The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
For me I use the Mighty as a session vape almost every night before bed. Here is what I found works best.

1. Half load with liquid pad on top is perfect for one session.
2. Start first 3 hits at 160 followed by next 3 hits at 170. Great taste and cool vape throughout.

Fewer herbs are better than more and the ABV is a uniform light brown after each bowl. Also starting at low temp gives not only great flavor, but much cooler vape. The latter avoids coughing and is much easier to hit than what I used before at 180 – 190. I am sure I could get more out of each load, but for me the good taste and cool vapor is much more appealing than trying to extract every last hit at higher temps.

Welcome! and thanks for posting you thoughts/method. Sounds mellow.

vapviking,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So, would that power supply, in theory, fully charge Mighty 2 times? (my understanding is that Mighty has 2 internal 18650's)
And from usb it could charge a Pax2 or a grasshopper? or phone, ho hum...
This would cover all my bases. Thanks for posting!

Could this be used as an external charging device for the custom batteries in a Grasshopper? I guess I should ask the question over in Hopperland thread... But, generally, should this device be used primarily as a portable power station, or is it okay to use as a charger, swapping batteries in and out regularly?
Apologies if too many ????, I got a little excited.

If you use 18650 batteries with the same capacity of the Mighty then yes, it will recharge it twice.

And on the GH
Yes and no, This is a Powerbank, not a charger. Although it will charge 18650 batteries slowly (.5a I think) this will charge a GH battery while it's in the GH. GH charges off of any USB 5v output. The GH is USB chargeable and you use it while charging so this or any other USB power bank would charge the Grasshopper while you are using it.

As far as charging and swapping GH batteries you can do that too but not with this powerbank, just get any Lipo charger for that. They are a proprietary size but any good lipo charger will charge them outside of the GH device like the Xtar or Nitecore. I use a Xtar VP4

Last edited:

MinnBobber

How long does the battery last on the Mighty? Meaning if they go bad are they easily replaceable by the user or do I have to send the unit in for it to get replaced.
Mighty battery must be replaced by S & B. They don't seem to advertise the cost but members have reported it is $90. Battery not covered under warranty in US.
In some other countries, their consumer protection laws make S & B cover the battery.

Mighty dual batteries seems to last much longer than Crafty single battery which seems to get overheated and blow its fuse.

Some have opened up their units and soldered in new batteries but that absolutely voids the warranty so seems to be something to do after the warranty is expired.

esoh

I just had a session where i kept setting down the mighty in direct sunlight and after 5 minutes got an ER001 for overheating! That's a first for me. keep your mightys cool guys!

Spocks_Katra

I had a wierd thing happen to my mighty tonight. When I tried to twist my CU on with the screen on the mod facing me, it would make a click as the tiny bump on the bottom of the cooling unit made first contact with the top of the main body, way before it "clicked" in place. When I turned it around, with the sreen facing away, it worked. now I tried this with the CU mouthpiece on the side of the button, and on the opposite side. and it made the click both ways, but as soon as I turned the mighty with the screen facing away, and twisted the CU on, i didnt hear the noise. Maybe its the angle i was twisting at but idk it would seem it would be uniform, Either Way, ill be taking a look tomorrow after I vape this next bowl, I figure i need to dust out around the bowl, maybe a tiny piece of nug cuased the CU to line up slightly off, just strange lol

Spocks_Katra,

TboneToker

For me I use the Mighty as a session vape almost every night before bed. Here is what I found works best.

1. Half load with liquid pad on top is perfect for one session.
2. Start first 3 hits at 160 followed by next 3 hits at 170. Great taste and cool vape throughout.

Fewer herbs are better than more and the ABV is a uniform light brown after each bowl. Also starting at low temp gives not only great flavor, but much cooler vape. The latter avoids coughing and is much easier to hit than what I used before at 180 – 190. I am sure I could get more out of each load, but for me the good taste and cool vapor is much more appealing than trying to extract every last hit at higher temps.

So, have you gotten rid of all vapes because of the mighty? I have a volcano, aromed(high end whip vape) and a solo, would I only want a mighty?

TboneToker,

Oneeyeisbetter

My new Mighty arrived today. Charged it (although the unit arrived pretty much topped up on charge). Took it to temperature, worked the controls, and looked inside the mighty big cooling unit. Smelling the new smells, taking in the form. Before even vaping with this unit and already I am liking it a lot. The flask shape of the Mighty feels very familiar, fits jacket and backpack pockets well. In anticipation of travelling with my Mighty, one of my first steps is to cover the SN with clear tape so I don't lose the unit number to wear.

