The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

jpdnkstr

I've only had my mighty for about a month and I'm loving it! I don't pay attention to how many capsules I can use on a full battery, but I bet it's about 8-10. I finally got my shipping notification from S&B from my order on 4/20 as well.

blackstone

What does everyone else get for battery life? I had a long walk the other night and I was able to vape a full magazine of 8 dosing caps before the battery died. I was pretty spaced after a few so I may have been leaving my device on longer than it needed to be. My Mighty is less than a month old.
I've only had my mighty for about a month and I'm loving it! I don't pay attention to how many capsules I can use on a full battery, but I bet it's about 8-10. I finally got my shipping notification from S&B from my order on 4/20 as well.

I tested my last 20% extra battery Mighty when it was brand new 2 years ago and I got 12 full caps, cooling down fully each time.
I think I had gotten up to 6 from an old 20% extra Crafty.
8 caps on one walk sounds like lots, and lots!

Can you please elaborate a little better on how to replace the defective screen? Will I void the warranty?

Thanks for the advice!

If you open it or change screen the warranty would void if they could tell.
It's unlucky you've had 3 like this, I didn't think it was a very common fault. Do you store it next to a speaker or anything strongly magnetic?

sacred buddha

The Stoned Divinity
If you open it or change screen the warranty would void if they could tell.
It's unlucky you've had 3 like this, I didn't think it was a very common fault. Do you store it next to a speaker or anything strongly magnetic?

I always used it with extra care and indoors all the time (so it's not sun bleach issue). For some time I thought it could be the plastic stand that had the LCD pressed in some way, but my last unit was used without it and had the same problem on the screen.

Maybe it could be a big batch that came out with these defective screens, idk.

godzone vaper

I always used it with extra care and indoors all the time (so it's not sun bleach issue). For some time I thought it could be the plastic stand that had the LCD pressed in some way, but my last unit was used without it and had the same problem on the screen.

That's was my thought too, but it happened to a Mighty I bought in 2017, and the other it happened I bought in 2019. both had been recently produced in Germany.:uhh:

yes your warranty will be void, but because of custom laws in my country, i couldn't send it back and forward to S&B for warranty .Soo I had nothing to lose, only to gains working screen again.
in short: after opening your device(screen side slides up ,backside slide down!)you can unscrew the print from the housing.with the print in your hand pry a small flat screwdriver between screen. and screen holder:VOILA ! put the screen from to useless (because of the housing...)Mighty back in there and screw everything back together.job done:twocents::leaf:.

SquirrelMaster

@blackstone
Yeah I spent a good amount of time extending the session while I chatted with a friend while on a social distancing vape meet up so I could probably get more caps down if I didn't zone out.

That's was my thought too, but it happened to a Mighty I bought in 2017, and the other it happened I bought in 2019. both had been recently produced in Germany.:uhh:

yes your warranty will be void, but because of custom laws in my country, i couldn't send it back and forward to S&B for warranty .Soo I had nothing to lose, only to gains working screen again.
in short: after opening your device(screen side slides up ,backside slide down!)you can unscrew the print from the housing.with the print in your hand pry a small flat screwdriver between screen. and screen holder:VOILA ! put the screen from to useless (because of the housing...)Mighty back in there and screw everything back together.job done:twocents::leaf:.
Wait, so are you saying there's 2 layers to the screen that get pressed together and that's what caused screen issues for you? Just making sure I'm following you correctly and that it's that easy of a fix. I'm sure there are a few out of warranty units that their owners would love to be able to fix so easily. I've only ever heard of the screens being damaged by the sun.

godzone vaper

@blackstone
Yeah I spent a good amount of time extending the session while I chatted with a friend while on a social distancing vape meet up so I could probably get more caps down if I didn't zone out.

Wait, so are you saying there's 2 layers to the screen that get pressed together and that's what caused screen issues for you? Just making sure I'm following you correctly and that it's that easy of a fix. I'm sure there are a few out of warranty units that their owners would love to be able to fix so easily. I've only ever heard of the screens being damaged by the sun.
No I am sorry for the confusion. the screen is fitted on a multiple pin holder thing(think of memory chips in the older desktop p.c).
you can carefully pry the screen of that holder and after removal put screen from the wrecked Mighty back instead.
(I wish I had made pictures ,but was quiet focussed and probably 'zongt'when I performed the "operation"):doh:.

