• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Lotus Vaporizer

BaMbAaAChA

HAKUNA MATATA!!
I received a lotus and wpa earlier this week and haven't been using anything else since. The lotus has the best flavor of any vape I've ever tried, and really packs a punch. It does require lots of butane, but I haven't gotten my methods exactly dialed in yet either. Maybe it's a honeymoon phase, but the lotus is my favorite.
It doesn`t, You need to heat for 2-3 secs with a the flame of a size as the size from one lotus screw to other.
then one slow deep breath for 5 secs. exhale repeat :)

natural farmer

It doesn`t, You need to heat for 2-3 secs with a the flame of a size as the size from one lotus screw to other.
then one slow deep breath for 5 secs. exhale repeat :)

Slow and deep breath for 5 secs is not logical for the Lotus as it is restricted enough to forbid such deep inhales in that little time… Except if you have the lungs of a cat… :p You will need at least 10-15 secs of drawing to get a deep breath, right bro? ;)

Yeah I have that much figured out but thx

But it still uses a lot of butane compared to the vapman or daisy, in my experience

Compared to those vapes I agree it does consume more butane but compared to the Hummer it consumes less. In general though the Lotus is not so hungry for gas. With heavy use I needed about a fill per day (with the Honest lighters). A can of butane every 3 months maybe?. Much better than buying and replacing batteries and chargers and cases, right? I miss the Lotus and flowers… Vapman and hash for now! :p

natural farmer,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Hello lotus people! I have been looking into lighter powered vapes for a couple days, and would like to buy a couple to compare them! The main four I have found are, vapman, lotus, daisy, and vapor genie. I want to start with the lotus. I would order now, but I can't decide if I should buy the new high temp cap or the origional. (I have used the search button, but haven't found many people comparing the two) does the high temp cap take longer to heat up? Because If it doesn't, I don't see why I would order the other one. I'm considering use on the go, so maybe the one that heats up quickly would be best? If anyone has experience using both, the feedback would be appreciated! Wanting to order now but can't decide!

legalcloud,

grokit

well-worn member
Hello lotus people! I have been looking into lighter powered vapes for a couple days, and would like to buy a couple to compare them! The main four I have found are, vapman, lotus, daisy, and vapor genie. I want to start with the lotus.

These are my impressions (sorry no experience with the new cap):
  • vapman: eu-sourced, great for hash and efficient with flowers
  • lotus: convection for flowers, great with water or use like a pipe
    - also new hd cap for concentrates​
  • daisy: monster convection flower hits, stem-based
  • vapor genie: can be used with regular lighter if no wind

Last edited:

JimmyCricket

Hello lotus people! I have been looking into lighter powered vapes for a couple days, and would like to buy a couple to compare them! The main four I have found are, vapman, lotus, daisy, and vapor genie. I want to start with the lotus. I would order now, but I can't decide if I should buy the new high temp cap or the origional. (I have used the search button, but haven't found many people comparing the two) does the high temp cap take longer to heat up? Because If it doesn't, I don't see why I would order the other one. I'm considering use on the go, so maybe the one that heats up quickly would be best? If anyone has experience using both, the feedback would be appreciated! Wanting to order now but can't decide!
If you want to use concentrates or just zap the shit out of your herb with no worries, get the high temp. If you mainly want to use only herb just get the regular it works great! That black plate is sexy looking tho...

JimmyCricket,

jojo0420

Cloud Chaser

I have both versions, I recommend the new high heat version.
It may take one more second to heat up, but probably not.
With the new version you have no concern of damage to the interior from overheating, which is good for newbies and future reformed combusters. :)

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I thought the high temp is the replacement..? Only difference is addition of heat gaskets and countersunk the heating plate. The function is the same. Problem was with the heavy burners were cinching the wood around the plate. Since concentrates generally takes more heat, the gaskets prevent the cinching.
Maybe I missed something.?

SpaceCoyote

Well, I must say the high temp cap works wonderfully with a S&B concentrate pad.
What? :razz: The high temp cap is already here? How did I miss that? I've just been patiently waiting, figuring I'd hear it here first....
OK then, off to the Lotus site! :D

OK found it! $90? Ouch, but I want!
Looks like it got announced while I was on vacation and I just didn't go back far enough.
So, my understanding is that it doesn't require more heat, it just tolerates more heat better, is that a fair assessment? What about the likelihood of accidental combustion? More, less, or the same?

Last edited:

BaMbAaAChA

HAKUNA MATATA!!
I do disassembled and cleaned mine alot of times (a normall one not the high temb version), but the wood under the metal ring is as black as my morning coffee.

I have order the new high temb cause I do over hit it with flowers when I want to take that very last hit when you know there is nothing left but you still try :p
and some times I just get spaced out and still over heat it so I would advice if you buy a new one buy the high temp.

BaMbAaAChA,

natural farmer

I do disassembled and cleaned mine alot of times (a normall one not the high temb version), but the wood under the metal ring is as black as my morning coffee.

I have order the new high temb cause I do over hit it with flowers when I want to take that very last hit when you know there is nothing left but you still try :p
and some times I just get spaced out and still over heat it so I would advice if you buy a new one buy the high temp.

The normal cap let's you only disassemble the top part to change the hot plate… The high temp one supposedly let's you clean under the lower plates as well, where most of the herb specs accumulate... ;)

BaMbAaAChA

HAKUNA MATATA!!
The normal cap let's you only disassemble the top part to change the hot plate… The high temp one supposedly let's you clean under the lower plates as well, where most of the herb specs accumulate... ;)

Yes, it is really easy to do it with the normal too, probably it is made abit easier to place it back.

BaMbAaAChA,

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures
Any 5x refined would be great. Some are cheap ($3 USD), some are a little more expensive ($5 USD).

In my experience there isn't a noticeable difference in lighter performance between those different 5x butanes.

Fenton Mewley,
Hey guys, had some time to play with the Lotus, been playing with alternative herbs, like stuff people have been writing about in the ethnobotanical thread. Anyways the device is a fun device and it does work, flavor on the alternative herbs I have is pretty roasted after the 3rd hit... I do like this device and think the results would be even better with the ganj. My only regret is ordering the short stem rather than the long stem. If anyone is thinking of oredering one of these, do it, but go ahead and get the long one. It will keep your hand further away from all the hot action, not sure what I was thinking.

Top Bottom