• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The NEO by Prrl Labs

StringTheorista

Has anyone used a dangle bong with Neo? It seems like the bowl is big enough to work with it, but I can’t find dimensions anywhere… thanks for any info

StringTheorista,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

D4Dank

I get a few medium size bowls or a couple fatties per battery, but I usually replace around 20/30%. Grab a couple spare and an external charger and no downtime. I typically do take longer draws with it, with the right piece (plenty of great recs here) extraction is no problem. Pure unadulterated flavor 👌
Interesting so you pretty much need extra batteries if you plan on sharing with a friend or two? I’m really tempted to pull the trigger on this but the battery life has me sketch. Had a fury edge and got over it quickly since it didn’t last too long and got really hot. Flavor wise, what’s that been like for you? I’ve been seeking something to get all the flavor out of my bud and so far I’ve liked the first hit from a dynavap but of course it’s all gone in the second hit.

Mr. Me2

Interesting so you pretty much need extra batteries if you plan on sharing with a friend or two? I’m really tempted to pull the trigger on this but the battery life has me sketch. Had a fury edge and got over it quickly since it didn’t last too long and got really hot. Flavor wise, what’s that been like for you? I’ve been seeking something to get all the flavor out of my bud and so far I’ve liked the first hit from a dynavap but of course it’s all gone in the second hit.
Flavor using the Neo is GREAT!

NimChimpsky

Couple extra batteries and a simple external charger <$20, I'd have an extra one on standby if planning on several extended sessions but would do the same for all my 18650 powered vapes. Imo, the Neo would be great to use with friends and with full convection the flavor is considerably better than the dyna and Fury.

Last edited:

D4Dank

Couple extra batteries and a simple external charger <$20, I'd have an extra one on standby if planning on several extended sessions but would do the same for all my 18650 powered vapes. Imo, the Neo would be great to use with friends and with full convection the flavor is considerably better than the dyna and Fury.
Right on, I’m sold

dam I had the black one in my cart yesterday and today it’s up $20

Last edited:

caseball2051

Taste is great with the neo. It comes in second only to the lotus as far as what vapes I own.

Battery life is tough with this device because there are so many variables in how everyone uses their neo and with what bowls, load sizes, etc etc.

I'd say that you should expect 3 to 6 bowls on a single battery with a neo.

I would also recommend an external charger and a backup battery or two...I have 4tbh that way I'm never down and out.

The battery level indicator is not the best and actually not accurate which I've only noticed recently. I get discrepancies when charging via USB c and on my external. For example, my neo just showed itself as full charging by USB c...but on my external the battery read 4.13 which is not full.

D4Dank

Taste is great with the neo. It comes in second only to the lotus as far as what vapes I own.

Battery life is tough with this device because there are so many variables in how everyone uses their neo and with what bowls, load sizes, etc etc.

I'd say that you should expect 3 to 6 bowls on a single battery with a neo.

I would also recommend an external charger and a backup battery or two...I have 4tbh that way I'm never down and out.

The battery level indicator is not the best and actually not accurate which I've only noticed recently. I get discrepancies when charging via USB c and on my external. For example, my neo just showed itself as full charging by USB c...but on my external the battery read 4.13 which is not full.
I seee. Thank you. I almost gave in to vas but I think I’ll hold off. Kind of over the Vapes I have to keep charging and can only get a few bowls from.

caseball2051

Yeah a dual battery mod would be a cool addition to the prrl lineup.

I don't think 3 to 6 bowls is a poor number though tbh. It's right in line with the other electric units that i own and for single battery i think it does well. It performs in line with my fw6 which I think is my only single 18650 vape.

Battery swapping is a plus but I can see how ppl might not enjoy it. I feel like the flexibility you get with the options for bowls that the neo fits outweighs the battery swapping. But that's certainly a personal preference.

I've been checking the site every few days for news about the prrl pipe... The neo pipe appeared on the site and its called the terp surfer. It is up for preorder at 170$ which is a premium price. I dig the name and aesthetics but not the cost tbh.

Props to prrl though it's a hard time to launch a product and they've still had the best CS I've had from any vape company I've had to deal with.

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
@caseball2051 gotta link? I couldn’t find the pipe on the site. Thanks

Hi! The pipe wasn't meant to be "live" on the site as yet... our bad. So sorry! Unfortunately, we got news this morning that our pipe prototypes (that we've been waiting 6 weeks for) were only partially completed. Extremely frustrating, though they've been battling COVID lockdowns and a category 5 typhoon... so, I'm trying to be empathetic. The good news is that the walnut looks incredible! I'll post some pics once a few wood bases arrive this week.

