hellomyfrients

Personally I am on my sixth? box after owning over 100 vapes, back to the genesis from 13+ years ago.

In my decades long journey with all forms of cannabis ingestion, I've never had a healthier relationship to the plant than when using the LB. Simply how it is for me, YMMV.

For power lately I decided not to use their battery thing and instead bought a variable voltage USB-C to DC adapter on Amazon for $8. I use my 140W-max USB-C power bank that I already have for charging my laptop/phone/video games/etc, or my little power brick that I use for charging my laptop. The cables don't bother me, I think putting the battery in the vape would just be another form of planned obsolescence. You can use any USB-C powerbank forever this way and purchase something that has actually high quality cells that can take the cycles, that's usable anyways outside a vaping context. It literally lasts for days powering the box.

This week I've used it to reduce my distillate oil intake 90%, which feels amazing for my throat.

Maybe it's because I'm a tinkerer or because I've had battery degradation on vapes where the company no longer exists, but this is the only way that makes long-term sense to me.

Choices

Personally I am on my sixth? box after owning over 100 vapes, back to the genesis from 13+ years ago.

In my decades long journey with all forms of cannabis ingestion, I've never had a healthier relationship to the plant than when using the LB. Simply how it is for me, YMMV.

For power lately I decided not to use their battery thing and instead bought a variable voltage USB-C to DC adapter on Amazon for $8. I use my 140W-max USB-C power bank that I already have for charging my laptop/phone/video games/etc, or my little power brick that I use for charging my laptop. The cables don't bother me, I think putting the battery in the vape would just be another form of planned obsolescence. You can use any USB-C powerbank forever this way and purchase something that has actually high quality cells that can take the cycles, that's usable anyways outside a vaping context. It literally lasts for days powering the box.

This week I've used it to reduce my distillate oil intake 90%, which feels amazing for my throat.

Maybe it's because I'm a tinkerer or because I've had battery degradation on vapes where the company no longer exists, but this is the only way that makes long-term sense to me.
Could you post a pic of what you’re describing? I think a number of people would be interested in your set up and perhaps making one of their own. That includes me! Thanks in advance!

hellomyfrients

Could you post a pic of what you’re describing? I think a number of people would be interested in your set up and perhaps making one of their own. That includes me! Thanks in advance!
here it is with the usb-c bank, the cable is a bit long but it doesn't bother me I just shove it in the pocket --

... for the plugged in set-up, just replace the battery bank with any 45W+ USB-C brick.

The only item you need besides the box is the "FARSENSE USB C to DC Adapter" on Amazon, or equivalent. If I were to do it all again, I'd probably go with a shorter cable, fixed voltage adapter, because setting the voltage when I plug it in is an unnecessary extra step since the box always uses 12V. Make sure the cable can handle 12V and the amperage (I had a rec with this post but it looks like it actually may not handle enough wattage).

My powerbank is the UGreen 145W 25000mAh, also on Amazon. I mainly use it for charging my laptop/phone/switch on the go so I already had one.

Everything works fantastic, including the temp control dial.

OldAndInTheWay

I've always wanted to try the launch box, so I was happy to discover that there is a "Grab Bag - Winter Solstice Special" on the magic flight website. They are offering a factory second launch box on sale for just under fifty bucks. I picked up a launch box and the accessory kit for $80 shipped. Should be educational if nothing else.

coolbreeze

I've always wanted to try the launch box, so I was happy to discover that there is a "Grab Bag - Winter Solstice Special" on the magic flight website. They are offering a factory second launch box on sale for just under fifty bucks. I picked up a launch box and the accessory kit for $80 shipped. Should be educational if nothing else.
I've only had mine a few months and I really enjoy it. It's great plugged in. Battery life ain't great but one or two will suffice for a walk in the woods.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
So glad you took advantage of the Grab Bag Sale! What did you get, if you don't mind explaining? I was tempted, definitely tempted.

Madri-Gal,
Reactions: cannasoor

warren0728

i ended up purchasing a maple jeweled edition mlfb new from the mflb website along with a cherry finishing grinder and then picked up the second mflb with a walnut finishing grinder for really cheap on the entexchange discord ...

mflb-small.jpg

OldAndInTheWay

So glad you took advantage of the Grab Bag Sale! What did you get, if you don't mind explaining? I was tempted, definitely tempted.
On their site it was the "star knot" pattern. Not a thing wrong with it (it wasn't a second). It was generic (no serial number) so it doesn't come with a warranty; but to be honest I don't see it getting a lot of heavy use. It's more a novelty to appreciate what I missed during a 30 year T-Break. Someday I want to pick up one of Eagle Bill's "shake and bake" vapes for the same reason, I'll roast some old CBD boof and marvel at how far things have advanced. :)

OldAndInTheWay,
Reactions: Ramahs

coolbreeze

It's more a novelty to appreciate what I missed during a 30 year T-Break. Someday I want to pick up one of Eagle Bill's "shake and bake" vapes for the same reason, I'll roast some old CBD boof and marvel at how far things have advanced. :)
I've gotten both for similar reasons and I like them both more than I thought I would. I use the mflbs hiking a good bit.

Top Bottom