It was not the first time I had the "beast' open, in the past I have had to disable the heater unit for cleaning, I learned the hard way not to blow out ave but use the brush instead.
After that I also had to learn to brush the'beast' out upside down...... otherwise "avb dust"will slowly over time restrict the airflow.
I also learned the hard way (because of all of the above)that the Mighty is not suitable for doing big concentrate dabs on the concentrate pad.

Now I have a question myself to: Anyone have a Mighty Tattoo yet? I remember a few years back this question was asked in this tread to by @Hell
windandStaff.
I' m myself thinking about doing this as the Mighty has been such an important part of my life, since release..:peace:🥳

Readthebook

My Mighty is about 5 months old and I’m not sure I’ve ever had amazing battery life and it seems to be getting a tad shorter. I admittedly don’t keep it plugged in when I’m heating the unit but I pack a bowl in it (no capsule, just put the ground flower in with the loading tool), heat it, take 3-6 rips and turn it off. Take a couple during cooldown usually. I’ll come back to that same bowl later at a higher temp until it’s all done. Usually 2-3 heat/cool cycles.

I feel like i can get maybe 7 heat/cool cycles out of the charge And I’m charging every day and a half or so. It doesn’t feel like the 90 mins they claim, but maybe heating up on battery power is really killing me. Is there a thread about battery replacements? Better batteries? Thanks.

Otherwise I love it and it’s been fantastic. Tames what ails me.

SquirrelMaster

No I am sorry for the confusion. the screen is fitted on a multiple pin holder thing(think of memory chips in the older desktop p.c).
you can carefully pry the screen of that holder and after removal put screen from the wrecked Mighty back instead.
(I wish I had made pictures ,but was quiet focussed and probably 'zongt'when I performed the "operation"):doh:.

It was not the first time I had the "beast' open, in the past I have had to disable the heater unit for cleaning, I learned the hard way not to blow out ave but use the brush instead.
After that I also had to learn to brush the'beast' out upside down...... otherwise "avb dust"will slowly over time restrict the airflow.
I also learned the hard way (because of all of the above)that the Mighty is not suitable for doing big concentrate dabs on the concentrate pad.

Still not 100% with you, you disconnect the screen when taking the Mighty apart but are you replacing with a new screen or fixing the old screen or just putting the unit back together?

I've wondered about blowing my Mighty out from the air inlet but I can't tell exactly where it is. That's why I love the dosing capsules, they keep the oven clean and satisfy my OCD tendency to have a clean device lol.

@Readthebook
Check out this page that shows how to open up the Mighty. The stock batteries (Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650GA) with tabs seem to be a little harder to find but I'm sure they're out there. @JCat offers replacement batteries with all the leads already attached if you don't want to do that part yourself.

godzone vaper

@SquirrelMaster , I replaced the faulty screen in the newer Mighty with the screen I butchered out of an older Mighty .(that because of broken housing had become useless).

The air inlet is located under the middle cilinder ,under the heating element.

For people intending on replacing batteries, it's very important NOT to solder on Lithium batteries , instead you should point weld any wires to the new batteries.
I'm sure @OF! can explain this in more detail and beter English than I can.
I asume @JCat also uses this techniek for his replacement packs.maybe he can explain this in good English, how and why.:bowdown:

OF!

For people intending on replacing batteries, it's very important NOT to solder on Lithium batteries , instead you should point weld any wires to the new batteries.
I'm sure @OF! can explain this in more detail and beter English than I can.

I'm not sure I can , but I'll have a lash?

Absolutely true. Soldering involves too much heat, pushes the Li cells way past the safe zone. On one end it 'only' damages the seals (causing loss of capacity and very short life) I'm told, but the other end (which needs even more heat to 'get the work up to temperature' for proper soldering damages the cell insulation causing all sorts of spectacular fires and the occasional explosion down the road, no doubt at an inconvenient time?

