The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
After deciding to purchase another vape other than my beloved Solo for 420, I decided upon the Mighty. While I was doing my research the only reservation I had in getting a Mighty was the hassle of keeping it clean. I know its not a big deal to clean it but hey I'm lazy. That's one of the best things about the Solo is its ultra low maintenance.

So I came up with the plan to go with the 14mm wpa and use the J-hook I was already using and just drop the glass in iso like I currently do and I'd be good to go. But after reading/hearing that some folks having cracked their Mighty's I had my doubts about screwing the wpa on and off multiple times a day without damaging it.

Being a retired machinist I knew could come up with something in order to make it fit better, so I ordered 2 (in case I screwed 1 up). Sure enough, when tried to screw it on the first time without modifying it I was afraid I was going to crack it, so I stopped. I went into my toolbox and grabbed a file and got to it. I tried the long flat first but couldn't keep it square and was putting a taper on it which would cause it to not engage properly. Then I flipped the file on its side and Wallah! I was able to rest the long side of the file against the cylinder; keeping the file square with the part.
I can't tell you the stock size of those flanges but I took them down to .075" and that seemed to be a good thickness. It now has enough pressure to seat the wpa without cracking my Mighty.

I gotta tell ya I don't know why I waited this long to get a Mighty. It is now my daily driver.
While the Solo still has a slight edge in taste for the first two draws (imho), the overall session taste gives the win to the Mighty.

"Long live the fighter!"
I use a SOLO the most!
The glass stem provides flavor I appreciate?
The MIGHTY is on my radar?

My SOLO is very old, however it is still functional for some reason?

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs

Baron23

After deciding to purchase another vape other than my beloved Solo for 420, I decided upon the Mighty. While I was doing my research the only reservation I had in getting a Mighty was the hassle of keeping it clean. I know its not a big deal to clean it but hey I'm lazy. That's one of the best things about the Solo is its ultra low maintenance.

So I came up with the plan to go with the 14mm wpa and use the J-hook I was already using and just drop the glass in iso like I currently do and I'd be good to go. But after reading/hearing that some folks having cracked their Mighty's I had my doubts about screwing the wpa on and off multiple times a day without damaging it.

Being a retired machinist I knew could come up with something in order to make it fit better, so I ordered 2 (in case I screwed 1 up). Sure enough, when tried to screw it on the first time without modifying it I was afraid I was going to crack it, so I stopped. I went into my toolbox and grabbed a file and got to it. I tried the long flat first but couldn't keep it square and was putting a taper on it which would cause it to not engage properly. Then I flipped the file on its side and Wallah! I was able to rest the long side of the file against the cylinder; keeping the file square with the part.
I can't tell you the stock size of those flanges but I took them down to .075" and that seemed to be a good thickness. It now has enough pressure to seat the wpa without cracking my Mighty.

I gotta tell ya I don't know why I waited this long to get a Mighty. It is now my daily driver.
While the Solo still has a slight edge in taste for the first two draws (imho), the overall session taste gives the win to the Mighty.

"Long live the fighter!"
Since you have your adapter properly tuned up, this may not be of interest to you but Delta 3D Studios makes a soft adapter that works wonderfully with no concern about stressing the CU hold down flanges.

https://delta3dstudios.com/mighty-v3-waterpipe-adapter/

Da Yooper

Sasquatch Approved
Since you have your adapter properly tuned up, this may not be of interest to you but Delta 3D Studios makes a soft adapter that works wonderfully with no concern about stressing the CU hold down flanges.

https://delta3dstudios.com/mighty-v3-waterpipe-adapter/
What a great design. It looks like a perfect fit from the photos. Plus the added bonus of a good seal to the oven. I believe that due to the manufacturing properties of glass I can and never will get a "complete" seal with what I have. Sure I get a good enough seal to get the job done, but when I inhale I always hear a slight whistle (reminds me of my FF2). When I use the CU its totally quiet as it should be. I mean they use O-rings for a reason right? I have one question though, do you know if the screen is removable? A lot of times in the mfg process involving silicone/urethane you would see the screen edges buried in the material. It would be nice if it were removable, Regardless, I'm getting one as soon as I finish here as I can always modify it. Thanks for the tip!

"Basic research is what I am doing
when I don't know what I am doing"
- Werhner von Braun

Baron23

What a great design. It looks like a perfect fit from the photos. Plus the added bonus of a good seal to the oven. I believe that due to the manufacturing properties of glass I can and never will get a "complete" seal with what I have. Sure I get a good enough seal to get the job done, but when I inhale I always hear a slight whistle (reminds me of my FF2). When I use the CU its totally quiet as it should be. I mean they use O-rings for a reason right? I have one question though, do you know if the screen is removable? A lot of times in the mfg process involving silicone/urethane you would see the screen edges buried in the material. It would be nice if it were removable, Regardless, I'm getting one as soon as I finish here as I can always modify it. Thanks for the tip!

