The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

shredder

One last review of the liquid capsules.

For the last few weeks we have used the liquid capsules for all of our mighty vaping sessions. We started with a normal herb filled cap and a liquid cap with rosin per evening. Soon we noticed the herb hits seemed wispy and not as intense as the rosin hits. So we are exclusively vaping with the liquid capsules now.

I found early you don't want to load a lot of rosin in each cap. If you do it gets sticky and could leak into the heater. We came close once. And we do get some resin on the top of the caps at times. No real problem though. For us and with rosin a dab of about .1 gram works great.

I used to start at 390F and ramp up the temps from there, now we start at 410F and start hitting at 390F. The hits are rich and flavorful right to the end. At the end the vapor gets wispy and without much flavor. In a group session I swapped a spent cap for a full one without turning off the vape. It worked flawlessly.

I have removed the screen from the cooling unit some time ago. Using the liquid capsules exclusively keeps particulates like plant matter out of the cooling unit. So what's left is resin. When I pull a spent cap and it's sticky on top, and this happens every 4-6 capsule sessions, I take a qtip soaked in Iso alcohol to clean the cooling unit around the intake hole. And a toothpick to scrap out the groove where the screen fits, as resin builds up there. I still havn't cleaned the cooling unit since switching to all liquid capsule use, but I've checked it and its defiantly gooey. But it tastes great and I'll let it go a while and hope to get quite a resin haul when I do finally clean it. The capsules themselves clean up easy in iso, and I reuse them without issues.

Now the cons, for concentrate use it definately could use more heat. I take the wire mesh out and soak the caps and mesh in Iso after use. There seems to be a lot of unvaped resins left. But I have not extracted the ISO yet so I don't know exactly how much. But I think more heat would be more efficent and cause less left overs. So S & B if your listening.......

I havn't tried micro doses yet but I have no reason to think that wouldn't work. But all in all the mighty and the liquid capsules work very well. Not perfect, but well. Much better than my ceramic bowl pen, taste wise and for cleaning as well, but not quite as good as my dnail sic halo, although the dnail is not portable. I think we are very close to having great tasting and efficient portable concentrate vapes, but until then the mighty will be my portable concentrate go to.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Hey, folks. I'm considering picking up a Mighty but had a few questions:

1. Can you get your ABV dark, dark brown with the temperature only going up to 210 C / 410 F? I like to roast my goodies until there is nothing left. :brow:
  2. Is there some 'boost' function in the latest model that raises the temperature over that maximum?
  3. Who has the best deal in Canada/States?

Thank you in advance for your response(s). And please forgive me if these questions have been previously addressed in this thread.

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
1. i would say it's perfect coffee brown, higher temps can lead to releasing the nasty things...
Abv colour is not the best indicator for efficient extraction - under a microscope darker abv from a vapcap has longer tricome stomps left than lighter brown mighty abv. Imo the clearer the colour of the condensate the better and cleaner the extraction is.
2. yes, there is a boost function, but it doesn't go higher than 210C. It's more like a 2. pre settable temp to jump to.
3. no idea for that side of the sea

Last edited:

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Hey, folks. I'm considering picking up a Mighty but had a few questions:

1. Can you get your ABV dark, dark brown with the temperature only going up to 210 C / 410 F? I like to roast my goodies until there is nothing left. :brow:
  2. Is there some 'boost' function in the latest model that raises the temperature over that maximum?
  3. Who has the best deal in Canada/States?

Thank you in advance for your response(s). And please forgive me if these questions have been previously addressed in this thread.
The Mighty provides full extraction, even when the ABV doesn't look as dark as you'd expect. I have run Mighty ABV through high-temp desktops and never gotten any additional vapor from it.

Try emailing Randy at PuffItUp and tell him you're an FC member. He'll get you a good deal.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
The Mighty provides full extraction, even when the ABV doesn't look as dark as you'd expect. I have run Mighty ABV through high-temp desktops and never gotten any additional vapor from it.

Try emailing Randy at PuffItUp and tell him you're an FC member. He'll get you a good deal.

1. i would say it's perfect coffee brown, higher temps can lead to releasing the nasty things...
Abv colour is not the best indicator for efficient extraction - under a microscope darker abv from a vapcap has longer tricome stomps left than lighter brown mighty abv. Imo the clearer the colour of the condensate the better and cleaner the extraction is.
2. yes, there is a boost function, but it doesn't go higher than 210C. It's more like a 2. pre settable temp to jump to.
3. no idea for that side of the sea

I always assumed that the darker I got my goodies, the better the extraction. I use a screen with my Solo 2 and my ABV is very dark brown. But now you have me re-thinking that assumption. Live and learn.

Thanks to the both of you for the great responses. Much appreciated.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I used to think the darker the bud the fuller the extraction but that's definitely not always true. I've had light yellow ABV from convection vaporizers that is 100% extracted. Putting it in a different vape makes it darker but yields no more vapor.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I used to think the darker the bud the fuller the extraction but that's definitely not always true. I've had light yellow ABV from convection vaporizers that is 100% extracted. Putting it in a different vape makes it darker but yields no more vapor.
Yes, this appears to be the case, generally speaking....fully conductive heating gets weed very very dark and full convection seems to cook weed thoroughly but doesn't always leave it super-dark, though I've found it varies from strain to strain (and vape to vape, and session to session...:lol:) Since the Mighty uses both types of heating I sometimes get darker ABV than other times, but often it's not super-dark even though it's always fully extracted, from what I can tell.

