint with a screen placed high in the grind.
IMG-0534.jpg

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I have the Schott bowl, I was very underwhelmed initially using it on one of my j-hooks. Cut the trial short as I got distracted for a few weeks playing with other new toys. Came back to it yesterday, again not much vapor but a ton of flavor and dreaded Scooby snacks with the j-hook. Today I put the Schott on my Grav 9” Upright Bubbler, attached via drop down adapter, dimly lit room, LED desk lamp my primary light. Woah, now we’re vaping. Tons of vapor dancing around the desk lamp. Excellent flavor using the bubbler dry, and no Scooby snacks. The Schott is not a budget option, but perfect seal and perfectly fits an all glass wet/dry setup like this. Will continue to experiment with this, the Terp Surfer, and when it delivers, the OWW bowl with TS quartz bowl as @StringTheorista suggested.

77carrera3

When I first considered a Neo with a pipe, this was what I had in mind, beautiful!

coolbreeze

they’re either placing the herb too far from the heater or not making a hood enough seal

These work pretty nicely with a glass jack, sleeve not necessary. They're not very deep so they're good at 0-1 or 2 diamonds. Not quite perfect but both make nice vapor, fantastic flavor.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

coolbreeze

I know I can look it up myself.......but what's the deal with the diamonds......does it just mean like level 1-5 or such? I'm looking to gather your ENTIRE vape collection at some point, lol, I love it!!
Yeah, essentially. It's at minimal power at 0 diamonds and you can set/step up to level 5. I've got the screen set a little over half way down into the bowl with an o-ring for the Neo to seal on; the top of the herb is ~2mm or so below the chimney. With simple breath control, you can get a nice even roast with outstanding flavor*. This close to the herbs you probably don't even need to step it. I didn't need to in this case.

And thanks, I'm fortunate to be able to do this!

* Caveats about vapor path length and water/percs.

Last edited:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I know I can look it up myself.......but what's the deal with the diamonds......does it just mean like level 1-5 or such? I'm looking to gather your ENTIRE vape collection at some point, lol, I love it!!
Yep, temp step levels. I need to figure out how he’s vaping at zero diamonds though, my technique is not that advanced yet.

coolbreeze

Yep, temp step levels. I need to figure out how he’s vaping at zero diamonds though, my technique is not that advanced yet.
Just get disconcertingly close and take slow, steady breaths. I think Mark described a technique where you draw in a normal breath of vapor and exhale at a normal rate through your nose and repeat. Tried some of that and it was effective, too!

ConvectCode1

I have the Schott bowl, I was very underwhelmed initially using it on one of my j-hooks. Cut the trial short as I got distracted for a few weeks playing with other new toys. Came back to it yesterday, again not much vapor but a ton of flavor and dreaded Scooby snacks with the j-hook. Today I put the Schott on my Grav 9” Upright Bubbler, attached via drop down adapter, dimly lit room, LED desk lamp my primary light. Woah, now we’re vaping. Tons of vapor dancing around the desk lamp. Excellent flavor using the bubbler dry, and no Scooby snacks. The Schott is not a budget option, but perfect seal and perfectly fits an all glass wet/dry setup like this. Will continue to experiment with this, the Terp Surfer, and when it delivers, the OWW bowl with TS quartz bowl as @StringTheorista suggested.
Yeah I have the Tafee bowl ceramic pots. They work well. This thing just isn’t really worth the work to me. It doesn’t provide enough vapor. I’m used to Flowerpot injectors, Ditanium and Tinymight as a portable. This thing is great if you’ve only ever tasted combustion or want to spend $140 on a wooden pipe with a metal bowl, I guess, but it’s definitely more of a toy than a tool IMO.

ConvectCode1,

coolbreeze

Yeah I have the Tafee bowl ceramic pots. They work well. This thing just isn’t really worth the work to me. It doesn’t provide enough vapor. I’m used to Flowerpot injectors, Ditanium and Tinymight as a portable. This thing is great if you’ve only ever tasted combustion or want to spend $140 on a wooden pipe with a metal bowl, I guess, but it’s definitely more of a toy than a tool IMO.
Not disputing your experience because the Neo is very different and may not be for everyone, but for the benefit of those on the fence, a counter example: it's not really very hard to find a working bowl or get nice hits:

Obviously not a a lung-buster ala Vapbong, but a nice hit nonetheless, and the flavor must have been terrific.

