vorrange

Vapor.wise
Not many options on the batteries, i have Sanyo Eneloop XX 2500mah which are low self discharge like the ones Magic Flight has in the original box, the Powerex 2400mah.

The Powerex 2700mah are High self discharge.

The difference between LSD and HSD is the fact that the LSD maintains its charge for longer periods but should not be charged in fast chargers, instead should charge in no less than 4 hours.
I am not sure, but i believe the LSD maintain the nominal capacity for a longer time and so you won't have to buy new batteries as often.

So, if you go through a lot of batteries in one day, get HSD. If not, get LSD. Or better yet, get both.

vorrange,

skippy

The difference between LSD and HSD is the fact that the LSD maintains its charge for longer periods but should not be charged in fast chargers, instead should charge in no less than 4 hours.
See, I don't follow this. I only use the batteries supplied by MFLB which you say are LSD,I use the battery charger supplied by MFLB, yet they have NEVER taken anywhere near four hours to charge.

skippy,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Can't help you there since i don't have either of the two. I am just repeating what i read in this thread from Magic Flight themselves. Again, that could mean you have faulty batteries.

Somewhere in the thread you are sure to find how long it should take though.

vorrange,

skippy

Can't help you there since i don't have either of the two. I am just repeating what i read in this thread from Magic Flight themselves. Again, that could mean you have faulty batteries.

Somewhere in the thread you are sure to find how long it should take though.
I have 4 batteries and they are all distributed by MFLB . they have NEVER taken 4 hours to charge,any of them,ever. I know what you're saying, I've read it here too, but it is not my finding that this is true. My box is only six months old, maybe the charger they supply now is a faster one.

skippy,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I honestly don't know, it was the info i read and it made sense from what i already knew about batteries and charging times. Perhaps it is less than four hours then.

vorrange,

gadabout

Just got the 2700s in the mail. Just stripped them..was pretty easy. Now im gonna charge 2 on the mflb black charger. When done I will come back all lit and let ya know how they work. Im excited tho!

gadabout,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I have 4 batteries and they are all distributed by MFLB . they have NEVER taken 4 hours to charge,any of them,ever. I know what you're saying, I've read it here too, but it is not my finding that this is true. My box is only six months old, maybe the charger they supply now is a faster one.

There are several different chargers that Magic-Flight has shipped at different times. I haven't kept close track but I think that some of them are faster than others. The times you see around are always worst case. I think two hours is closer to average than four.

There are a couple of things that make a difference. One is the number of batteries that you charge at a time. One will charge more quickly than two. I got the impression you are charging one at a time, so you'd be seeing faster charge times. Another factor is the state of the battery when you put it in the charger. A half-depleted battery will be charged sooner than one that is completely flat.

pakalolo,

mudshark

Vaporist
Smart chargers (more $) like my Maha MH-C401FS charge depleted stock LSD batteries in about 6-8 hours. The slower you recharge the less hot the batteries get. The less hot the batteries get the larger number of recharge cycles you can expect during the batteries lifetime.

For comparison, the stock MFLB charger charges two (2) depleted LSD batteries in about 2 hours. The batteries get fairly warm to the touch. I only use the stock MFLB charger occasionally as I feel the LSD batteries get too hot during the recharge process.

mudshark,
Hi guys, I was in Amsterdam over 4/20 and met a Canadian guy who was travelling with a girl. We spoke about our MFLB's and Fuck combustion so if you see this, canadian guy, pm me!

RandallFloyd,

skippy

There are several different chargers that Magic-Flight has shipped at different times. I haven't kept close track but I think that some of them are faster than others. The times you see around are always worst case. I think two hours is closer to average than four.

There are a couple of things that make a difference. One is the number of batteries that you charge at a time. One will charge more quickly than two. I got the impression you are charging one at a time, so you'd be seeing faster charge times. Another factor is the state of the battery when you put it in the charger. A half-depleted battery will be charged sooner than one that is completely flat.
I agree, 2 hours is closer to the mark for charging mine.
I also agree, charging one at a time is faster, though I usually charge two at a time. But, like you also said up until the last week or so I've always re charged my batteries after one trench, in the last week I've been experimenting with using a battery for a couple of trenches, though I'm still yet to wait 4 hours for a charged battery.

skippy,

gadabout

Ok...i got my 2700s..put 2 on the black mflb charger..2 1/2 hours to charge 2. Then i grabbed my mflb..filled a trench..the thing i noticed off the bat is a brighter light..so i started pullin..u do have to keep an eye on it cuz it will combust. Once i got the speed right..it was a whole diff level with my box..warmer thicker vapor. Plus i vaped 3 trench fulls and it was still going..lol. I was a solid 9! So a big difference from what i see! Faster..bigger hits..warmer..so i give the 2700s a thumbs up. Now i have 4 stock batteries..and 4 2700s.. Im set..plus my pa is on its way. Im happy as hell..so thanks to mflb and the best place to buy ur vaping tools puff it up.

gadabout,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
The light allows you to check if the batteries are okay or not.. toward the end of each battery, the light is dimmer.

Congrats on your purchase, the PA is a big plus for the MFLB, you will like it. ;)

vorrange,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Well, after almost a year, I'm beginning to see a marked reduction in the ability of the stock batteries, to vape a trench. Looks its finally time for me to break down and buy some 2700s to.

BigDaddyVapor,

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro
i kept my batteries in my pocket and the positive end got melted rubber on the tip. When i put it in the charger the rubber started to burn and battery acid started to leak. it was a very little amount. i got the melted rubber/plastic off and the battery still charges and works. Should i toss it anyway?

NotPotRelated,

johnquach

i broke my stem, so right now i am using a straw as a temporary thing. the only problem is that the straw is getting really hot (i use 2700s) whenever i draw on it. do u guys think it matters? also would doing this http://i.imgur.com/TVKYI.jpg be dangerous because of the plastic? or is vapor not hot enough to melt the plastic

johnquach,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
i broke my stem, so right now i am using a straw as a temporary thing. the only problem is that the straw is getting really hot (i use 2700s) whenever i draw on it. do u guys think it matters? also would doing this http://i.imgur.com/TVKYI.jpg be dangerous because of the plastic? or is vapor not hot enough to melt the plastic
I ran into the same issue using a straw and my 2700's. After a day or two, I just said screw it and threw the thing away. I'm not gonna risk it if I don't have to. I found my stem a few days later :)

Quetzalcoatl,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey MFLB fans :) Look what i found in a forum at vutra.org by user zicopera - very crafty guy it seems :), DIY Water adapter + bubbler caddy :).
p31364583.jpg
p31364623.jpg
p31364653.jpg
p31364663.jpg
p31364673.jpg

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
the site is in another language otherwise i would have just navigated it myself :)
It is not mentioned the wood type.. and this is a DIY not an item you can buy :). Wood type is not mentioned..
I don't know Croatian too but google translator does ;)

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom