The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Peggit

I read in FC for a few month now and since I recently bought a crafty I decided to sign in.
Also wondering if I should have gone with the mighty as this topic is all about the joy of vaping while the craftys seems like a discussion hot spot for its issues.
But for now I'm pleased.

Maybe purchasing a mighty later in the year. Can anyone tell me how long the battery of the mighty lasts? And is there a difference in taste and effect?

subway13029

i just call it epoxy but i did use the jbweld high temp..ive used a few different kinds..only seems to have effected if it failed or started to fail but when u using it its imppssible to know if its sloghtly leaking and coming into contact with air path..

biohacker

Can anyone tell me how long the battery of the mighty lasts? And is there a difference in taste and effect?

Good question! These 2 threads have died off significantly, but i've noticed this pattern on the forum in general over the past year.... most people just lurk and don't contribute I suppose. I don't know of any battery replacements really or complaints, but do know of many who are going strong into their 2nd year with original batteries. Myself, even though i've owned a dozen Mighty's, the longest duration i've own 2 were over a year of heavy daily usage, and I was still more than happy with its battery life. Kinda like the Solo! I never had any real "slow downs" in heatup speed, just would get maybe 1 less session or so on a fully charge. With the Crafty completely different storey.

As for difference in taste and effect, the only difference may be the CU size difference but it's not a major difference IMO. You can always swap CU's. Since the battery degrades quicker on the Crafty, it takes a little longer to recover temperature after a big hit, so there is the added "stewing/conduction" time that could potentially affect taste IMO.

You won't regret purchasing a Mighty in addition to your Crafty, and then you can just use your Crafty as needed for stealth.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Maybe purchasing a mighty later in the year. Can anyone tell me how long the battery of the mighty lasts?

You can see from some recent posts, one user is saying 8+ sessions from a charge and this is completely believable and normal, based on my experience, too.

Maybe more important, the two batteries in Mighty share the load and generally don't have to work as hard or get as hot; I think this is why Mighty tends to last so long without repair.
The charge circuitry in Mighty is different than Crafty, which is limited by the 'convenient' usb charge system. Mighty charges at a higher voltage and amperage and will actually charge faster than Crafty. You can also use Mighty while plugged in and the net result will be an increase of charge status, not depletion.

Two plusses for Crafty are size and it's flat bottom. Imo, in all other aspects Mighty is a preferable vape.

Enjoy your Crafty! If you are a modest user, it may serve very well. If it craps out and qualifies for warranty service, that's the best time to ask for an upgrade to Mighty.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Anybody experiences lover vapor amount like 4 -5 about 7s pulls? Im using capsules only as a starter, did the enlargement trick of the upper part of the capsule with the brush as somebody suggested, three circles around the circumference of the top cap and its done. I also cleaned the mighty burned of the iso and the chamber, better said the heated air got this weird like smell, like some irradiated air or something like that, there was nothing loaded :D I thought the less pulls I got might be a result of using water mouthpiece but after trying the plastic one, I figured out thats not the case.

Some people here are using water tools and some oppose it, is it really worth it or should I gave up on my matrix perc and whip connection totally?
I like Mighty both with and without water piece. I suggest perseverance!
Number & quality of hits will of course depend on quality of material.
Are you trying high temperatures (200C and above)? This will extract the goods faster, so there will be fewer number of hits, and though stronger they might seem still mellow due to water use? My initial trials of the caps with water back when they were new, all with vg material, at 210C seemed to give about 4 to 5 big hits per well-packed cap. Many more hits/longer sessions possible if using lower temps.
I realize that I may not be addressing your question directly, but maybe something in this will spark a thought for you to try.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I get at the very least 12 solid clouds per capsule . With this bubble gum usually 20. Had to turn it off MID session last night again lol.
You can reduce the capacity of the cap if you don't need it full.
One way is to put a small amount of flower, then oil pad (the ones fitted in size to the caps) to fill the space.

Another way is to take a screen (c/u or chamber screen, I only use the fine screens) and press it into capsule, forming a bowl. Fill that smaller space, put lid on, vape on...
There are several other methods available for small loads, in full chamber. One we refer to as a 'top screen'. You can use c/u or chamber screen for that, but some folks say this can scratch the chamber walls.
The main idea is to keep the material snug, in place, not able to swirl around.

i just call it epoxy but i did use the jbweld high temp..ive used a few different kinds..only seems to have effected if it failed or started to fail but when u using it its imppssible to know if its sloghtly leaking and coming into contact with air path..
Precaution is always good you can never trust a glue, silicone seems better, they use it in the boobs, if its medical grade silicone I think it would be better than glued parts.