Oneeyeisbetter,
Reactions: Sick Vape

peterpiper

(peter-ex-piper)
I had a wierd thing happen to my mighty tonight. When I tried to twist my CU on with the screen on the mod facing me, it would make a click as the tiny bump on the bottom of the cooling unit made first contact with the top of the main body, way before it "clicked" in place. When I turned it around, with the sreen facing away, it worked. now I tried this with the CU mouthpiece on the side of the button, and on the opposite side. and it made the click both ways, but as soon as I turned the mighty with the screen facing away, and twisted the CU on, i didnt hear the noise. Maybe its the angle i was twisting at but idk it would seem it would be uniform, Either Way, ill be taking a look tomorrow after I vape this next bowl, I figure i need to dust out around the bowl, maybe a tiny piece of nug cuased the CU to line up slightly off, just strange lol
I never heard a click?

Spocks_Katra

I never heard a click?
I always hear a click as the CU goes into place on the body. I have a feeling my CU has a pretty tight fit on the body, because unlike video reviews ive seen, my CU doesnt twist off easy and just twist on there is some resistance that makes it snug, and it clicks as the CU locks onto the body. Im not complaining i actually like how secure it feels. I just dusted off everything with my "paleontologist" tool and its like new around the CU and bowl! put a nice bowl of Blueberry OG and some kief for a before bed treat, helps get rid of pain and make me drowsy so I can sleep.

I always like to prepack my bowls for that night/the next morning so its always ready, Then I just unload it next time I pack, either later that day or the next day

Spocks_Katra,

FTF

Hello Forum,
I recently bought Storz & Bickel's Mighty vaporizer since I moved to a new apartment where smoking either inside or within a walking distance, that doesn't seem insurmountable late at night, is impossible. I've tried it semi daily for 2 weeks with Flower, Hash, Wax and a combination of all three (for hash & Wax only I used the liquid pad) but it just doesn't seem to get me stoned. Even after vaping two packed bowls of flower with some wax sandwiched in there, I have a slight body high (more of a buzz) and do get some munchies. But I get nowhere near as medicated as when I smoke a bowl or two out of a pipe / bong or when I smoke half a king sized joint. I especially get close to no head high. Even when smoking indica dominant hybrids I usually still get some sort of a head high. While vaping it just feels like the very early stages of a high setting in, without it ever actually getting to the point I want it to be.

I take long even pulls and hold the vapor in a bit. I've tried different temperate settings from 185-210c (356 - 410F). Could it be that I'm smoking at too high a temp? I've read that THC and other cannabinoids associated with more heady highs are released at lower temps and vaping at higher temps gives more a body high.

Help is requested and greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Felix

FTF,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Sent my might back for repair finally after 2+ months sitting on the dresser.

Wasting a warranty I KNOW I'm going to need.

You don't buy S&B portables, you rent them. Lol.
...too bad it works sooo fucking well!
(Vapman has been holding it down in its absence :D)

Looks like the Underdog and Mighty have the save plug size and voltage requirements. So my Portable Underdog power supply will do a fine job at charging the mighty off of 4x 18650 batteries for camping. Nice!!

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1457402

Plus the Haze charger cord works great as a car adapter for the mighty. glad it's a standard 2.1mm plug at 12v
Can you confirm the cord works? Good shit!

Last edited:

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
Hello Forum,
I recently bought Storz & Bickel's Mighty vaporizer since I moved to a new apartment where smoking either inside or within a walking distance, that doesn't seem insurmountable late at night, is impossible. I've tried it semi daily for 2 weeks with Flower, Hash, Wax and a combination of all three (for hash & Wax only I used the liquid pad) but it just doesn't seem to get me stoned. Even after vaping two packed bowls of flower with some wax sandwiched in there, I have a slight body high (more of a buzz) and do get some munchies. But I get nowhere near as medicated as when I smoke a bowl or two out of a pipe / bong or when I smoke half a king sized joint. I especially get close to no head high. Even when smoking indica dominant hybrids I usually still get some sort of a head high. While vaping it just feels like the very early stages of a high setting in, without it ever actually getting to the point I want it to be.

I take long even pulls and hold the vapor in a bit. I've tried different temperate settings from 185-210c (356 - 410F). Could it be that I'm smoking at too high a temp? I've read that THC and other cannabinoids associated with more heady highs are released at lower temps and vaping at higher temps gives more a body high.

