• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Green Kiwi

And as other tip I would like to ad, (it's written down in this tread by me and many others......just go back),brushing the bowl clean immediately after finishing bowl with the Mighty UPSIDEDOWN, you don't want the dust to clog up your air path:2c:.
another one is if you like using kief, you have to sandwich it otherwise.... it's just common sense.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Has a tech savvy ever thought if it is possible about updating the Mighty/Crafty to 220 degrees?
The Mighty's big brother the Plenty can be 'hacked' for as high a temp as you want but you need a torx bit and a file, not a computer to do it. :2c:

I cleaned out my friend's Mighty bowl with fine stainless steel wool as I do not like the idea of steam going up into the unit as that screen likes to shit itself without help.
I tried heating it and used multiple iso q-tips in a cordless drill but made no indent into the black hole of an oven. The bowl was left looking like new complete with machining marks that I no doubt put in it while cleaning. He was well pleased and has managed to keep it looking pretty clean after a few weeks of hard use...I told him this is not the ideal way to keep the unit clean as there is only so much aluminium I can remove. I reiterated that emptying straight after a sesh is the best way to prolong the cleanliness.

simplywonderful

Yes they do clog up, also the crafty.
the way I prevent it from clogging, is a blow it at least once a week out with a air compressor. first in the direction of the clogged hole up to the top(you can make a dam from cut open silicon tube to get some pressure while blowing upwards) and then from the top. 10 bars plus of airpresure keeps it clean imho.:2c:.
is that that big ass pressurized motorized noisy ass thing that blows really high pressurized air ? used in carpentry and similar jobs? Damn I have to buy that for cleaning this shit ? its quite weird since I only tried concentrate once and its three month old device :\ Im thinking about getting air compressor I wish something smaller would be available

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Damn I have to buy that for cleaning this shit ?
Haha, you can buy cans of compressed air for doing things like this to electronics (not sure if they would have enough pressure or not but cheap to try), some industrial type compressors have oil in the air that is compressed and even water in some clunkers if not properly maintained.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: BigJr48

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Haha, you can buy cans of compressed air for doing things like this to electronics (not sure if they would have enough pressure or not but cheap to try), some industrial type compressors have oil in the air that is compressed and even water in some clunkers if not properly maintained.
That air says it has Propane and Butane in it?
Not for me, thanks.

vapviking,
  • Wow
Reactions: LesPlenty

triskelion

This one serves me well in blowing debris on stems, bowls, and vape ovens.
IMG-2566.jpg

simplywonderful

I remember having one but the tubing for air blowing was thicker and could not get to the spot from beneath, but I think I will try other brand if you tried it and it worked out fine for cleaning the air intake hole. I tried to scrape the place with metal card grinder and small amounts of hash like powdery black tar stuff was coming out of it, fluffy stuff

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Just placed an order for the Plus from Cream City. 281 plus shipping. Good deal.

This’ll be my fourth Mighty since 2015. (Bought two that year….one died, one is still going but the battery is weaker. My third I bought three years ago and it still pumps out the clouds!) Looking forward to the upgrades. I’m sure I’ll put it to incredibly excessive use. :lol:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
(the etsy one linked above and the delta3d ones do not hug and go with you, it's more of a table top stand)
You were so right ChooChoo! I picked up one during sale (actually got it from POTV, because they had color I wanted), and it is so, so, so much better to just slip it on and forget all about it, so much better than having to remember the stand when moving around home.

Also @ChooChooCharlie - haven’t seen you around here lately - hope you are feeling okay.

ChooChooCharlie

Thanks for asking, @Jill NYC !!
I'm doing lots better, but still relying on easy draw of Mighty over other more lung taxing portables. I feel like a traitor to my other vapes, they've been shooting me dirty looks

Here's proof of life:
Proof-of-life-with-Mighty.jpg

(Forgot to hold up today's newspaper)

Good that POTV also sells those ambidextrous Mighty/Mighty+ stands

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
Can Someone take a photo of their cooling unit from the mighty+? I want to make sure I have the correct one.

wm762,

Sm00thV@pr

Hi all,

Re: Mighty not charging!

My (out-of-warranty) Mighty (2019 model) is unfortunately not charging after only 6 months of light use, the charger is ok as I've tested it on a friend's Mighty, but my Mighty does nothing when I plug the charger barrel into the socket (no vibration noise, no indication on the screen, and does not charge the device).

- The Mighty still works perfectly with what little battery power it still has remaining, but just won't charge.

- Has anyone else experienced this please, and if so, how did you fix it? - Maybe the charging port is faulty, or maybe it is a circuitry fault?