I like Mighty both with and without water piece. I suggest perseverance!
Number & quality of hits will of course depend on quality of material.
Are you trying high temperatures (200C and above)? This will extract the goods faster, so there will be fewer number of hits, and though stronger they might seem still mellow due to water use? My initial trials of the caps with water back when they were new, all with vg material, at 210C seemed to give about 4 to 5 big hits per well-packed cap. Many more hits/longer sessions possible if using lower temps.
I realize that I may not be addressing your question directly, but maybe something in this will spark a thought for you to try.
I saw some info about the material should be dried, but Im not sure what dried means, like overly dried ? or boveda humid packs 62rh would help me to get more of that material? Im always trying to work it up from 165 to 210, when I dont get any vapor on a temp I increase by 10c and slowly work my way up. I also think its not good to leave the capsule inside,when the heat slowly drops it seems to me that material continue to bake itself.
The mouthpiece might play small factor in that, I think the original one gives little more hits, comparing to the glass one ( bigger opening of the glass mouthjpiece seems to me like bigger clouds = less rips I think)
Hope you all having a great weekend :)

blablablabla,
I get at the very least 12 solid clouds per capsule . With this bubble gum usually 20. Had to turn it off MID session last night again lol.
I overlooked this post, damn thats a lot of clouds out of one capsule, do you pack it tightly, coarse or fine grind? Can you provide any info on how you store the bubble gum, rh etc?

Which oil pads fit the capsules?
for the mighty the smaller ones you can differ between them by the number of them in packs (those who fits capsules are usually in 4 pack :
https://www.storz-bickel.com/us/en/store/accessories/liquid-pad-set-for-dosing-capsules.html

The one included with mighty is bigger one and althrough it fits the chamber it wont fit in the capsule

vaporist4LIFE

I do pack it .not that tightly to help with airflow .SCS grind. Finer side , fluffy but not not like the grinder included with the mighty would do.
Storing in a half gallon mason (flowers are in vacs) covered up from light.burped few times a week.

blackstone

Wasn't sure if it was okay to charge and rip! I do notice it charges pretty quickly which is great

It is OK, otherwise a company this decent wouldn't have put it in the vape!
If you have low battery and want to avoid charging in use you can plug Mighty in while it first heats up to temperature, then unplug it and use battery to keep the heat.
It'll heat faster and be more likely to last the session.

I guess the Crafty works like a Solo, and it constantly switches the battery between charging and heating while using plugged in?
That's supposed to be very hard on batteries and is not recommended by some battery experts. It might be interesting to know the survival rates of Crafty batteries versus if they were used while charging a lot.

Two plusses for Crafty are size and it's flat bottom. Imo, in all other aspects Mighty is a preferable vape.

Enjoy your Crafty! If you are a modest user, it may serve very well. If it craps out and qualifies for warranty service, that's the best time to ask for an upgrade to Mighty.

I was going to say the looks, but that probably comes from the size!
Other small plusses might be that you can turn off vibration and the lights. Or I think that the lights on a Crafty might actually show you that a draw has been registered, that would be nice but I don't want to have to look at the screen while vaping either!

I sometimes wonder about the modest user reliability, only because I've heard of Crafty with low to moderate use having problems too!! And heavy users with low to normal amounts of issues.
And back when I emailed S&B for advice, they never mentioned that the Mighty would be better for more uses besides battery life, but did mention the battery pack for extended use with Crafty.
It's like they had zero lack of confidence in the Crafty and I was surprised really after what I'd read. Thought they might push me towards Mighty in some way.
I went Mighty on FC advice and have little regrets!

Had to turn it off MID session last night again lol.

I would just keep going, RIDE THE SNAKE!!!
Ah I'm just joking!

verdampersweats

Guys who was it that had two of these Mightys again? I am still getting the itch and i need complete uncompromised desktop performance with a large bowl for fishing trips. And the opportunity may arise to get a second Mighty or a Grasshopper. I know we talked about this before with two bowls and basically having double everything inc bowl size, 60w total output, double battery life etc but i still have doubts if it would thicken vapor that much.

The grasshopper would technically be better but seems still not reliable? Being in the EU S&B suit me and the capsules are amazing not to mention if i went with a Hopper i would need to drag a bong with me which is not that portable. If i went with a second mighty i would simply bind two Mightys with a velcro strap back to front, And have very short whips coming out into https://vapefiend.co.uk/18mm-male-whip-adapter but custom made version of this with 2x intakes for each CU and Mighty.

Now i simply attach that to my F-Bomb and simply slide out the vapes and silicone as one unit from, my Hydratube. Now image trying to figure out how to mix in a grasshopper, Its not as easy and probably works out just as much as a Mighty in the UK as well. Which by the way has risen from £240 to £297 since Jan 2015 when i bought my first one! Thanks folks!

Last edited:

verdampersweats

Not sure what you mean. You mean charge them both simultaneously?