Also, I will be uploading the new firmware soon... hopefully today.

-Mark

P.S. ...here are a couple of shots of the bamboo prototype. We are planning on shipping it with at least one extra "cup" and some spare o-rings... and eventually, we will offer different color treatments of the titanium ring.

Terpsurferfrontthreequarters.jpg
Terpsurferapartfromfront.jpg

Last edited:

Trogdor

Vapinating the peasants
Just got my Neo in a couple days ago, took a sec to get accustomed to using it but I'm loving it. Makes a great pairing with a 14" glass gandalf pipe.

One thing I'm wondering though, would there be any harm in cutting more "slots" into the silicone bumper? I try to keep it offset from the intake, but it tends to slide up the chimney until it's fully seated on the zirc. There's only two little slots for air-flow at that point and the draw gets a little tight.

just unboxed this black neo and good golly this thing is sexy!!! the weight and feel are incredible, about to charge it up and get after it!

update: wowowowowow this is so sick, can't wait to get more product and i can fill this Grav octobowl up. Can't say enough about the feel of this device, great member of the collection!!!

Last edited:

akit4so

Tobacco Vapourist
I got black neo in a couple weeks ago, As result of try and error.
Delicious. But needs to learn draw techs.

By the way, @Black_Prrl Will you add "key lock feature" in the future firmware updates?
When I carried out with your leather case,unexpected power on and heating up. It is not safe in my opinion.
Currently, I need to carry neo and battery separately.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I'm so tempted by this heater so I can vape thru all my old pipes. But I'm worried that it won't fit and form a good seal with a variety of bowl sizes. How important is that ? Will the radiant heat still work ? The pipes that are from manufacturers might be ok, but I have several wooden ones that I carved myself and the bowls are not the same size or shape.

Mr. Me2

I'm so tempted by this heater so I can vape thru all my old pipes. But I'm worried that it won't fit and form a good seal with a variety of bowl sizes. How important is that ? Will the radiant heat still work ? The pipes that are from manufacturers might be ok, but I have several wooden ones that I carved myself and the bowls are not the same size or shape.
Having a great seal is very important to get the best from this device. But it’s worth it!

@Black_Prrl can help you with the specs information.

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
Having a great seal is very important to get the best from this device. But it’s worth it!

@Black_Prrl can help you with the specs information.

Hey, everyone! The past couple of months have continued to be more chaotic than anticipated...the good news is that mom is now done with her 2nd spinal surgery and has recovered most of her pre-accident capacity. So, I'm hoping, hoping, hoping that I will have more time to re-engage with y'all.

@VapeKnight, the seal is essential. The silicone adapter that comes with the Neo can compensate for a variety of pipe bowl shapes and sizes, but it can't work miracles on things like square bowls or heavily distorted spoons. The chimney is 19mm (~0.75"), so bowls that are slightly wider than that at the top work best--allowing the chimney to mate against the inner lip of the bowl. Fortunately, most bowls are about that size (which is why we chose it). Other preferred bowl criteria are ones with multi-hole bottoms (or screened) and vertical sides to optimize airflow through your herb.

-------

Apologies to all for the lateness in posting the new firmware update. We are currently shipping with v2.16, while early units shipped with v2.07. The largest differences are in the battery display and in how auto-fire is implemented. We tried very hard to increase screen contrast so that it appeared brighter in sunlight, but were only able to make a small change due to hardware limitations.

What's new?
  • Improved battery information: The tiny battery symbol on the old firmware was too small to get much useful information. So, we made a separate battery status screen with a larger icon that has 10 segments, making it much easier to estimate the remaining power. (Note: any estimation of remaining power is going to be flawed given the nature of li-ion battery chemistry)
  • Greater preheat efficiency: We wanted better performance and predictability of the preheat cycle. So, a double-click starts a 30-second preheat cycle at max power, regardless of the diamond setting.
  • Improved usability: In addition to improved preheating, we also wanted to go right into using our Neo at our preferred diamond setting without having to adjust the power buttons. So, we added an autofire function that is different from the pre-heat cycle. A long-click (0.5-3.0 seconds) starts a 30-second autofire at the current diamond level. In doing so, it's simpler and faster to get to your desired operational level. Caution: if you're used to double-clicking your Neo, it takes some time to get used to using a single-click instead. Be careful not to burn your herb.
  • Low power warning: Whenever the remaining charge drops below 20%, the battery icon will flash for a longer period of time. You should still have several cycles remaining, but be sure not to drain your battery too far. When a li-ion battery falls below a certain level, it will become un-usable.

