Hansel

paytonpenn said:
Will my power adapter battery need a cap?

Nope, as you have to physically press the button on the end to supply power.

On a weird note, I tend to access this forum through my Android phone via Dolphin HD. For some reason, this forum makes that browser chew up 50% CPU :) Only happens on that browser as far as I can tell (which is a shame, as it's the best browser available for Android). I might shoot them a bug report.

Hansel,

sundaddy

I love the variable heat control on the Power Adapter. You can hit it on a very low setting and get a energy high, or crank up the heat and get a sedating high. BTW don't forget, Weed Wars starts tonight on the Discovery Channel.

sundaddy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
and......
do not worry about the pushback ring at all.
The PA has a longer nipple to compensate for this!

Vitolo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
robert denby said:
just figured id drop my 2 cents on some battery issues:
i am having a hard time telling the difference in usage ability between the powerex 2700's i got and some duracell 2450 mAH's i got a stop and shop for 8 bucks (4pak). i guess only time will tell which one lasts the longest but i used some powerex's (a set of 4) for about 6 months daily and they eventually stopped working as they had, i trickle charged them and everything but they just seems to lack the output they used to have. i chalked it up to intense usage and put them aside and got more.
i also saw the duracells at the store and figured id give them a try. i feel initially they both get as hot as quick despite this differing mAH. also i really dont rock a trench till its coffee brown so session longevity isnt really an issue for me.
it just seems that when you use the box 4-10 times a day with a set of 4 batteries, 6 months is about what youll get from them before you need to get new ones.

input?

(Emphasis added)

That would be because mAh is a measure of capacity not power. (Seems to be an epidemic of confusion on this point recently.) You are having trouble telling the Powerex performance from the Duracell because they are both HSD batteries and have similar discharge curves.

My Powerex batteries lasted a bit longer but three of four were virtually useless after I did not use/charge them for two months. My LSD batteries (Maha Imedion 2400s, the LB stock battery) are all still as good as when I got them.

Hansel said:
On a weird note, I tend to access this forum through my Android phone via Dolphin HD. For some reason, this forum makes that browser chew up 50% CPU Only happens on that browser as far as I can tell (which is a shame, as it's the best browser available for Android). I might shoot them a bug report.

Actually Opera Mobile has the reputation of being the best Android browser, and I agree with that, although I haven't yet tried Firefox on Android. Opera Mobile certainly doesn't chew up the CPU when visiting FC. One major deficiency I've read about for Dolphin HD is its Javascript performance, which might explain your experience.

pakalolo,

Hansel

Actually Opera Mobile has the reputation of being the best Android browser, and I agree with that, although I haven't yet tried Firefox on Android. Opera Mobile certainly doesn't chew up the CPU when visiting FC. One major deficiency I've read about for Dolphin HD is its Javascript performance, which might explain your experience.

I used Opera on Android for a while and found it just terrible with mobile versions of sites (gmail for example. It'd always display a horrible formatted version). I tried fixing it for a while and lodged a bug report but soon gave up on it altogether. Lots of people were having the same issues at the time, no idea if they've gotten around to fixing it up yet.

Hansel,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hansel said:
I used Opera on Android for a while and found it just terrible with mobile versions of sites (gmail for example. It'd always display a horrible formatted version). I tried fixing it for a while and lodged a bug report but soon gave up on it altogether. Lots of people were having the same issues at the time, no idea if they've gotten around to fixing it up yet.

That sounds like Opera Mini not Opera Mobile. Opera Mobile is the only Android browser that scores 100% on the Acid 3 test, and it rates over 90 points (~33%) better than Dolphin HD on the HTML5 rendering test. If you want to discuss this further, we should move to the Vapor Lounge.

pakalolo,

Hansel

pakalolo said:
Hansel said:

That sounds like Opera Mini not Opera Mobile. Opera Mobile is the only Android browser that scores 100% on the Acid 3 test, and it rates over 90 points (~33%) better than Dolphin HD on the HTML5 rendering test. If you want to discus this further, we should move to the Vapor Lounge.

It occurred with both unfortunately. Anyway, never mind.

Hansel,

johnquach

received my mflb today just used it, it was amazing. im charging my batteries right now and the light is solid red, how do i know when their done charging?

johnquach,
Just checking in to say that I picked up my MFLB with a mini grinder from Amazon for $95, and it's the latest version- clicking lid, seals, black tin...
Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but thought I'd offer a counter point and point out that at least one of the Amazon options is legit.

DavidWooderson,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am sure tons of them are.
I love saving when I can also
My preference is always to support the companies that interact directly with us here in the threads that they represent!

Vitolo,

nZiFFLe

so i got my mflb last week and am loving it so far. i'm already thinking of getting the wpa because i find the vapor a little harsh, so hopefully the wpa will remedy this.

i do have one concern, though. my herb is not browning evenly. i grind it properly (powdery consistence), never pat the trench down, and make sure i shake the box after each hit, but i still find that i get bits of black and green mixed in with the abv.

i was thinking that it might be because the bud i have is so sticky, as it gets clumped up sometimes. but i still make sure it's not clumped up before each hit, so i don't think this is the problem. and it's not the charge of the batteries, either.

is this normal?

nZiFFLe,

kewpcer

Yes. It doesn't happen to me every time, but quite often. Long micro hits are what causes mine, I think.

Edit: Also, after it starts to get a bit browned, pop it out in you hand and break it up more between your thumb and finger. That helps ensure more even vaporization.

kewpcer,

robert denby

thats what i came to find, its lengthy micro hits wherein the box gets much hotter than it needs to causing the black bits. i would just take shorter breaks between your micro hits and youll find it browns more evenly. you will also see less visible vapor exhaled but that isnt a bad thing :)

robert denby,

Chrispy3

I just received my MFLB from Puffitup.com and wanted to give them a little credit.

First, their customer service is top notch and they're an awesome company!

I got free priority shipping, received my box 3 days after ordering it. In addition to supporting an awesome retailer they also make it quite rewarding to purchase through them. I got a free pack of pipe cleaners, a free carrying case ( in addition to the one that comes with MFLB), free 4 piece grinder, 2 free batteries, a second glass stem, and a 1 foot extension tubing. They really make it known that customer satisfaction is their number 1 goal. I will not hesitate to purchase all my future vape products through them, and would gladly recommend them to everyone else.

I have not had a chance to use mine yet, as next week is finals week at my uni and being a mechanical engineering major I've been very busy studying. I'll be sure to post my review of it here though when I do.

Also, I was wondering if anyone would be able to recommend a good water adapter aside from the one offered by MFLB. I don't like the idea of having to hold the box up to it, and would prefer some sort of tubing that attaches to a water adaper. Would something like this http://silversurfervap.com/glass/wcfm/ground-glass-water-pipe-adapter.html coupled with some medical tubing found on amazon work well? I'm not sure what thickness of tubing I would need to purchase.
~~Chrispy3

Chrispy3,

wot

Has anyone had a problem with the button on the PA becoming spongy? Mine doesn't 'click' on and off like it used to.

wot,

Chrispy3

I was wondering if anyone would be able to recommend a good water adapter aside from the one offered by MFLB. I don't like the idea of having to hold the box up to it, and would prefer some sort of tubing that attaches to a water adaper. Would something like this http://silversurfervap.com/glass/wcfm/g apter.html coupled with some medical tubing found on amazon work well? I'm not sure what thickness of tubing I would need to purchase. Could anyone who has successfully adapted their magic flight box to their water pipe without the one offered through magic flight offer me any tips?
~~Chrispy3

Chrispy3,
Top Bottom