"Basic research is what I am doing
when I don't know what I am doing"
- Werhner von Braun

Not sure, tbh.

@Ratchett - hey Mike, can the screen in your Mighty WPA be removed and reinstalled for cleaning?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Delta 3D Studios makes a soft adapter that
Is a lint monster.:razz:
I love my glass wpa and have not broken anything...yet, I can be a ham-fisted bastard but I only tighten the glass wpa until the glass stops wobbling.:tup:
I always hear a slight whistle
That slight whistle is made due to increased airflow through the Mighty due to your upgrade, not a leak.:myday:

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Is a lint monster.:razz:
I love my glass wpa and have not broken anything...yet, I can be a ham-fisted bastard but I only tighten the glass wpa until the glass stops wobbling.:tup:

That slight whistle is made due to increased airflow through the Mighty due to your upgrade, not a leak.:myday:
I second that.
A little bit of my glass WPA chipped off the first time I used it. It chipped off on the inside of the WPA where nothing touches.
I thought it whistles because of that:lol:
Did file a bit after reading here to facilitate unscrewing.

I like the idea of a soft WPA too

simplywonderful

Hey guys anyone here builded a power bank for mighty+ laptop? lap takes 20v 3a and mighty 12v 3a, Im wondering if something like that is possible, thank you for the help :) and one more question, does anyone achieved using mighty with only glass path ? something like j hook? have a beautiful day
P.S Does anyone know if SB are up into something new and portable in these days?

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
@Ratchett What say you about a bigger stand for the mighty such that it won’t fall down with a j hook attached?

Hmm, I've been tossing around a few different ideas for some new stands recently. Although this spring has been quite eventful and I haven't had much time for R&D. I'm hoping to work on some new stand ideas this summer once things slow down a little bit. And yes, one of my stand ideas does have a spot for the Mighty vaporizer planned out, but I still need to do more testing on my concept before I'm ready to publish anything.

@Ratchett - hey Mike, can the screen in your Mighty WPA be removed and reinstalled for cleaning?

Indeed they can. The screen rests in a notched indentation along the vaporpath. A blunt object from the 18/14mm male side can pop it out quite easily. Re-installation is pretty easy - simply work the screen into the notch on one side then slowly press it down and work it into the groove until it pops into place

LesPlenty

Company Rep
@simplywonderful, I use this for Mighty, computer and to run my 12v fridge as it slips into the fridges travel pocket (10 hours run time for a 47ltr ARB fridge set at 2 degrees C)
Not cheap, but good quality,
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-600A-B...956799?hash=item5436ff583f:g:pNEAAOSwdzVXu~vk
or US seller
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antigravit...228960&hash=item2ce55588e8:g:y2wAAOSwPsRcZfO5
These are both exactly like mine except for the color/names, there are many others out there similar but they do not really compare to the good ones.:tup:
That being said, I just ordered the following to put my spare 18650 batteries to use as a small mighty charger;

arthritisbites

one more question, does anyone achieved using mighty with only glass path ? something like j hook?

All glass path possible as explained by @LesPlenty :

A wpa and a j-hook gets rid of the plastic cooling unit:tup: I use these;
https://www.dhgate.com/product/glas....html?skuid=490589371677724674#mfavit-14-null
glass-j-hook-adapter-creative-style-j-hooks-glass-pipe-joint-size-14.4mm-18mm-female-free-shipping.jpg

and wpa;

https://www.puffitup.com/v/vspfiles/photos/QTQC.MIGHT-18MM-2.jpg

All GonG.:myday:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I grew up in Hawaii. now I live elsewhere. BUT Hawaii still has the best weed I have ever smoked. I've been to a lot of places and smoked weed everywhere and Hawaii is still just something special.
In da 1970’s the NORTH SHORE was great for surfing, music and CANNABIS!

My friends on MAUI said theirs was da kine however We grew very decent COLAS as well!

NATURE did da growing?

EVO is like a DECANTER!
In my life experience the EVO function’s properly!
The MIGHTY I’m looking at?

My family ran a factory in WAIPHU. (Mis-spelled most likely?)
5 years in total!
CALIFORNIA is my home again. ( Not da ISLAND’s however decent?)

Last edited:
Hi, FC heads!
This is my first post here. Recently after long research I bought a Mighty. It's with me some 8-9 days. Newest version (20% more battery, inhale the difference version, 04-2018 model). I like everything about this device - vapor quality, flavor, build etc., except one thing - battery life. Read here that most have about 8-12 sessions on full charge with the newest 2018 model. Unluckily my experience so far is not so great at all. Maneged to have between 5-6 sessions on full charge - 0.1 grams, 8-10 minutes, 12 hits (10 on 195°C and last two in boost mode on 210°C). That's it, my battery after those 5-6 sessions is totally empty. Is it OK or should I need to worry about this issue?
Thanks in advance.

HallieDee

That sounds like my Mighty! I bought my second Mighty last month with those great 420 discounts. I love the Mighty.