How do I upgrade my firmware?
Eleaf has provided us the firmware file and a very basic updater. You can find those on Dropbox <<here>>. Unfortunately, the updater only works with a PC, so Mac folks are out of luck unless you can borrow a friend's laptop. Note: This is a "use at your own risk" procedure.
  1. Download the Eleaf updater and appropriate firmware file.
  2. Launch the updater.
  3. Plug your Neo into the USB port of your computer using a USB-C cable. The updater window should display the status of your current firmware.
  4. Click "Update" then navigate to the firmware file and select it. Once you click update, do not disconnect until completed or you may brick your Neo.
  5. Wait approximately 5-10 seconds for the process to complete. It will look like nothing's happening, but be patient. Your Neo will restart when complete.
  6. Unplug your Neo and exit the updater.
------------

Regarding the Terp Surfer:

Goal: to have at least 100 available by mid-December, 50 dark and 50 light

The global supply chain is seriously messed up at the moment. We have a great team in Taiwan, but they are having challenges finding available expertise, especially when it comes high quality wood products. And, shipping is totally buggered. So, we're needing to air freight everything.

We went back and forth, trying to source low-VOC bamboo. In the end, they wanted a 20k unit minimum order and even then the price was too high. So, the plan is to produce the TS-1 in walnut and either maple or apple wood. We have really loved the walnut with the black Neo and the lighter pipe with the white Neo. We will be hand-finishing them with tung oil here in Portland to make sure it's done properly. Tung oil is truly amazing, but it needs to cure properly between coats in order to create a beautiful and lasting finish.

The final prototypes of the titanium ring should be arriving this week and so we expect to be able to give the go ahead on production by the end of the week.

------------

Anyway, I hope that y'all are well!

-Mark
IMG_7998.jpg

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Thanks to everyone who has been experimenting with different pipes/set-up’s to make it easier for us late comers. (I am planning on getting one in next month or two)

As the years go on, my throat is getting more sensitive to vapor.
For those of you using a simple setup - is the heat harsh?
Can anyone speak to what seems to work best at keeping heat to a minimum without having to Frankenstein a cumbersome rig?

Also, I have combed though this thread and have a couple dozen open tabs with everyones’ recommendations, so I figured I would list them in one spot to help out any latecomers who don’t want to sift through everything. Some pretty cool options out there!
Some of these are just bowls or adaptors that will still need another piece to set up properly.
And not all of them have been confirmed to work well with the NEO, but if they were confirmed not to work well, I obviously didn’t include in this roundup:

(the ceramic pots and/or stems)

(the Runt and OG mentioned most - the Flip seems to have mixed reviews as awkward to hold)

Edited to remove one that doesn’t work well with NEO.

Last edited:

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
Thanks to everyone who has been experimenting with different pipes/set-up’s to make it easier for us late comers. (I am planning on getting one in next month or two)

Can anyone speak to what seems to work best at keeping heat to a minimum without having to Frankenstein a cumbersome rig?

Also, I have combed though this thread and have a couple dozen open tabs with everyones’ recommendations, so I figured I would list them in one spot to help out any latecomers who don’t want to sift through everything. Some pretty cool options out there!
Some of these are just bowls or adaptors that will still need another piece to set up properly.
And not all of them have been confirmed to work well with the NEO, but if they were confirmed not to work well, I obviously didn’t include in this roundup:

Wow! Thanks so much for this, @Jill NYC!... there are a couple on the list that I haven't tried as yet, so can't vouch for them. Guess that they need to be on my Xmas list. :-) The only one listed that didn't work well for me was the last, the Path Pipe. It had air leakages between the lid and the body so it never worked great for me.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Wow! Thanks so much for this, @Jill NYC!... there are a couple on the list that I haven't tried as yet, so can't vouch for them. Guess that they need to be on my Xmas list. :-) The only one listed that didn't work well for me was the last, the Path Pipe. It had air leakages between the lid and the body so it never worked great for me.
Thank! I will remove it since I can still edit that post.

Mr. Me2

(the ceramic pots and/or stems)

(the Runt and OG mentioned most - the Flip seems to have mixed reviews as awkward to hold)

Edited to remove one that doesn’t work well with NEO.
I haven’t tried a ton of those but have found the seal makes most of the difference. I’ve also found that it works best with a full load so the weed is close to the Neo.

I LOVE my CDXX pipe. Works great. But it does have a larger bowl. For me that’s not an issue. I just fill it up, and take as many pulls as I want. No problem returning to a started bowl. But it does need stirring.

For me, I’d add the Prll pipe that’s due out soon. Designed for the Neo and it looks like a winner.

I haven’t had a ton of success with glass pipes. Seems like finicky seal issues.

Top Bottom