The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
oh man this freaked me out too on day #1 of my Mighty use. then i decided to just listen to how my brain/body was feeling and i realized i was getting high as fucking balls in half the time a bowl in the solo took.

ABV color varies, wildly and (to me) somewhat mysteriously, from vape to vape. The Mighty extracts almost completely (for me, anyway....popping the ABV into a high-temp desktop yields no additional vapor). Yet the ABV looks much lighter than other vapes, like the FF, which extract much less completely....the FF ABV is super dark, but there's usually several large hits left in it that can be extracted at higher temps. In any case you can't judge extraction from device-to-device based on ABV color, though it's useful as a guide from session to session in the same vape.

I've never come across a convincing explanation for this phenomenon. All part of vaping's rich pageant.....:lol:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
oh man this freaked me out too on day #1 of my Mighty use. then i decided to just listen to how my brain/body was feeling and i realized i was getting high as fucking balls in half the time a bowl in the solo took.
Yah I posted about that here when I first got my Mighty lol. Now I love the Mighty and it's my go to device. I have started including my others in the rotation though. Sometimes I want to sip slow and use my SOLO, hey that rhymed lol.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Okay, so just because people want to implement further harm reduction with vaping they are according to you picky and delusional? Does this go for those who use water tools as well? I hope i'm misconstruing your comment

You are. but that's fine. I meant that smoking is way more damaging than vaping. We are at the point where we (hope we) eliminated a great deal of tar and irritants from the smoking process. There are still innovations to be made, but compared to smoking, vaping is advanced enough to celebrate.

Who cares? I toss that shit, but some others may prefer to make concentrates, or edibles.
I am one of the others. Nice to meet you.

Now you are just being silly. Although holy fuck that would be awesome!

Am I? We were just talking about brown herbs being combusted to a degree and how it was undesirable, that's the next obvious innovation airborne, pullinated fresh state activated thc!

What's your point? I don't think his needs are unique at all. He cares about his health....so what's wrong with that?
Thanks for the concern biohacker. The point is he has specific medical issues that make them particularly sensitive to elements/chemicals released from thc once a certain temp is reached. All of us don't have that medical NEED...we all want to be healthier, but smoking weed or vaping at high temps is not beneficial to THEM, me on the other hand am not irritated by smoke or vapor at all, so instead of saying their needs are unimportant (which would be false) I said they have 'unique needs' because this is the FIRST time we've had this discussion (that I can rember.)

Or just purchase a convection vape for like 1/2 the price of a Mighty?

So you think retiring the mighty (as expensive as it is) in favor of spending more cash on another vape INSTEAD of turning down the vape they already own?
Your an expensive solution guy.

Don't throw the mighty out with the bath water.

wouldn't be the first time lol... but thanks for playing!

Seriously though if they are easily irritated by high temp cannabis consumption, but like the effects, edibles aren't a bad middle ground.

of course everything I post is just MY opinion *results will vary*

Last edited:

FOAMING MAD

How easy is it to exchange your mighty for a newer one? When it reaches 3 bars, the performance becomes noticeably worse and several of my ribs are cracked. Do you think they would exchange it?
Just email s/b to see what they say. That`s the best thing to do in my mine.
That's what I did got a new mighty in two weeks.

FOAMING MAD,
Reactions: biohacker

murf2010

Day 3. Last night the mighty was packed with some cherry pie. My god, I can't believe this thing. HUGE clouds, amazing efficiency, and finally, finally found a unit that gets me where I need to be. Last Nignt was too much though, I don't remember even going to bed, literally I went too far, on accident, and have never done that with a vape.

biohacker

You are. but that's fine. I meant that smoking is way more damaging than vaping. We are at the point where we (hope we) eliminated a great deal of tar and irritants from the smoking process. There are still innovations to be made, but compared to smoking, vaping is advanced enough to celebrate.

Definitely agree, but I thought that was already obvious on this forum.

Am I? We were just talking about brown herbs being combusted to a degree and how it was undesirable, that's the next obvious innovation airborne, pullinated fresh state activated thc!

Herbalizer free-style mode?

The point is he has specific medical issues that make them particularly sensitive to elements/chemicals released from thc once a certain temp is reached.

I honestly didn't know this. I thought he was just concerned with his health, and wanted to avoid vapour/smoke hybrids. I can empathize because i'm exactly the same way.

