The Lotus Vaporizer

coolbreeze

Does anyone know if the Lotus WPA bundle from @VGOODIEZ is the Christmas edition (gold)?
It's probably not but they're really responsive, email them and they should get right back to you.

The Xmas one is still available from Italy in a kit with jhook, wpa, concentrate pad for $130. The wait's brief (though torturous).

Cap for <$110.

Last edited:

rizlafreak

two dog star

not really visible but in front you have a new ceramic (coated aluminium) grinder directly from china. around 18€ shipped and taxed. feels very precise and smooth. a magnet holds the top. only has one little chipping on the outside probably from transport. but no big deal. I think they must be awesome. absolutely no unwanted material in your herb, ceramic is so much tougher than metal... leightweightness is important too for me. i saw them under different brands and just found it cheaper on ebay sent somewhere from china.

I would say the 250ml bent cyl. ehle is the (at least my personal) pinnacle for the lotus.
30cm tall, quite lightweight with 3.0mm. I have a bigger case where I can take it on a trip...
with the 100ml when a lotus attached, it will flip over too easily.
but this is more for homeuse and must stand rock solid. nice vapor in the 250ml - 500ml was way too much for me. you are then just pulling and pulling till you inhale... there is a lack of feedback on bigger volumes which i dont like at all.

a kickhole actually made sense here, where as I didn't want one on the 100ml ehle cyl. since it'd be obviously more a joke then, and would have more downsides for my use than without the hole.

PS: the glass stand ain't new.

Last edited:

rizlafreak

two dog star
I use the the cone artist, it's cheap and helps. Quite handy and the closeable chamber is useful too, so you can keep your grind' herb them safe for a moment. and load easily by just flipping it over ontop of the wpa. Inner and outer diameter would optimally still be a margin bigger so that the herb falls easier to the bottom, depending on how fine your herb's grind is.
I would upgrade, when there are finer solutions, but I can't complain really since it works quite well.

Last edited:
rizlafreak,
Reactions: Vahn84

coolbreeze

any recommendation for a loading funnel? The lotus is a nightmare to load FOR ME :uhoh:
I usually just pinch-fill it over the grinder, but this'll always work too:
IMG-6584sm.jpg

Vahn84

I usually just pinch-fill it over the grinder, but this'll always work too:
….
I usually pinch-fill too but my stuff is sticky af…so the more I pinch the more I waste as a lot of it falls outside in the attempt of unsticking it and let it go inside. I’ll probably try with a piece of folded paper…didn’t think about that…thanks. They should probably think about a funnel though :lol:

envyxoa

they come up for sale on the discord entexchange… i got mine there with and og lotus cap too … i really like the stem
Link?.. how much you get it for. I like the j jook so far but I got a crossbody bag for hiking etc and j hook dosent fit well with my grinder lol

envyxoa,

mixchu69

Crazy quick shipping. Purchased on Thursday and received my Lotus package today (live in Cali). And this was during Christmas weekend. Beautiful stuff.

Both the olive cap and the Christmas edition are beautiful, but think I like the gold and darker grains on the Christmas

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Crazy quick shipping. Purchased on Thursday and received my Lotus package today (live in Cali). And this was during Christmas weekend. Beautiful stuff.

Both the olive cap and the Christmas edition are beautiful, but think I like the gold and darker grains on the Christmas edition.
Have you had a chance to try it yet? What do you think?

mixchu69

Have you had a chance to try it yet? What do you think?
I have not. I will tomorrow after I go pick up some butane at local headshop. I took a picture to share but trying to upload on Imgur is always a pain for me.

The 2 caps are beauties and glad to know that a new hot plate will make it look new. I’m also interested in the versatility of the WPA. I saw Troy420 use it for the B0. I heard it can be used with a lot of different vapes.

Hagbard

hello you lovely people. sorry if i am asking maybe the same questions over again but the search wasn't that helpful or i was too dumb to find the right answers. is it safe to use isopropyle alcohol for the WPA only.. just the metal part. not the wood or the plates. only the WPA? and do you have any more advice for cleaning? just got my first lotus and i'd like to keep it in good condition. thanks

:)

Last edited:

coolbreeze

hello you lovely people. sorry if i am asking maybe the same questions over again but the search wasn't that helpful or i was too dumb to find the right answers. is it safe to use isopropyle alcohol for the WPA only.. just the metal part. not the wood or the plates. only the WPA? and do you have any more advice for cleaning? just got my first lotus and i'd like to keep it in good condition. thanks

:)
Should be fine, afaik. I just soak mine for a short while, rinse, dry, get back to business. : )

mixchu69

Was pretty surprised how small the WPA bowl is.

First bowl, pure flavor. I was actually surprised by the flavor, as I expected a hint of wood.

Second bowl, made a mistake (because I was a lil medicated) and was close to combustion. Was too aggressive and got a dark char.

After 2 bowls, I can say there is not much of a learning curve. Like the Vapman, the Lotus is a great micro dosing vape (one being primarily conduction, the other primarily convection) and are a great pair. And both are aesthetically pleasing.

rizlafreak

two dog star
It's quite easy actually, after a few bowls it's like routine. but I would say it's not just a microdoser's vape.It can make decent hits, comes in ballvape territory almost from what I have seen. Still I don't have a ballvape for direct comparisons, probablye in the next months I will get a quaroma lite L in 14mm only.
Maybe there is also a trick to load more into than a microdose and get imo better performance: I always use a chinese bamboo earcleaner (alternatively a dabtool) to press down the fine grinded herb (whatever it is :rolleyes:) and for cleaning too, as it wont scratch the metal surface... not really pressing, just making it more tight layered without pressing the herbs themselves thus allowing good but evenly airflow (imo very important) through the fine grind and keeping good distance to the end of the chamber to literally stay safer away from combustion... where the air is very hot. and if you are lucky you got some sort of resin flakes on top, like say hash or kief. ;)

I would also again highly recommend a smaller 14mm bong. and a glass stand for easy loading is nice to have, as well as this stainless medical grade nail tool / lab spatula, for under 5 bucks (alternatively the cone artist):

lotus-with-ehle.jpg

btw. The lotus would be the only vape I would 'take on an island'... the ritual is essentially the same, as if you smoke a bowl and
you don't need to wait minutes for a nice hit.
edit: I spray isopropanol from each sides in the chamber, put a little water in too and shake it, then let run through boiling water from both sides and its like new. if there gets a bit on the o-rings for a few seconds, and you clean it immediately with water, its not a problem up to date.

Last edited:
Top Bottom