Spot welding is the solution since a lot of heat is used on a very tiny point so the material around it doesn't get much more than warm. A 'work around' is to have someone else spot weld metal (usually Nickle) straps on which you can safely solder to on the other ends:

Important to note the failure comes after the fact and can be dangerous and expensive. Good time to play it safe IMO. Be sure of the 'rebuilder' you trust you life/health to?

Regards to all.

OF

85' Doc Gooden

High outta my mind on this Blue Cheese blasting Roc Marciano.Drinking this amazing Pale Ale from a local micro brewery .
5a6cb6dd-2f59-47d9-8a66-d295c269f87c.jpg

49b3a1f2-8dfc-4408-a933-a489afe6524f.jpg

ac4acec6-f89c-431f-b64c-c1691cb3520e.jpg

602b8f8c-da63-4290-9967-9e2fb43fb69e.jpg

averagemo

Hoping somebody can chime in with an issue i have. I have an old, out of warranty, cracked case, 2015 Mighty. It will not turn on. When plugged into the charger, the screen comes on with Err 004 then the 1st battery bar flashes before it shows the batteries as full and the err code remains. The NCR18650PF's are currently reading 3.45V & 3.46V. Has someone out there faced this ? Or does anyone have any suggestions on what to check/test ?

AverageMoe,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

crownroyaldaddy

i have been back to combusting heavily after investing a lot of money in top tier vapes. my absolute favorite is the Mighty. Now I just feel like the taste of my mighty is no good anymore.
I have cleaned it multiple times and replaced both screens and all orings, CU, an mouthpiece. There is an improvement, but not to what I feel like it once was.
Have any long term Mighty owners experienced this? My unit is 2 years old

blackstone

Good point. As green Kiwi suggested, it seems it's an issue with the components as opposed to a connection on the board.
When I had a chinese vape that kept failing upon replacement years ago, I even suspected an xray machine in the mail depot or something:lol:
Then one time I got a Mighty with some orange "Caution - Highly sensitive electronic equipment" tape all over the package, so maybe it is a possibility to have damage from xray.
Hope your next one doesn't do it on you!

Hoping somebody can chime in with an issue i have. I have an old, out of warranty, cracked case, 2015 Mighty. It will not turn on. When plugged into the charger, the screen comes on with Err 004 then the 1st battery bar flashes before it shows the batteries as full and the err code remains. The NCR18650PF's are currently reading 3.45V & 3.46V. Has someone out there faced this ? Or does anyone have any suggestions on what to check/test ?

Just guessing but after 5 years I wonder is it the batteries, or maybe charging circuit. Until you find out, two options would be try new batteries, or just replace the vape.
If you're buying from their website it might be worth mentioning your issue and possibly sending back your old one for some discount if they can help at this stage.

i have been back to combusting heavily after investing a lot of money in top tier vapes. my absolute favorite is the Mighty. Now I just feel like the taste of my mighty is no good anymore.
I have cleaned it multiple times and replaced both screens and all orings, CU, an mouthpiece. There is an improvement, but not to what I feel like it once was.

A few posts up is a discussion about deep cleaning the heater insides of gunk such as ABV dust, it might be that.
Is there much staining at the top of your bowl/ring?
I agree about the Mighty it absolutely rocks and is so much better than many vapes around,
But I noticed on the old site one vape you also mentioned having was a Flowerpot.
Do you think the FP can match the clouds or efficiency of Mighty at all?
Or is it the portability and user friendly side to the Mighty that you also love so much?
Thanks!

blissfulyogi

we got some connoisseuirs/ cannaweedeurs here ! really nice setup, made me miss my shattered water rig, got mobius just like that
peeped action bronson in that music flick :D
High outta my mind on this Blue Cheese blasting Roc Marciano.Drinking this amazing Pale Ale from a local micro brewery .
5a6cb6dd-2f59-47d9-8a66-d295c269f87c.jpg

49b3a1f2-8dfc-4408-a933-a489afe6524f.jpg

ac4acec6-f89c-431f-b64c-c1691cb3520e.jpg

602b8f8c-da63-4290-9967-9e2fb43fb69e.jpg

The Mighty instruction manual says ERR 004 - The Vaporizer is faulty. In this case, disconnect from the mains without delay and get in touch immediately with our Service Center.