Ah you made me chuckle man no no i mean link both into a bong with a Y adaptor, Basically doubling up hitting two full bowls at once. Not sure why this gave me the giggles heh!

verdampersweats,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Ah you made me chuckle man no no i mean link both into a bong with a Y adaptor, Basically doubling up hitting two full bowls at once. Not sure why this gave me the giggles heh!
Ah. I never would have thought of that....hitting two Mightys at once? Seems dangerous. :p:lol:

I'm not a water-tool guy so I only use my Mightys native, as God intended. (Seriously, I haven't noticed any huge differences in my Mightys beyond the newer one having the longer shut-off time and reinforced top fins.)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Have you seen the multi-port GONG adapter, I believe it's call Claisson(CLAISEN) but that wasn't giving me a search result just now. Guys showing them a while back in the Grasshopper thread for multiple Hopper use. I have not tried this doubling up, but...

I have Mighty and two Hoppers. While I sometimes would like a bigger rip from Mighty & water piece, this is not the case with Hopper. Very strong hits from this thing. With my house more full of people than usual, I have been using a Pinnacle Pro tube (knockoff) and find it quite adequate. Hopper with the new performance mouthpiece mates to 14mm glass directly. Hopper is pisser good dry, too, but a tad hot. With a little management this is not a problem, imo.

But if by, "uncompromising" you mean reliability, you should be very wary because of your location. Hoppers break down, no question about that, but while they are getting better, it's just too many backs and forths and downtime if you are outside of the US. At least this is how it's been up til now, and I think their attempt at having a European outlet/warranty center has been somewhat less than stellar.

Hopper is not a large bowl, so that doesn't fit your requirement either, but quite seriously, there are some guys who just pack several to take along. They're compact, and some of us got them pretty cheap earlier on in the rollout... If you've got three and one goes on the blink, it's not the end of the world! My postage is less than 3 bucks for returning Hopper, and they are always back to me in two weeks. It's a lifetime warranty.

All this said, it sounds like the second Mighty is more like what you want. But if you see the videos of the Hoppers and that Claisson thing, you'll be salivating for sure.

EDIT: @rodders83 I was spelling it incorrectly; here's a whole thread...
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-claisen-thread.16261/

Last edited:

verdampersweats

Thanks i am a fan of claisen setups @vapviking and i think Mighty is indeed the only suitable vape in the EU. Though S&B wont give me any discount at all or even sell me a base heating unit. I am being forced to take the box and all the warts.

Not even 10% off code for a second lol how tight!

verdampersweats,
Reactions: vapviking
to everyone In eu I recommend lacentralevapeur.com, amazing price on mighty when you use fc discount + you get some points which you can exchange for handy tools like caps. Shipping is extra for countries outside france but it takes 5 days average, I gave them call before order, never regret it amazing guys and most importantly I got genuine mighty, well packed and with all accessories, got bunch of extras for free like small case for tools I ordered with their logo and 10g of tasty damiana . Not trying to make promo for anyone, just sharing opinion from my own experience, hope it will helps someone
Stay up , have a great day !

one more thing does anybody use oilpad capsules for concentrate? or do you use the bigger oil pad included with the mighty? Which would according to your opinions protect the device from unwanted clogging ? Does anybody use dosing caps with pads with no issues?

verdampersweats

How much can you get it down too it is 280 Euro without the reduction how is this possible compared to S&B? Which by the way gave me a code for a second with -20 Euro so for me now S&B is 328 Euro and your link is 280 Euro?!

I do not understand how this is possible i always considered it highly immoral for someone to sell on thier own site direct from the makers but take a profit as a retailer also which they would not be if just selling from a factory? I am not sure where to buy or who to trust did you get the latest model? And i just checked Vaposhop 274 Euro with the -10% FC code. Thats not bad either.

Last edited:
verdampersweats,
How much can you get it down too it is 280 Euro without the reduction how is this possible compared to S&B? Which by the way gave me a code for a second with -20 Euro so for me now S&B is 328 Euro and your link is 280 Euro?!

I do not understand how this is possible i always considered it highly immoral for someone to sell on thier own site direct from the makers but take a profit as a retailer also which they would not be if just selling from a factory? I am not sure where to buy or who to trust did you get the latest model? And i just checked Vaposhop 274 Euro with the -10% FC code. Thats not bad either.
what do you imply by the consideration of highly immoral, you mean immoral because they sell it cheaper than the others? lol pay more when you want. If you havent noticed sb dont have the greatest prices. (but considering mine price I was in sceptical little bit too, but it turned out that they are trustworthy and great people, one of them is on the fc too) If you decide to go with them give them a call maybe, or mail them, that would maybe help, the mighty starts with MY and according to papers its at least from november 2016, is that the latest model?
reduction was 28 and I used points from purchase to get extras like caps +pads.
You know how I assured myself? simply by asking sb if they are their costumers, lady told me that they havent ordered that much (something like they are not their top costumer but they advised me to order straight from SB site, Im glad that I didnt.
I saw mighty for almost 500 on the australian site too, hope ausssies have oppportunity to get the mighty and other sb tools for cheaper.
I would be doing review of what I received very soon !
can pm you facture of mine. But do as your heart tells you !:)

Top Bottom