axilleus

Believe is Life!
I always thought the opposite ... short stem = more irritation ... I was wrong! I will try to use my box in native mode. Thanks guys! :)

axilleus,

hellomyfrients

I always thought the opposite ... short stem = more irritation ... I was wrong! I will try to use my box in native mode. Thanks guys! :)
I think it's less irritating in native mode because it's easier to get instant feedback on the effect of your draw on the temperature of the vapor. Vary your draw in native mode until you get one that easily gives you the desired temperature... practice makes perfect!

hellomyfrients,
Reactions: OpalinDays

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I think it's less irritating in native mode because it's easier to get instant feedback on the effect of your draw on the temperature of the vapor. Vary your draw in native mode until you get one that easily gives you the desired temperature... practice makes perfect!
The vapor path isn't so direct either. It's not as angled or pointed.

And, by the way.... I had a package in the mail when I checked :) Celebratory/experiment bowl time!!

Edit: weakest setting barely powers the light, highest setting = cashed trench in 3 milky water pipe rips. I don't know why I didn't get this sooner. Now where's the damn concentrate adapter? That'll seriously be my perfect combo. Vape some meds down nice, and then turn it into some QWISO or something, drop a bit on the adapter, and liftoff once again!

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
Hey all-
big hits rock, but if you really want to really taste what your strain has to offer-

- take a fully charged battery and let the first 15 secs. "burn off" with nothing in the trench. Or, use a battery that's had that much use. The point here is to get far enough down the discharge curve so that you're in the box's designed operating range. Big clouders love those first 15 secs. :)
- load your trench as you normally would with a fresh, ground load
- press your battery in and begin inhaling immediately (no warm-up wait), and non-stop- (i.e., continuously). You may have to experiment with different pull speeds with this new approach, to get it right.
- somewhere between 2/3s and 3/4s of your total pull, remove the battery and finish the pull (continuing to pull cools the screen)

On exhale you should get nothing but sweet tasting herbal essence- moisture, terpenes, etc., and not a whole lot to visibly see. If you continue to use your MFLB this way you'll char less weed, and the box will remain sorta pristine. Finishing your pull with a good period of time without the battery will help reduce charred weed, no matter which way you end up using the box.

The cool thing about doing this approach first, with a fresh load, is that the next pull will have all the high-temp-fighting moisture out of the way in your herb, to be at the mercy off the cloud-making approaches (e.g., now use a freshly charged battery for the second pull, save up a bunch of "first-hit/no-moisture" weed to be used later, etc.).

give it a whirl

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Yup! I knocked my PA down to ~30% power and I can get a dozen really good tasting hits... and then it starts to fade away, then 60% for a bit and then 80%. The taste is sooo good when you have some prime specimens.

(Disclosure at the bottom) Anyways, I put together a quick comparison album of the vape and the power adapter for anyone that's casually browsing right now wondering about size (and not wanting to check back in the last couple hundred pages :ko: ): http://imgur.com/a/eACWc I can't see the first picture, for some reason it comes up corrupted to me. If it does the same with you, here is another seemingly fine upload of the first one: http://i.imgur.com/ppb4g.jpg

I did not show the other half, the actual part that goes into the wall. Imagine a 5 foot cord that looks like an old cell phone charger, with the little brick on one end. Yup. Has a small green light that indicates power.

The box was, as requested, as plain as reasonably possible. Just a simple priority mail box with "Shipping Center / MGFT / PO BOX etc" or something along those lines. Out of curiosity I google'd the PO Box number, and the only things showing up have no relation to MF, and they're actually not even in the same state hahaha.

Also included was a simple instruction guide, a little ad with some key points of the box as well as some links to what I assume is this thread and the vaporpedia article.

The power adapter has, in essence, once again justified my random purchase of a Launch Box. My batteries will pretty much be collecting dust now since I have this, unless I'm unable to get private access to a wall, in which case I'll fall back on my batteries. The adjustable temperature is a godsend. I can drop it to 25-30% power and get flavorful rips, and then crank it up a fair bit and get the heavy stone I'm after, or I'll keep it around 40-50% if it's a good sativa. The size of this thing is another plus. It's not bulky at all, and they also sent me a small felt bag to put the PA in. Same material as the one that came in the tin, just in a bigger size. I could actually fit all of my gear in there (minus the water pipe) if I wanted to take this somewhere else. I also opted to receive the little booklet thing for free, I've read a few of the pages and it seems like an interesting concept. I might read a few pages a day and reflect on them just to stretch it out :D Also, my receipt that was in the box had a little heart next to the booklet listing, and a personally signed "thank you" from a mysterious "E." Thanks!