Sorry, probably not very helpful.
got the same error on much younger mighty I would be glad if somebody could help us, one day it was just not possible to turn it on and when I hooked it to a spare charger it shows err04

does your mighty have flow restriction ? I was sucking the sould out of it for a long period of time and little that I knew it was clogged, I removed the cracked middle plastic cover and bended the heating element to the side so I was able to get underneath it with needle and I was able to pop what ever was there ( resin in my opinion) the airflow and taste was like you would compare lambo to a prius in a drag race. I think it should not happen with a device that have such a hefty price tag

Last edited:

blissfulyogi

Good point. As green Kiwi suggested, it seems it's an issue with the components as opposed to a connection on the board.
When I had a chinese vape that kept failing upon replacement years ago, I even suspected an xray machine in the mail depot or something:lol:
Then one time I got a Mighty with some orange "Caution - Highly sensitive electronic equipment" tape all over the package, so maybe it is a possibility to have damage from xray.
Hope your next one doesn't do it on you!

Just guessing but after 5 years I wonder is it the batteries, or maybe charging circuit. Until you find out, two options would be try new batteries, or just replace the vape.
If you're buying from their website it might be worth mentioning your issue and possibly sending back your old one for some discount if they can help at this stage.

A few posts up is a discussion about deep cleaning the heater insides of gunk such as ABV dust, it might be that.
Is there much staining at the top of your bowl/ring?
I agree about the Mighty it absolutely rocks and is so much better than many vapes around,
But I noticed on the old site one vape you also mentioned having was a Flowerpot.
Do you think the FP can match the clouds or efficiency of Mighty at all?
Or is it the portability and user friendly side to the Mighty that you also love so much?
Thanks!
Hi I always wanted to do this deep cleaning of the heater but I never got around removing the plastic part, but once I saw it dissasembled on Vape Critics page. But then I was not able to find it, should I look for it here or on odler FC please?

blissfulyogi,
Reactions: blackstone

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Love the performance but I had problems with the faded LCD screen issue, with 3 different units replaced under warranty. They all had exactly the same issue, the LCD screen just starts to get faded and you can only see the numbers when you look from a specific angle.

Nothing has changed in the performance though, still one of the bests overall vaporizers in my opinion.

Maybe i'm just unlucky but as premium and expensive vaporizer this type of problem that is not expected at all.

View attachment 485

I got one less than a year old with the screen problem, I need to send it in.

Battery life seems to have taken a considerable dive too, the battery life was pretty damn incredible when I first got it.

cvs8floz

The Mighty was my first top tier vape and the first one to deliver hits strong enough to satisfy me and get me off hard liquor altogether. It was a revelation and a taste sensation until I discovered vapes with an all-glass vapor path, and now the Mighty sits unused and is only brought out occasionally as my travel vape. I have not been able to reproduce the early day hits in the Mighty. either through the cooling unit or through a glass bong, it just does't taste good anymore no matter if I use the dosing capsules or not, I think my taste preferences have changed and I now dislike anything that is not all glass.

cvs8floz,

godzone vaper

I suspect your heat fuse on the battery has done its job. maybe you had it very hot in use up side down on a glass bong, or several sessions in a row?
when they do there job(witch is sort of disconnect the battery to prevent run away situation with Lithium cells) they are not connecting anymore , they need to be replaced.

blissfulyogi

The Mighty was my first top tier vape and the first one to deliver hits strong enough to satisfy me and get me off hard liquor altogether. It was a revelation and a taste sensation until I discovered vapes with an all-glass vapor path, and now the Mighty sits unused and is only brought out occasionally as my travel vape. I have not been able to reproduce the early day hits in the Mighty. either through the cooling unit or through a glass bong, it just does't taste good anymore no matter if I use the dosing capsules or not, I think my taste preferences have changed and I now dislike anything that is not all glass.
wondering what portable you use now, guessing milaana?

blissfulyogi,
Top Bottom