chewyrails

Hey all,
I want to re-state my admiration for Magic-Flight, the company, and for the LB itself. Just superb. I've had mine for 3 months or so. When I first opened the parcel after it arrived in the mail, I noticed that the screen was just about to separate from the LB - it was untucked. I read a post by M-F in this thread about using a toothpick to push it back into place. I tried that, and it worked well. But after 3 months of use, it started happening again, and even when I'd tuck it in, it would slowly start to slide out. It got to the point where the trench was at an improper angle, which affected the LB's efficiency. Blissville sent me a replacement very quickly after I let them know about it, and the new one is just great. I ordered one for my brother and his girlfriend to come along with my replacement. I gave them their gift, and they love it - and now the gf's mother is going to buy one.

I, too, use the inhale-through-nose method. I arrived at it when I started sliding the stem back far into my mouth (right to the back of my tongue), with my lips tight around it and my lips actually touching the LB itself right around the draw-hole. I started doing it to avoid the taste of herb when it is getting harsher, and I found that it's a great method. It's more lik I'm just breathing in normally than like I'm actively trying to inhale anything (though I are slightly actively trying to inhale the vapor).

I want to echo a post that somebody made earlier in this thread (sorry, don't remember the username) when he said that President's Choice rechargeable batteries sold in Canada are Sanyo Eneloops that work perfectly in the LB. I bought a 4-pack for $12.99, peeled them, and am going to buy more now, to get'em while I can, in case they change the type of battery they use under the label sometime in the future.

Thanks all for the info in this thread, and thanks M-F for such an incredible prodcut and such outstanding customer service. It's so rare to find such an admirable business. If my LB, Xenu forbid, got lost or stolen I would order another one immediately.

chewyrails,

nickzzzx

flurbo said:
http://www.horizonfuelcell.com/store/hydrostik.htm

Those are Hydrogen fuel cells that are apparently much stronger than regular AA's.
I was wondering if anyone knows anything about them and if they would be compatible with the box?
I found this on the FAQ:
"1 Hydrostick = 6 Duracell AA batteries, on average.
At 1W power output, 1 Hydrostick = 10 AA batteries (1 AA battery runs 1 hour at 1W)
100 charge cycles/canister at this stage, however can reach 500 cycles, even up to 1000 cycles.
6*100= 600 batteries. 6*500=3000 AA batteries."

" Each HydroSTIK can store 15Wh of energy"

They can be recharged over 100 times and it uses just water and electricity
http://www.horizonfuelcell.com/store/hydrofill.htm

I wonder if they can be peeled or if they would even work with the MF..

Nevermind, the hydrostiks are slightly bigger than regular NiMH batteries...they wouldn't fit.

nickzzzx,

chewyrails

nickzzzx said:
flurbo said:
http://www.horizonfuelcell.com/store/hydrostik.htm

Those are Hydrogen fuel cells that are apparently much stronger than regular AA's.
I was wondering if anyone knows anything about them and if they would be compatible with the box?
I found this on the FAQ:
"1 Hydrostick = 6 Duracell AA batteries, on average.
At 1W power output, 1 Hydrostick = 10 AA batteries (1 AA battery runs 1 hour at 1W)
100 charge cycles/canister at this stage, however can reach 500 cycles, even up to 1000 cycles.
6*100= 600 batteries. 6*500=3000 AA batteries."

" Each HydroSTIK can store 15Wh of energy"

They can be recharged over 100 times and it uses just water and electricity
http://www.horizonfuelcell.com/store/hydrofill.htm

I wonder if they can be peeled or if they would even work with the MF..

Nevermind, the Hydrostiks are slightly bigger than regular NiMH batteries...they wouldn't fit.
My understanding, based on the description the page you linked to and the description of the MiniPak (http://www.horizonfuelcell.com/store/minipak.htm) is that the hydrostick battery has to be placed in the MiniPak, which outputs the energy through a USB plug. So, until the LB itself has a USB port, we can't use Hydrofills as a power source. It sounds like it'd be a pretty fantastic combination if it could actually happen.

chewyrails,

Pappy

shmaporist
Received my MFLB from Vapeworld today. What a cute vape! Think I'm going to keep it virginal for travel since I also have DBV and EQV.

Pappy,

Budz Bunny

Pappy said:
Received my MFLB from Vapeworld today. What a cute vape! Think I'm going to keep it virginal for travel since I also have DBV and EQV.
My god you have a lot more willpower than me. I can barely get in my front door when I get a new vape before I fire it up.

Budz Bunny,

5446ThatsMyNumber

Pappy said:
Pappy, indulge yourself man! At least get the small learning curve down so when you do travel, you'll be prepared :brow:

5446ThatsMyNumber,

Pappy

shmaporist
5446ThatsMyNumber said:
Pappy said:
Pappy, indulge yourself man! At least get the small learning curve down so when you do travel, you'll be prepared :brow:
Such fruitful advice, guess I'll have to take it. :)

Pappy,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Some real arm twisting going on right now :)

I'll be stalking the mail lady again in a couple days. She's gonna think I have a thing for her.