I said they have 'unique needs' because this is the FIRST time we've had this discussion (that I can rember.)

I think he's probably new to vaping and hasn't been around the block like so many of us here. I think it's better to help explain things then just to say you have unique needs that the rest of us don't.

So you think retiring the mighty (as expensive as it is) in favor of spending more cash on another vape INSTEAD of turning down the vape they already own?

Absolutely 100%. How else is he going to get the higher temp released cannabinoids? ABV edibles? That's a whole new game there. Quite different from puff and put down. Perhaps using a water tool would be a better suggestion to help filter, cool, and moisturize while still getting those high temp goodies?

Your an expensive solution guy.

You got me there. The Mighty is the most expensive portable i've ever owned (Herbie being most for desktop), and now I have a pricey VripTech setup to boot. But I like my glass purity, as an admitted flavour snob.

Seriously though if they are easily irritated by high temp cannabis consumption, but like the effects, edibles aren't a bad middle ground.

Maybe, depends if they are ABV only or not.....it could also land him in the ER if not careful (who hasn't greened right out? lol).

Anyways, nice chat bro! I'm sure he will gain lots out of our discussion! Cheers

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Definitely agree, but I THOUGHT that was already obvious on this forum.

my point exactly and when we graduate to the next level I'm sure there will be a fuck vaporizing site too

The usage was in the bracket of vaporizing not combusting.

I honestly didn't know this. I THOUGHT he was just concerned with his health,

I THINK he's probably new to vaping

I THINK it's better to help explain things then just to say you have unique needs that the rest of us don't.

better suggestion to help filter, cool, and moisturize while still getting those high temp goodies?
you sure spend alot of time on elaborate replies based off thought 'bro'. while it was enjoyable to converse, I think (get it) you were just playing devils advocate.
That's fine. But then you said you think I should be addressing his needs...
...that's what I WAS doing...if you READ
I have quiet high standards in terms of combustion because I want to avoid ingesting ANY possible cancerigen. I used to vape at very high T, almost max, but I have a rhinitis which makes me very sensible on combustion because it can irritate my throat pretty easily
I'm surprised you missed it, you were tagged in the same post...

But maybe that's because he said this to you...
@biohacker Thanx but I don't understand you point.
Understanding is key. He doesn't want the high temps your trying to sell him with a new vape...that's why I said to turn it down. :2c:

biohacker

Understanding is key. He doesn't want the high temps your trying to sell him with a new vape...that's why I said to turn it down

Dude, i'm not trying to sell him on anything, I am honestly just trying to help. I completely overlooked his rhinitis, i'm sorry. Perhaps he will chime in soon, but I just had to step in when I read all this misinformation about the Mighty combusting.

back to your regular Mighty programming.....

organic weed

I think he's probably new to vaping and hasn't been around the block like so many of us here. I think it's better to help explain things then just to say you have unique needs that the rest of us don't.

@biohacker if 3 years and 4 vaporisers means new to vaping then I'm new... I've been reading a lot and I do get irritated easily by high temp cannabis coz of chronic rhinitis caused by a genetic sensitivity of my mucosa that when it's at its peak causes very bad irritation and even tracheitis if I vape a lot and at high T... It's been a very steep learning curve, testing different vapes, several doctor visits, buying water tools and percolation bongs and engineering different types of "home made" solutions... ultimately all of this made me understand that I do need to vape below 175C/347 F and maybe have only the last 2/3 hits at 180/185 C/365F if I want to avoid irritation... so far so good, it looks like this is my sweet spot... Yes I'm probably (unfortunately) representing a minority but this minority still exists.

@WakeAndVape

I have to go combine edibles with vaping... I cannot vaporize more than two full bows per day maximum to avoid any risk of irritation, even at low T, coz if I get a rhinitis outrush that's not fun and I start sneezing and having mucus production from my chest and nose. What I usually do is to go for a stronger "home made" edible in the morning and then do some vape, then go for another edible and then finish the day with the last bowl and that keeps me baked pretty much the whole day without any side effects... in addition I have to take 5-days brakes at any first signs of my rhinitis coming back... and there's some other little tricks like drinking water+lemon juice after every vape session, doing acupunture, eating healthy, doing aerobic exercise, and stuff like that... it's been a long way to understand what to do but hopefully I've found my sweet spot...