There was a pretty entertaining thread on this subject some years ago (ironically it started in the Mighty thread but got so off-tangent it spun out into another thread). I have tried in vain to locate it....maybe someone else remembers the salient points.

EDIT: Found it. Actually spun out of the Crafty thread. Goes all over the place, not really about ABV per se but the perceived differences between convection and conduction... starting on page 4 is where the ABV discussion occurs. (Pretty funny how contentious this got in places. Good times. :p)

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/speculation-about-how-vapour-clouds-form.16873/

Last edited:

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I love how much I learn on this forum.

Well, just waiting for our Canadian dollar to get a bit stronger before jumping on the Mighty bandwagon...

Again, I appreciate the help folks. Thank you.

WildChild,
Reactions: mitchgo61

Baron23

I always assumed that the darker I got my goodies

I think its more accurate to say that the darker your AVB the more chlorophyll has been extracted and the more plant material has oxidized.

With that said, I agree with all above....when the Mighty is done with it, there ain't nothing left over.

I most often use dosing capsules, boost to 410F for last draw or so, and my AVB comes out nice and even darkish brown. No need trying to drive it further, IMO.

Vapor4me

Hi guys,

Question: It so happens that I can get a (new) Mighty Medic in exchange for my current Mighty (8 months old). I tried to look at the specs, but couldn't see much difference, aside from the extra certifications. I was hoping for a higher temp than 210C, but that's not the case.

Aside from the Medic being "medical equipment" and maybe easier to justify carrying with me across borders in the EU, do you guys see any advantages/disadvantages that I might not have considered?

Thanks in advance!

Vapor4me,

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Hi guys,

Question: It so happens that I can get a (new) Mighty Medic in exchange for my current Mighty (8 months old). I tried to look at the specs, but couldn't see much difference, aside from the extra certifications. I was hoping for a higher temp than 210C, but that's not the case.

Aside from the Medic being "medical equipment" and maybe easier to justify carrying with me across borders in the EU, do you guys see any advantages/disadvantages that I might not have considered?

Thanks in advance!
As far as I know it's the exact same device except with the certifications. It may have a valve or something in the mouthpiece too. The Volcano Medic has a different valve than the normal one.

Cheesequake,
Reactions: Vapor4me

Whissmu

It almost gives me embarrassment to communicate that :tinfoil:... after having in my power the mighty almost a year , still does i not tester dosage capsules :doh:, as tomorrow they will arrive :clap:!! I would like to ask if there was any recommendation for its use :hmm:?

thanks FC !!

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

It almost gives me embarrassment to communicate that :tinfoil:... after having in my power the mighty almost a year , still does i not tester dosage capsules :doh:, as tomorrow they will arrive :clap:!! I would like to ask if there was any recommendation for its use :hmm:?

thanks FC !!
If we're sharing, I'll admit that I haven't tried the capsules in my Crafty. But I'm okay with that.

Hope you like yours and have fun!

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: Whissmu

Whissmu

If we're sharing, I'll admit that I haven't tried the capsules in my Crafty. But I'm okay with that.

Hope you like yours and have fun!

thanks for your good wishes!! :tup:

Tomorrow I'll play with the capsules :science:, I have to be honest and say :rolleyes: it's really just a cheap way (5$) to take the VAS away from me :bang:....

Whissmu,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

MonkeyTime

thanks FC !!
I guess I took that as your Mighty was working just fine for you without them :razz:

I also use mine pretty much exclusively with the caps like @Used2use , mostly out of convenience.

I'm really not sure how others are using them, but I've fallen into a comfortable routine. I like mine full with about 0.2g in each, a good pack down. Usually through a small, dry glass piece, the @DDave V2 cooler using @Ratchett 's wpa, love them both.

I pack 30-40 at once and don't measure them anymore, they're all very close in weight when I do. When emptying/cleaning, I keep the tops and bottoms separate, it really speeds up loading.

Any other questions, just post 'em, were a friendly bunch here.

Whissmu

I have to correct my previous post; Is not almost a year but yes almost 2 years. is double embarrassment ... jus, jus :rofl:

@Used2use And I thinking that I was different! :rockon:

@MonkeyTime Thank ! It is of great help to me, you description of charge and wash !! :tup:

My mighty always worked well and for some time I try to try the capsules but... the misfortune of not finding in stocks and the distraction of other vapes :bang: has made that even past so long (almost 2years) i have much illusion to prove my mighty :clap: (with capsules)

Whissmu,

ChooChooCharlie

Love the capsule system, but be careful where you dump them.

Hot capsules.made quite an impression on this thermal paper receipt.

DvGhHmMm.jpg

ChooChooCharlie

@Stu -- $ "organic" Agent Orange in caps > $ yuppy tequila > $ sandwich

@Mr. Me2 -- That's one of Walt's early sketches from 1928. Stoner Mickey.

@Whissmu -- New capsules are difficult to open. I like to hold cap like a vice with left hand, then pry straight up with right thumb nail. Also helps to bend them a bit then reshape them. Over time it becomes very easy. Year old caps on right.

bQOiWdgm.jpg

Top Bottom