pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
spentskeeper said:
I let my LB combust about 10 times and now it has a burnt odor to it. I would really appreciate any advice on fixing that. I got it before i really new how to vape properly and ended up putting it away and now that i'm an expert, well i'm revisiting the LB and now it works great but i'm afraid I ruined it.

Follow the cleaning advice you've already been given for at least two cycles. You will probably find that there is still a burnt taste, but in my experience that will gradually disappear over the next few trenches.

pakalolo,

B.

War Criminal
Agreed, ive combusted in 3 seperate boxes, and the foulness went away within ten trenches. Maybe try a battery burn cleaning, where you put the battery in for a couple minutes uninterrupted

B.,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
After three months of abuse my stock batteries and additional ones i purchased are starting to crap out on me. Luckily i found out a local batteries + carries powerex 2700 so hopefully i will have some of those in my possession soon and can see if the rave reviews on them are true.

Vaporgin.,

LaunchBox420

Quinton
Vaporgin. said:
After three months of abuse my stock batteries and additional ones i purchased are starting to crap out on me. Luckily i found out a local batteries + carries powerex 2700 so hopefully i will have some of those in my possession soon and can see if the rave reviews on them are true.

out of personal use and experience i can say that the 2700's are a huge change. last waaaay longer than the stock batteries, quicker vapour, run a bit warmer and are just all around a better experience. these batteries made the LB for me

LaunchBox420,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
thedeserttortoise said:
pakalolo said:
ScrappeyDP said:
Is this true? I can remove the screen/heating element from the box and they'll still honor warranty? Or if I do some wood working on the box itself?

I do not represent Magic-Flight so I can't say exactly where they draw the line. I am simply repeating what magicflight has stated, namely that the warranty covers damage due to user error. Obviously deliberate damage is not user error. On the other hand, should you damage the box while attempting to do wood-working it might well be covered. You'd have to contact Magic-Flight with the details.

Edited because I left out a word

I think a little common sense goes a long way. Many a great warranty policy has disappeared because of abuse. A little wood burning design doesn't strike me as drastic... but again, I'd ask MF in advance. Now, removing the screen.... that seems almost like a major dismantle considering this design..... In good conscious I don't think I could go as far as to expect a new box if it doesn't work out. Just my thought's..

Kind of what I was thinking...I figured a little wood burning would be acceptable, but I plan on asking MF when I make my purchase. In no way will them saying no be a deal breaker, but it would be cool to customize it a bit :)

Purpl3_Haz3,

spentskeeper

Purpl3_Haz3 said:
thedeserttortoise said:
pakalolo said:
I do not represent Magic-Flight so I can't say exactly where they draw the line. I am simply repeating what magicflight has stated, namely that the warranty covers damage due to user error. Obviously deliberate damage is not user error. On the other hand, should you damage the box while attempting to do wood-working it might well be covered. You'd have to contact Magic-Flight with the details.

Edited because I left out a word

I think a little common sense goes a long way. Many a great warranty policy has disappeared because of abuse. A little wood burning design doesn't strike me as drastic... but again, I'd ask MF in advance. Now, removing the screen.... that seems almost like a major dismantle considering this design..... In good conscious I don't think I could go as far as to expect a new box if it doesn't work out. Just my thought's..

Kind of what I was thinking...I figured a little wood burning would be acceptable, but I plan on asking MF when I make my purchase. In no way will them saying no be a deal breaker, but it would be cool to customize it a bit :)
maybe you could have them send you the box for you to work your magic on and then send it back to them for assembly

spentskeeper,

Hydro-only

Okay so I was trying to clean my MFLB around the rubber o-ring and ended up accidentally making the o-ring come out of its grove. :/ Then trying to put the o-ring back in the grove i tore the weld connecting the one of the steel rods to the screen. :uhoh: I have sent an email to blissSville. Hopefully getting it replaced wont be that big of a hassle. My box is still fully functional i just have to be careful no herb gets into the small tear.

Hydro-only,

snahfu

I seem to be having problems with my mflb too. One side of the trench screen became very loose and now there is a hole. Whats strange is the whole mflb device does not work anymore. When I place the battery inside the unit, the trench does not get hot.

Does anyone know whats going on?

snahfu,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Just send it to magic flight. The lifetime warranty means you don't have to know why it's not working, that's their job. :cool:

aesthyrian,

lwien

124112 said:
Does the MFLB give a good body high, or just a mind high?

Body high versus mind high is more a function of the temp that you are vaping at rather than which vaporizer you are using.

lwien,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
lwien said:
124112 said:

Body high versus mind high is more a function of the temp that you are vaping at rather than which vaporizer you are using.

I hear what your saying lwien, I am curious as 124112 is, as to where the mflb runs at a set temp(without the power adapter) if it natively draws at a temp more related to a body or mind high...

Also, I read that the temp is variable depending on the speed of the draw, so I guess this could have an effect as well...

Purpl3_Haz3,

lwien

Purpl3_Haz3 said:
lwien said:
124112 said:

I hear what your saying lwien, I am curious as 124112 is, as to where the mflb runs at a set temp(without the power adapter) if it natively draws at a temp more related to a body or mind high...