if I went only with vaping at high T, then my rinhities would be much worse, probably permanent...

low T vaping actually improves a lot my rhinitis coz THC is an anti-inflammatory. Since I vape at low T, things have improved a lot. Higher T have combustion products that my mucosa feels somehow... as crazy as it sounds, but the few hits that I do at 180C I feel definitely a more "smokey" vapor coz now I'm used to vape at 165/170 C...

by combining edibles and low T vaping I have almost no irritation and I manage to use MMJ with no/minimal side effects.... I would consider a no-sense to take a medicine (MMJ) that instead of giving you reliefs it actually worsens some conditions...

Thank guys for the discussions... they've confirmed what I discovered also through a trial and error exercise...

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@biohacker if 3 years and 4 vaporisers means new to vaping then I'm new... I've been reading a lot and I do get irritated easily by high temp cannabis coz of chronic rhinitis caused by a genetic sensitivity of my mucosa that when it's at its peak causes very bad irritation and even tracheitis if I vape a lot and at high T... It's been a very steep learning curve, testing different vapes, several doctor visits, buying water tools and percolation bongs and engineering different types of "home made" solutions... ultimately all of this made me understand that I do need to vape below 175C/347 F and maybe have only the last 2/3 hits at 180/185 C/365F if I want to avoid irritation... so far so good, it looks like this is my sweet spot... Yes I'm probably (unfortunately) representing a minority but this minority still exists.

@WakeAndVape

I have to go combine edibles with vaping... I cannot vaporize more than two full bows per day maximum to avoid any risk of irritation, even at low T, coz if I get a rhinitis outrush that's not fun and I start sneezing and having mucus production from my chest and nose. What I usually do is to go for a stronger "home made" edible in the morning and then do some vape, then go for another edible and then finish the day with the last bowl and that keeps me baked pretty much the whole day without any side effects... in addition I have to take 5-days brakes at any first signs of my rhinitis coming back... and there's some other little tricks like drinking water+lemon juice after every vape session, doing acupunture, eating healthy, doing aerobic exercise, and stuff like that... it's been a long way to understand what to do but hopefully I've found my sweet spot...

if I went only with vaping at high T, then my rinhities would be much worse, probably permanent...

low T vaping actually improves a lot my rhinitis coz THC is an anti-inflammatory. Since I vape at low T, things have improved a lot. Higher T have combustion products that my mucosa feels somehow... as crazy as it sounds, but the few hits that I do at 180C I feel definitely a more "smokey" vapor coz now I'm used to vape at 165/170 C...

by combining edibles and low T vaping I have almost no irritation and I manage to use MMJ with no/minimal side effects.... I would consider a no-sense to take a medicine (MMJ) that instead of giving you reliefs it actually worsens some conditions...

Thank guys for the discussions... they've confirmed what I discovered also through a trial and error exercise...
That is an intense regimen indeed! Good thing the might is still good at 350! Have you tried hash oil or bubble hash? Those always seem to taste a bit smoother than bud in the higher temp land.

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: Vapetrees

Mangled Alaskan

And so you should. It sounds to me like you are experiencing a vapor/smoke hybrid as tempera

That's interesting....in Canada, the law specifically states that under the mmj program it MUST ONLY be done through mail order. Different system here....it just kills me how different the laws are...especially for you in the USA, with the state by state laws.

The bummer is I can no longer drive and other than a cab don't have many other options(Of course there are no retail shops until next May-April anyway!). At one point I came back from a Dr's visit to find a Safeway bag full of edibles and weed samples. HANGING ON MY FRONT DOORKNOB, Free, I was considered one of their medical clients.

So I really miss this:
http://www.acdcak420.com/

Click "More" to see their last offerings.

You can tell when "The Pigs" finally used SWAT to close their office.

Last edited:
Mangled Alaskan,
Reactions: grokit

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
For everyone breaking their smaller o-rings during cleaning...

How are you removing them?
•I've never broken one (knock on wood)
•I use the tip of the stirring tool to lift the o-ring out of the groves

Do you stretch them?
•I NEVER stretch mine just dunk in iso, rinse with water and dry on a paper towel
•if their super coated I will scrape a dab off with the stirring tool, but still won't stretch it.