But my new Mighty's battery life seems shorter than the older one I have. I thought I must be wrong about that perception. But hearing your story, @DirtyGringo makes me think that even though S+B says 20% more battery, that may not be true!

Hallie

Hi, FC heads!
This is my first post here. Recently after long research I bought a Mighty. It's with me some 8-9 days. Newest version (20% more battery, inhale the difference version, 04-2018 model). I like everything about this device - vapor quality, flavor, build etc., except one thing - battery life. Read here that most have about 8-12 sessions on full charge with the newest 2018 model. Unluckily my experience so far is not so great at all. Maneged to have between 5-6 sessions on full charge - 0.1 grams, 8-10 minutes, 12 hits (10 on 195°C and last two in boost mode on 210°C). That's it, my battery after those 5-6 sessions is totally empty. Is it OK or should I need to worry about this issue?
Thanks in advance.

MonkeyTime

That sounds like my Mighty! I bought my second Mighty last month with those great 420 discounts. I love the Mighty.

But my new Mighty's battery life seems shorter than the older one I have. I thought I must be wrong about that perception. But hearing your story, @DirtyGringo makes me think that even though S+B says 20% more battery, that may not be true!

Hallie

I wouldn't doubt the 20% claim so much, S&B has a good, if not sometimes inconsistent reputation.

But when I hear JC's manufactured date, I wonder if the units you two are having issues with have batteries that deteriorated while in storage?

Mine is a few years old and still gets more than 5-6 bowls per charge.

Then again, maybe you should define the 5-6 bowls you're getting? Symantics issue perhaps?

@HallieDe, yeah, same thing here bought mine as well on 4/20 sale past month.

Question for those more experienced Mighty users. Is it possible to start RMA in this case? Because 45 to max 55 minutes on full charge is far less than advertised 90 minutes. It make me feel somehow no so happy about this otherways great product.

@MonkeyTime
Ok, step by step, start to finish. The herbs that I put in dosing capsules (yes, I use those for keeping oven clear) is very dry, fine grinded, 0,1 grams. Inhaling is long and soft (temperature only falls 2-3 increments in Celsius scale in time of that hit). Between hits there is 15-20 sec. pause. In that manner I keep doing my 10 hits, after that turn boost mode and go from 195°C to 210° for another two hits. That's it session is done. It takes 8-10 minutes (was seeking on my watch). And so another 4 or 5 times, till battery level on display falls to 0 increments. Than I put device for a full charge. And than repeat everything what was written above. I have done this cycle already 3 times, now i'm charging my Mighty for 4th time in last 9 days (that's the time when I recieved it). Device is real and authentic 2018 model (S&B confirmed me that). Using it 2 times a day, in my appartment (place is dry and warm 24/7). Maybe it's really some storing issue in warehouse by seller?

Last edited by a moderator:

MonkeyTime

@MonkeyTime
Ok, step by step, start to finish. The herbs that I put in dosing capsules (yes, I use those for keeping oven clear) is very dry, fine grinded, 0,1 grams. Inhaling is long and soft (temperature only falls 2-3 increments in Celsius scale in time of that hit). Between hits there is 15-20 sec. pause. In that manner I keep doing my 10 hits, after that turn boost mode and go from 195°C to 210° for another two hits. That's it session is done. It takes 8-10 minutes (was seeking on my watch). And so another 4 or 5 times, till battery level on display falls to 0 increments. Than I put device for a full charge. And than repeat everything what was written above. I have done this cycle already 3 times, now i'm charging my Mighty for 4th time in last 9 days (that's the time when I recieved it). Device is real and authentic 2018 model (S&B confirmed me that). Using it 2 times a day, in my appartment (place is dry and warm 24/7). Maybe it's really some storing issue in warehouse by seller?

Ok, I only asked because sometimes people have very different patterns of usage and wanted to be on the same page with you.

That was what I was thinking, it sat on a shelf for a long time and the batteries dropped off a bit.

If it doesn't disrupt your usage, try running the battery down to one bar a few times without charging in the middle. They may also need a little exercise.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Device is real and authentic 2018
I had a 2018 model and could easily go through the 8 caps in the revolver cap holder and usually a couple more.
My 2018 model shit itself so I now have a 2019 model and that is the same, 10 to 12 caps per battery, your battery sounds like it needs to be cycled a few more times before I would say it is rooted.:tup: I have heard some 18650 batteries need to be cycled 6 times before they will reach their peak performance.:2c:
I had to recharge my Mighties twice or more a day to start with so give it a few more cycles before you start your RMA (the rma process is quite stress-free, S&B are good at this, lots of practice? hehe)

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
@LesPlenty @MonkeyTime Thank you for advices. Hopefully you are right and it's battery not yet reached full operational capacity. Will give it a try for few more charge cycles and will see what will happen. Should I discharge it fully, or leave one bar as @MonkeyTime mentioned before? Just looking for best tips and tricks for battery maintenance and health in general.
I think charging at one bar would be best. You don’t want to fully deplete the batteries though.

Top Bottom