Cheers,
Felix
Are you still smoking? Lots of folks don't get full vaping effects until they have abstained from smoking completely for a few weeks.

FTF

Are you still smoking? Lots of folks don't get full vaping effects until they have abstained from smoking completely for a few weeks.
Not in a few weeks. It seems like I'm wasting quite a bit of weed. If I rolled a supernatural joint out of what I tried to vape in an evening I'd be high out of my god damn mind. I think I vaped around 2 gr of hash, 5gr of flower, and a gr. of wax in a long weekend without being truly high once. :hmm::hmm:

Cheers,
Felix

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Not in a few weeks. It seems like I'm wasting quite a bit of weed. If I rolled a supernatural joint out of what I tried to vape in an evening I'd be high out of my god damn mind. I think I vaped around 2 gr of hash, 5gr of flower, and a gr. of wax in a long weekend without being truly high once. :hmm::hmm:

Cheers,
Felix
Have you ever used any other vaporizer that worked before? Besides your consumption habbit, there is really no other clues that your giving to indicate an issue.

It could be you have a defective cooling unit, could be your herbs are too wet or 1000 other things for that matter.

Mrbrown81k

Hello Forum,

Cheers,
Felix
Could be your weed. Not all stuff vaporizes so well from my experience. Also make sure it's pretty dry. There's no way you should not be getting high with the mighty and it should be way more efficient than if you were rolling joints. Smoking does get you higher than vaping though for sure but not to the point where you won't be noticing it when you vape. Also I like to start around 365 farenheit and when the vapor density starts diminishing I open it up give it a stir and bump up the temp about 25 degrees. Seems to work best for me.
So basically my advice to you is to try some different weed.

Mr. Me2

Have you ever used any other vaporizer that worked before? Besides your consumption habbit, there is really no other clues that your giving to indicate an issue.

It could be you have a defective cooling unit, could be your herbs are too wet or 1000 other things for that matter.
I agree about testing the cu. try removing it, block the air path with your thumb and draw. There should be no airflow...

Good luck!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hello Forum,

Cheers,
Felix
Welcome!

First need to ascertain "is this thing working?". At least one of those materials, at some of those temps., should be giving you visible clouds, in more than enough quantity, IF the Mighty is genuine and functioning to spec. (clouds are a good, though not the only, and not a requisite indicator). When flower is vaped, what does it look like after? In general, it should be medium to dark brown. Obviously, lighter if only vaped at lower temps. Check the c/u for leakage (see above).

Here's an interesting article about the transition;
http://fuckcombustion.com/resources/switching-from-smoking-to-vaporizing.5/

I'd suggest staying in higher temp range for a while (say, 195C-210C). Yes, different things are released at different temps., but it is cumulative, you still get the "lower" temp stuff when you vape at high temp., but the reverse is not true. Smoker's are accustomed to getting all the goods delivered, however, this means some bad stuff happening along with the "better". For example, smoker's enjoy a bit of a heady feeling due to oxygen deprivation! From what I've come to understand and experience, this is not really getting "high".
There are qualitative differences between the effects of combusting compared to vaporizing, a bit of an acquired taste that seems to catch on with some folks quicker than with others.

Last, just briefly, maybe a couple days' T break is in order? As with smoking, a brief fast and the re-entry is very pleasant.

Sorry if I'm making it sound like "you're not getting it!" It's a big, (relatively) new world out here, lots of dialog and understanding needed!

Congratulations, though it's not going so easily, on getting on the path to Fucking Combustion. Best of luck.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

Cheers,
Felix
You're searching for the effects of the toxic by products of smoking but they won't be there. Vaping is a much purer high than smoking so it can seem deceptively weak when the opposite is true. If you're doing things right you should be getting higher with the same amount of weed you would usually use.

I cannot see how you could have not been high after consuming the amount you had. Either you weren't getting vapour or you don't realize what being high feels like without the smoke by products.

max

Out to lunch
Could it be that I'm smoking at too high a temp?
I'm sure you mean vaping instead of smoking, and the answer is no. The higher your vaping temp, the closer you get to the smoke high. It's already been said- you're looking for smoke effects from vapor and vaporizing is a much cleaner high. What you don't get are smoke byproducts like carbon monoxide and benzene, both of which have a sedative effect, but have nothing to do with the cannabis high. If you just can't do without the effects of these smoke byproducts, then I'd say that vaporizing isn't for you.