How do you put the o-rings back on?
•I don't use my nails to pinch them
•I roll them back into place

I've been trying to figure out how some break easy, while others (such as myself) have had no issues...because let's face it

Getting small rubber bands for a luxury priced handheld ain't cheap!

WakeAndVape,

biohacker

@biohacker if 3 years and 4 vaporisers means new to vaping then I'm new... I've been reading a lot

Sorry, I honestly thought you were a newer member when I read your statements like this:

"The Mighty at max temperature will DEFINITELY combust probably through pyrolysis"

"the Mighty IS a full convection vape like the Plenty"

"All S&B tools are convection"

"How do you attach it to a water tool? Flexible plastic tube?"

Apologies, again.....the only reason I got into this convo was to stop your misinformation. I will say it again, the Mighty does not combust. Thanks for clarifying your medical issue, i'm sorry to hear that...honestly, if I had your condition I would put vaping behind me and stick with edibles. I hope you find what works for you.

You can tell when "The Pigs" finally used SWAT to close their office.

Geez, I hope you never "need" a "Pig"...

Stinky

For everyone breaking their smaller o-rings during cleaning...

How are you removing them?
•I've never broken one (knock on wood)
•I use the tip of the stirring tool to lift the o-ring out of the groves

Do you stretch them?
•I NEVER stretch mine just dunk in iso, rinse with water and dry on a paper towel
•if their super coated I will scrape a dab off with the stirring tool, but still won't stretch it.

How do you put the o-rings back on?
•I don't use my nails to pinch them
•I roll them back into place

I've been trying to figure out how some break easy, while others (such as myself) have had no issues...because let's face it

Getting small rubber bands for a luxury priced handheld ain't cheap!
I can't work out how people are breaking them either. I have 3 cooling units and all of the o-rings are fine.

Maybe there are two batches of o-rings?

biohacker

how do you guys end up damaging yours?

By taking it off before soaking it first. Because it's so sticky, it can stick to the CU and cause micro tears, which then get worse and eventually break. By soaking it with the CU first, I think it would come off much easier, and then shouldn't cause any issues. It is small, thin, and somewhat delicate in my experience, especially in comparison to the others.

Well I have two Mighty's and I did buy the wear& tear kit, and i'm down to my last single o-ring which is in bad shape. I guess I should have mentioned I lost 2-3 of them down the drain! :doh: Just another reason I need a good stock of these.

They will still work well even with the cuts, but eventually depending on how careful you are they will end up tearing completely.

I've been trying to figure out how some break easy, while others (such as myself) have had no issues

I think it's more of a "they're tiny and easy to lose" for me, but yeah it was me asking, and only one other member, so we must be UNIQUE!

biohacker,

BioSector

I think most of my issues with the small o-ring is the pain it is getting it to stay down low on the peg so that the locking mechanism won't pinch it. Once I started rolling it way further it hasn't been as big of an issue.

With last nights cleanings, I only removed the large o-ring, left the little ones on. All 7 CU's are fine and sealed up great after (3 for Mighty, 4 for Crafty).

biohacker

I think that could be another problem, I have never been able to roll it down. I can never get it to stay down, so I just leave it sitting high. How does it stay down?

It's definitely down when I go clean it though, it stays there because of the oil/resin.

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
I think that could be another problem, I have never been able to roll it down. I can never get it to stay down, so I just leave it sitting high. How does it stay down?

It's definitely down when I go clean it though, it stays there because of the oil/resin.

If you sit the o-ring on top of the chamber, literally placed on top so it's not gripping anything.
Then kind of roll it down so it only grips as you start to roll it, after one revolution it should sit real tight and evenly.

It is tricky though.

Last edited:

BioSector

Thanks! Never new it was even possible, I saw it in the pics, but never able to replicate. I'll give it a shot now with my last o-ring!

It seemed impossible for me too. I always thought it was in the proper place when *just* on and that the closing of the CU must push it in to place since I could never get it to stay. Of course when you do that the teeth from the locking slider actually pierce and cut the oring.

Good luck!

biohacker

And presto - you just solved my tiny o-ring issues! Every single time I installed it I did it like you used to do it. I thought that was the only way to get it down. I still have a hard time believing it can stay down there on it's own when clean, but obviously it can which is awesome. THANKS! :rockon:

Top Bottom