Last edited:

ConvectCode1

Thanks for the input on the Schott bowl. I really don’t even want to use the Neo with anything other than a pipe or a j hook, I don’t see it as having much potential through a bong. But like any vape enthusiast I’m dying to get the Neo humming because like you all know the thing is built like a semi truck, is obviously high end tech and the whole concept of it is cool as hell to me I just haven’t had a ton of luck thus far with bowls. I put a mini rimmed basket screen in the hole of the bowls that don’t have built in screens and I’ve used the Tafee pots so I know the Neo can do it’s thing and well I just need to pair it with a good pipe I guess. But it sounds like you DO prefer the Schott bowl over most everything else? I have a flip brick that I use as a stand alone sort of micro HydroBrick using the 19mm female mouthpiece from the HydroBrick on my flip brick and am getting nothing. I’m wondering if it’s better to invest in a couple of pipes from Grav to try out. I have the Upline upright bubbler and several other glass pieces I use my injector vapes on but since I have gotten very little vapor using the Neo at all, I haven’t even thought about using it with a waterpiece. I think a $200 pipe off Etsy is really cool. I just would never buy one. Guess it’s between the Schott bowl (which has some negative reviews which surprised me) or a trial and error grav sherlock. I’d buy an old man wooden grandpa pipe if I knew for sure the dimensions would be correct. I’ve bought several pieces that are listed in this thread as compatible that just plain aren’t. The Octobowl comes to mind most. That thing would work great. It just doesn’t form a good seal. I’m not sure how any of you people use pipes and bowls without screens in them, or if you even do. Herb getting in my mouth or in my water is unacceptable and damn do I hate poorly fitting screens. I JUST WANT TO MAKE THIS NEO PRR…..LABS.

ConvectCode1,

StringTheorista

Are you using the silicone sleeve on the chimney of your Neo? I’ve been able to get good seals with a wide variety of glass pipes using the sleeve. Grav sitter Sherlock, grav pebble pipe, unbranded glass spoon pipe, Storz & Bickel dosing cap placed into an 18f to 14m glass adapter. I’ve been using Smojo screens (which I seem to remember Mark recommended at one point), and between those and a coarse grind particles are kept in place pretty well

Last edited:

ConvectCode1

Are you using the silicone sleeve on the chimney of your Neo? I’ve been able to get good seals with a wide variety of glass pipes using the sleeve. Grav sitter Sherlock, grav pebble pipe, unbranded glass spoon pipe, Storz & Bickel dosing cap placed into an 18f to 14m glass adapter. I’ve been using Smojo screens (which I seem to remember Mark recommended at one point), and between those and a coarse grind particles Are kept in place pretty well
I’m using it with a lot of bowls, a few I haven’t used it with. Ok cool I was literally about to buy a Grav pipe like the sitter. That’s funny you mentioned Smojo, I just ordered screens from there as I hate using the screens I have with bowls. I’ll definitely try the S&B dosing caps in the 14/19 adapter. I’ll grab a Grav pipe and give it a go. I found a bowl that actually forms a great seal finally I just am using a small rimmed basket screen to cover the hole. Yeah, definitely with pipes and most bowls I’m using the silicone sleeve for sure. I’m sure a clean, never combusted on pipe will be nice. Thanks

I just ordered a couple of pipes from Grov and those Smojo pipe things. I actually found that my Sticky Brick/Hot Rod injector bowl with a J hook works great. 3 diamonds on the Neo and the seal is totally perfect. It’s got a glass joint and the rest is walnut wood but with the JHook/mostly glass the flavor is really good with some Wonderbrett Orange/Banana. FINALLY, I knew this thing had it in it to work! Thanks for the advice on the Grav Labs pipes, got a sitting sherlock and a hammer something or other and the pipe screen things. Those look perfect for permanently blocking the bowl holes. Ok I can finally see the appeal now and several posts regarding a unique vape signature and a unique convection effect make sense. NOW the bowl and pipes make sense too. Worth the few days of learning. Honestly I don’t think I even tried this bowl amongst the ton I tried. Duh.

Top Bottom