JDSupreme,

flurbo

Just got my box in the mail today about an hour ago and so far I can't believe how convenient it is!
From the mailman handing me the package to me vaping took no longer than 2 minutes tops. Since then, I've hit it on the way to the store, In the bathroom, in the backyard, right in this chair while typing this up, and just about everywhere I can think of! Most of which, I would never even consider lighting up a bowl or a jay for fear of being noticed. The box is an enabler, my smoking grounds are now massively improved from secluded sketchy areas too just about anywhere! I love this thing more than any other pipe I've owned, best hundred dollars I've ever pent.

flurbo,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
After much reading (i actually finished the whole thread!) and much debate, I finally bought one. I am so glad I did. My husband and I are 1000% satisfied with this tiny little vape! I am also fascinated with it's operation - charts and graphs - ooooohhh pretty.

I cannot wait to share this little guy with friends!

I passed this thing by quite a few times thinking i don't want to fuck with batteries, but trust me it's not a big deal.

Just get it, you will love it!

herbgirl,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Same here! I've turned on friends & my older sister to this one. She purchased one for herself as soon as she got home (never vaped before & fell in love..) friends have had similar reactions, it's ingenious.

Thomas Dist. has the batteries & chargers... I actually like the Powerex 2700 Ma batts for continual use- one batt will last me 2-3 days. The Eneloops & Imedions are great for long-term storage as they are low-self discharge, they are ready when you are vs the Powerex hi-capacity/hi-discharge are perfect party-batts.. last though a whole night.

indigal,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
does anyone else have the super-fast 4 battery charger with the blue LCD? i had a question about it. whenever my batteries are done charging and the LCD says full, my batteries are always pretty damn hot. i read somewhere that this was bad for them? shouldn't the charger cut off the current once the batts are fully charged?

TwztedVaper,

flouris

I'm considering buying one of these but my question is how long does the battery last with this? Or rather, how many hits would you say you get on a single battery?

Thanks

flouris,

stuey

flouris said:
I'm considering buying one of these but my question is how long does the battery last with this? Or rather, how many hits would you say you get on a single battery?

Thanks
It all depends how long a hit it.

6-12 hits?

Basically 1 battery is more than enough for 1 trench (bowl).

stuey,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
TwztedElegance said:
does anyone else have the super-fast 4 battery charger with the blue LCD? i had a question about it. whenever my batteries are done charging and the LCD says full, my batteries are always pretty damn hot. i read somewhere that this was bad for them? shouldn't the charger cut off the current once the batts are fully charged?
Is this the charger you got with the mflb?

If your using one of those 15 minute chargers than that decreases the batteries life over the long run.

How is the MFLB working out with hashish?Is it blocking the screen at all after each use? Is it vaporizing the hash well, do you need to crush up the hash finely after a few hits to expose more surface area?
Please give a detailed reply ... thanks

audiodelic,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
flouris said:

Thanks
flouris, the batteries can last several trenches. And as indigal said earlier, I've had them last a couple of days too. As the batteries age, they will keep their charge for less time, but I've had my LB several months now and my batteries are still rocking. I don't use it daily, but often. I have 8 batteries (slow discharge) and rotate between them. I have never had a situation where I've needed more than 2 for a session. Of course, I am basically using it by myself, so if there are additional people maybe they would run.

One note about the batteries being hot after charging in the 15 min. charger.... earlier in this thread is an explanation about the need to let the batteries cool down before removing them from the charger. Let the fan do it's work.

momofthegoons,

max

Out to lunch
flouris said:
Ah. I had no idea the battery lost its juice so quickly :mad:
A few seconds to reach vaping temp- maybe 10 sec. for a hit- about 15-20 hits per bat. How many hits do you need to get one or more people high? What other vape on the market can even operate on a single AA rechargeable battery?

Other models that can use NiMH bats require a 10 pack of cells to maintain vaping temp. Your expectations are unrealistic.

momofthegoons said:
One note about the batteries being hot after charging in the 15 min. charger....
Another note- hot bats at the end of a charge means they're being overcharged, or they're defective. They should be warm at the most.

max,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Vicki,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
i'm using a 2hour charger that came with the MFLB and sometimes 1 of my batts is hot when i take them out. its the 4 battery charger with a blue LCD

i tried a little bit of hash that i got. it was pretty sticky stuff so i broke it down as much as possible and spread it around the trench..let the battery sit for a couple of seconds and took a hit and when i was done i made sure to shake the box immediately so nothing would stick. took a couple hits like that and i was pretty baked. the hash was easy to clean out with the brush

TwztedVaper,

heartvapor

Well there's great news this morning for anyone who owns a MFLB and is considering buying either more batteries or a better charger:

Apple just released a bunch of new products this morning, one of which is a battery charger that comes with six (yes, six!) low self discharge NiMH batteries. The only thing they didn't explain on the product page is the capacity of the batteries, although I assume they're probably 2000 or 2100 mAh. But I'm going to try and find out before I buy it.

A good charger and six good batteries for $30 is a great deal. But the charger won't do any of the fancy things that expensive chargers do, if you really want that.

http://www.apple.com/battery-charger/

In case you're wondering, the reason they made a charger is for their wireless keyboards and the new wireless touchpad for the (new, again) iMac's. So they say that the six batteries are "two for your keyboard, two for your mouse or trackpad, and two for charging".

Considering it's Apple, it's probably a really good charger and they're probably really good batteries as well.
Hopefully the MFLB doesn't have a "death grip"! :p

heartvapor,
Top Bottom