Disclosure: When I first started browsing this forum, I was very glad to see three things: 1) most of the manufacturers of these vaporizers had accounts here and were willing to answer questions, 2) people who saw any problems with their products weren't hesitant to state them, and 3) they weren't shy about letting people know that the vaporizer they were reviewing/talking about was a gift/heavily discounted/etc. The transparency of both the people making them and the people using them was really helpful for me when I was lurking here. If someone was giving a good review, it was because they liked it, and (hopefully) not because it was an incentive for a new free shiny vape :drool: Definitely helped me make my decision, so in the spirit of helping newbies like I was helped:

I have not, in any way, shape, or form, been approached by Magic Flight to do some sort of "undercover good review" or any shilling or any of that shit. I have Marfan Syndrome and I'm in a good deal of pain, the steroids they give me to take make me have horrible mood swings, the opiates they give me make me want to puke, and the migraine medicine plus my particular opiate could kill me in the wrong doses. I'm sick of this doctor/insurance BS where the doctor is afraid to actually treat me for the pain I have but can't exactly show, because one "wrong" move by him and the FDA will be investigating him. Oh yeah, and I'm just barely turning 21, so I'm sure that hasn't helped my case at all. Anyways, take it for what it is. A mini review with pretty pictures because that's what I like doing.

poonman

So, why didn't you just hit me up and say something? I'll try and get some attention, but calling them "worst customer service ever" wouldn't light a fire under my ass, ya know?

EDIT: Hope they can get to you soon. I've let 'em know.

Thanx BDV ,
I had a change of heart , I didn't want to enlist others to fight my own battles .
I thought it would just resolve itself , like with most companies I've dealt with . ( no enlisting needed )
But thank you again .
Yes , I did " try " to light a fire , but I think my match got distinguished :)

Update :
1 reply went to my spam on 06/27/12 . ( 2 days after )
Why did that happen ? When their generic auto reply got thru ?
Their reply was another generic answer , stating the reasons why I may be having problems .
ie ; stock batteries , broken trench etc...
The same info that was on the warranty claim when I was filling it out .
They gave me links/vids to learn how to use and FC forum .

But an apology is warranted on my part ;
I apologize for not checking my " Spam " .

Now what ?
I still don't have a working mflb .
And they left it as " we look forward to connecting with you and addressing your issues " on
the spam . I've sent 2 subsequent e-mails to them since with no spam replies .
Only my last e-mail contained the words " WORST .... ".....oh yeah , I forgot ...imo

I will try to make contact again with MF .

Question ;
Now it just lightly browns the herbs and giving off " no vapors at all " .
The new batteries gets hot if held in , but only lightly browns the herbs , no vapors .
Is that covered by their life-time warranty ???
If not ,
The End .
I'll move on .

TYiA

poonman,

stuey

Thanx BDV ,
I had a change of heart , I didn't want to enlist others to fight my own battles .
I thought it would just resolve itself , like with most companies I've dealt with . ( no enlisting needed )
But thank you again .
Yes , I did " try " to light a fire , but I think my match got distinguished :)

Update :
1 reply went to my spam on 06/27/12 . ( 2 days after )
Why did that happen ? When their generic auto reply got thru ?
Their reply was another generic answer , stating the reasons why I may be having problems .
ie ; stock batteries , broken trench etc...
The same info that was on the warranty claim when I was filling it out .
They gave me links/vids to learn how to use and FC forum .

But an apology is warranted on my part ;
I apologize for not checking my " Spam " .

Now what ?
I still don't have a working mflb .
And they left it as " we look forward to connecting with you and addressing your issues " on
the spam . I've sent 2 subsequent e-mails to them since with no spam replies .
Only my last e-mail contained the words " WORST .... ".....oh yeah , I forgot ...imo

I will try to make contact again with MF .

Question ;
The new batteries gets hot if held in , but only lightly browns the herbs , no vapors .
If not ,
The End .
I'll move on .