I cannot see how you could have not been high after consuming the amount you had.
It does seem like your tolerance level is really high.

jdee

Hello Forum,

Cheers,
Felix

Hello friend, I'm just gonna repeat what the above poster is saying. You mentioned getting "stoned" while combusting and feeling "high" while vaping. This is in fact correct. The "stoned" feeling you are missing is attributable to certain undesirable things. Like inhaling carbon monoxide, the byproduct of combustion, which then binds to your hemoglobin depriving your brain of oxygen.

FTF

Dear all,
thank you for your informative comments and your patience with me for occasionally using the word "smoking" instead of "vaping". :cool:I should have expected the members of a forum called fuckcombustion to push back on this. :rockon:

Here information in response to some of your queries.
1.) I get good clouds and airflow at all temps
2.) The flower is an even brown after vaping
3.) The broken up hash gets more dry and a bit darker. (I have no idea how to tell if hash is completely vaped through. I just vape it until I don't get any more smoke.
4.) The mighty is original, bought directly from S&B's website.

As a point of clarification, when I say I felt a slight high while vaping I mean the following: Imagine taking a few puffs from a joint. If you stop there you will feel a slight buzz, comparable to the buzz you feel after having 2 beers. No where near enough to be drunk or even tipsy but you feel something. This is most certainly not me being high. I know what being high on a vaporizer feels like. I remember the first time I vaped in college. I used a friend's flowermate and after 4-5 hits I was definitely high. Probably higher than I'd been for months previously, smoking.

So I do not think that my current situation can be entirely ascribed to the difference in highs when smoking or vaping.

Tonight I will give it another shot since I'm seeing Batman v Superman with my girl. I'm getting some very potent hash delivered from a reliable source that I've used on multiple occasions. This should remove the variable of bad weed / hash. In a joint with some tobacco this hash definitely gets the job done. I don't think it should be bad weed, since I previously vaped 4 different strains of flower + hash and wax which were all acquired from different sources.

Could someone clarify how exactly I can test the cooling unit. I don't notice anything special when taking a hit but then again, what do I know?

I'd say I have the average tolerance of a semi daily smoker but considering how much I vaped I don't think that this is too much of a factor. I suppose it is possible that I just have to cycle of smoking for a few weeks. I will report back how things work out tonight.

Cheers,
Felix

FTF,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Dear all,
thank you for your informative comments and your patience with me occasionally using the word "smoking" instead of "vaping". :cool:I should have expected the members of a forum called fuckcombustion to push back on this.

Here information in response to some of your queries.
1.) I get good clouds and airflow at all temps
2.) The flower is an even brown after vaping
3.) The broken up hash gets more dry and a bit darker. (I have no idea how to tell if hash is completely vaped through. I just vape it until I don't get any more smoke.
4.) The mighty is original bought from S&B's website.

As a point of clarification when I say I felt a slight high while vaping I mean the following: Imagine taking a few puffs from a joint. If you stop there you will feel a slight buzz, comparable to the buzz you feel after having 2 beers. No where near enough to be drunk or even tipsy but you feel something. This is most certainly not me being high. I know what feeling high on a vaporizer feels like. I remember the first time I vaped in college. I used a friend's flowermate and after 4-5 hits I was definitely high. Probably higher than I'd been for months previously, smoking.

So I do not think that my current situation can be entirely ascribed to a different high when smoking or vaping.

Tonight I will give it another shot since I'm seeing Batman v Superman with my girl. I'm getting some very potent hash delivered from a reliable source that I've used on multiple occasions. This should remove the variable of bad weed / hash. In a joint with some tobacco this hash definitely gets the job done.

I'd say I have the average tolerance of a semi daily smoker but considering how much I vaped I don't think that this is too much of a factor. I suppose it is possible that I just have to cycle of smoking for a few weeks. I will report back how things work out tonight.

Cheers,
Felix
I really don't know what the issue could be besides tolerance. Even so, the amount of material consumed would put even heavy users into a good high.

I'm a moderate daily user and I can have one mighty bowl for a buzz or two bowls for a high @ 365°F. That's probably less than a gram of material. If I were to try to smoke to get to the same level I would need roughly twice the amount of weed. Even when I was vaping concentrates daily, my tolerance peaked at a half pea sized dab to get me blasted to the moon.

Perhaps you need a brief T break and start vaping only after that?

Winegums,
Top Bottom