Also, I read that the temp is variable depending on the speed of the draw, so I guess this could have an effect as well...

Also, how long you keep the battery against the contacts.

lwien,

enstasy

I love my MFLB, it is one of the best purchases I've made. Only single downfall is the battery life :(

How does one get into that beta of the power adapter? And also, with the Powerex batteries, do you need to peel the outer shell of the battery or do they fit already? And can you use the charger that came with the launch box to charge them?

enstasy,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
enstasy said:
I love my MFLB, it is one of the best purchases I've made. Only single downfall is the battery life :(

How does one get into that beta of the power adapter? And also, with the Powerex batteries, do you need to peel the outer shell of the battery or do they fit already? And can you use the charger that came with the launch box to charge them?

as for the powerex batts, im pretty sure any batty has to be peeled, as thats how it makes contact. one contact is the nipple, the other is on both the other end, and on the side, making shallow ports possible...thats also why they say on the mflb site not to let a peeled battery sit on a metal or conductive surface, as it will short and heat up quickly

as for te power adapter, go to https://magic-flight.com:4200/buydpab/ar_home to purchase a beta version...

**edit for info on power adapter**

Purpl3_Haz3,

Gunky

Some more observations about the beta PA. On my unit in order to crank the heat up you roll the thumb-wheel towards the end of the unit where the wall wart power supply plugs in. I think it would make more sense to roll your thumb over the wheel such that your thumb moves toward the probe (ie increase what is going to probe) to increase heat. In any case perhaps the wheel could have arrows like some audio equipment volume thumb-wheels or some marking on the case indicating up or down. Numbers on the wheel could also work, or perhaps a high-contrast dot on the wheel for some rough calibration...

I like the box with the PA better than with the supplied 2400 Mah batteries (I originally picked up some extra 2400 Immedions and Powerex charger; never tried the 2700's). It has more oomph and on the higher settings can be used as a heavier-hitting device, making it competitive with whip vapes for one or two users, IMO.

edit: addl thoughts -

I think the log vapes beat the mflb for purity of taste and inability to scorch or burn. Also for neatness and cleanliness. Somehow or other I spill more herb and abv with the mflb and it is a little less elegant in hand and in its use.

devil.gif
On the other hand the devil in me loves those heavy hits and the way the lift box sneaks up on you. The power to go all the way to scorch has its upside if you like those essences driven off at higher temps. Very good if you need to make it quick. Portability - lift box is it. If you can have only one and portability is a requirement, the lift box is an excellent choice. Mflb is a very innovative vape. Love the PA.

Gunky,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Gunky said:
I think the log vapes beat the mflb for purity of taste and inability to scorch or burn. Also for neatness and cleanliness. Somehow or other I spill more herb and abv with the mflb and it is a little less elegant in hand and in its use.

I somewhat agree with the spillage but IMO, there is no way a log vape beats out the LB on taste. And with good technique, there is never scorching, only uniform bud tanning :) and I also notice the LB is more efficient than my log. 3 stems are equal to about a trench and I get much better off a trench than 3 stems, not to mention slightly darker abv with the LB

JDSupreme,

Gunky

Hey JD your video convinced me to pick up the PA. Thx! As to logs and lb's - as you know they are both great. Probably you are right about the technique. I am not as practiced on the lift box yet. The logs live on the safe side, no burn possible. With the PA you can turn it down and do the same, or crank it up and live dangerously :brow: .

Gunky,

Spacenstein

CombustionJunction said:
I'm at a crossroads. Trying to decide if I want the Maha C9000 or the MFLB PA. What to do? What to do?

Looks like you've got a great home setup.. try to improve your portable setup! Plus the MFLB PA is still in beta, so you might want to wait a little while and pickup the final release, anyways..

Spacenstein,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
CombustionJunction said:
I'm at a crossroads. Trying to decide if I want the Maha C9000 or the MFLB PA. What to do? What to do?

If I were you, I would order the c9000, as the PA is only gonna get better...the batty is something that will work (not saying that the PA won't/doesn't) just that the PA is in beta right now, and it will likely have some great improvements pretty soon, thanks to the members here at FC.

Once again just my :2c:

Edit, Spacestein made a similar post about a minute or two before me, while I was typing lol...but same idea...figured I would quote and add it in my post though as mine started a new page...sorry if that made absolutely no sense...vaked

Spacenstein said:
CombustionJunction said:

Looks like you've got a great home setup.. try to improve your portable setup! Plus the MFLB PA is still in beta, so you might want to wait a little while and pickup the final release, anyways..

Purpl3_Haz3,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I'd only get the C9000 if I was really interested in batteries or are a techy. It won't charge your battery any more than any other quality charger.

If you already own a AA charger getting the maha won't allow you to do anything you can't already do. At least the PA will give you a new capability.

There isn't much to change on the PA except for aesthetics. It's a adjustable voltage regulator. There isn't much you can do to improve it.

elmomuzz,
Top Bottom