TYiA

Are you sure the problem is not the batteries and have you done an ISO clean?

Batteries need to be refreshed on a smart charger every few months otherwise they dont hold much charge.

The unit needs an ISO clean every couple of months otherwise the resin builds up on the trench and further reduces the vapor produced.

If you dont have a smart charger just get a new pack of batteries.. if those work fine then its the bateries and you may want to invest in a smart charger.

If you have never cleaned the unit.. it probably needs cleaning.

The charger seems to be working .
Red lights when charging . Turns blue when finished .
I also used the same charger to charge the old batts.
The old batts didn't even produce vapors or get hot in my hands .
So , I don't think it's the charger .

Unless you use a different charger you cant rule out the charger being faulty.

From the way that reads the battereies that have been used the most on this charger perform the worst, so Im not sure how you can conclude that the charger is OK, not from what you have written.

stuey,

OF

Question ;

First off, glad the 'not responding' part is sorted out. While I'm not MF (of course....), I'd like to take a lash at the above part.

It's obviously working to some level or stuff wouldn't brown. I'm sensing two possible issues, both to do with herb. First, it may not be dry enough. Until all the water is gone, it's not going to get hot enough to vape. Period. If it's not dry going in, that's where your battery energy goes (not to making vapor). Once the it does 'get there' if there's no vapor coming off, there has to be no THC there to vape. Heat THC to 400 degrees or so and it evaporates no matter what. So that part can't be happening. I smell too coarse a grind. It has to be fine to make good physical contact with the screen. Close doesn't count. Fresh material has to touch the trench or it's no show.

How dry is your herb, how potent and how fine is it ground?

TIA

OF

OF,

stuey

Being as poonman has had the MF working in the past etc, if I had to put all of my eggs in one basket, Id say he has never cleaned it.

I smell too coarse a grind. It has to be fine to make goodphysical contact with the screen. Close doesn't count. Fresh material has to touch the trench or it's no show.
Yeah that's also very true. A grind should look slightly courser than table salt.

poonman

Hey thanx for responding stuey and OF ,

But the batteries get hot in my hands if held in ?

Very fine grind ,
3 steps ;
3 piece oem grinder
then the Volcano orange plastic grinder
then my thumb and finger .

Yes , dry and very potent buds .
35 years of MJ , I can not settle for anything less .
I get it thru Med/dispensary( I'm licensed ) and my " local " guy .
But I'm positive it does work with semi-moist grind too , in the past ... also the sweetest . imo

I've stated before ,
When you're into vaping , you better have lots of iso around .
Regular schedule cleaning regiment is needed , agreed .
And I've done so .

I have " man-upped " on my idiotic errors of combusting more than once on the mflb .
I hope that does not ruin my warranty ?

I just want some communication/answers between me and mflb .
Besides their generic auto reply , that took 2 seconds to get back to me .

Is that too much to ask ?

Thank you again people for helping :)

poonman,

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
But the batteries get hot in my hands if held in ?
Very fine grind ,
3 steps ;
3 piece oem grinder
then the Volcano orange plastic grinder
then my thumb and finger .
Yes , dry and very potent buds .
35 years of MJ , I can not settle for anything less .
I get it thru Med/dispensary( I'm licensed ) and my " local " guy .
But I'm positive it does work with semi-moist grind too , in the past ... also the sweetest . imo
I've stated before ,
When you're into vaping , you better have lots of iso around .
Regular schedule cleaning regiment is needed , agreed .
And I've done so .
I have " man-upped " on my idiotic errors of combusting more than once on the mflb .
I hope that does not ruin my warranty ?
Hey P-
Here are a couple of MFLB cleaning vids-
Using iso...
Without iso...

hope it helps

Nick Brand,
Reactions: poonman

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Re poonman's problems: I have a lot of trouble believing this is a cleaning issue. The design of the LB keeps the need for cleaning to a minimum. See The Launch Box is a conduction vaporizer, how can it be efficient? and Won't a screen this fine get clogged? For the buildup to affect performance significantly, he'd have to neglect it far past the point where the need for cleaning would be obvious, and he's said he cleans his. (For the record, I rarely clean mine and I only do it for aesthetic reasons, never because performance has dropped.) When this originally came up a couple of weeks ago OF implicated the charger. If poonman hasn't tried a different charger, I don't know what to say.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
The design of the LB keeps the need for cleaning to a minimum. (For the record, I rarely clean mine and I only do it for aesthetic reasons, never because performance has dropped.)