Thanks and all the best,
SV

BigJr48

Hi all,

My (out-of-warranty) Mighty (2019 model) is unfortunately not charging after only 6 months of light use, the charger is ok as I've tested it on a friend's Mighty, but my Mighty does nothing when I plug the charger barrel into the socket (no vibration noise, no indication on the screen, and does not charge the device).

- The Mighty still works perfectly with what little battery power it still has remaining, but just won't charge.

- Has anyone else experienced this please, and if so, how did you fix it? - Maybe the charging port is faulty, or maybe it is a circuitry fault?

Thanks and all the best,
SV
Contact Storz & Bickel, they will probably offer a replacement for a small fee.

Green Kiwi

Hi all,

Thanks and all the best,
SV
First, very sorry, you have this problem.

personal story: I have Mighty's(the original ones no plus yet........)stored around the planet in places I love to visit, but either my custom's or theirs or BOTH:bang:,are not cannabis friendly so I chose to leave those mighty; s were the are, I know sometime somewhere I revisit this places.

What I experienced , is this:Mighty in UBUD (Bali) , 20/35 degrees Celsius, perfect, no noticeable decline in battery power.
in Pho Nahwan (thailand) ,32/50 Celcius, absolutely noticeable less battery power left.
In New Zealand (south), -8, till 41 Celsius, dead on wanting to sesh.
in Holland Middle, -12 till 34 Celcius going noticeable backwards during use......
In Switserland Bern area, -10,till 31 celcius, but stored in a room temperature drawer, no degrade at all.

So I reckon the temps where you use and charge it have a massive influence, on the battery life. and also the storing, I know now that it's not good to store the mighty in rooms were temps go down under 15 Celsius:2c::2c::worms:.

end concluding, I would think it was possibly stored to cols or hot.

It's an easy job to replace yourself those batteries, just scroll trough the forum:tup:.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Hi all,

My (out-of-warranty) Mighty (2019 model) is unfortunately not charging after only 6 months of light use, the charger is ok as I've tested it on a friend's Mighty,
ok, but dumb question….you say your charger works on your friend’s Mighty. But did you try charging your Mighty with your friend’s charger?

I‘ve had a similar issue with two different units. Both times the Mighty would charge on a different charger. Give it a try, because my first reaction to your story was “bad charger” and using that charger with your friend’s Mighty isn’t sufficient evidence that the charger is ok with your Mighty, IMO. :2c:

blackstone

Hi all,

Thanks and all the best,
SV
Don't mean to pry, but if it's out of warranty after 6 months of use are you sure you have your dates correct?
It's supposed to be a 2 year warranty from date of purchase I believe.

ok, but dumb question….you say your charger works on your friend’s Mighty. But did you try charging your Mighty with your friend’s charger?

I‘ve had a similar issue with two different units. Both times the Mighty would charge on a different charger. Give it a try, because my first reaction to your story was “bad charger” and using that charger with your friend’s Mighty isn’t sufficient evidence that the charger is ok with your Mighty, IMO. :2c:

Yes, this^^^, and @Sm00thV@pr make sure it's not your wall socket, or just how your charger plugs into to your wall socket.

The Mighty charger is pretty much a regular male 5.5mm DC jack plug that is wired to have it's central pin as the positive conductor (centre positive) with 12 volts DC @3000mAh.
You can find similar power supplies that will replicate it on such things as CCTV, CB radio, and many domestic broadband routers. (Power supplies for guitar pedals are normally around 9 volt and centre negative, so dont use those).
There should be a label on each appliance or device stating the wiring polarity of the jack plug, and the voltage.
If the device's supply is similar to a Mighty, you can also test your Mighty charger using these other devices.
Power supplies under 3000mAh, such as 1 , 1.5, or 2 amp supplies, will charge the batteries of a Mighty no problem, but should cut out temporarily if you try to power up the vape as they won't have enough welly to power the Mighty heater like the original 3 amp one does.
I have once or twice heard of the 5.5mm DC socket inside the Mighty needing to be replaced or resoldered in the past on this thread I believe.
I don't know if you've already tried wiggling it very slightly although that's never really recommended!
Or just trying shaking or moving the wire lead around gently, as the conductors inside may be intermittently open circuit.
Have you looked inside the opening of your 12 volt Mighty socket closely with a jewellers loupe or magnifying glass to see if it all looks normal and if the terminals can properly make contact with a plug, or if there is any fluff lodged inside there?
You can reset settings such as temperature back to default, by holding the power button for 10 seconds while the vape is on, but I'm not sure this will help at all in your case.

Top Bottom