I wasn't going to say anything, but I have to agree. I have never used ISO on any of the three LB's I own, and never had a need to do so. I just use the PA to burn off debris, and then use the provided brush. That method has always worked for me, and my units performance has never diminished.

Vicki,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I can't do much on holidays and weekends, man.

Last I spoke with them, I was told someone would contact you. Check those emails again. They always include that cut and paste on their responses. Also it typically tells you, the next steps to take. If you followed their directions, then elevate it to the next level. One of those emails should have exact instructions of what to send.

I'll try again tomorrow.

BigDaddyVapor,

OF

I wasn't going to say anything, but I have to agree. I have never used ISO on any of the three LB's I own, and never had a need to do so. I just use the PA to burn off debris, and then use the provided brush. That method has always worked for me, and my units performance has never diminished.

Yes, true enough for me as well, but notice the "But I'm positive it does work with semi-moist grind too , in the past ... also the sweetest . imo"? To me that says it could in fact be slowly fouling over time? Hard to tell from here, you know.....

You're welcome, of course.

I'm glad you found that they have, in fact, not ignored you all along but decided to hide stuff in your spam folder......very clever.

Asking for help is, of course, quite normal (you knew that, right?). I'm confident they'll give you the same very high level of support, I see no reason to think otherwise?

Besides which, you got Big Daddy hisself on the case. Time to start icing up the cold ones.....

OF

OF,

poonman

I can't do much on holidays and weekends, man.

Last I spoke with them, I was told someone would contact you. Check those emails again. They always include that cut and paste on their responses. Also it typically tells you, the next steps to take. If you followed their directions, then elevate it to the next level. One of those emails should have exact instructions of what to send.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Thank you BDV ,
I've also re-sent another e-mail . I will check my spam .

Re ; charger
I was hoping to stave off from sinking any more $ on a unit that I might not ever be using again .
But if they would have communicated with me , and told me , my replacement was on it's way .
I'd gladly run out to get the powerex 2700 along with a new charger , for better portability usage .
That and to purchase their PA also, to save on a second shipping cost .

Any communication would have been nice , that's all .
Not counting the 1 reply in my spam box .

Maybe you people are correct ,
My complaint/issue is wrong ,
because the batteries get hot , LB is warm to hold , trench screen is hot to touch .
It just doesn't produces the thick vapors it once did .
where the plexiglass gets fogged up , that is not my imagination .
You know what I'm talking about ?

Is that cover by the life-time warranty ?
In general ,
From your experience ,
I know you guys don't work for mflb . ( but some should get commissions )

TYiA

poonman,
I'd filled out the warranty form . ( How come , we are not allowed to click on more than 1 problem )
Sent it this past Monday 06/25/12 8:45 p.m. (East-caost )
I have yet to hear " ANYTHING " from them .

I kinda feel I'm being " IGNORED " !

I sent them an email a few months ago explaining how I accidentally combusted in my LB while using the power adapter in my car. It took a few days but one of the consultants responded and directed me to some helpful cleaning videos and told me to email him back if I still needed help. Don't get too stressed out man, they're great people and will get you taken care of for sure.

EDIT: sorry, didn't know that post was a few pages back.

nugghuffer,

poonman

Just got in and checked my e-mails .
I've received a reply from Ken at 9:15 est .
Thank you Ken , and of course BDV .

Ken provided me the 7 steps/info needed for a replacement if needed .
He's suggesting it's a battery overheating problem . And I'm pretty sure he's implying that I
go that route first , he gave me a link for batteries . I will do so , Powerex 2700's with new charger
at Canada Computers asap . I'll keep you posted .

Well , I got a reply , and on a Sunday night to boot .
That's what I call " Good Customer Service " .:)

binder113

MLFB clip for herb loss prevention (merged)

Hello

The MFLB is a great portable vape. Sometimes when voyaging with the vape in your pocket, the herb will make its way through the air channel and into your pocket, resulting in a loss of valuable herb. To prevent this, i came up with a plastic clip that "clips" nicely into the air channel opening. I have not found anyone else that has done something like this but would still like to a apologize if a tread on this topic already exists

some pictures-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/82250114@N02/7537074348/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/82250114@N02/7537074974/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/82250114@N02/7537075480/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/82250114@N02/7537076044/in/photostream/

Happy vaping

(P.S, i don't know how to add images, sorry for my stupidity)

binder113,

SVuser

...(P.S, i don't know how to add images, sorry for my stupidity)

Hi, there is a share button on the image on flickr. You can find either a bb code or a html one, (I think the bb one is what you want, if it doesn't work then it's the other one) Copy the code and edit your post to include it.

SVuser,

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
Yup! I knocked my PA down to ~30% power and I can get a dozen really good tasting hits... and then it starts to fade away, then 60% for a bit and then 80%. The taste is sooo good when you have some prime specimens.

(Disclosure at the bottom) Anyways, I put together a quick comparison album of the vape and the power adapter for anyone that's casually browsing right now wondering about size (and not wanting to check back in the last couple hundred pages :ko: ): http://imgur.com/a/eACWc I can't see the first picture, for some reason it comes up corrupted to me. If it does the same with you, here is another seemingly fine upload of the first one: http://i.imgur.com/ppb4g.jpg

I did not show the other half, the actual part that goes into the wall. Imagine a 5 foot cord that looks like an old cell phone charger, with the little brick on one end. Yup. Has a small green light that indicates power.

The box was, as requested, as plain as reasonably possible. Just a simple priority mail box with "Shipping Center / MGFT / PO BOX etc" or something along those lines. Out of curiosity I google'd the PO Box number, and the only things showing up have no relation to MF, and they're actually not even in the same state hahaha.

Also included was a simple instruction guide, a little ad with some key points of the box as well as some links to what I assume is this thread and the vaporpedia article.

The power adapter has, in essence, once again justified my random purchase of a Launch Box. My batteries will pretty much be collecting dust now since I have this, unless I'm unable to get private access to a wall, in which case I'll fall back on my batteries. The adjustable temperature is a godsend. I can drop it to 25-30% power and get flavorful rips, and then crank it up a fair bit and get the heavy stone I'm after, or I'll keep it around 40-50% if it's a good sativa. The size of this thing is another plus. It's not bulky at all, and they also sent me a small felt bag to put the PA in. Same material as the one that came in the tin, just in a bigger size. I could actually fit all of my gear in there (minus the water pipe) if I wanted to take this somewhere else. I also opted to receive the little booklet thing for free, I've read a few of the pages and it seems like an interesting concept. I might read a few pages a day and reflect on them just to stretch it out :D Also, my receipt that was in the box had a little heart next to the booklet listing, and a personally signed "thank you" from a mysterious "E." Thanks!

Disclosure: When I first started browsing this forum, I was very glad to see three things: 1) most of the manufacturers of these vaporizers had accounts here and were willing to answer questions, 2) people who saw any problems with their products weren't hesitant to state them, and 3) they weren't shy about letting people know that the vaporizer they were reviewing/talking about was a gift/heavily discounted/etc. The transparency of both the people making them and the people using them was really helpful for me when I was lurking here. If someone was giving a good review, it was because they liked it, and (hopefully) not because it was an incentive for a new free shiny vape :drool: Definitely helped me make my decision, so in the spirit of helping newbies like I was helped:

I have not, in any way, shape, or form, been approached by Magic Flight to do some sort of "undercover good review" or any shilling or any of that shit. I have Marfan Syndrome and I'm in a good deal of pain, the steroids they give me to take make me have horrible mood swings, the opiates they give me make me want to puke, and the migraine medicine plus my particular opiate could kill me in the wrong doses. I'm sick of this doctor/insurance BS where the doctor is afraid to actually treat me for the pain I have but can't exactly show, because one "wrong" move by him and the FDA will be investigating him. Oh yeah, and I'm just barely turning 21, so I'm sure that hasn't helped my case at all. Anyways, take it for what it is. A mini review with pretty pictures because that's what I like doing.
Thanks for your use suggestions for the PA. Just rx'd an email that mine's been sent.
I ordered a 4-pack of the 2400 powermaxs, same as shipped with mflb, thru amazon. Glad that I only stripped the plastic wrapper off of two because with the PA I won't depend on 'em as much. I'll use the other two still-wrapped batts to rock my electrical toothbrush. :)

Nick Brand,
Top Bottom